• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

VA

Smash Hero
I say these types of jokes all the time with asian friends, yet they dont get affected by it and give insults back :S

A lot of you guys are so up your own arses that you cant take jokes, and usually cry and moan e.g. Ben and VA

I'm not like this in real life because I know how to act in public and are mature, unlike a few of you guys. Most of the players at the expo respect the he hell out of me. They like me because I'm actually a down to earth guy, and have helped them progress with their skill in Brawl, yet quite a few of the expo players there hated the **** out of the our communities brawlers because they
were so rude and up their own arse about their skill, which also puts them off coming to tournaments, and growing and expanding this community.

This is video game forum, where tons of the players here are also like this. Chill the **** out and stop crying, if you
can't take the insults, go tell your mummy.

:phone:
Regardless of what you do on your own time and with your own friends, it doesn't equate to it being ok to writing things on a "video game forum" that constitutes offensive discrimination.

My response to this has nothing to do with being "up my own arse". I think that excusing this kind of statement as a joke is a tired and childish way of dressing up offensive language.

@Prof I simply do not condone discrimination. I think my attitude to this has actually changed recently and I think it is a confusing and difficult area. As Willz says, his friends don't mind it.

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of what you do on your own time and with your own friends, it doesn't equate to it being ok to writing things on a "video game forum" that constitutes offensive discrimination.

My response to this has nothing to do with being "up my own arse". I think that excusing this kind of statement as a joke is a tired and childish way of dressing up offensive language.

@Prof I simply do not condone discrimination. I think my attitude to this has actually changed recently and I think it is a confusing and difficult area. As Willz says, his friends don't mind it.
I find it funny that Hugo hasn't even responded, and probably realises it was a joke and not meant for it to be harsh, yet you and Ben jumped on me to tell me I'm wrong, rude blah blah blah...

Would you guys rather me act like this in person? Or act how I usually do when I go tourneys. The fact I ain't seen most of you guys since I was ****ing 15, you can **** off judging me.

Dujuan it honestly sounds to me like you're upset that I'm not a full-on troll irl. If I was, you wouldn't say **** anyway, like you didn't at my tourney. :S

Don't start saying "He's nice irl why you act like this :c", because most of you guys are exactly the same way.

Me and my crew have been threatened to get beat up and even killed (lol srs) coming to tournaments before. We go, then... nothing.

This is going to be my first tournament in London in over 18months, I'm excited to potentially be coming, and there's nothing wrong with getting some pre-tournament banter going. So STFU.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
To be honest when I saw Willz say it I wasn't really that shocked and didn't actually care LOL
Just because of the context I know he meant it in, it's all about context FOR ME PERSONALLY
I just found it funny the shocked reaction it got when black jokes get made on here all the time and get no where near the reaction LOL

EITHER WAY continous this in the London Thread since that's actually not being used and this one is for advertising the tournament

VA

Smash Hero
I find it funny that Hugo hasn't even responded, and probably realises it was a joke and not meant for it to be harsh, yet you and Ben jumped on me to tell me I'm wrong, rude blah blah blah...

Would you guys rather me act like this in person? Or act how I usually do when I go tourneys. The fact I ain't seen most of you guys since I was ****ing 15, you can **** off judging me.

Dujuan it honestly sounds to me like you're upset that I'm not a full-on troll irl. If I was, you wouldn't say **** anyway, like you didn't at my tourney. :S

Don't start saying "He's nice irl why you act like this :c", because most of you guys are exactly the same way.

Me and my crew have been threatened to get beat up and even killed (lol srs) coming to tournaments before. We go, then... nothing.

This is going to be my first tournament in London in over 18months, I'm excited to potentially be coming, and there's nothing wrong with getting some pre-tournament banter going. So STFU.
Does it not occur to you that he might not want to?

Regardless of how Hugo feels about it, I don't like it. I actually believe that you're nice enough in person, I don't have a personal thing against you. I have a personal issue with discriminatory language online as a "joke" or something funny.

But yo, it's already gone way too far anyway. I should have learnt by now to stay out of these things...

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Does it not occur to you that he might not want to?

Regardless of how Hugo feels about it, I don't like it. I actually believe that you're nice enough in person, I don't have a personal thing against you. I have a personal issue with discriminatory language online as a "joke" or something funny.

But yo, it's already gone way too far anyway. I should have learnt by now to stay out of these things...
^^^ Yep.

I haven't got beef with anyone and I don't dislike anyone in this community, so if Hugo or anyone has a problem with me saying or doing something that's not appropriate, take it up with me in person. Don't need no forum drama. :cool:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Wills be quiet and don't bring my name into it, what do you want me to say, "OH EM GEE Will Savage is such a troll in real life just like he is on the boards". No Coz you aint. Its got nothing to do with your lil joke, I was just saying.

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Don't get involved in **** that don't concern you then and I won't bring you into it.

