• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
As for the tournament next week, we'll be meeting at the mall. We..havent really decided when we'll leave from oxmoore. Once light figures out when he'd be able to show up saturday we'll have a better idea. I'm hoping that we can leave the mall around 11:00 though. We'll all probably get there around 10:00ish, to give everyone time to show up and for us to split up into cars. Speaking of which, we need to decide who all can drive for next week. Last Friday it was just the five of us so we just piled up in tactical's car lol. But there'll be more of us next time.

Oh, and on December 6th S2D is going to be holding a louisville city championship. We're hoping for a much larger turnout. Josh gave me all of the information so i'll probably end up creating a thread for it instead of just posting the information here. We're trying to get a large range of people to enter, not just the regulars that always come. There's a guarenteed $200 prize, so that in itself should attract enough people lol. (and the rules will be fixed)

neji32

Smash Lord
hilt, light said he could be there at 11 but it would depend on how long we would be there. He has a curfew for when he must be back, (would be best if it were to end around 10-11)if it last later than that then we cant go =/

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well if he had to be home before 12:00 then it'd probably be best that we tried to leave around 10:00 - 10:30. If all goes well I'm pretty sure it should be workable. Considering the tournament will start at 2:00, it shouldnt last more than eight hours... even if it were to get an extremely large turnout. However if some of us(tactical) are still in the tournament and it gets too late, we'll be in seperate cars, so we'll find some way to make it work so you two can get home before midnight even if one car group left near the end of the tournament before it ends. it shouldnt be too big of a deal.

Again though, is there anyone who can drive, besides tactical? I think JKip can but i dont know if he's working/going. And crash pretty much dissapeared.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Unfortunately I wont be able to attend this tourney since it's my nephews B-Day and my family tends to celebrate both his and my birthday on the same weekend. My B-Day is 11/21

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well that sucks... i was actually looking forward to facing you again rowan. I'll get my rematch sooner or later lol.

(finally broke 100 posts btw ^.^)

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i may not be able to go to any other tournaments either, possible i might get thrown ot of the team cause of my future absences. i might as well not worry about it...since jiano and rowan wont go. i might go, but...i wont get my hopes up. if cant make it for cinnci, i quiting brawl for good.

wangston

Smash Lord
yeah, i may not be able to go to any other tournaments either, possible i might get thrown ot of the team cause of my future absences. i might as well not worry about it...since jiano and rowan wont go. i might go, but...i wont get my hopes up. if cant make it for cinnci, i quiting brawl for good.
What why??? Meta knight isn't going to be banned anytime soon Louisville needs a good mk to fight.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
think about it, when the holiday seasons are over you wont be working as much. And even if you dont get to go to cinci, we'll be traveling again. So dont give up entirely yet.

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
Aww, sucks that you can't go Rowan, no Peach practice for me this satarday then :( Happy B-day though :bee:

As for Pally, I highly doubt anyone cares if you can't make it to many tournies. At least I know I wouldn't kick you off the team for being abscent.

Oh, and Hilt. Protein told me to tell you to check all is brawl.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
speaking of cinci, is there a way someone could give me a ride there?
that shouldnt be a problem. We're expecting to have 2-3 car groups, at least. Two of which consist of a van and mini van. So you and light are welcome to go.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
As for the tournament next week, we'll be meeting at the mall. We..havent really decided when we'll leave from oxmoore. Once light figures out when he'd be able to show up saturday we'll have a better idea. I'm hoping that we can leave the mall around 11:00 though. We'll all probably get there around 10:00ish, to give everyone time to show up and for us to split up into cars. Speaking of which, we need to decide who all can drive for next week. Last Friday it was just the five of us so we just piled up in tactical's car lol. But there'll be more of us next time.

Oh, and on December 6th S2D is going to be holding a louisville city championship. We're hoping for a much larger turnout. Josh gave me all of the information so i'll probably end up creating a thread for it instead of just posting the information here. We're trying to get a large range of people to enter, not just the regulars that always come. There's a guarenteed $200 prize, so that in itself should attract enough people lol. (and the rules will be fixed)
! I refuse to be deadweight! Just give us a time and we"ll be there. As for wrestling practice I told my coach that I had a performance in lexington this saturday starting at 9:00am. XD So im good 4 saturday. I really hope theres at least 75 people there.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
hmmm... well it'd be nice to leave around 10:00 to 10:30.

unless we get lost(like we did last time...) we should be able to get there before 12:30. plenty of time to get in some practice games before the tournament. so lets try to have everyone meet up after 9:30, and we'll try to be out of the mall by 10:30

wangston

Smash Lord
can someone give me info on the cini tourny, a link or something?
There is no info on cincy just yet. Right now it's a smash fest with Louisville vs Cincy. However Cincinnati is looking to host the Midwest Circuit East Championship on the same day, Dec 20th. So if they can get a venue on lock down they will host it. If they do host it we will be playing with the best players in the region and it will be awesome. However if they can't get a venue they said more than likely the tournament will be on another day and we can still play them.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I am currently working hard, I have about two venues planned out.

One I have to call to check if I can do, the other one it won't really be a problem

The first one would need a higher venue fee but we could easily purchase a 12-13 hour time slot with no trouble so that we could have an easy one day event for OOSers. The time slot is not guaranteed however - we'd be paying for 8-9 hours overtime...which isn't an issue to pay for so much as it is being able to get the venue.

