• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lone Star Circuit Event #3: Nexus!!!!!!!!!

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
2v2:
1. Gnes + PJ :metaknight: + :toonlink:
2. Sync + Trela :metaknight: + Lucario:
3. Magik + Shlike :Metaknight: :diddy: + :zerosuitsamus:
4. Derk + Leaf :gw: + :pikachu2:
5. Rei-Gun + Homer :metaknight: + :metaknight:
5. Darrien + Michael
7. Nathan + Alex
7. Juan + Rey
9. Ricardo + David
9. Omar + Victor
9. Zach + Jeremiah

1v1:
1. Gnes ($400) :diddy::metaknight: +45 points
2. Trela ($200) :lucario: +35 points
3. Shlike ($147) :zerosuitsamus: +25 points
4. Sync ($91) :metaknight::peach: +20 points
5. Shadow1PJ ($55) :toonlink::samus: +15 points
5. Jrugs ($55) :snake: +15 points
7. Magik ($27) :diddy::pt::metaknight: +10 points
7. Nacho ($27) :snake::metaknight: +10 points
9. Leaf :pikachu2: +7 points
9. Rei-Gun :marth: +7 points
9. Slush :yoshi2: +7 points
9. Derk :gw: +7 points
13. Zero :sonic: +5 points
13. Andilex :diddy: +5 points
13. JTD :gw: +5 points
13. Atemz :metaknight: +5 points
17. Boshi :yoshi2:
17. Darrien Reyas
17. Ray Cantu
17. Shamrock :ness:
17. Thomas
17. Pony Boy
17. Shugo :metaknight:
17. Omega :sonic:
25. Ash
25. Mike Pena
25. Jorge Rojo
25. Mikey :marth:
25. Graph :metaknight:
25. Durrango Villareal
25. Alex
25. Nightwolf
33. Vash
33. Beth
33. Alberto
33. Chag
33. Dom
33. Ralph
33. Nicholas CeLeon
33. Kyon-kun
33. Skyward

If anyone knows any characters, tell me, so I can fill it in.

Many many many thanks to everyone that came out to this! It was a lot of fun running and playing in this event :) Shoutouts later.

Tesh

Smash Hero
pot bonus
10bonuses

edit: rei gun u went all marth?

Reizilla

$500 pot bonus, Seagull.

I went MK for one game, but I lost anyway, Tesh.... lost worse, actually x)

Reizilla

From the kindness of my heart.

And donations from various events that Charro Punks has hosted throughout the year.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
omgggg my third/fourth place :'(

sync, jrugs, pj, shlike, and leaf

good ****

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Shoutouts later but for now.

I loved this tournament, The Sun ***** me on the way here and alot of Females cosplayed as White/Hilda (Pokemon).
NOTHING was good enough to buy, until around the end of the tournament I noticed a necklace Boshi had and I could've had one made for me that was Pink.

Reizilla

The dude making the bead necklaces is my homey. I can have him make you a pink yoshi and get it to you the next time I'm in SA, if you want. For $10 of course :p

Reizilla

People that played on the livestream and want their set up, let me, so I can make sure I don't miss anything. Although the internet was so bad it chopped up a few things :/

SHOUTOUTS!

Gnes - stop going to sleep so i can play you next time! :mad: but for real, thanks for coming to this and wrecking all of us x) we'll have to MM or something next time :)
Trela - Thanks for coming... and for destroying me in tourney T_T I'll do better next time we play for sure!
Shlike - You did great, man! Made me proud. We have to keep going to events so we can level up and represent the RGV!
Sync - Really fun MM! You're so much better than I was expecting! Hopefully we can play in tourney soon :p
Shadow1PJ - Didn't get to play you as much as I'd have liked. I still owe you a MM though. Hopefully at the next circuit event. Thanks so much for coming all the way down here! :)
Jrugs - Clutch last-minute carpool. Although you still should have brought Everis and Dphat >:/ Good job on 5th place! I owe you a MM too x)
Magik - Dude, start playing again! I know you can do a lot better if you start applying yourself again! RGV needs to start taking names!
Nacho - Why did you go Snake?! T_T Finally got your revenge from Brawlfest 6 xD If you show up to another tourney, we'll have to have a tie breaker set :]
Leaf - Leaf! Most dedicated traveler! Thanks for bringing everyone. Always great to hang with you. One of these days we'll meet up in tourney :p
Rei-Gun - Should be placing higher. Just have to prove it next time :)
Slush - Thanks for coming, man! Surprised that you beat Andilex. Good job on that!
Derk - Mah jerk! Thanks for bringing the crew! I think you could have definitely played better in our set though. We just gotta keep working and improving!
Zero - Thanks for coming! We almost played 3 tourneys in a row xD Maybe next time. I'd have MM'd you guys if I wasn't so stressed and busy practically the entire time :/
Andilex - Duuuuuude! Stop being rusty and lazy and come practice more!!!! At least start camping again >:/ You can play way better than this, man. Maybe if it wasn't an anime con with sexy cosplayers to go stalk :p
JTD - Good work, man! Glad you could make it out and thanks for housing Kingsville!
Atemz - Not bad at all for this being your first tourney! You should keep up with the stuff we're doing in the valley and try to come to more!
Boshi - Dude, what happened? :< You gotta get back to mean mothafknboshi!!!!!!!
Shamrock - Get a smashboards account!

