• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for all samus to friendly

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
ok kown and ggs MRS1 I <3 Samus and serris we still gonna play soon? whats your wii tag?

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Ggs serris your "spacing" game is superb but you reeeeeaaaalllllllly need to work on killing none of your set ups lead to kills. I shouldn't be living to 200+ % so often.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Have you added me, KingChaos? I don't care that Wi-Fi proves nothing. I just need to add you to my Samus ditto list.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Speaking of that list, Dryn, I registered on All is Brawl recently. Might want to update that. :p

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
ggs Dryn im tired now thou we will play more later.what do you think of my samus so far?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
ggs Dryn im tired now thou we will play more later.what do you think of my samus so far?
What do I think of your Samus? I'm thinking more about my Samus than anyone elses. I went to bed in a bad mood for losing against you, and then for some strange reason, you two-stock me in our last two matches before you left. I'm still in a bad mood. So far, I haven't been able to beat anyone elses Samus. Xyro, Serris, you. I just don't know what's up. You linked all your attacks together and then here I am doing the same old stuff that gets me punished. I guess I won't fight with anyone who has the word "king" in his name. Apparently, I get my butt handed to me when I do.

And sorry to sound like an ***, but please don't flatter me by telling me, "GGs." People like to say that a lot, and it's really nothing to me more than a mantra that has been made up to make the loser feel better. I've said it before to others who have lost. I might be taking this game far too seriously, but Brawl is the only game that I have ever taken seriously. I just don't know how you guys do it. I don't know what it is that you guys have that I don't have. Yes, I am a sore loser. Yes, I am very, very competitive at this game. I'm just tired of being beaten all the time.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
oh sorry man i was just trying to be a good sport but ok. and you cant beat Serris? you beat me once and Serris didn't win any against me and we played more than me and you did.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
OK so what other samus' want to play? send me a pm and/or post on this forum if you wanna play some dittos.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
For the record, you didn't beat me that badly. I got you down to your last stock on more than one occasion.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
You weren't terrible, but you need some work. Try short-hopping homing missiles and z-airs more often.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
You weren't terrible, but you need some work. Try short-hopping homing missiles and z-airs more often.
I would have been short hopping all day long, but lag was having me full hop and kick twice when I only wanted to kick once,etc, etc. Not sure how much lag you were or weren't getting though.

also lol@sonic I self destructed....

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
oh just so ya know that wasnt me playing. Let me say this now so I can say this to everyone else. If you play Shugo under my wii tag KC-S thats my brother.My in game gamertag is KingC so you guys know.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
oh just so ya know that wasnt me playing. Let me say this now so I can say this to everyone else. If you play Shugo under my wii tag KC-S thats my brother.My in game gamertag is KingC so you guys know.
I met your brother. Apparently Ike has something on Samus. I was two-stocked. I'm not even going to make up any excuses.

Gosh, I don't know how you guys excel in this game. I am always lacking. I see everyone else, and they have way, way, way better skill that I do. It's not helping my self-esteem at all. I am still in a terrible mood.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Play more varied opponents. Best way to do that is Wi-Fi.

I'm being serious.

If you get rudimentary match-up experience via Wi-Fi, it gives you a basic understanding of you and your opponent's characters and opens up ways to work around them. Then you can take the new tactics you learn from one match-up and put them to use in another. Sure, you get mixed results, but that's what experimenting's all about.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Play more varied opponents. Best way to do that is Wi-Fi.

I'm being serious.

If you get rudimentary match-up experience via Wi-Fi, it gives you a basic understanding of you and your opponent's characters and opens up ways to work around them. Then you can take the new tactics you learn from one match-up and put them to use in another. Sure, you get mixed results, but that's what experimenting's all about.
I play Wi-Fi. :(

And tomorrow will be my first online tournament. My first opponent is DanGR. :psycho: How fun to go against an Olimar mainer! Or, he might play as Pikachu. :ohwell:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
hmm well idk what to say Dryn.hmm can anyone ditto me right now?
I apologize, KingChaos. I should be happy for you, and I should be happy to brawl with an excellent Samus mainer like you. In all of this, I am at least getting better if I brawl with people tougher than me.

As for my first online match, it was 3-2. DanGR plays pretty good. I'm just happy that I won. I thought I would have lost because of his Olimar. So I'm moving up in the tourney. :)

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
OH CONGRATS man nice job olimar is tough for samus I have probs with them as samus.Also thank you for the comment and no need to apologize but thanx anyways. xD

kown

Smash Lord
i got my **** rocked by king chaos. i used mario failed. than wolf failed. than spamus failed. yea no good come to texas so i can show u my angel.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I GOT MY **** ROCKED MY KING CHAOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i used mario failed. than wolf failed. than samus failed. yea no good come to texas so i can show u my angel.
Hang around with KingChaos, and you'll get better. In his comment box, he had it say, "Warning: Pros only," or something like that. When I brawled with him, he sure was right! I still think my Samus is good, but I know I can improve. A lot of people have said good things about my Samus. :)

kown

Smash Lord
KC's samus is legit. but she doesnt feel right when i play with samus. it feels unnatural i suppose. but yes i learned alot from samus playing against you...my pit has learned much more about the samus match up....which is always good.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Gosh, I don't know how you guys excel in this game. I am always lacking. I see everyone else, and they have way, way, way better skill that I do. It's not helping my self-esteem at all. I am still in a terrible mood.
If you want to improve, keep playing people that are better than you. Look for what mistakes you are making or what they are doing better. That's the purpose of practicing. It's much better to get owned a ton in friendlies than to just get wrecked in tournament.

