• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

wangston

Smash Lord
If the weather is decent when I get back for christmas break we ought to travel up to Cincinnati for one of their tournaments. So hopefully there won't be much snow. I can drive, I have huge astro van that seats 8 including me. So if he fill it with 7 other people we got quiet the crew going up there. I'll just need some monies for gas but it won't be that much with 7 people maybe $5 a person. Also I'm only going to be home from Dec 19th through Jan 3rd. The 20th would be the ideal date to do it for me. I don't know but I'm just throwing it out there because I want to see how good the Cincinnati smash scene is. If there isn't a Cinci tournament then or a S2D tournament during my christams break I think I might host a tournament at my house. Just let me know what you guys think and we will plan from there.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
the tourney wasnt bad last time. but think there was only 22 people there. anyway i have an explanation why i came in 3rd. Well, it was me and Tatical fighting for the final in the winners bracket, i won the first game. then he told me to side kirby so he would let me proove him wrong that i can beat him without Meta. of course, i lost.... then i got bad trips in the 3rd game, im known to run into charged smash attacks when i trip. i just got unlucky, from this point, on i'll never cease to run Meta Knight ever untill that day comes where he'll be banned for good.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
....wow i jus luv how me & spec arent even mentioned. it kinda hurts knowing that the only takeout I got was from paladin. & paladin knows 2 fear me..Aint that right paladin?!?! j/k jus kiddin but i swear i get eliminated the most gayest ways. first a suicidal rob/

last time i fought &lost against paladins MK twice & i was done.wats the point of dbl elimination if that hapns? Paladin hows ur falco coming?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
....wow i jus luv how me & spec arent even mentioned. it kinda hurts knowing that the only takeout I got was from paladin. & paladin knows 2 fear me..Aint that right paladin?!?! j/k jus kiddin but i swear i get eliminated the most gayest ways. first a suicidal rob/

last time i fought &lost against paladins MK twice & i was done.wats the point of dbl elimination if that hapns? Paladin hows ur falco coming?
you and spec should start comming more often. we need more regulars

and yeah...two people shouldnt face off against each other twice....you'd think the judge would think about that one. that actually happened last tournament with calic and paladin lol

wangston

Smash Lord
The TO should use tio tournament organizer that way there are brackets and you don't end up playing the same person again until the end. Also the loser of the winners should the play the winner of the losers and then the winner of that should be in the finals but the TO always b\puts that loser down in the losers bracket and makes him fight an additional round.

wangston

Smash Lord
Jiano good luck at even 52 this week end. The best melee player in the area here is going to event 52 his name is C!Z I told him to look out for and play your falcon in some friendlies, if he doesn't play you in the tournament, because it's so good.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
LOL! well light i havent really haven't got a chance to play falco lately. i been trying out kirby and trying to get good with him, that didnt go very well. i might head to falco but im gonna need some tutoring from you.

wangston

Smash Lord
Are you guys hearing me at all?????

Hilt, Paladin, Tactical, Rowan, Jiano, and any other smasher in Louisville interested. Would you guys like to go up to a Cincinnati for a tournament and then spend they day there for a smashfest? We can meet up at my house because it's on the way to Cincy and then I can drive everyone up there and back. I really think this would be a great opportunity to bring Cincinnati and Louisville closer together. Also they have 3 of the best players in the midwest Overswarm, Sliq, and Kel. This would be a great opportunity to see how well Louisville stacks up against Cincinnati, also those 3 players I mentioned have traveled and played in many of the midwest circuit events so they are very well experienced. This could open the doors for Cincinnati players to come down here for a tournament and smashfest once and a while. Right now I'm looking at a potential date between between Dec 20th and Jan 2nd, hopefully the weather will be nice and there won't be snow everywhere. I really want to go and I would like to have 4 or more people go with me so it's worth the trip.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Are you guys hearing me at all?????

Hilt, Paladin, Tactical, Rowan, Jiano, and any other smasher in Louisville interested. Would you guys like to go up to a Cincinnati for a tournament and then spend they day there for a smashfest? We can meet up at my house because it's on the way to Cincy and then I can drive everyone up there and back. I really think this would be a great opportunity to bring Cincinnati and Louisville closer together. Also they have 3 of the best players in the midwest Overswarm, Sliq, and Kel. This would be a great opportunity to see how well Louisville stacks up against Cincinnati, also those 3 players I mentioned have traveled and played in many of the midwest circuit events so they are very well experienced. This could open the doors for Cincinnati players to come down here for a tournament and smashfest once and a while. Right now I'm looking at a potential date between between Dec 20th and Jan 2nd, hopefully the weather will be nice and there won't be snow everywhere. I really want to go and I would like to have 4 or more people go with me so it's worth the trip.
traveling would be awesome. you're talking about traveling for a regional event, right?9 I'm sure tactical and rowan would go, since both of them have brought up going to regionals in the past. Just keep us informed on which tournament you have in mind and when it is and we can get something planned out

