• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Location Confirmed, Sending Videos* - R.O.B. Video Thread (Latest update 1/27)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Added most of your vids, left off the ones against plank cause those were just ********.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hey Sudai, are we ever gonna get any vids of your ROB? I wanna see how ROBs play in the deep south.

Come to think of it, are there any Florida ROB mains?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
it's not that easy chzn lol, tornado timing is much easier to switch up than it is to defend against. tornado>rob hard.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Alright, more good updates today:

HugS player profile, nothing ROB specific but a great read nonetheless.

Vids of HugS and ShadowROB, I highly recommend watching some of Shadow since these are the first vids we have of him and he's very good.

Yet another ROB ditto, between Toasty and Nacker. I didn't post the one vs Plank because even though you did a lot better, it still had about 80% too much gay. Seriously, who plays like that in a friendly?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Alright, more good updates today:

HugS player profile, nothing ROB specific but a great read nonetheless.

Vids of HugS and ShadowROB, I highly recommend watching some of Shadow since these are the first vids we have of him and he's very good.

Yet another ROB ditto, between Toasty and Nacker. I didn't post the one vs Plank because even though you did a lot better, it still had about 80% too much gay. Seriously, who plays like that in a friendly?
to be honest i spent the entire day sunday at the tournament just tornadoing because i am trying to figure out when it's the best effective, when i can be punished, what beats it, etc.
I try to notice when people are going to be able to get out, and adjust my tornado accordingly to keep them in or to get away safely without being punished.

If i can spend 99% of the match practicing solely this and still win, then oh well. The way i get better is by practicing specific techs in friendlies then implementing what is solid in tournaments, that's why ill do poorly and/or lose in friendlies but win more in tournaments, although everyone usually just says "OMG SANDBAGGING"

anyway, though, meta vs rob seems to me tornado is a majorly useful tool to take down robs extremely fast sidestep, and ROB has issues dealing with it in the air because his aerials are mostly slow. Why not use something effective? Im sick of people saying "gay this, gay that" Play to win. If you're limiting yourself based on what's "gay" then you will never be good.

/endrant

edit::: also, i picked up ROB, and i camp like a mother****er, SO WHAT?

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
to be honest i spent the entire day sunday at the tournament just tornadoing because i am trying to figure out when it's the best effective, when i can be punished, what beats it, etc.
I try to notice when people are going to be able to get out, and adjust my tornado accordingly to keep them in or to get away safely without being punished.

If i can spend 99% of the match practicing solely this and still win, then oh well. The way i get better is by practicing specific techs in friendlies then implementing what is solid in tournaments, that's why ill do poorly and/or lose in friendlies but win more in tournaments, although everyone usually just says "OMG SANDBAGGING"

anyway, though, meta vs rob seems to me tornado is a majorly useful tool to take down robs extremely fast sidestep, and ROB has issues dealing with it in the air because his aerials are mostly slow. Why not use something effective? Im sick of people saying "gay this, gay that" Play to win. If you're limiting yourself based on what's "gay" then you will never be good.

/endrant

edit::: also, i picked up ROB, and i camp like a mother****er, SO WHAT?
All md/va robs need to pick up metanight to stop your ROB :laugh: that would be awesome

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
John.. you can play MK and ROB... but at the end of the day you will still lose to G&W, and I will laugh.

Oh yeah.. try doing that sh*t to me w/ the nado son... see how many times you get Fsmashed and then perhaps you'll stop spamming a sh*tty move.

*cough* nubs camp *cough*

No Johns Jon.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
tornado isn't a nub move, you should've seen my set with azen, it was ridiculously close. Also, i have no problem with GaW as MK, hes easy to gimp and as long as MK plays smart gaw has trouble landing a kill move cuz MK is mad fast

I play tons of other chars too, though, including GAW, so it really doesnt matter anyway.

Honestly, i'm just impressed u spelled my name correctly.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
All md/va robs need to pick up metanight to stop your ROB :laugh: that would be awesome
lmfao yessssssss

also I'm pretty sure I wanted Plank to play with whatever tactic worked, otherwise how would I ever be prepared in a tournament?

Nackers, I think it would have been interesting teaming with you...next tourney we're at, we should team [and work on DDD counterpicks :(] hopefully we'll play before the tournament [maybe at Planks the night before?] so we can work on ****...and ****, I'm learnin how to fight ROBs who know how to fight ROBs...**** was scary when I didn't know what to expect :(

and:
*cough* nubs camp *cough*
...really? cmon now. whatever works man. And yeah, the set with Azen did get mad close, good ****.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
So we can work on ****...and ****

cmon now. whatever works man. good ****.
First off.. NO HOMO <(^_^)b

JOHN- fux you son. If spamming tornado works on Azen then i guess keep doing it b/c the lord of diversity hasn't discovered a way to beat it yet... as for me, i think i'll continue to play actually good MK's like Kirbstir, and Forte...

JOHN did you know that MK can gimp ROB off the side of the stage by doing 4 Uairs-->UpB???!?!!

b/c i NEVER once saw you do it to Toasty [even when you had the chance].. you're probably right... i'd much rather look like a fool and spam Nado's all over the stage, instead of doing a kill move that will put me ahead a stock... but what do i know.. i'm just a lost Jigglypuff soul that now mains ROB/Yoshi/TL.... i must suck. You know what JOHN.. maybe you should go DK again in tourney or in our MoneyMatch, and you'll probably beat me... b/c at the end of the day i'm just sh*tty ChozenOne, and You're JOHN.

Stick to StarCraft son.

See you later JOHN.

<33

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Says the guy that stood up after I BEAT YOU in tourney and tried to fight me inside a venue...

