• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for ONE person in social Melee (Tampa, Fl.)

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
So yeah.

i'm not a tournament go'er, the whole scene reeks of coplete *** and the players are pompus and really full of themselves.

What I really am looking for is just one person to be the fouth person in my friends Melee nights.

No 1v1 crap, is a free for all.

We have been playing with just three people for a long time and we can't seem to find a good solid fourth player.

If you live in the Tampa area and don't mind driving to aroud Waters and Dale Mabry say something in this thread.

We get together usually once a week or once every two weeks or something.

A 4th person would make the game that much more fun.

Well, let's see how this goes. lol

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
No one in Tampa Bay plays Melee anymore?

Have all the smash players really moved onto Brawl?

bleh.

~

I mean, Brawl isn't out of the question it is a better game if there are four people to play it...but still.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Everyone in Tampa who plays Melee plays COMPETITIVELY. That means FOX ONLY, NO ITEMS, FINAL D ONLY.

This is smashboards. If you want to play with "scrubs" (no offense, but that's what you're doing), then go ask your nextdoor neighbor to play with you.

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
Oh please.

Get over yerselves.

You mean I can't post here to see if there's anyone around town that just wants to have fun? lol

Give me a break. lol

OverLade

Smash Hero
Well you did call everyone out by saying the tournament scene reeks of arrogant and pompus blockheads.

That's basically everyone on this forum....so you can't expect a warm welcome, though I would've been happy to show up if I could. Playing with items in melee is so much better than in brawl....

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
Not everyone on these forums.

and I only spoke the truth about the tourny scene. Truth hurts?

Not looking for competitive play, looking for a more fun experience where people don't care about who is better then who in 1v1s and just plays the game to have fun.

That's how God intended it to be.

OverLade

Smash Hero

Not looking for competitive play, looking for a more fun experience where people don't care about who is better then who in 1v1s and just plays the game to have fun.

Mabye they talk down on you because you act like a scrub. :laugh:

And mabye some people have fun when trying to win. GAMES are designed for people to compete against each other. The Olympic games, people wanted to win. BOARD GAMES, people are trying to win, and super smash bros. is a game in which people have fun TRYING TO WIN.

So God/Sakurai made a game in which people compete against each other, your point isn't valid. The reality, you can only get satisfaction out of winning with no items. So don't say "not intended" or w/e because that's irrelevant.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion

Hey...you seem a little upset that you can't beat people without items...

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
I don't see what the big deal is. If you don't have anything to contribute to this thread then why bother posting?

How do you know I can or can't beat people using items? Have I ever said how good I was?

I just posted on the most broad forums associated with smash to find one more person to complete the multiplayer aspect.

If you all want to be ***** that's fine. I don't care, I don't know you, and I don't give a **** what you say about me on yer private forums and conversations. You all just seem like young snotty brats who need their moms permission to do anything.

Games were meant to have fun. If the only way you can have fun playing a game is by beating people, by proving yer worth in the smash community, get a life.

Let's hear it. I know you all have plenty of awesome witty remarks. They are ALL so clever. I cry myself to sleep with online insult. Please stop it...

Please.

~

Anyways, thread's still open for anyone who is mature enough to respond accordingly.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
yo, i'm down to play wit u dudez

can we do pokemon master matches tho??????

you can only use pokeballs to fight (NO attacks don't evevn throw the balls at people onlyl \/... and don't do that fox reflector stuff to steal people's hard-earned pokemans.... that's CHEAP!!! oh and don't air catch or w/e either.... and none of that wave glide stufff... :grrr:)

THIS IS GONNA BE A BLAST DUDdddde!1

***edit: IT IS OKAY TO USE FALCOs reflektOr tho... he's too pro (so glad i mainzz him yeaaaaaaaaaa)

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I don't see what the big deal is. If you don't have anything to contribute to this thread then why bother posting?

How do you know I can or can't beat people using items? Have I ever said how good I was?

I just posted on the most broad forums associated with smash to find one more person to complete the multiplayer aspect.

If you all want to be ***** that's fine. I don't care, I don't know you, and I don't give a **** what you say about me on yer private forums and conversations. You all just seem like young snotty brats who need their moms permission to do anything.

Games were meant to have fun. If the only way you can have fun playing a game is by beating people, by proving yer worth in the smash community, get a life.

Let's hear it. I know you all have plenty of awesome witty remarks. They are ALL so clever. I cry myself to sleep with online insult. Please stop it...

Please.