Reizilla

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeyup. For two days. So was the dude that played the black ranger. I think he had a band playing or something...

Suspect

Smash Hero
Johnny bosch or the negro?! Should of put that info in the thread! Fugg y'all I woulda went

:phone:

Reizilla

I could've sworn I mentioned it at one point or another. At least when y'all were talking about Power Rangers... sorry :<

Sync.

Smash Champion
1. Gnes- Lol you saw Gaby's text message you know what happened. I feel like I get kinda close but I'm so far away. I know it's not my time yet, but I wanted it so badly. When I saw you went MK I knew it was done but I still gave it my all. Thanks for helping me like you always do. Playing you doubles made me come to a realization that although I did learn from you, that I'm making my own style of MK that will be mine to keep. I'll keep pushing forward to meet the rest of you guys up here!

2. Trela- My son, why are you so good?? Beating Keith in a set and well ****** in teams for me lol. I'm going to try as hard as I can to be the best partner to you possible. I'm going to do my research and not stop trying to perfect our team. I know we'll get really great chemistry really soon so I'm looking forward to our team getting even better!

3. Shlike- Shlike our sets were so good. I learned so much from our sets I couldn't believe it haha. You are such a good player and while I played you I could just see get better and better throughout the matches it was amazing. I'm new to doing kinda well so it's so much pressure but I think I'll get used to it. Thanks for always supporting me and believing I can do well it really does mean a lot to hear it from fellow players (great ones at that!) I hope you come to San Antonio so we can get some games in and chill [:

4. Shadow1PJ- Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeejay!!! Don't get your food peed on and keep getting better. I told you that you're great and you finally understand now you idiot. During our ride home we could have driven to San Antonio by the way hahaha. o laser man on the moon tho

5. Jrugs- Man good **** placing this high I was pleasantly surprised when I looked at loser's quarters and saw you there [: You've improved so much and you're such a smart player Jrugs! You've gotten so good at the MK matchup it really is incredible. Keep it up and you'll get closer and closer to your dream! (work on Diddy though :p)

7. Magik- I told Rei you were the most interesting RGV person at the tournament. You are so funny and you don't make a lot of sense but at the same time you do lol. Magik you're cool and it was nice meeting you and you have a **** Squirtle [:

9. Leaf- Good stuff placing 9th Leaf! I knew you could place high if he keep trying. Do more work, and train hard and this will be consistent I promise. We had this talk a long time ago when I mained Snake remember?? Try to keep up with me Mr. Leaf I'm passing you up!

9. Rei-Gun- I love you Rei. Thanks for the housing and the fun MM (wait till we play in tourney you'll see the ULTIMATE gay). But anyways... it was fun meeting you and you're such a chill guy and your parents are so chill too. Come to San Antonio so I can get revenge [:

9. Slush- Hey we didn't play for once! Slush please stay Slush you're so funny :D

13. Zero- Thanks for wanting an MK to win Mr. Zero I appreciate it a lot! Keep it up X-jr. lol

17. Boshi- You are a smart player with a lot of potential you honestly surprised me with decisions and punishes you made during our set. You'll get good just keep it up Mr. Boshi [:

17. Ray Cantu- Thanks for coming out man! It was fun playing in tournament and talking to you about smash. I hope you join the scene and see this lol.

25. Ash- Thanks for coming out to the tournament I hope my tips help you out next time you play MK [:

I had a lot of fun at this tournament and I'm happy with my placing and playing [: Thanks for anyone that cheered for me or helped me during the tournament! By the way, I played Peach in tournament, Gnes used MK on me on game 2 (he won), PJ JV 4'd someone with Samus put her next to his name PLEASE [: Ash used Pit and Ray Cantu used Zelda.

