• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Location Confirmed, Sending Videos* - R.O.B. Video Thread (Latest update 1/27)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
LMFAO okay so I have tons of vids to post elsewhere at some point...but this one I had to post as soon as I had the chance. Hilariously bad friendly after the tournament with a couple sprinkles of awesome ^_^ Finally I got to play a Diddy!!! (well, except like a couple times before a month and a half ago, but I was pretty beyond trash then)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI5md0_ENpQ

on the real? just watch Diddy's second stock =D

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
Nacker vrs Toasty vids have top priority well atleast the ones with 20484 lazor kills xD and the other 1 that has a dradle kill **** was so cash

The 2 matches i lost never existed >.> only 2 rob dittos i lost that day outa of 20+

toasty

Smash Hero
wait, I was the only one who beat you in dittos???????

but yeah man, gimme some more time and I'll figure that **** out. **** changes everything when you're up against a character whose advantage over you is the one you have over everyone else [edgeguarding, namely]. I need to find some local ROBs to play :( :( :(

Edit:

Bam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvl9sVyUyBg

OK I'm going to go pass out now

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'll get to all this tonight or tomorrow, sorry, busy weekend for me. Man I wish I coulda made it to C3, it sounds like it was a blast.

toasty

Smash Hero
thanks, I spent the entire night before playing against arguably one of the best Metaknights, period (Forte). Definitely one of the best MK at the tournament [though since we kept playing and didn't sleep, by the time the finals matches rolled around, and finals in an 83 person Brawl tournament take a LONG time to get to, he was completely exhausted, so he only got 3rd >_>] so it was pretty nice to apply what worked against a beast *** Metaknight to people who were drastically less skilled...esp since there wasn't much that worked on Forte ;____;

I'll have to look through a lot of those to see if any are noteworthy enough to post here. I'll definitely be posting one of me vs. Plank [took me some time to figure out his style, but woooow is it gay lmao..it'll help some people learn how to take on a gay gay gay Metaknight]

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
if u post that one toasty u better post at least one of the other ones, i didnt play well the 3rd match >=( u cant record if u only post the ones u do well in, thats not fiar to the ppl u play XD

toasty

Smash Hero
if u post that one toasty u better post at least one of the other ones, i didnt play well the 3rd match >=( u cant record if u only post the ones u do well in, thats not fiar to the ppl u play XD
oh of course I'll post a good deal of them. that'd be ****ed up. but I won't put the links in this specific thread, because it's to show how to do well against certain characters. I'm not sketchy like that, I hate it when people do that too...so no worries, k?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Alright Toasty I posted the vids you have so far, even the Diddy one even though the first half was awful, but we're severely lacking in Diddy vids and there were some awesome parts towards the end. I loved the first match against Tope's TL though, you can see my comments in the first post. (good thing too, the TL match we had before this was trash)

Also posted Chibo's vids, got rid of a bunch of old stuff, and added SDM's player profile. Hugs and Nacker, this is an open invitation to you guys to send me a player profile for yourselves. Please PM it to me though.

In response to SamuraiPanda: This thread is supposed to be for competitive videos that are worth watching only, so bad vids shouldn't be a problem (I know I still have a bit more weeding out to do, but that mostly happens when older vids get replaced). I'm leaving the "showing off" of ROB to the combo vids, that's really what they're for anyway. I guess I could highlight the best vids of each matchup, the ones showing both characters at the highest levels of play, but some matchups have a lot of good vids (MK for example) so I'm not sure I'm qualified to judge which video is the most representative of the matchup at high level.

toasty

Smash Hero
oh word? niiiiice

also, in the Toon Link vid, at 2:13 you can see me do the gyro charge cancel without airdodging.

EDIT: I don't recall my first Vs. Wolf match being very good. Esp because it served as a "warmup" for both of us since I had just done a 2 hour drive, and he was like "ready for that MM? NO WARMUP LETS GO!" lmao...god****it Tope. Anyway. I won't have time to watch it today, but you watch and decide, and remove if you like :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You're right, that wolf one is crap, I meant to not add it but I got caught up in the toon link match and forgot, haha

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
Alright Toasty I posted the vids you have so far, even the Diddy one even though the first half was awful, but we're severely lacking in Diddy vids and there were some awesome parts towards the end. I loved the first match against Tope's TL though, you can see my comments in the first post. (good thing too, the TL match we had before this was trash)

Also posted Chibo's vids, got rid of a bunch of old stuff, and added SDM's player profile. Hugs and Nacker, this is an open invitation to you guys to send me a player profile for yourselves. Please PM it to me though.

