• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Sure Monty, I'll let you choose the stakes for that one

cause y'know

my Roy is

also Alex, whilst it is quite likely that I'll take doubles by myself, I'd like a teams partner just to make the victory safer. And currently I don't have one. Anyone want to team with me?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
LOL I will take that challenge as it will be hard to start calling you Stan, it would definitely be forced.

Bullet Bill potentially better then L-J? <<< L-J will not like this comment, LJ <3

Would be good to see how your fox does now against him this tournament...I don't have a good idea of what level you are at in the UK because it's rare to catch the majority of people at one event like this, so this will be a great opportunity I feel...

I do kinda feel like your performance is kind of slept on, what have been your last placing of the tournaments you have attended?

After watching your deserving win (even though you lost) against Deathgazer I have to say I am actually really looking forward to your performance, Fox is undoubtably a better path for you, and maybe Doc in MU's which you feel it will benefit.
well thanks a lot prof. For me, fox is going pretty well at the moment. Will be interesting to see how things happen at OOCs- Zeppo- I wonder where he'll place, Frostbyte + Chrisboi- two of the UKs best marths back for this, could def shake things up, LJ, X1-12, Alpha Dash, J3ly, Deathgazer, Unreal, theres gonna be some intense competition here as a lot of these people can get 7th or 5th.

Will def be interesting and I think it's good to watch other matches and not just the top 2 or GFs all the time

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I definitely agree with your post, espesh the last part about watching other people and the battle between 4th/7th

I have no idea what player is gonna get around that area...there are undoubtably gonna be some major upsets for some people

Retroking/Edwin
Jolteon
J3ly
Unreal
Deathgazer
Bullet Bill
Tamoo
Alpha Dash
L-J
Frostbyte
Chrisboi
X1-12
AmcD

These are all players who can get around that area, but only a few can and the rest will be left upset...tough bracket, tough times...HYPE TOURNAMENT!!!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I definitely agree with your post, espesh the last part about watching other people and the battle between 4th/7th

I have no idea what player is gonna get around that area...there are undoubtably gonna be some major upsets for some people

Retroking/Edwin
Jolteon
J3ly
Unreal
Deathgazer
Bullet Bill
Tamoo
Alpha Dash
L-J
Frostbyte
Chrisboi
X1-12
AmcD

These are all players who can get around that area, but only a few can and the rest will be left upset...tough bracket, tough times...HYPE TOURNAMENT!!!
Can't wait for this tournament now :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
People should actually make an effort to go to BZ2 since the first one was small turnout but really had a really good venue and was an awesome tournament
Amen to that
This guy is cool

It shouldn't be more expensive to travel to Out of Con'Trolls tournament then travelling to TipTree...it's all in London and it pretty much costs the same to travel around in London so then money wise it should be the same right?

And also there is no confirmed event for March/April yet by Fuzzyness and you have a near confirmed date and confirmed event which has been advertised, so by rights I think you kind of have more authority over that date lol.
You should speak to Fuzzy so it doesn't affect your event as you have actually been advertising your event for a while now

Plus the next two tournaments will be in London, it will be good to get one out of London.

:phone:
It costs me something like a tenner to get to tiptree, because another smasher will drive me there for 10. whereas i have to take public transport for croydon, that will cost me at least 20 quid XD

And i guess You're right. So i shall go get and my TV's and call the owner of the venue up tomorrow.
And yes, i have my own TV's now, 13 to be exact. Something i'm thinknig of doing is taking a leaf from apex's book. Entering people who bring a setup into a prize draw, and the winner gets a portable TV. Yknow, incentives and all that. Inversely they can also enter the prize draw by paying another quid or something like that.

Another thing, we know travel links from northern england to norfolk are ****. So if people can pay for fuel (wont be too much) i can pay my mum to drive up as far as sheffield and collect a bunch of people on the morning before the tournament! This all depends on how much interest i get from north england though

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Not sure... all my hard drives have failed, so currently no space to record anything. Plus it's not nearly as portable and Ryanair-friendly as before.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
whoooaaa haven't been on here in a while good to see the hype is stacking up :). sooooooo any news on possible housing for me? Jan 9th to the day of the tourney? thanks.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Im currently in the process of sorting out housing for everybody and I need you to tell me what days you need to be housed on!

FortuneCookie - So you only need housing on the day, what time would you be leaving?

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
thats just for me and its cuz my flight from america gets back on the 10th and i dont want to travel all the way up to scotland only to come back to london 4 days later :/. sry about the hassle if u can sort it out for me u guys will be the best hosts ever :D

Heartstring

Smash Legend
thats just for me and its cuz my flight from america gets back on the 10th and i dont want to travel all the way up to scotland only to come back to london 4 days later :/. sry about the hassle if u can sort it out for me u guys will be the best hosts ever :D
...Does this means you're at apex?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah that's fair enough lol
Just wanted to know if it was 1 person since it's a lot easier for 5 days then 3 lol :D

And I will try to get it sorted out with you ASAP.