Edit: Please upload my sets from the livestream if you can Rei! I need to do my homework lol

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
1v1:
1. Gnes ($400) +45 points "ay yo lemme borrow a dollar"
"didnt you win money too?"
"Oh yea!" Thanks for teaming with me! We brought that broken arrow out hard in gfsl lool i did my homework and wrote down where i stay.
2. Trela ($200) +35 points We must have played like 10 times this weekend i was sooo close to beating you! Now i know how jerm feels lol.
3. Shlike the protecter of the water tribe. ($147) +25 points That moment after the tournament when you realize the person you lost to was the teaching you the mu at past tournaments. You ***** my **** hard game 1! That was a bair tho. I was extremely impressed by your zss and your def the best one in texas! I'LL WHOOP ON YOU AT sa THO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Sync ($91) +20 points DojO we lose zzs y? I'm really proud of you! We have our targets set so lets put in that super hard work and take over texas broken arrow!!!!
5. Shadow1PJ ($55) +15 points Learn your mus you bad tl y
5. Jrugs ($55) +15 points Did you enjoy my stories?
7. Magik ($27) +10 points Didn't talk much :,[ you got inuied hard tho backthrow read the jump shuttleoop game!
9. Leaf +7 points Thanks for the carpool! You have gotten extremely better you just need to make more reads and powershield better and not jump in the air at 140.
9. Rei-Gun +7 points Thank you sooo much for the housing was just like a bed and breakfast. You really impressed me rei beating sync is no easy feat but you managed to do it props!
9. Slush +7 points IO.M.G LOL I LOVE YOU
9. Derk +7 points poop
13. Andilex +5 points lol why did you remm tho?
17. Boshi chillest yoshi main tho

Gnes

Smash Master
I'll do shoutouts in a couple of hours. I used mk against magik game 2 on rainbow. Id like my vids vs trela/sync + dubs to be uploaded too.

:phone:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Gnes==Good job on winning. When I was watching I forgot that there was going to be a second set after the first one and I thought Trela won...

Trela==Good job on second, getting closer to the top.

Shlike==Thanks A LOT for getting pj trapped with me until 4 AM. I'm feeling more confident in that matchup now. Best ZSS, too bad we didn't play in tournament.

Sync==I wanted SO BADLY to play you saturday. You still owe me $2 from that money match!

Shadow1PJ==At least it wasn't olimar. You are banned from my car.

Jrugs==You really are smarter as a player than everyone else lets on. I just need to grab you and not drop it.

Magik==We should have got more friendlies. Squirtle 2gud

Leaf==THUNDERBADGE works at the wrong time.

Rei-Gun==Step it up Rei, you are really good. MM at San Antonio, btw

Slush==Dash grabs. :( That cost the match.

Derk==ggs and good teaming. If we could ever set it up, we might be unbeatable...

JTD==ggs to you too. Game&Watch toooooooo good.

Boshi==You are probably the most normal yoshi main ever.

shlike

Smash Ace
1. Gnes- Thanks for coming down :) Always fun playing you, I feel like I learn so much every time I play you. Also, I KEPT MY DIGNITY ON LYLAT. SUP

2. Trela- I finally got to play you in tourney! (and i got *****) I need to somehow take that first stock off first so I can win lol. You're chill as **** and a such a smart player. Glad I got to play you finally :)

3. Shlike- RGV in the top 3? WTFFFFFFF

4 Sync- SYYYYYNNNNNNNCCCC!!! The most fun/hype sets I've had ever man. I had so much fun playing you and its RIDICULOUS how good you've gotten in so little time. We're seeded on the same side of the bracket for circuit events so if we win our matches we get to play each other again haha. You are one of the coolest smashers I've met. I also need to stop getting shuttle looped gimped at 70 haha. I hate to think of how good you'll be next time I play you >.> but I'll give it my all next time we play just like I did this past weekend. I've said it like 9824983 times already, but you are the future of texas my boy

5- Shadow1PJ- PJTHO. Your tl is really really solid. Youre chill as ****, and we still need to do that drunken mm. I had fun playing you and I know you're just gonna keep getting better.

5. Jrugs- Never got to play you, but good stuff for doing so well and ty for coming down :) even though you didnt bring everis and dphat :(

7. Nacho- VICKEYBABE THE BEST! MAKING MONEY AFTER NOT GOING TO A TOURNEY IN A YEAR

7. Magik- We always have to play each other when ooc comes down and i hate it >.< I'm pretty sure you would've done as good as me, and I'm glad I got to see that PT again. We REAAALLLY need to work on dubs. I'm pretty sure we can get a lot better as long as we actually practice haha. DAT PT

9. Leaf- Glad i didnt play you in bracket haha. Pikachu makes me so angry >.> I definetely need to work on that MU. Thank you so much for bringing houston down and for being so dedicated. You made this tourney so hype and thank you for it :) DAT TAIL THO

9. Derk- WHY DO I ALWAYS PLAY YOU??????????? I don't get it :(( I know you're a good player and I know you're gonna break top 8 soon :) Ty for coming down :)

9. Rei-Gun- Frank the best housing and breakfast in the world! You are getting better and better. No more choke sauce tho!