In response to SamuraiPanda: This thread is supposed to be for competitive videos that are worth watching only, so bad vids shouldn't be a problem (I know I still have a bit more weeding out to do, but that mostly happens when older vids get replaced). I'm leaving the "showing off" of ROB to the combo vids, that's really what they're for anyway. I guess I could highlight the best vids of each matchup, the ones showing both characters at the highest levels of play, but some matchups have a lot of good vids (MK for example) so I'm not sure I'm qualified to judge which video is the most representative of the matchup at high level.
WOOT profile thougt you would never ask xD lol kk sent it in and ****s Everyone should read the Best ROB on the EC part just because its to good

edit: crap sent you the 1st ish copy lol

edit edit: i use Silver ROB if anyone else uses him Color rights battle !

toasty

Smash Hero
**** Chzn, no love for toasty? I guess I'm just trash :( lmao, not like I need the validation or anything
>_>
<_<

but yo, as for color battles, you KNOW Fashion Sense ROB is no one's but toasty's ^_^ I call on Emergency ROB [aka Bruce Lee] every now and then to defeat annoying MKs and people who are better at dittos than I am *glares at Nacker*

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
lol Silver is the best because you can see the reflection of me kicking your *** while in the middle of me kicking your *** xD

Edit : LOL i remember you saying that at the tournament i was zoned out the whole time then i heard Kill bill emergency rob or somthing of that sort was funny xD also your the 1st person ive played that uses HomoRobo

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
btw Toasty.. after watching some of your vids... i can tell you're a very smart player, but your only real issue is that you're not aggressive enough, and don't always follow up when you can/should.... keep the pressure up and you should get ALOT better.. then again... you're already pretty good ;p

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
haha I'm not sure if I want to say Kill Bill or Bruce Lee [esp since the Kill Bill outfit is a Bruce Lee reference in the first place] but......................omg. maybe that's what happens...the Fashion Sense exudes so much HomoRob-itude (debated to be the mechanical equivalent to Captain Falcon's Man Presence) and thus.....invites you to **** it ;______;

@ Chozen: word...yeah, dunno what happened to my old style. I used to pride myself on aggression over camping and pin point accurate top drops and such...but it was good to finally come to a good tournament and play really smart players (also they all have really good DI that I don't get to face much so I'm unaware of what combos work and what combos don't)...gave me a lot of insight this time around. Nackers, if I go to the next C3, I'm bringing all of my crew GC/DC [The Gary Coleman Dropkick Coalition] and we should have a crew battle with your crew =D

ALSO I was absolute horse**** with my recoveries! People in SoVa as a whole aren't the best/smartest edgeguarders...some are, but I wasn't thinking about my recoveries well at all :( but I learned my lesson for sure. I used to wonder why OS would recover from like 8000 ft away from the stage til he got some height and then throw out some cover fire for his landing.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
wooord, where in NoVa do you live? EDIT: Nackers, if you live closer, I'm comin through son, haha, gas moniez takes priority over tricks that may not even be better ^_~ lmao

Nackers, it's all good...we really need to try that all ROB crew battle some time when all of us can go =D
Also: I think I have like 35-40 minutes of footage of us @_@ I'll only upload the best matches on both our parts though...and I'll save the rest for sake of record :) Should post a few tonight...dunno if I can accept that first match where you ran out of gas as a win as far as me beating you in a ditto...but at least Emergency Robert pulled in the V for me later ;)

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
Lol yea that match i was too cocky and was like hm im a ****ing robot i dont need gas *dies*

Anyone else notice the past 2 days have been an on going convo between me toasty and chozen ? lol in like 2 or 3 diff threads

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
BAHAHA LOOL.

its soo true >_< but seriously i live in Falls Church right off of 495 by Tysons Corner...

also if you're looking for some 6yr old girl skills just ask my gf ;p

there is a reason she's never going to a smash tourney... see at least Darkrain's lady is ugly as sin... MilkTea is just plain odd.. Kiwi... well is Kiwi.. and SnapPoP was also beaten w/ an uggo stick as a child.....

Cynthia would need to bring a raincoat w/ all of the smashers drooling over her whilst we were there.. just not kosher on soo many levels >_>

Top Bottom