I can say you're deluded in that you big yourself up on the boards so much, but you still suck and lose to the same players irl. Just sayin'.

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Cool, I love playing vs Samus

Which comment do you mean about 7 languages? can't remember any D: I speak 4 and a bit of Italian (just began this year)
Lol at the first sentence, I hope to change your mind about that.

I think I saw someone with the same tag as you on the live stream going on about speaking 7 languages, was pretty blitzed at the time so it don't really matter. Was about 2.30 in the morning GMT.

@AD

I dunno if armardas got enough beast mode left in the tank but all I know is its gonna be some super saiyan level 4 ****,

CANT ****ING WAIT

=p

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I say these types of jokes all the time with asian friends, yet they dont get affected by it and give insults back :S

A lot of you guys are so up your own arses that you cant take jokes, and usually cry and moan e.g. Ben and VA

I'm not like this in real life because I know how to act in public and are mature, unlike a few of you guys. Most of the players at the expo respect the he hell out of me. They like me because I'm actually a down to earth guy, and have helped them progress with their skill in Brawl, yet quite a few of the expo players there hated the **** out of the our communities brawlers because they
were so rude and up their own arse about their skill, which also puts them off coming to tournaments, and growing and expanding this community.

This is video game forum, where tons of the players here are also like this. Chill the **** out and stop crying, if you
can't take the insults, go tell your mummy.

racism is not joking, funny or acceptable at all, there is just no excuse for that so don't even be so pathetic enough to even try. I don't give a damn who respects the hell out of you because frankly you are not a very respectable person.

lool Willz maybe you should tell you're mommy seeing as how you're not even old enough to drink or even attend the London Gaming con. I'm simply putting rude little ****s like yourself in your place by pointing out how immature and offensive you're being.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
racism is not joking, funny or acceptable at all, there is just no excuse for that so don't even be so pathetic enough to even try
Mate, you ever watched russell peters?? That **** be funny.

Racism and being a Racist i think are to different things i can understand people jumping at the sight of what Willz said and I can understand people who don't meh just the way you are about it I guess simply enough I think its down to Hugo and how comfortable they are as friends to let **** like that be said, ya'll NIGG4Z feel me?

Anyways this is smashboards so you know Armada to win unless we see jiggz, calling it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Time to rerail thread!

I have secured front page, central promotion on twitch.tv for this tourney! For a couple hours we will be the big screen in the middle (see www.twitch.tv) Twitch will be writing a featured blog about it too!

Expect hundreds and hundreds of unique viewers come tourney day! (Assuming the internet is good, someone plz certify that!)

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
**** me its Edwin Sama!

Feel free to try don't cry when you don't win.

I'll take your lives like the donut eating fatass you are.

Might get you a flake 99 aswell to make you feel better afterwards... you know if you actually show up.

Hope life's been good to you man, looking forward to maybe seeing you.

YOU WANT BEEF *****? Racism? Nah just a typical conversation between black folk

P.(m?).s Indiano! No indiano... like I told him I was a fricking ghost. Big up JJ Lyn

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Time to rerail thread!

I have secured front page, central promotion on twitch.tv for this tourney! For a couple hours we will be the big screen in the middle (see www.twitch.tv) Twitch will be writing a featured blog about it too!

Expect hundreds and hundreds of unique viewers come tourney day! (Assuming the internet is good, someone plz certify that!)
Nice work Peef, what day/days are you going to be staying at Fuzzys?

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
racism is not joking, funny or acceptable at all, there is just no excuse for that so don't even be so pathetic enough to even try. I don't give a damn who respects the hell out of you because frankly you are not a very respectable person.

lool Willz maybe you should tell you're mommy seeing as how you're not even old enough to drink or even attend the London Gaming con. I'm simply putting rude little ****s like yourself in your place by pointing out how immature and offensive you're being.
Ben, just stfu. Last time I saw you was at SNY, when I beat you in pools all you did was swear and didn't even give a handshake or nothing after losing, yet I on the other hand said well played etc. I was 16 then, you're like 25 or something.

I know you dislike me, but tbh Ben no one cares, so let it go and stop derailing the thread :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Willz has got a point in his last post, some people act nice on the boards and can be elitist and unwelcoming IRL, Willz is not like that IRL and is actually the opposite...not taking sides, just saying he really does have a point lol

Either way let's get back to this event, talking about it and getting it running smoothly and good, and of course UK dominating

theotherdoomguy

Smash Rookie
Aw hell naw. I'm gonna have to ruin all UK players in good NI fashion.
Just give me a minute to actually get good at Smash...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Time to rerail thread!

WOW, That's great news man :D

Thanks a lot, look foward to seeing the featured blog about it too!

And Alpha Dash needs to confirm the status of the internet at the venue ASAP!!!!