wangston

Smash Lord
Well it's not going to be a big regional tournament just a Cincinnati tournament and then after that just play friendlies with everyone from Cincinnati. We will doubles, singles, crew battles, the whole thing. But still they have some really good players there and I think it would a make fun trip. It's only about an hour drive so it's not biggy. I live in La Grange it's a 15min drive from s2d but it's right on 71 north so it's right on the way and it would be the best place to meet up. If you guys carpooled to my place then I would drive the rest of the way. I really think we should play the Cincinnati smashers it will give us a chance to see how we stack up against others. So right now I'm going, Luke aka the Kirby/ROB player, Chris ROB/Lucas player want to go. I've asked Lvl_0, hes one of the snake players and I'm waiting for him to respond. I would really like Paladin, Tactical, Rowan, and of course you Hilt. Jiano looks like he is done with brawl for now so I doubt he wants to go. I think this will help bring our Louisville community closer together and this will also give us some outside experience. So go on and ask Tactical if he would like to go and Rowan if you see him there.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
okay, first of all, the placements.

1. Tactical
2. Paladin
3. Hilt
4. calic
5. Nolan

so tactical won again lol...small turnout this time around. An even sixteen people, so at least there were no by's. The tournament is still on for next week and the weekend after that. The judge didnt say anything about any tournaments in the future being cancelled so i think we'll be good for awhile.

However, I'm going to be on vacation the next two weekends, so I wont be able to update the thread for placements... so if someone else could do that, I'd appreciate it, since I'd kinda like to know how the tournaments go. (I know paladin wont be making it next time either >.>)

oh yeah. We've started recording the matches of the tournament now. We still need to buy the equipment to convert it, so it may be a little bit before the videos are uploaded. I'll probably put links to the finals of the tournaments in this thread whenever i get it converted, like tactical's fights and pally's. but if anyone wants their videos message me and i'll be sure to send them to you.

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
yeah me&spec cant come often bcuz practice on saturdays is like 9pm to 1 and the tourny strts at 12 if im not mistaken. if it werent 4 time elapses we would be coming probably every saturday. but practice sucks.

Lol plz dont do kirby, hes so...........how should i put this..........yeah he has to many"suicidal thoughts". XD

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
oh yeah, taylor the stage list has been updated for the tournaments so the original post should prolly be updated. Yoshi's island is now a neutral stage. Stadium 2, Pirate Ship, and Weegees mansion are now legal for counterpick. Also, hannenbow was finally taken out

wangston

Smash Lord
Updated and good to go. So how is the first stage decided we would roll a 6 sided die but now there are 3 stages.

I wish Josh would run the tourney with the SBR rules or something close to it, because once you go to another tournament it's going to be different and you won't be used to it. The biggest difference being that lame starting character rule, it makes it sort of like a double blind pick but not really. I think he should let us use who ever when ever. Also the stage list should be updated because what if you go to another tournament and some one counter picks a stage you've never played on you're going to be out of luck. I also think he should do stage strike system for the first stage because that is becoming the standard or what SBR recommends. But my biggest gripe is that there isn't a bracket and how he does the winners finals. The loser of the winners finals is guaranteed 3rd place in a double elimination bracket because after they lose they are sent straight to the losers finals and who ever wins that is sent to the grand finals.

incase you haven't seen the rules here they are http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735

wangston

Smash Lord
Also in the rules you can do any infinites as long as you stop around 300% because after a while you are just stalling. Stalling is banned and will get you DQ

What infinite are you talking about in delphino? If it's against a wall it doesn't matter because the level changes frequently and it's going to stop you before 300% . Though if I were a TO I would make it at 100% you have to stop. The TO doesn't have to follow every rule on there to a T but it will help the smash community there to play with the most widely accepted rules.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Hey hey, I'd be down for any type of travelling. I never have to work on the weekends.

Also I have a minivan, so people could load in it if you wanted.

If only I was better at this stupid game.

Lol, also, I was the only one to take a game off of tac at the most recent tourny. You guys are scrubs.

Where are the videos? I want to see all the terrible things I did wrong, so I can stop.

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
the videos wont be posted till Hilt gets an adapter to record those tapes on the computer. anyway i'll manage to go next Sat. this time i'll have show everything i've got! i cant loose to tactical anymore! i lose to him twice now.:mad: i hope we have a big tourney next Sat. i need some money for car insurance.

clowsui

Smash Legend
So let's hype this up.

Ready?

Cincinnati will **** your ****z in crew battles. Try and prove me wrong.

Feat. Kel, QUIVO, alphaZealot, we've basically got three people to take 70% of your stock.

The other members are just clean-up crew.

Smile for the ****, kids =)

CR4SH

Smash Lord
So let's hype this up.

Ready?

Cincinnati will **** your ****z in crew battles. Try and prove me wrong.

Feat. Kel, QUIVO, alphaZealot, we've basically got three people to take 70% of your stock.

The other members are just clean-up crew.

Smile for the ****, kids =)
=( I'm gonna lose bad.

QUIVO

Smash Master
How big will crews be?

We could have like... me, kel, sliq, smash64, infern, dr x as a solid crew. OS is technically northern kentucky and AZ is technically maryland/columbus. I'm technically columbus too, but grew up in cincy.

wangston

Smash Lord
How big will crews be?