Also, if you can record your matches that should help a lot too. You can then see what is going on from an outside perspective. That might help you overcome your plateau.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
my problem online so far is linked to my ridiculous amounts of lag. My ISP is just crap so I can't even attack or jump correctly. I have to press B 2 or 3 times to get samus to activate the charge, then if I press it once too many she shoots it away... I want to get better, but with no one in the area and supreme lag, it seems pointless.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
If you want to improve, keep playing people that are better than you. Look for what mistakes you are making or what they are doing better. That's the purpose of practicing. It's much better to get owned a ton in friendlies than to just get wrecked in tournament.

Also, if you can record your matches that should help a lot too. You can then see what is going on from an outside perspective. That might help you overcome your plateau.
Rohins speaks the truth just doing these simple steps helped me improve greatly. Also if get chance to go to tourney take it. There will be better players there and you can hopefully get friendlies in or pick up something by watching others play.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
LMAO kown well glad you learned something the only samus ive played and learned from has been Rohins thanx man xD. Also Dryn what Rohins says about getting out of your plateau is very true you should save what ever replays you can get of yourself playing and watch for your mistakes etc.Helped me when I had your problem Dryn the plateau effect can be depressing BUT ITS KEY THAT YOU DONT GIVE UP.Seriously though you will improve just have to work for it.Samus as a character imo takes more time to be very skillful with than just about any other character when you own with her you just feel amazing I do anyways :D.btw if you have yet to ditto with me and want to let me know through pm,post on here and/or aim me its xxKingChaosxx.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
LMAO kown well glad you learned something the only samus ive played and learned from has been Rohins thanx man xD. Also Dryn what Rohins says about getting out of your plateau is very true you should save what ever replays you can get of yourself playing and watch for your mistakes etc.Helped me when I had your problem Dryn the plateau effect can be depressing BUT ITS KEY THAT YOU DONT GIVE UP.Seriously though you will improve just have to work for it.Samus as a character imo takes more time to be very skillful with than just about any other character when you own with her you just feel amazing I do anyways :D.btw if you have yet to ditto with me and want to let me know through pm,post on here and/or aim me its xxKingChaosxx.
I was two-stocked every match. :( It's like you have way better reaction time than I do. I'm always trying my hardest in our matches. It seems like I did better last time, because I'd be able to get you down to one stock. You know everything I am going to do, like when I use the Screw Attack, you're already air-dodging, which, for me, makes me think that the Screw Attack is now useless and that I'm better off using u-air. You're always using d-air on me, and I don't know how you land that so much. Then, you used your Screw Attack on me countless times and I'm thinking, "What's up? If I use my Screw Attack, I miss." So yeah.

Oh, and I have had SSBB since the day it was released in America. I've been using Samus ever since. Make me better! And you're not the only person, KingChaos. I brawled with this Ness mainer named Earthbound360. He goes here at SWF. I'd always get his Ness down to one stock, and then I'd lose. There was this one time where I had won the match for my first time and I was so happy! I felt like celebrating! :)

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
lol Dryn the skrew atk is good trust me keep it its just I do know what your going to do when you try it offensively since I both use it a lot and have had it done to me.If you havent noticed im very very experienced in both fighting as Samus and against Samus. Im actually not very good at fighting samus unless I am Samus.But dont get me wrong I can fight other characters as Samus just fine as well.There is one thing I noticed though you need to work on.Thats the fact you use your charge shot at completely obvious times Ive learned to hold it til the time is right try working on that a bit. umm idk what else to tell you right now I will give you more feed back as it comes to me xD.I want to fight your bro some more btw he seems to be having the same probs as you except he uses Ness.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
lol Dryn the skrew atk is good trust me keep it its just I do know what your going to do when you try it offensively since I both use it a lot and have had it done to me.If you havent noticed im very very experienced in both fighting as Samus and against Samus. Im actually not very good at fighting samus unless I am Samus.But dont get me wrong I can fight other characters as Samus just fine as well.There is one thing I noticed though you need to work on.Thats the fact you use your charge shot at completely obvious times Ive learned to hold it til the time is right try working on that a bit. umm idk what else to tell you right now I will give you more feed back as it comes to me xD.I want to fight your bro some more btw he seems to be having the same probs as you except he uses Ness.
I think you're just very, very experience overall. I try to use my Charge Shot randomly. I held the idea that it's best to keep your Charge Shot until your opponent is at a good percent so you can KO him or her. Then I brawled with Xyro and saw that he'll just use it whenever the heck he wants and doesn't care if it stales.

There are a number of things I need to work on with Samus, and not just the Charge Shot.

Top Bottom