The second one would have a lower venue fee but only lasts for eight hours MAX and that's pushing it with doubles and singles. Two day events are hassles for all of us and I'm sure no one would want to spend another day of their precious winter vacation on Smash, especially OOSers and OS.

wangston

Smash Lord
clowsui I like the way you think getting it all knocked out in one day. I would imagine it wouldn't be to hard I'm sure there would be like 50 bijillon set ups and as long as things keep rolling we would get done on time.

Kel

Smash Master
You know, we COULD just be hardasses with the rules. Most tournaments take too long because of two things; 1) Lack of set ups 2) ****ing around and not getting matches done.

I think GUNPUNCH! could just manhandle the situation and make everyone play their matches instead of friendlies. Plus we've got a bunch of setups from Cincinnati already. Plus whatever anyone else brings. So, really, we could do the less expensive one.

We all need synergy. Let's create a chatroom sometime.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
dont worry man... my manager said im off the 19th and 20th of dec. so everything is going ok. i might pull through with this one. so i will come to cinci, i just got upset because they said somebody said that no one is aloud off on Saturday in december unless not scheduled. i got pissed and went off, so i told hilt and everybody in advanced so they wouldn't pissed for not showing up to practice or tournaments. not like our formal team member who played a good Game&watch, who decide not to come anymore. so we decide to let him off. i didnt want to get laid off. Hilt owns the team so..

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
...i do?? nobody really owns anything. plus it's not like i'm the best of the goup either

nobody's gonna get mad at you if you miss some tournaments because of work. when we got frustrated at tyler, it was because he just didnt care anymore. and he also kept complaining about meta too much....

and yes crash, we're meeting at S2D saturday

oh, and when's thanksgiving break wangston? you may be able to make it back for S2D's big tournament on the 6th.

wangston

Smash Lord
...i do?? nobody really owns anything. plus it's not like i'm the best of the goup either

and yes crash, we're meeting at S2D saturday
Does this mean no tournament at s2d? And on that some note when is the next one so I can edit the title and first post.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
um... actually, there's still going to be one saturday at S2D... we're just not going to show up

>.>

S2D is just the best place to meet. so whoever DOES show up should have an easy time lol

and unless tactical or someone says something otherwise,yes try to be there between 9:30 and 10:00. speaking of which,is travis comming with you vy?

Vyyruss

Smash Apprentice
No idea, I'll talk to him tomorrow and see. I'm trying to get Shayne(EZMAC) aka
the other guy that plays sonic to go to. But I won't know if he's coming til later in
the week. Is Crash coming to the tourny in Lex?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
No idea, I'll talk to him tomorrow and see. I'm trying to get Shayne(EZMAC) aka
the other guy that plays sonic to go to. But I won't know if he's coming til later in
the week. Is Crash coming to the tourny in Lex?
yeah, he's comming.

lol we may actually end up needing a third vehicle. crash, how many can your van hold? seven, right?

Edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5814593#post5814593

I went ahead and posted up the thread about the tournament at S2D on the 6th of December

ALL OF THE S2D REGULARS NEED TO GO

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Seven rowdies in seatbelts.

Any extras with signed and notarized liability waivers in the back middle or front.

Vy. Bring MOD, bring his modsquad, if he doesn't have a squad assembled, flog him.

Joshkip is little ***** boy who can't handle load, small sort ftl. (sorry UPS joke)

neji32

Smash Lord
um... actually, there's still going to be one saturday at S2D... we're just not going to show up

>.>

S2D is just the best place to meet. so whoever DOES show up should have an easy time lol

and unless tactical or someone says something otherwise,yes try to be there between 9:30 and 10:00. speaking of which,is travis comming with you vy?
but you wont be leaving till.......?
cause me and light should be there around 11 at LATEST 11:15. But that shouldnt happen, if anything happens where we cant go, i will post. BTW should i bring my labtop or.....?

ROFL, someone is going to get the special prize.
LMAO i got it last time, it was a squishy fly xD

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
Wangston, is there anyway that you might be able to talk to the owner of Something to do about including melee tournaments, Melee seems to be regaining interest and Louisville would be an excellent place to get out of towners in to play melee because of its location in the middle of the midwest

wangston

Smash Lord
Wangston, is there anyway that you might be able to talk to the owner of Something to do about including melee tournaments, Melee seems to be regaining interest and Louisville would be an excellent place to get out of towners in to play melee because of its location in the middle of the midwest
Right now I'm in college in utah >___> so I can't really ask. But I'm sure tactical could ask. If S2D were to have a melee tournament it would just be a small side tournament on the 4th tv.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
we talked about melee tournaments awhile ago...not many people seemed too excited about it. I wouldn't mind being In one for fun, but if we can't get enough initial interest the judge probably wouldn't do it. plus the only serious competition you'd come up against is jiano I think... I just can't play melee like I use to after brawl.

and spec, light said you'd be able to show up around 10:30. that hasn't changed, right. or did you just not know about it.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hey ppl from KY

If I get championships organized in Cincy

1) 10 ppl will be coming yes?
2) I can have at least two full setups yes?

if i'm wrong please tell me

wangston

Smash Lord
Hey ppl from KY

If I get championships organized in Cincy

1) 10 ppl will be coming yes?
2) I can have at least two full setups yes?

if i'm wrong please tell me
There will be at least 10 people. I know I will for sure bring a setup and I'm sure I can get some of the others to bring setups. Just to be clear you are aiming for Dec 20th. Because I'm not flying back until 19th so if it's any early I can't come. Is there any chance of a venue fee wavier so it would be more of an incentive to bring one, if there isn't one I'm still bringing mine and I'm sure I can get some others to bring theirs.

Top Bottom