~

Anyways, thread's still open for anyone who is mature enough to respond accordingly.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have no problem with how you play or what you're doing with this thread...I was just pointing out that everyone has a different definition of "fun," and for some people its "fun" to compete and try to improve!!!

>_<

:colorful:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Aight.

@Everyone: stop trollin the guy. Seriously.

@Scarface: yeah, you have to realize what you're asking for, on this forum, is a little far-fetched. Granted you could argue what the forum was created for all day long, the fact of the matter is that it's currently built around tournament standard competitive play, which is 1v1 (or 2v2), no items. You're entitled to ask (which you are), and you're entitled to note be trolled for it (good luck), but honestly, you're results so far should be expected

__

@Everybody trying to make an item arguement:

-loads the gun-
Rant time.

F**king *******, wackass community. Holy ****. I mean seriously. Yeah, items are pretty bad, but some of you guys dont really have a grasp of the concept of competitive vs "playing for fun". The truth of it is THERE IS NO F**KING DIFFERENCE. You know it's true. You could be the best **** fox ever, waveshining the everlasting crap out of anything that moves, but if you just sit on your block beating your lil brother and his 2 friends day in and day out, you're just playing for fun. Doesnt matter that you could actually go take on the likes of shiz, mango, m2k, and every big name out there, you're in it for fun.

On the inverse, somebody like scarface here obviously wants to win. Granted, he doesnt like playing with the "established" rules, he still wants to get a group of people, play a game, and win. Last I checked, that's pretty much the **** definition of competition

You dont like how he does it. That's fine. Nobody can fault you guys for having an opinion (I mean, I cant sit here and act like I agree with how he's doing it either), but just let the man go about his business.

But real talk, you cant even make the arguement about probabilty of items or anything. I mean hell, Most of you guys in here bashing him play brawl.

NEWS FLASH, BRAWL HAS THE MOST BUILT-IN PROBABILITY OF ANY FIGHTING GAME PLAYED IN TOURNEY TO DATE
And the sweet irony of it is melee is a 2nd, with every other fighting game placing far away.

So yeah, you can argue that items are dumb and random all you want (I do the same thing myself), but I hope you atleast realize that SMASH IS STILL RANDOM AS HELL.

Smash = The Poker of fighting games.
[/rant]

And with that being said, time to go scrub people in some FFAs at a card shop. >: )

OverLade

Smash Hero
I dont even mind playing with Items, especially in melee, but this guy's approach to this thread was HORRIBLE.

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
Why is everyone bringing up the whole items thing so much?

Items have nothing to do with how I play.

I can play with or without items. Since there are four people playing, the more crap going on on the screen makes it that much more entertaining. The fact is, we usually have items on sans a couple. We also play with most the stages on as well.

If you don't play Melee anymore or don't like playing in matches other then 1v1s then this isn't yer cup of tea. So, why are you still opening this thread and checking on peoples responses if you obviously have no intentions of wanting to meet up?

Simply put...

If you want to meet up and be our fourth member, please by all means send me a PM and we can set something up.

If not, then don't assume anything other then this guy (me) is just looking for another smash player (because Oh, I COULD find someone who plays smash and they would be leagues below me and my friends level) to complete the circle and to have fun and possibly make a new friend.

Cause that's all I am asking for.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I dunno Dogy. Are you saying the smash series is the most random of ALL fighting games? Cause I remember a few casual games that are pretty **** random, but if we are talking about competitive tourney rules for all the tourney played fighting games, ST has some random **** put in that cannot just be turned off.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Hahaha I can see 1 of the Tampa melee players like dagai, lamugi, or polmex going to play with this guy and winning all 50 ffa's they do the whole night then getting banned from smash night.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Hahaha I can see 1 of the Tampa melee players like dagai, lamugi, or polmex going to play with this guy and winning all 50 ffa's they do the whole night then getting banned from smash night.
I bet if once dagai, lamugi, or polmex do play, the 3 peeps will ***** and moan when they get edgehogged.

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
Le Sigh

Once again you are assume things about someone you don't even know.

Noel isn't that good.

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
I guess I did not realize the smash community was this childish.

Who would have figured that someone sending out an open invitation would get criticized for wanting to play with another person who enjoys the game.

"Oh, the humanity! How dare he do such a heinous act on our special forums. what a disgrace he is to want to play with items in a FFA. i can't believe he plays on non sanctioned tournament stages! i bet he even randoms when he plays.

What a scrub, what a n00b."

~

Still waiting for a real response to this thread.

Top Bottom