• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for all samus to friendly

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
I was just telling you the thing ive noticed there are a couple samus tactics im currently working on myself i was trying to use my sh up air on you today that seems to set stuff up nicely think ill keep that xD.

Aran

Smash Apprentice
I used to save my charge shot a lot, but I've realized it lands a lot more often at lower percentages, because opponents don't expect it at 50% as much as if they're at... say, 130%. And in all honesty, if you can tack on an extra 26% dmg earlier on, you'll probably kill them sooner with a weaker charged shot when they get into KO range than if you saved that one shot just for the KO power.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
i never said you had to save it for the kill i agree with your logic Aran I told Dryn he uses it at obvious times after he gets a charge shot he wont approach just missle cancel i caught on to this way to quickly.Im saying you should play how you normally would and just shoot it out of no where at the right time like when they try to smash you and your out of range something like that will be a very good time to shoot them.Also this is a great pressure game you can use to make people play differently than they normally would.You should learn to use tactics like this to your advantage I do anyways but maybe thats just me.xD

Aran

Smash Apprentice
Is my lag just unacceptably bad? I don't understand how you guys manage to pull off moves in those conditions :/. I just got ***** hardcore, and a lot of my suicides were unnecessary.

On an unrelated note, Chaos, how did you manage to pull off such a low ledgehopped z-air? It hit below my knees!

EDIT: Oh, and GG chaos. Very impressive Samus. I think I MAY have done better offline, but no taking away from the fact that you have a fluid style.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, I think I have improved a bit against you, KingChaos. Our match on Smashville should've been mine. ;) Sadly, when I went down after you, I was footstooled or something happened, and I lost my second jump because of that. Happily, I d-aired you, so I was very happy! Hehe. One thing, though, KingChaos. We need to go to other stages besides Battlefield and Final Destination. I don't care if you choose Delfino Plaza. I don't go there at all, but today was the second time when I brawled with you, we went there again. We should choose some other stages, though. Other than that, I am very happy about myself right now.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
ok great next time we catch each other online we will fight xD.Also thank you Aran yea ggs guess im just used to lags but they still hinder some of my capabilities.Also Rohins taught me how to zair through the ledge like that ask him im not sure how to explain it.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
We should totally have a samus chat room (like how lucario has one).
Yeah... I need to fight local samus mainers, the lag I get right now is ridiculous. I've been chillin in the AllisBrawl chat room but not many people from my area are on there and if they are, they certainly don't main Samus(lolMK+GnW).

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Really we should have a samus chat would make this a lot easier.Why does Lucario have a chat and no other characters do?

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
yes lag was an issue in our matches and glad to teach a fellow Samus a thing or two.

actmasterkings

Smash Cadet
wi fi

ill play you my code is 2234 6892 8784 i play on the weekends friday around 7 or 8. just ms me please.

XKarasuX

Smash Rookie
Hello I am Karasu I main Samus and Zss

anyways barely anyone knows me lol Except Rohins ! I go to the tourneys Rohins goes too!

anyways.... uuuh i am going to challenge King Chaos

Samus ftw!!! :)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Hello I am Karasu I main Samus and Zss

anyways barely anyone knows me lol Except Rohins ! I go to the tourneys Rohins goes too!

anyways.... uuuh i am going to challenge King Chaos

Samus ftw!!! :)
I'll brawl with you if you're still on.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Thanx man hmm you are one of the best ive played on SWF so far btw. If we had better connection im sure you would play better I could tell it was hurting you more than me.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Thanx man hmm you are one of the best ive played on SWF so far btw. If we had better connection im sure you would play better I could tell it was hurting you more than me.
thanks for the compliment. You should have heard me yelling at the game... "when I press the button you do the **** move!"

I may be getting a better connection come january, if my ISP decides to stop being stupid.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
lol. i play samus

but i don't really want to play other samus players that much >.> i mean it's just the same stuff adlgakhsg

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Lmao people get so happy to beat me once personally I would not feel any accomplishment in beating someone once in like 15 or more matches and yes Cyner you did win one at lylat im bad at that stage with samus I really need to practice there.I need to stop trying to do ledge stuff at that stage always sd doing it...ALWAYS LOL.So far looks like no one has been able to match me I have about 4 or 5 more that told me they wanna play so Im gonna see what they can do.But still everyone ggs so far.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Lmao people get so happy to beat me once personally I would not feel any accomplishment in beating someone once in like 15 or more matches and yes Cyner you did win one at lylat im bad at that stage with samus I really need to practice there.I need to stop trying to do ledge stuff at that stage always sd doing it...ALWAYS LOL.So far looks like no one has been able to match me I have about 4 or 5 more that told me they wanna play so Im gonna see what they can do.But still everyone ggs so far.
I really feel like I could have done a lot better if not for the lag. I know it was felt on both sides, but I'm sure you noticed all the times you were off the stage and I just shoulder rushed the edge, that was supposed to be a drop off and dair. Or all the times I would crouch and do nothing, that was supposed to be a down tilt. All the full hops to nothing, were supposed to be a short hop to zair.

So i'm just gonna take my one win and be happy :chuckle:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, KingChaos, people who are able to beat you at least once should be happy, right? I mean, it's better than not beating you at all. I still don't understand what it is that people do to get so skillful like that. I came across someone who played as Captain Falcon. I won only three matches. I should have won more. This person strangely enough was able to attack me and increase my damage percent faster than I was able to do his. It made me think that perhaps the SBR has Captain Falcon all wrong. Lack of priority? Tell that to the Falcon who used his f-smash and stopped my fully charged Charge Shot. A hack? Maybe. I just don't understand how people can go in and use so many attacks that when it's his or her opponent's turn to attack, it's all shielded or dodged.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Well, KingChaos, people who are able to beat you at least once should be happy, right? I mean, it's better than not beating you at all. I still don't understand what it is that people do to get so skillful like that. I came across someone who played as Captain Falcon. I won only three matches. I should have won more. This person strangely enough was able to attack me and increase my damage percent faster than I was able to do his. It made me think that perhaps the SBR has Captain Falcon all wrong. Lack of priority? Tell that to the Falcon who used his f-smash and stopped my fully charged Charge Shot. A hack? Maybe. I just don't understand how people can go in and use so many attacks that when it's his or her opponent's turn to attack, it's all shielded or dodged.

It's timing, prediction, and priority.

timing your attacks correctly so that they string together for a "combo". Even purposely delaying an attack so that your opponent dodges and after the dodge you lay into them.

predicting where and what your opponent will do. will he roll/dodge/shield? what's best to use, a close attack, a ranged attack, or a grab. Mix up your moves all the time so they don't know what to expect.

priority is understanding what move will cancel out the other. Samus' jabs are very low priority so it's best only to use them when the opponent is mid-high damage. otherwise they will be blocked or out prioritized. When I play Link his jab can cancel out some other people's smash attacks. only playing a wide variety of people will help you learn this well.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
yea I guess so Dryn but some people go all crazy after beating me once its cool to be proud but ive fought a couple kids that thought they were so beastly for beating me once even though I litrally won the other 30 matches. lol Also Cyner just in case you forgot or something I did post to you saying I could tell the lag affected you more than me I know you would probly do at least a little better than you were.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
welcome to brawl

Top Bottom