• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lol hi - A Guide to Sheik/Zelda

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Bobby was meant to be doing it. He's been a bit busy though. I'll see if I can catch him on the chat.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i don't see what's wrong with being helpless after dins fire lol, i think it would be dumb if she could shoot multiple of those while in the air

MrEh

Smash Hero
i don't see what's wrong with being helpless after dins fire lol, i think it would be dumb if she could shoot multiple of those while in the air
That's why every time someone complains that they die because they use Din's accidentally, I tell them that they're doing it wrong. lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yeah. i almost never make dumb mistakes like that unless its a big fluke in a friendly where it doesnt even matter

Riickable

Smash Cadet
I hope something is done on this guide, and soon. I learned quite a bit from this but nowhere near as much as I expected. And since I don't really read up on Zelda and make up stuff, I would have to say this is outdated.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I suggest de-stickying this. As long as it's in the directory, it's really...... really..... REALLY old and not even worth reading at this point, tbh. x.x

Just a suggestion, though.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
This post absolutely must go anywhere that basic data on Din's Fire goes.

It's the most helpful diagram I've ever seen. Kataefi is that good.

There's even frame data:

What's this? :)

Haha! My extra special information =D It's actually not very special at all >.<

It's a little guideline as to when and where din's will hit the target. The fiery blobs represent din's, and the people represent the max range in which that din's will strike them. So red din's will strike the red person from that distance. It's done on ZSS, who's very slender, so the range of din's should be larger for those with larger body parts. The number represents the damage dealt at around that range. Zelda is standing on the far right.
:034:

sniperworm

Smash Ace
This post absolutely must go anywhere that basic data on Din's Fire goes.

It's the most helpful diagram I've ever seen. Kataefi is that good.

There's even frame data:

:034:
lol, where's the frame data?

Anyway, that's a nice diagram, but it's something that Zelda players should already know. That being said, I guess it'd be nice if you've never really used Zelda nor played against one.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I think we should add it too though.
The guide will probably be read by more people who never use Zelda.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The chart's helpful, people, just like any chart that shows the exact range of moves (see: TL guide).

Stop being so negative, sheesh. Guides are for beginners.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahhhh new development

we should add those shiny yellow hitbubble pictures to this guide!!!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Well, we're working on a new Zelda guide anyway.

As for the hitbubble thing, I'm waiting on the Zelda .pac from Commander-whats-his-face.

Dunno what's going on with Sheik..... I don't play or care about her.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I just wanted to take this chance to donate a small instructional video from the AiB Zeldas on Love Jumping as I notice you guys no longer have the video which display Zelda's jumping specials due to author removal. It may not appear as much but still it is a visual on the technique. I understand if you guys do not wish to use this but I though I would try and show it to you guys over here anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8djTa_wHqtE Love Jumping - A How To Video

We also plan on doing a video of Farore's Wind Canceling and displaying warp points on several stages.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
The problem for me is that love jumping (WHY O WHY WAS IT EVER CALLED THAT??!!!) is a little useless... the OoS one is like a wtf moment, but for recovery a double jump is so much safer for me!

Can't say I speak for others though... so I dunno! Nice to see a video with good quality though.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Actually Kata I kinda like that name D:, I think it's pretty fitting. I like using it as a change up to a situation sometimes. Yeah it's not particularly useful but I'm sure there are moments where it may come in handy as it's usually not expected.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Love Jump *shivers* OoS is an extremely important technique for every Zelda main to learn.

Since Zelda is such a hilarious character, it's important to have hilarious useless moves up your sleeve. You can't say that it doesn't look funny. It's one of the most outragous things I've seen in this game.

Can I write up a section for dthrow and add that to the guide?
Only if it has factual and useful information.

So no.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Wow, I just skimmed over the title of this thread and thought it said "Zelda/Sheik Guide- A Guide to Losing"

I wondered if MrEh was the new owner.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I'm flattered, but I would never use a name like that. I suggested a new name previously, and I got infracted for it.

Zelda Sucks - A Guide to Using Slowgirl

It's essentially the perfect name for a guide. It has two facts in the title itself that describes Zelda, and it's a nice pink-ish color.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm guessing by the title change that this can be.... unstickied? Or something? x.x

Or maybe Kata should change the title so we don't have an "lol hi" thread stickied.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yes! That's exactly it!

Except strangely I didn't change the title of the thread which means sinking is probably back from a maaaaajor long hiatus.

But still this is a good cue to unsticky this thread in time for the newer guide.

edit: farewell thread!

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Yes! That's exactly it!

Except strangely I didn't change the title of the thread which means sinking is probably back from a maaaaajor long hiatus.

But still this is a good cue to unsticky this thread in time for the newer guide.

edit: farewell thread!

He can't have changed it himself though. His last visit was 12 hours ago. :ohwell:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I really didn't change the title of this thread! You can change titles by not having to edit the actual thread so this may have been the case.

edit: in sinking's case I mean

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sinking put like strawberry blueberry panda swirls in the Sheik version lol.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Wow, I just skimmed over the title of this thread and thought it said "Zelda/Sheik Guide- A Guide to Losing"

I'm flattered, but I would never use a name like that. I suggested a new name previously, and I got infracted for it.

Zelda Sucks - A Guide to Using Slowgirl

It's essentially the perfect name for a guide. It has two facts in the title itself that describes Zelda, and it's a nice pink-ish color.
I like the names it should really be considered for the new guide.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Interestingly enough, after this got de-stickied it's been getting bumbed on steady basis. It's like this thread refuses to die.

Top Bottom