• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London Melee and Brawl Ranbat June 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
this was a great ranbat sooo awsome good games too anyone i played and grats tooo kira and fuzzy on winning :)

alsooo fuzzy anychance i can get a copy of the tio file?? so the great players of aib have easy access to results???

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure that last match of Fuzzyness vs Kman isnt Fuzzyness vs Frostbyte?
Cos I don't think that Kman is that good with marth and plus its the white marth lol.

Edit: I heard his voice and it is Frsotbyte and saw his face lol

The first match is Kman though.

Sorry, my bad, I'll get better at names eventually.

And no problem Ixis :)

I just had to get a video of your bowser.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Crap, thats always been a weakness of mine lol
and we should meet up next year for smash seeing as me and frugs are gonna be living pretty much either side of you (oxford/cambridge)
yer hopefully next year, il be going to uni in loughborough and thats still kinda within range.
what uni have you applied for?

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Deathgazer - I was seriously impressed by your tech skill and you were doing some ridicoulously stuff in the games I saw you play people but you have no idea atm how to incoroporate it into your gameplay which is when I played you one time I think I 4stocked you by just taking advantage of that lol.
I think because you haven't got to play anyone really good you are to used to beasting people with tech skill all the time but I will be happy to harness that tech skill and actually make you use it properly. I think everyone knows that you have ALOT of potential to become one of the top people in the UK but you make SO many mistakes that it just spoils your entire gameplay and it didn't even allow you to get of pools which I know shouldn't be the case with your ability.
If you wanna meet up anytime just speak to me on msn and I will be glad to help you out and meet you.
i probably missed most of the timing because i was nervous and screwed up so much!

yer hopefully after my exams in mid june, il be able to go to london more and play you. and learn more from you. whereabouts in london do you live again?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I live in South London in a place called Thorton Heath. Its near Croydon if you have heard of that so you should be able to meet up with me sometime in the holiday and stuff and you can bring IC3 iswell unless are go down there and play you lot.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Remember wisl fuzzy also went jigglypugg and sheik.

Deathgazer: if you press multiquote you can quote several posts at the same time and then just press quote on the last thing you want to quote so you have all the things you want to quote in one post lol.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Sounds brilliant. I personally would prefer cash prizes for the people who places in the top 4 as opposed to every single game having a pot (seems a bit too much like gambling to me). But that's just me, and I'd still come anyway, I just wouldn't enter Melee.
lol uve misunderstood how the pot works, its basically paying for the tournaments you want to compete in, and the the top 3 splitting the money between them depending on where they came.

yer hopefully next year, il be going to uni in loughborough and thats still kinda within range.
what uni have you applied for?
lol at the triple post, sumone needs to learn to multiquote :laugh:
And yeah, im not actually going to uni next year, ive just got a job in oxford from next year, but im gonna apply southampton or cambridge when i apply next year
And loughborough, if ive got my geography correct, thats in leicestershire. If thats the case, you should go to their ranbats too cos yeniths has started a good community up there. Ill probably be going to their ranbats occasionally aswell.

wisl

Smash Journeyman
Last Dragon - I am sooo proud of you and how you played this tournament. You placed the top of your pool and you ***** Chrisboi in the match you played him. He got a nice dirty combo on YS story and it was finished with a fakeout jump when he was off the edge to drop down fast to wall jump to knee IN THE FACE. NO WHERELESE BUT THE FACE!
that sounds amazing, was it recorded?

I got sheik&jiggz, professor.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Last Dragon: Wheres your shoutouts you prick.

wisl: Nah it wasn't recorded wisl and I didn't go sheik and jiggz. I went fox all the way but fuzzy went marth, sheik, jiggz, fox, captain falcon and falco.

wisl

Smash Journeyman
haha yeah, I meant: I got all those chars for fuzzy

shame about the last dragon combo
edit: ^that name sounds sweet too :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lool Shoutouts is where you basically give shoutout to specific people.

How can you ask what shoutouts are, you are black, black people give shoutouts wherever they go. On the radio, news, tv programs, even the hospital.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
lol uve misunderstood how the pot works, its basically paying for the tournaments you want to compete in, and the the top 3 splitting the money between them depending on where they came.
Oh okay, but doesn't that mean if you get further in the tournament you have to pay more? Or is the £1 a one-off payment?

auroreon

Smash Ace
Was a great event, lots of fun. I can deffinatly come to next one with Ixis again whenever you decide to run it. Would be easier if people actually arrived on time and brought setups next time XD.
xatm, that match you uploaded vs. Ppro wasn't me, I don't even play Melee lol.
That match vs ur luigi was fun Tamoo, nice to see someone else with a lower tier char. Hopefully I'll see you at Yens in may if you decide to come.
Next time I'll get more practise and do a lot better. Good to be representing Yoshi =)

Tamoo

Smash Master
That match vs ur luigi was fun Tamoo, nice to see someone else with a lower tier char. Hopefully I'll see you at Yens in may if you decide to come.
Next time I'll get more practise and do a lot better. Good to be representing Yoshi =)
Lol. yeah i bring out luigi from time to time, but that tournament made me realise how much more successful I would be if I just stuck to metaknight the whole time, so im pretty much a mk main from here on in im afraid :ohwell:

And I wont make this May but as soon as I get my paycheck from my new job in september, I'll be sure to come up to Yens ranbat as much as possible

Also, v.good yoshi by the way, it was rediculous how I was surving ur upsmashes above 200% lol, u just wouldnt let me come down :laugh:

auroreon

Smash Ace
Lol. yeah i bring out luigi from time to time, but that tournament made me realise how much more successful I would be if I just stuck to metaknight the whole time, so im pretty much a mk main from here on in im afraid :ohwell:

And I wont make this May but as soon as I get my paycheck from my new job in september, I'll be sure to come up to Yens ranbat as much as possible

Also, v.good yoshi by the way, it was rediculous how I was surving ur upsmashes above 200% lol, u just wouldnt let me come down :laugh:
That survival was amazing, never seen anything like it! either the best DI skillz Iv ever seen or just wtf lol

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus

Nooooooo Tamoo! Don't run off to Meta Knight! Stay loyal to Weegee :).

Seriously though, Aura and i will definitely be at the next ranbat. After yesterday, i realised that playing online just doesn't really cut it.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
What isit with people and there expectation of me beating Fuzzyness all the time lol. I get it after every event that me and Charles are in the grand finals and I lose to him lol.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
What isit with people and there expectation of me beating Fuzzyness all the time lol. I get it after every event that me and Charles are in the grand finals and I lose to him lol.
its because the community has seen that you have put alot of effort into your fox and want you to go all the way and get what you deserve :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBPT_YWJlFs
Look at this crap. Why did he do this.

I was happy when he was a man and made this one though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5AkW5gD-CE&feature=channel

its because the community has seen that you have put alot of effort into your fox and want you to go all the way and get what you deserve :)
lol I guess thats a compliment but still its harder then it seems when I am facing Charles. Everyonelse in the UK I know I can beat on top of my game except for him.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Its because Charles has been on top for so long, people want to see a change. You're the closest anyone has come to beating Charles (3-2 ahead after winning the first set). I don't think it's anything personal, its just that people don't want 1 person winning all the time. They want variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom