• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It's literally like a 1 minute walk from the venue LOL!!!
Like if you look on the Map to the venue on the 1st page, where you turn LEFT first, it's on that road.

Not sure what time it closes though, and im on already.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR LONDONERS

I know this is a lot to ask of people, but housing wise it would be really good if people would not just stretch their hand of helpfulness to house people smashers they know and not smashers they don't know too well. (Since this has been the case a few times so far)

When we go to tournaments we accept housing from people we don't know and same if we were to go to another country, so try to be more helpful and considerate in this department please.
Especially when it's in your power to be

:phone:

VA

Smash Hero
Charles Fuzzyness, do you want to come to Brighton to practice before this tournament? Alex Jolteon you too are invited and J3ly and Unreal etc.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Thanks, I'll try to book our tickets as soon as possible.

Yeah I prefer to make this as inexpensive as possible. I'm already stretching my budget to even go, but I've never been to London. And now with the "delayed" flights we have two days for that =).
Flight tickets being <8£ total is just too low to say no to...
I'll be more than happy to house you guys Friday night, it will be so much easier for you plus my house is closest to the venue. We'll also be getting there early in the morning to set up too.

VA

Smash Hero
I'm happier not to house anyone, but I have a large amount of space and it wouldn't be that inconvenient to house 6 smashers for a few days.

It is far away so whatever works.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Tickets booked. We are flying home tuesday evening instead of morning because of limited number of cheap tickets again. Argh changes, but we have the tickets now =).

So, all 6 of us arrive at Stansted on friday at 18:40.
IVP's and Pepito's flight leaves on monday at 08:45 (school).
The rest will leave on tuesday at 19:05.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Charles Fuzzyness, do you want to come to Brighton to practice before this tournament? Alex Jolteon you too are invited and J3ly and Unreal etc.

deffo dude
I would most definitely be interested if I am free. :)

VA

Smash Hero
I got well confused as to why my post said deffo dude at the bottom but then I realised charles has edited it.

:phone:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Tickets booked. We are flying home tuesday evening instead of morning because of limited number of cheap tickets again. Argh changes, but we have the tickets now =).

Great that's all sorted then if there's anything else you need to know ask either myself or Professor Pro. I'll also give you a guide of how to get to where I live, from the Airport. Also take our contact numbers (both on the first post).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

Just happy to know you lot are coming in general....f*** the tickets and the day you lot are going back :)
International hype has definitely boosted this tournament

^ should be recorded

Well happy that your coming as well
LOL I actually told him specifically 'Bullet Bill will be happy to know that you are coming' which is why it's kind of funny to see you you say that lol.
But he realized how close it is to his house '10 minute bus' and also he wants to meet all the old smashers and couldn't resist it.

I thought you weren't interested in our tournament?
Has the salt worn off now lol?

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
Yes there is housing available for you.
About 4 people can stay at Alpha Dash prior the tournament, 5 if pushed.

How much of you lot will there be?
Well atm we're only 3 really interessed form here (me, Yami and Nives).
We're gonna confirm (or not) soon so I'll let you know asap.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Good news to come back online and see all these new people looking to come once again :D
I will be adding you all on to the list, and look forward to meeting all of you.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
so much more new players interested, this is by far going to be a huge tournament. I hope we get everything done on time. Were definitely gonna have to be mad strict.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
thats what I was thinking might just have to to teams during this time then as the amature bracket will only hold up the pro bracket, we cant afford to run behind schedule

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Exactly. With only one day to do things. I'll do my best to fus ro DAH the matches for you. but some people seem to be adamant that they WILL finish these goddamn friendlies first (blasted people)

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Need a bit of help asap please. I may hypothetically be staying at cr09xy the night before and after the tournament since my gf may be coming to support me if I can get something to work. Where could I warm up the night before if I were to stay there?

Otherwise i might need to know of other smashers in London that I could stay near (in hotel or something) to make the trip work for my gf.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Im looking forward booking tickets this week. Will need housing for 2 to 4 people, I'll try to have the exact number by tomorrow.

Me and Plinci (Melee player) are going almost for sure, Rydle and Cp2 may join us for Brawl.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
AMATEUR BRACKET will be Single Elim and during Doubles which always has less entrants between 10 TV's...we have enough time to do it.
We wouldn't if it was Double but Single Elim goes VERY fast.

Check the schedule and the TV's we have and you will see that everything should be fine with us enforcing the rules of time strictly.

Golden-Pysco - You are forgetten that TV's will be allocated for tournament and like 2 for Friendlies, you are required to report your match as soon as it's done and that will leave a open space on the station manager, if you stay on the TV playing friendlies after a set is done, the winner of the set loses the next set he was going to play.

And this is fair as we have set TV's for Friendlies.

Im looking forward booking tickets this week. Will need housing for 2 to 4 people, I'll try to have the exact number by tomorrow.

Me and Plinci (Melee player) are going almost for sure, Rydle and Cp2 may join us for Brawl.
That's good to hear :)
Tell me what days you need housing, it's VERY easy to house you on Saturday after the tourn but a bit harder to do so on Friday.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Oh good, you're actually going to do TV allocation! nice

And once again, i cant confirm anything about a wii :(

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Oh good, you're actually going to do TV allocation! nice

And once again, i cant confirm anything about a wii :(
Yeah, I was learning how to do it and how it works on TIO and basically every single time a tournament match finishes it shows that the TV which was done on it is now available which makes it easier for us to allocate the next round of people and see people who aren't playing where they should be and happily punish them.

Would just be to visit for the night, ill be housing with my girlfriend at a hotel nearby.
In that case then im pretty sure you would be able to go to Alpha Dash's, which means you will get to play all the Swedes since that's where they will be and also me of course :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
This is for bracket then yes? Pools would obviously have the standard 'pool to a TV' thing going on

Also why is about 90% of the smash community around the world so damn unorganised?

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Hey its me again.

We going to book for friday then go back early sunday, its the cheapest stuff I've found is getting there friday at like 23:00 in Stansted airport and back on sunday at 6 am.

Thus we would only need housing for friday to saturday.

Question is, those hours are a bit late/early, will we have problems to get to our housing location?
We can look into more expensive flights if needed I guess:/

Players list as of now (We should confirm this 100% later today): Cp2, Rydle, Plinci, White, Marcbri.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hey its me again.

We going to book for friday then go back early sunday, its the cheapest stuff I've found is getting there friday at like 23:00 in Stansted airport and back on sunday at 6 am.

Thus we would only need housing for friday to saturday.

Question is, those hours are a bit late/early, will we have problems to get to our housing location?
We can look into more expensive flights if needed I guess:/

Players list as of now (We should confirm this 100% later today): Cp2, Rydle, Plinci, White, Marcbri.
Good to know you're coming :)

You are all set for Saturday (after the tourn) for housing but we are still trying to sort out yours (and others) housing for before the tournament but it should be alright.

Regardless of where you are staying I think you will have to get a Train from there to 'London Liverpool Street' and then once we get a confirmed locations I will update you on precisely where to go, just keep on reminding me :)

Gonna try and work **** out with work and my parents to let me come this

Idgaf about smash no more but I just wanna chill with everyone

ma *****s bmac and shay/blazin best be there
It will be sad times if you can't make it, espesh since you ain't been to a tourn in awhile and it's not a regular thing...and i've spoken to Blazin and he told he will def be there.

monty06

Smash Ace
im all booked ready to go now gotta love berrys all direct no ****ty waiting or changing elsewhere

Top Bottom