REAL MATURE JOHN.

and seriously.. not only am i a Personal Trainer.. Twice Your Size.. have roughly infinite more fighting experience than you..

I DONT HIT GIRLS.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
actually i wanted to take it outside the venue, the only reason i didnt actually start anything is because i didnt want to disrespect travis and his venue. the only thing that you're more experienced than me in is having ******** amounts of anal sex with other personal trainers and your overall ability to annoy anyone you come in contact with

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
JOHN i say this in all seriousness.. you're not even worth my time son... i get paid $21 an hour, and around $100-$150 per client session... you couldn't afford me.. and never will.

Call me gay, but talk to me after you get to take ALL of your new clients and do alittle partner stretching to welcome them to the gym... and you call ME annoying JOHN.. dude you play gay intentionally to piss people off...

and seriously.. you SPAMMING NADO IN A F*CKING FRIENDLY. You've got to be kidding me.. next time we play in a friendly do you want me to play EXACTLY how i will in tourney w/ my Perfectly spaced Fairs/Jabs/Ftilts/Gyros/Lazers?

I use 5 moves when i'm playing seriously.. b/c thats all i need. There is an ethics to game playing son.. and i've been playing games for money since i was 8. Clearly sportsmanship isn't something you're taught over the internet. it must be because you and your crew were so **** "1337".

Kudos JOHN.. seriously... i'm impressed that you BEAT toasty [whos actually quite skilled] but had to doit by spamming a bullsh*t move that wouldn't work against someone that had encounted that dumb*ss strategy before.

Take your Nados.. your Fairs.. and bring son.. i've beaten MK's TWICE as good as you... don't think i'm afraid, and don't think you can place higher than me in tourney either..

You seriously embarrass this community Jon. Your demeanor is trashy, uncivilized, and crass.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
Says the guy that stood up after I BEAT YOU in tourney and tried to fight me inside a venue...

REAL MATURE JOHN.

and seriously.. not only am i a Personal Trainer.. Twice Your Size.. have roughly infinite more fighting experience than you..

I DONT HIT GIRLS.
I'm sure I could kick your ***, or just stab you, you know I roll strapped, 7 deep in tornys, my crew go hard son.

ch'yeah!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Your entire post screams "I'm a scrub"

Play to win, idiot. That's like playing baseball and not stealing bases cuz it's cheap. Or playing football and never throwing the ball cuz it's unfair. It's in the game, it's fair to do. No sportsmanship involved.

As for your little money comment, I make about $25 an hour on an average day, so i don't want to hear it.

And mk's twice as good as me? I'd like to see one. From the people i've played they've all said I was the hardest MK to fight besides forte, and azen said I was even harder than him. I don't want to hear your scrubtalk, I've been professional in 4 games because I have a winning mentality and I don't let myself get held back by what's "cheap".

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
No JOHN.

My post should not scream "I'm a scrub" because I am clearly not a scrub, nor was.. nor ever will be.

There is a certain "ethics" in everything that a person does.. no matter what. Often it is within the winning player's discretion as to how much Sportsmanship to show [which is generally based around how much is given].

ex- You are playing Texas Holdem Poker, you're at the last table, and you force someone to lose most of their chips b/c they call you and then fold.. does it then show unsportsmanship to show that player your cards to make them feel better about folding.. or perhaps you had nothing and you feel that showing them your cards would make them feel worse b/c they were just out played, or perhaps feel better knowing the better player is walking away w/ more chips...

One never can tell.

you can NEVER tell.

Winning is winning, but there comes a point when playing any game where you need to realize that it is just a game, and that games are meant to be played to have fun.. and if you're not having fun then it's no longer a game.

Maybe you only have fun when you win.. and that's ok.. that just means you're an *sshole. gratz.

And honestly JOHN.. i would rather be a scrub then an *sshole.. b/c at the end of the day

-i'm playing a game with my friends
-i'm in love with a beautiful women
-i'm working my dream job
-i'm a decent person

and at the end of the day

-you're still Jon.

So I win.

And you lose.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
ohshi JCaesar, you're like the first person to post a link to a video of mine and not capitalize the t <3<3, I know it's not a big deal at all, I just felt a little gay on the inside because someone was paying attention, haha

you can tell how exciting bankruptcy law is considering how much I post while at work, and that this was noteworthy >_>

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I just copy/paste all the titles (adding the characters played if need be), but if it makes you feel any better I did notice that you never capitalize the t in toasty. Do I smell a mancrush?:laugh:

Heh I'm also on smashboards a lot more when I'm at work than when I'm home. NASA isn't as exciting as it sounds, though you probably have me beat in the "boring job" category.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
yeah...see it's not even like it's a cool corrupt law office that deals with billion dollar contracts [like my sister, corporate lawyer in manhattan, SHlT!...I'm not even a lawyer! Just a paralegal], our clients are almost all poor and dumb people who have 3 cars at 23% interest and 99 creditors to whom they owe over $270,000 and they make a total of $75,000 in their household. (not that 75k is poor..you get what I mean though.)

The other people go through hard times with layoffs and medical bills :( Those people are fine. But it's the financially ****ing ignorant people that depress me and gradually chip away at my hope for this world [though more specifically, this country]

and mancrush? I just tell people that poster on my wall is of ROB....but secretly.....................secretly.....^_~

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Wow that's depressing. I just test stuff that's gonna go up on the Hubble. It's usually time-consuming and monotonous, but thanks for giving me some perspective.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I have you both beat in the boring job category. I work for a contractor for the army, on Fort McNair. All I do is scan old military documents all day that will be used to make textbooks and websites. I'm basically on smashboards every minute while I'm at work lol.

Top Bottom