• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
FortuneCookie - you can stay at mine on Friday 13th. Sam and Robby might come up too so potential doubles practice.
I don't have melee so bring a disc if you have one (I have set-up etc)

Also I'm looking for a teams partner...

Edwin / J3ly / FortuneCookie? Anyone up for teaming?

gm jack

Smash Lord
FortuneCookie - you can stay at mine on Friday 13th. Sam and Robby might come up too so potential doubles practice.

I'd be up for teaming if you want. Got 5th at the last two tournaments I've attended, so I'm by no means bad at teams.

EDIT - Same applies to willz.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman

Thanks swizzz will be good to practice with u again :). Where do u live? Im also already teaming with my brosef shiftingshadows sry man.

:phone:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace

You're not teaming with VA?

Can I have a list of the confirmed Europeans for this please? :)

Were doing a lot more things which require a lot more effort. So no... you cant have a list of confirmed Europeans

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
He raapes arguably best fox in the world IMO.

Agreed notice mango didnt fox ditto him he played as falco, wanna c that first match between them again. I dont think javi was in the world team either, wonder y?

swaggest final ever though had it on in the background, heard hbox got a brawl player as a coach and managed to bring back the first set from 2-0 down against armarda.

Doggysamich said that hboxes coach said "the key to being good at melee is to be really good at brawl."

Was like hell no is that gonna be the karma for all us melee guys, evil thoughts I know.

Keeps me up at night =p

WaagOne

Smash Cadet
Yea hella smart but not to flashy, didnt see any crazy platform shiz.

Not saying he couldnt do it if he wanted to...

AD...
You gon get you *** wooped

Cant wait for tourney

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Swizzy, you have to be home from morning if you want to house FortuneCookie on the Friday, he is going to be sleeping at Alpha Dash's on Thursday and he has to leave for work in the morning :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm gonna bring my Wii+Brawl btw :)

I wanted to know what Euros were coming so I could hopefully get some hype on AiB going and get the tournament featured but nvm -.-
European Brawlers I know who are coming are

Pepito
Leffen (they are melee players but apparently decent at Brawl lol)
Nives
Marcbri
Le Syd

Pretty sure I have missed names on the list but I don't know the Brawl community that well :(

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Pepito was my first wifi match against another player back in 2008 on Gamebattles. Holy **** now I get to meet him omgzzzzzzz

and I know leffen played a good diddy kong on wifi, dunno how he is offline though, probs good id imagine
he trolled erybody on allisbrawl lol

and im teaming with marcbri for doubles, we gonna win easily

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Pepito was my first wifi match against another player back in 2008 on Gamebattles. Holy **** now I get to meet him omgzzzzzzz

and I know leffen played a good diddy kong on wifi, dunno how he is offline though, probs good id imagine
he trolled erybody on allisbrawl lol

and im teaming with marcbri for doubles, we gonna win easily
LOL That old school wifi trolling Willz hype!!!

Also TV SITUATION HAS BEEN SORTED OUT GUYS :bee: but we would still appreciate more TV's if people can get them, we don't want people to stop looking.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm about to leave from chicago to london! =D

Teams...i didnt plan on doing teams but if one of the top foxes here wants to, then I will. so ppro, leffen, fuzzy. ics best teammate is fox and itd be fun to team with a good international player. if none of you want to thats fine. btw fuzzyness is top choice if he wants bcuz hes housing me

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm about to leave from chicago to london! =D

Teams...i didnt plan on doing teams but if one of the top foxes here wants to, then I will. so ppro, leffen, fuzzy. ics best teammate is fox and itd be fun to team with a good international player. if none of you want to thats fine. btw fuzzyness is top choice if he wants bcuz hes housing me

The top players all have confirmed team partners so I don't think you will be able to team with them :ohwell:

There's a decent ganon player called Swizzy who is coming, you might be able to team with him...and also a Falco/Fox player called Unreal who is pretty good and I dont think he is teaming with anyone.

But I know for sure the majority if not all Top players have confirmed team partners.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Allow me to jsut drag all this apex hype to this with me
i'm so knackered. I'll probs want to sit and commentate everything rather than play loads, I'm honestly a little smashed out after apex XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Not a hope in hell XD
But i learnt a lot about my faults, which is something that hadnt been exposed clearly when playing UK people, So thats a big bonus
the fact that the first real MK i got to play was the one who came 1st out of all of america is kinda funny, he was my first game of that entire day too (they banned friendly matches to speed things up, i was rusty as balls because i hadnt been able to play one game XD)
So yeah, what i learnt from apex with ike: I space N-air badly, time for the A-stick!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
how hype was ocean vs m2k? sounded so hype from watching the stream, shame it wasn't on the actual stream -.-

and gp gonna tear **** up at this tourney with his new and improved ike
I was standing RIGHT THERE! It was the greating thing ever, Ther was a big hype picture of the moment of victory, But somehow OCEAN's skinny frame completely blocked me about to jump up in rejoice :(
It wasnt on stream, but it was recorded!
And i'm not so sure about that, BUT it's going to be the first time for a while i come to a tournament unrusty!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
ok ill skip out on teams and just focus totally on the stream, prolly what i should do anyway.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
ok ill skip out on teams and just focus totally on the stream, prolly what i should do anyway.

Sorry about that, would be good if you could get the chance while you're in the UK but if you want Me & You can get in some doubles MM with some of the other top people :)

Are you on the flight now BTW

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I watched an OCEAN match before apex and no way in hell did I think he was capable of defeating M2K :S

I really wanna see wtf went down in that set
I know, But he has beaten Otori (a.k.a: MK who won apex) in tournaments in the past, So he's capable of doing it, the way he plays looks so unspectacular, but its so solid!
Think J.miller with Asian reactions and skill, and youve got ocean XD

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Also you can add 5. J.Miller - Hacked Wii/Infinite Replay. Im not gonna be bringing mine, so one more needed.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
And why exactly aren't you gonna be bringing one?

We should have more then 20TV's this tournament and brawl always has less setups, we need as much wii's as possible so plz bring yours, espesh since it's a recording setup

Top Bottom