AC IS AMAZING and told me that ONLY Saturday night after the tournament he can house up to 10 people and maybe even more and do a little smashfest up to Sunday

onesh0t

Smash Rookie
I can see from your info that you are one of the Ireland people...good to know that you lot are coming down to join our scene, really look forward to seeing the new faces :)

Also out of curiousity, you play Brawl, Melee, or both?
I play both and I play sheik in both of them as well, I am one of the sheiks that esperboss was talking about

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
IVP may also come, which basically means we will try to convince a 6th person to come (even number for teams).

Our flight arrives early on saturday morning, so no housing there. We leave early monday morning, but we want to see London on sunday, and housing for just a few hours that final night feels pointless.
Where does Alpha Dash live? =)

edit:
How many of those 100+ people are entering Melee?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
IVP may also come, which basically means we will try to convince one more (even number for teams).

Our flight arrives early on saturday morning, so no housing there. We leave early monday morning, but we want to see London on sunday, and housing for just a few hours that final night feels pointless.
Where does Alpha Dash live? =)
That would be real good if IVP could come :)

And Alpha Dash lives like 15 mins on bus from the Venue, so not far at all.
And he lives right next to a Train Station which goes to Central London (Big Ben, London Eye etc) so you could go and check out London.
If you obviously need housing on Sunday night im pretty sure he will offer it, unless you are willing to wait at the airport if your flight is super early, so just know the option is available :)

Edit - It's about split even between Melee + Brawl.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
FortuneCookie - There's a slight chance between 10-14th you might have to stay at 2 different people's houses and then 14-15th you go to AC's mini smashfest where the rest of the Scottish should be staying

Is that alright with you, since it's going to be hard to find 1 person who can house you for 4 days.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
prof - yeah thats fine man, beggars cant be choosers. I'm just happy if i get housing and some practice in before the tourney :)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
If you obviously need housing on Sunday night im pretty sure he will offer it, unless you are willing to wait at the airport if your flight is super early, so just know the option is available :)
Yeah maybe I should've asked about sunday->monday also just in case, but if that also works, then great =).
So can IVP and the 6th swede (lootic, Yuna, or whoever Jack will find for his teammate) also be housed there?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
If it's all of you then it will probably be better if you get housed at AC's house.

Because there is not that much space at Alpha Dash's but AC said he can house up to 15 people...so yeah housing will still be avaliable for all of you :)

AC lives a bit further from the venue (30/40 mins & 2 Buses) then Alpha Dash but you will be shown how to get there...it's easy and direct from the venue.

Willz - :( But this is the tournament you're meant to come to and **** it up :(
You have to come to it

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
Is there any housing available for the night of friday 13th to the tournament day ?

If so, for how many ppl ?

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
lootic is joining us, swedes coming are:
AJP+leffen, IVP+Pepito, Jack+lootic (<-team pairings)

Problem though:
Ryanair's ticket prices goes up after a certain number of passengers (they apparently have a limited number of low-price tickets).
Worst case we will come late friday and leave early tuesday instead, but I'll try to find something on monday at least.

edit:
OK, it seems that we need to arrive on friday at 18:40. Two of us will be able to (and have to) leave on monday morning, the other 4 will have to stay until tuesday morning (though again it's so early we can just go to the airport late on monday).
So housing needed for 6 people from friday to monday... Sorry about the changes, but now it should be final.

VA

Smash Hero
I can house the Swedish smashers on Saturday to Sunday but it's about 40 minutes away from Croydon on the train

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
If you did then they wouldn't be able to visit London on Sunday, and they would have to pay more money to go to Brighton and then come back to London to visit it.

If they are willing to do that then fair enough, but it's just easier and less money for them to stay in London and it's closer to Central London which is what they want to visit on Sunday

AJP - I am going to ask Alpha Dash now if he has enough room to stretch you in, but don't worry, everything housing wise should be fine for all of you :)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Thanks, I'll try to book our tickets as soon as possible.

Yeah I prefer to make this as inexpensive as possible. I'm already stretching my budget to even go, but I've never been to London. And now with the "delayed" flights we have two days for that =).
Flight tickets being <8£ total is just too low to say no to...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You're pretty much sorted out for housing :)

Friday you're staying at Alpha Dash's and then Saturday Night you're staying at AC's with a bunch of other smashers for a mini smashfest after the tournament, and he doesn't live too far from the station so you can go and check the scenary of London :)

Top Bottom