I'm torn between wanting Edwin to destroy everyone or to get destroyed after seeing this.
LOL If Edwin actually comes back and dominates the majority of the UK Scene I will be a mixture of happy and dissapointed...I would prefer him not to ****, but at the same time I want to see him **** lol.

Aw hell naw. I'm gonna have to ruin all UK players in good NI fashion.
Just give me a minute to actually get good at Smash...
LOL Look forward to seeing the NI Smashers, hopefully you lot make it in to bracket or atleast 1 of you, who's the best out of all of you NI Smashers who are coming again?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
what is all this crap. Stop being idiots, no need for it :/ lol

anyway this should be good :)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Wow so much flame

Lol at the first sentence, I hope to change your mind about that.

I think I saw someone with the same tag as you on the live stream going on about speaking 7 languages, was pretty blitzed at the time so it don't really matter. Was about 2.30 in the morning GMT.

=p
Maybe it was someone with a similar nick, I barely watched any stream these days and much less talked in chats xD That will change for Apex though lol, going to watch it almost all for both games.

At AtneyB, cool Marth vs Mk, we'll fix the amount there or wathever, don't care much. same for bo3 or bo5, as you want. I need to get better at this match-up D:

cong

Smash Journeyman
Wow so much flame

Maybe it was someone with a similar nick, I barely watched any stream these days and much less talked in chats xD That will change for Apex though lol, going to watch it almost all for both games.

At AtneyB, cool Marth vs Mk, we'll fix the amount there or wathever, don't care much. same for bo3 or bo5, as you want. I need to get better at this match-up D:
Marc mm my diddy vs your falco bo3 £3/5 your choice.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Oh forgot to answer, lol but yeah I accept.

I'll be using the money I got left from my stay in Liverpool and its not much so better go for 3 so I can do more MMs xD

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
Great Marcbri, I need to get better against Marth on my side ;)

We might do some other MMs like my Pika/MK v your Snake... but again we'll see this there. :D

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
@Fortunecookie - I can house you Thursday night, Unfortunately I cant for Friday because I already have a load of people I'm housing and there wont be any space. BUT Thursday M and M Games will be hosting their smash evening at the venue I'm using so it will be good practice. It starts at 6.30pm anyway and finishes at 9pm.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Thursday 12h January (THIS THURSDAY)

M and M Games / Gamers Republic:

Will be hosting their smash evening as per usual at Croydon Conference Centre (The same venue we are using for Out of Con'Trolls')

From 6.30pm - 9.00pm (only a few hours of gaming but still able to run a small bracket)

Venue fee: £3.50

Brawl - Unfortunately due to time schedule, we are only to do a Bo1 double elimination bracket, Grand Finals Bo3 if we have time....

We will be taking out the coin flip rule and will be using stage striking on the neutral stages.

Stages - Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island.

Bracket will begin at 7.00pm if you are not there before that time, you will not be entered, so to be safe just get there for 6.30pm (If however you know you are going to be late you must call me to let me know - I will only give 10 minutes leeway).

Brawl prize draw: 1st-£10, 2nd-£5 voucher for M and M Games, 3rd-Snack Prize

Melee Prize Draw: 1st-TBA 2nd-TBA 3rd-TBA

There will also be a 'Yu-Gi-Oh' and 'Magic: The Gathering' round robin tournament.

If you plan on attending use the directions on the first page of this thread.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
DAT 1 WEEK AWAY HYPE

Still looking to put in the work to win this tournament plus run it perfectly!!!

How are UK & International people feeling about their performance for this tournament???

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
@Fortunecookie - I can house you Thursday night, Unfortunately I cant for Friday because I already have a load of people I'm housing and there wont be any space. BUT Thursday M and M Games will be hosting their smash evening at the venue I'm using so it will be good practice. It starts at 6.30pm anyway and finishes at 9pm.
thanks dude, does that mean you can house me up until thursday night? or just thursday night?

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
Yo so Ajp reminded me about this tourney a few days ago.

im hyped for london sightseeing and clothes + shoes and ****, i heard its hella cheap over there so i wanna take a look oh yeah the tourney, should be nice to play some melee again, but i cant train or **** cause i dont own either game >_>...

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Will there be any good commentators at this event?
Thing is with UK there aren't any specified commentators.

Me, Wiggum and Prof will do our classic SNY commentary. J03 is pretty good on the mic and so is L-J . Others I reckon will do a pretty decent job.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Well do any of you have videos of it? Stream viewers are very picky and I dont want them to all get angry as hell because of commentary that they don't like. Its a serious issue haha.

L-J

Smash Ace
I'm happy to man stream commentary for some of the time when I'm not playing matches and stuff.

Edit: That's fair Peef but knowing we were on a stream would probs mean whoever's commentating would make more of an effort even if the general style is the same. To get an idea though have a look at the vids on the UK youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperSmashBrosUK/videos

OOC commentary is exemplified pretty well in this lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=gD9CyQ0L5tc

Top Bottom