• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay, I found the thread for the tournament. I'd post a link, but I'm using a phone to post, so no pasting for me...

apparently the location is at university of kentucky. the rules seem to be normal except that only the finals are played in matches. the rest of the matches are singles.

The thread is listed in the "tournament listings" section btw

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!NO RANDOM!!!!JEEZE the 1 tourny we decide 2 come u make a f`d up rule like that? ****s naaa.

U need more advertisement.Hit different places like Gamestop and blockbuster with advertising signs(can u do that?) and last but not least dont change to nube rules pleassssssssssse!!!!!

;{

try colleges theres alot who think there good in colleges.But plz reg rules.

Or else....or else.............ill Homebrew hack your tournanent.....,.XDj/k

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
The TO has been wanting to do a random tournament for a while now, it was going to happen sooner or later. Besides, you get to have frendlies with everyone who'd normally show up. The TO isn't off put by the idea of running small side tournies either, if you want to get him to do a smaller normal tourney.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
advertisements have been suggested several times but no one's taken the time to do it. if I wasn't such a crappy drawer I'd do it but yeah... but if someone wants to make something and upload it, I'd happily out them up.

but our tournaments are dying. it's the same six or seven people with a couple randoms thrown in every once in awhile. the prizes are dropping dramatically... even the week we had 24 people, the winner only got like 60 I think... what I think we need to do is talk to the lexington community about merging. it doesn't even matter where we hold the tournament. they actually dont have weeklies so we could probably get something set up even if we have to start biweeklies... it'd be better than a 9 person turnout tournament. and yeah, light, I'm in the same situation. I'm JUST NOW getting back from florida to be greeted by a random tournament... I'm much more looking forward to the tournament in lexington

tactical: so... it's still possible that we could have a singles too? I'm not really mad about entering a random tournament... I'm just mad that there isn't going to be a regular tournament.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
paladin, read through some of the posts on page 27 of this thread. we're planning to go to lexington for a tournament this friday.

and you need to go

._.

wangston

Smash Lord
Well if it isn't Tactical. It's about time you started posting on here :D. Please encourage everyone at S2D to get an account and post. We need to build up to community and bring people together.

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
Hey, I called up J~kip and he seems interested, but he works almost those exact hours for the tourney. He said he'll try to finagle someone to cover his shift or all in a sick day or somesuch. He works the same shift with Crash too, so he said he'd talk to him about the tourney as well.

Concerning Tucker's, something is supposed to be going on this upcoming satarday, I think it's his dad's Bday. Regardless, I'll have to ask Tucker for permission to come over for the lot of you, best to ask and avoid any turndowns at the door, eh?

neji32

Smash Lord
advertisements have been suggested several times but no one's taken the time to do it. if I wasn't such a crappy drawer I'd do it but yeah... but if someone wants to make something and upload it, I'd happily out them up.

but our tournaments are dying. it's the same six or seven people with a couple randoms thrown in every once in awhile. the prizes are dropping dramatically... even the week we had 24 people, the winner only got like 60 I think... what I think we need to do is talk to the lexington community about merging. it doesn't even matter where we hold the tournament. they actually dont have weeklies so we could probably get something set up even if we have to start biweeklies... it'd be better than a 9 person turnout tournament. and yeah, light, I'm in the same situation. I'm JUST NOW getting back from florida to be greeted by a random tournament... I'm much more looking forward to the tournament in lexington

tactical: so... it's still possible that we could have a singles too? I'm not really mad about entering a random tournament... I'm just mad that there isn't going to be a regular tournament.
Has anyone ever tried advertising on allisbrawl?
Oh and plz no random I trained with anther far too long to not pick pikachu in this tourny.

10Pika&FalcoOwns

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
does anyone have any idea how to get ahold of anderson? I'd like for him to go to, but have no idea how to contact him

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
Sigh me&spec have skool ;( no lex 4 us. Is every1 going 2 b there this sat? I just want 2 brawl.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Sigh me&spec have skool ;( no lex 4 us. Is every1 going 2 b there this sat? I just want 2 brawl.
the lexington tournament doesn't start until after 5, so you could still make it. and yeah, everyone should still be there saturday.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
So to clarify...

We meet up at S2D tomorrow around 12:00P.M - 1:00 P.M so we can get set up and leave right? I just don't want to be there and find out you guys have already left or something.

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
That is correct, we meet up around noon and practice until about 2:00 when he divide up into carpooling and head out. Leaving at 2 gives us plenty of slack incase someone gets lost/horrible traffic.

Also, Light/Neji, Doo eet. Noone's gonne care if you missed your last class of the day. (unless you have a test or something)

Protein

Smash Apprentice
incoming wall of text. try to read it all.

ok, so wangston bugged me to get an account here. Mind you I wont really check back here too often, cause the features on AiB are very nice, and I have this ness group to keep up with. get an account on both like wangston (and I guess, now me.)
do me a favor and refer to me as Protein when online please.