We could have like... me, kel, sliq, smash64, infern, dr x as a solid crew. OS is technically northern kentucky and AZ is technically maryland/columbus. I'm technically columbus too, but grew up in cincy.
We haven't really made any official crew yet but it everyone goes it will be me, tactical, h-hilt, paladin, Lvl. 0, I'mthinkarby's, Rowan, Mushpie, and Cr4sh. I'm not sure who all is going yet but I know I'm for sure going. I'm ranked 8th in utah you don't want to mess with me :laugh:

Cr4shs if everyone goes I might need you to drive also. My van holds 8.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Nine Cincy people

QUIVO, kel, sliq, smash64, infern, dr x, earthhero, ybm, clowsui

YAY I MADE IT ONTO CREWS

if you don't bring nine i'm going to be SAD ;_;

wangston

Smash Lord
I talked to him the other day. Things are going good for him at Tulane. Though he says there isn't much of a smash scene there. I was talking with him about Mother 3 now that the patch is out and we both agree it's one of the best games ever. I feel bad for him though because there isn't much of a smash scene there. Here in Utah there is rather large scene and it's so much fun because everyone is really good. I'm ranked 8th in state for Brawl if anyone cares :D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I talked to him the other day. Things are going good for him at Tulane. Though he says there isn't much of a smash scene there. I was talking with him about Mother 3 now that the patch is out and we both agree it's one of the best games ever. I feel bad for him though because there isn't much of a smash scene there. Here in Utah there is rather large scene and it's so much fun because everyone is really good. I'm ranked 8th in state for Brawl if anyone cares :D
yeah, i havent gotten around to playing mother 3 yet, though i also heard from JKip or someone that it's awesome. didnt know they're already ranking people in brawl so soon. that's awesome though, I always hated facing your falco back when you were still here (you're actually why i picked up lucario lol). Although I kinda want to see you face light in a ditto match! Dont think he had come before you left and he actually has a really good falco (the G&W you lost to a long time ago couldnt beat him.)

And to crash and everyone that wants videos....to be honest, it's gonna be a couple weeks. I'm leaving for florida tomorrow so i'll have to wait until i get back in early november...but i'll get them up as soon as i get back.

wangston

Smash Lord
Light was there one of the times we went. We played in some dittos I would say we were pretty even. But I think I've gotten so much better, seriously everyone here is extremely good I would say that they are on Jiano and Rowans level of brawl (i can't say that for Jiano's melee level) Also you should tell Jkip that a sonic player is 2nd and state here, __X__'s sonic is so freaking amazing so he needs to keep on playing sonic because he has potential. My friend Kenneth that I play with here uses Snake and Olimar. His olimar is really really good, he is so hard to beat. He always does this sick combo on mid weight to heavy characters at 0%, he grabs, down throw, up smash, into an Uair or Fair depending on which way you DI, that combo is so sick it does %50+ damage. Also if you stay in one place with olimar he is so hard to approach because his grab range and how long it last, it is so sick you can't even spot dodge it, he always does a pivot grab towards me it's so much faster and has a longer reach. If you played like his olimar I might cry, it's really really good.

Lucario??? Boooo, you should have picked up Captain Falcon. I've picked him up as my alt, and he is really fun to use even though it's obvious to me that he is horrible, so many people can "combo" and gimp him so easily. But I have to play around that and avoid those kind of things. Not to mention no one knows how to fight a good captain falcon. hehe thats how I won a game of of rowan. I should have some vidoes of my recent tournament by next week or a little later after that and I will show you some of the new things I've picked up sense I've gotten to utah.

Kel

Smash Master
I want to go to one of these tournaments, but I always work or have things to do :(. It's too bad fall is such a busy time of year for me.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
talked to tactical earlier and told him about cincy. he said he's good for it as long as it doesnt conflict with his school (which considering it's on a weekend...it shouldnt). We still need to hear from Rowan though....

also, if crash DOES drive, we should invite JKip. I'm sure he'd be interested in seeing Kel's sonic. Same for World (asian guy that plays ness), considering smash64 will be there

wangston

Smash Lord
Yeah the asian guy is Anderson he is one of my favorite people. Yeah if crash can drive he can add some more people and then split the people in the vans so it's not as crowded.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Kel doesn't play Sonic anymore, sorry..

He plays the Pikamouse though. And Peach, Marth, Snake if he feels like it. He plays a lot of MK in tourney.

Actually I have a feeling he's going to switch to another character soon....

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
again, i wont be making it to the next two tournaments, so if someone(like crash or pally) could send me the top 8, i'd appreciate it. I sent the last top 8 to the character ranking thread, and plan to do the same from now on

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
so…how was it? paladin told me that he got second and tactical won, but that was about it. oh and apparently rowan was there! so I'm kinda interested in how he did. and he said the turnout was small. like...fourteen people I think...

florida… there's barely even a smash scene at all down here! everythings so unorganized. so I guess I'll have to wait until I get back before I get the chance to play

Top Bottom