9. Slush- YOU CAN BEAT METAKNIGHT JUST BELIEVE YOU CAN AND IT WILL HAPPEN

13. Zero- Sorry I didnt get to play you! I'll do my best to go to SA and we can play! Thanks for coming down :)

13. JTD- You've gotten so much better jake and I know you're gonna keep getting better and do better in tourney :) Your get togethers are keeping the scene alive

17. Boshi- BOSHI. BOSHI! BOSHI? Getting 17th this tourney is all a part of boshi's plan where he will knock out every good player at the circuit champion ships into losers therefore ****ing everything up and winning everything for himself. He will also steal everyones soul. BOSHI

Gnes

Smash Master
1. Gnes- LVL UP'd this tourney. Good job babycakes ^_^

2. Trela-Ever since that one Monster's Arcade tournament, I knew you would start being my biggest tourney threat and it looks like I was right. I never know if I'm gonna win against you these days, which makes our set's even better. Keep it up Prince Trela. Your helping me improve so much, and I hope I'm doing the same for you. Also, after you won the first set, I literally played so hard that I got sick after the tourney. Thanks to you I'm now ready for genesis. Lets go ****.

3. Shlike-It's so rare to see a player evolve mid match, but thats exactly what you did against Sync. It was amazing. Everytime I see you play it reminds me to why I believe your the best ZSS. Keep coming to the circuit events, I know you'll keep improving. And fun friendlies as usual, your the reason I'm undefeated vs ZSS. ^_^

4. Sync-Ty lee!!!! I knew you would could do it. Just got to follow through to the end next time. I'm starting to not want to play you in bracket, you use all the knowledge I've given you for EVIL!!!! You made me proud this weekend :). Keep it up and remember our talk. This is only the beginning .

5. Shadow1PJ-Good job in in teams foo. Brought back memories of me and jerm. You can be the best tink if you keep improving, so don't give up and dont let the losses keep you down. Losing is just as important as winning.

5. Jrugs-You and sync have some amazing talent. Just keep practicing and you'll see similar improvement to his. You can be an amazing snake. Keep it up.

7. Magik- Our set was fun, and your mk is patient, smart, and pretty hard to fight against. Also keep practicing that diddy, It has some promise ^_^.

9. Leaf- MY buddy!!!!! Thanks for driving us and showing mad perseverance in those 6 hrs to mcallen and back. Your too awesome. Also, you'll get pj next time ;)

9. Rei-Gun- REIIIIIIII!!!!! Thanks for the housing. I didn't know you were so good till I saw you play at the tourney. I hope you keep up the practice. You and nike are bringing back marth in texas. Also, your family is so nice and awesome, give them my thanks again. The breakfast was too good. Best housing I've ever had.

9. Slush-Good job getting 9th. I hope you start to get a more positive mindset. It'll benefit you alot more and you'll definitely see things start to change. You can be the best yoshi. Just gotta believe. :)

9. Derk-You and leaf were gay in teams lol. And fun friendlies, you should travel more.

13. Zero-What is my body, and how do I stop it?

17. Boshi-Fun friendlies Boshi, I hope I showed you some stuff in the mk/diddy matchups that will help you out.

Fun times everyone. I'm gonna try to rep Texas hard at Genesis and try my absolute best. We better see you at the San Antonio/Houston circuit events RGV.

FIRE NATION HAS WON THE BATTLE

Reizilla

SO. MUCH. FOOTAGE.

Hopefully I can get it all in the next couple of days.

/dead

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
Thank you all for coming down to Nexus. Overall dope event and it would not have been the same without the out-of-towners. Hope the event was as great for you all as it was for me. Up the punks!

Reizilla

Thank you all for coming down to Nexus. Overall dope event and it would not have been the same without the out-of-towners. Hope the event was as great for you all as it was for me. Up the punks!
Oh, yeah, in case you guys don't know, this is the guy that made everything possible yesterday. Got us the hookup with the con, made the game room awesome, got us that delicious pot bonus, everything :)

<3

For confirmation, I have a game on my wii of an MK against Gnes with a SOKKA tag. That's Magik, right?

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
You're all lucky I didn't go. Threat has been ensued.
Wish I would of went.
Shout out to one piece.
See y'all next circuit event.

Top Bottom