I may as well out and say this: I can't go. Fridays are not okay for me. noon on Friday is even less okay. School+sick is not good for travel.
Also; lexington is far away.

anyways, I'll still be there on Saturday, and I think the random tourney is going to be cool. (mainly because I'm not really at a disadvantage)

I dont think our smash scene is dwindling or anything, for those that are worried. Many people have school right now, and some people have tough courses. I personally know 3 people that haven't been able to come because of standardized testing that they have to score high on in order to get into Top Tier Schools. I'm only able to come cause I was lucky on the tests and scored high. soon as school is out you should see another influx of people. I know of atleast one person who will start coming regularly in January.

if you need me to do some advertising/whatever on AiB I'm more than happy to, but seriously, if you all had accounts it'd be way easier to manage.(and it'd provide me an incentive) they have this nice tournament listing feature, it links with Neal's tournament software (which I have already given to Josh) so that it auto-updates the results. if you all would encourage Josh to use it, that would just be super.

then again, I'm not sure why but we always seem to break even on counterpick character limits. I'm pretty sure no one else does that.

neji32

Smash Lord
i have an AIB (CcSpeC) but i wouldnt really know what to put so i think you should make the tourny thread there. It might actually attract alot more people, cause more people go there to find tournies rather than smasboards

Protein

Smash Apprentice
I'm talking more to tac and the rest of the people that I spoke to today.

I can put it up and advertise it just fine...if only Josh used tio so that results would be uploaded properly.

and also if the people that go to that tournament have AiB accounts so that it'll be listed properly.

uh, I can explain better in person tomorrow, so yeah.

neji32

Smash Lord
i relized that, i was just stating that because i suggested the idea before you posted here.

Will you be at the tourny tomarrow?
you seem to be good, id love to show you my pikachu >=D

wangston

Smash Lord
Some one has got to let me know how Lexington went? I really can't imagine any of them being stellar. I'm hoping Louisville took the top 4 spots.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well!! interesting news on the lexington tournament.

it was definitely a different feel after the tournaments at S2D. there was a turnout of 78 people there! there were only five of us that entered. I placed 8th, rowan got second and tactical won. it was definitely an interesting tournament. and we're definitely wanting to travel much more after this.

speaking of traveling, there's another tournament in lexington at a different place next saturday. I'll post the information about it tomorrow when I get back home. we're currently on our way back now...but the tournament's at 2 pm so we'll probably leave oxmoore at around 10:00 or 11:00. so anyone that wants to go is welcome. hopefully we can go there and dominate like we did here lol.

wangston

Smash Lord
78!!!! Congrats. I wish i could have been there. So did anyone give tactical or rowan a good fight? Who were the other two that went?

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
Oh snap, I thought you quit brawl Jiano. I would love to fight you again, please come back plz :D

There was really one person at the tourney that gave me pause. I don't remember his name, but it was a fox player. Fox's up smash is such a nice kill move against me, had me on my toes the whole fight. Great time had by all :D

People that went = Me, Hilt, Calic, Rowen, and J~kip.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
78!!!! Congrats. I wish i could have been there. So did anyone give tactical or rowan a good fight? Who were the other two that went?
Surprisingly the one who gave me the best fight (besides tactical) was hilt lol.

P.S:

I really need the top 8 listings (and who they used) tactical lol.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
yeah, I've never come that close to beating you rowan lol. I feel a little but better about the 70-30 disadvantage I have against peach

it was definitely awesome though. there was a kirby I faced that would probably rival luke. other than that there weren't many there that were significantly good. the fox tactical mentioned and an alright rob. most of our losses were against each other lol.

Tactical

Banned via Warnings
They said it was a bi-yearly tournament, but the outstanding turnout may lead to more tourneys. (3 times a year? ;))

Ok, Top 8 as follow.

1: Tactical (Lucario) :bee:
2: Rowan (Peach)
3: Ian (Zero-suit Samus)
4: Les (Metaknight)
5: Lucky (Ike)
6: Big Ben (Game and Watch)
7: Hilt (Olimar)
8: Rob (Rob)

wangston

Smash Lord
Yo Jiano would you be interested in going to Cincinnati for a smashfest. It will mostly consist of brawl but I'm sure you could get some melee going. We are going to go up on Dec 20th. Let me know if you are interested in going.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yo Jiano would you be interested in going to Cincinnati for a smashfest. It will mostly consist of brawl but I'm sure you could get some melee going. We are going to go up on Dec 20th. Let me know if you are interested in going.
MWCEast Championships would probably be held on this date, so you guys will get to play a tourney then too =)

It's still in the works though, but it's more incentive for Jiano to go XD

wangston

Smash Lord
MWCEast Championships would probably be held on this date, so you guys will get to play a tourney then too =)

It's still in the works though, but it's more incentive for Jiano to go XD
Wait, wait, wait. So Cincinnati might be hosting the MWCEast Championship??? If so hot ****!!!! That means we get to play with all the good people from the Midwest. Please tell me this is in the works and is going to happen. If so this will make the trip to Cincinnati 100000000 times better.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'm working on it, I just need a few responses from Kel and OS about the plan and we'll see if it goes well with the Community Center (i.e. I have to confirm with the venue).

But the answer to that might question is yes.

Top Bottom