• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Location Confirmed, Sending Videos* - R.O.B. Video Thread (Latest update 1/27)

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
**** snake -_- if you can toasty stay away from greg he wtfbbq ***** me and the sad thing is for the past 2 tournys hes the one who knocked me out and OS you use dair to cancel your upB but i dont see any other time that you do so also Dsmash solves 99% of my problems vs others

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
what does g-reg do? Like I said, no experience against a good Snake. only so-so Snakes who don't know the matchup against ROB and I ***** them :(

EDIT: I played The Doug today, I've never played a DK until today. man oh man. wtf am I supposed to do :(

also, does anyone else have trouble against Toon Link? I got 2nd place to this TL player in a tourney because I've never played against one :( Or does it just take time to figure out and it's actually not that bad [it was never an overwhelming loss at all, always close high damage last stock, but still...I know I'm a smarter/better player than he is.]

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
So, if anyone doesn't mind (thanks to Caesar and Ishoku already) taking a look at the vids I posted in the thread "Dullrazor's ROB vids" (or something similarly titled) and critiquing them- that'd be great.

I know they are on WiFi, but still- some critique would be appreciated. Also, I'll edit it sometime soon to include matches I had with NoNessNoProblem, some of my better ROB playing.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
**** snake -_- if you can toasty stay away from greg he wtfbbq ***** me and the sad thing is for the past 2 tournys hes the one who knocked me out and OS you use dair to cancel your upB but i dont see any other time that you do so also Dsmash solves 99% of my problems vs others
Worst Run-On sentence.... EVER.

G-reg is no problem for Chozen... gimp his recovery w/ your Dair Nacker >_> Ftilt ftw? Juggle w/ Uair ftw? Utilt ftw?

No Jones.

DK is gay.. but no impossible... just space, and use ALOT of Ftilts. He is also quite easy to combo w/ Uairs/Utilts like Snake so thats like a free 65%.

toasty

Smash Hero
okay, thanks for the advice...also @ doing D-air against Snake's recovery, chances are G-Reg will let go of the cypher, which will hit ROB before the dair hits Snake, and then he'll bomb jump his way back. G-Reg is a monster so I'm pretty sure he'll do this >_>

and yeah f-tilt seemed to be the most guaranteed thing against DK, as well as..uh...dthrow I think to uair
his range [fsmash esp] is sooo deceptive. Also: watch out for superarmor on the Donkey Punch

btw: is there a good strategy aside from camping against DDD?

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Space Really Well, and don't get grabbed. You combo him like its nothing, so really take it to heart... Chozen only really uses his Gyro to camp... and with added trixies you can get in DDD's face w/out camping, but spacing and waiting for grabs whilst holding your Gyro just in case.

toasty

Smash Hero
bosssss can't wait to play you at C3 :) :) :) I need to stop playing Melee for the next week so I don't **** up my Brawl game too badly haha

btw, any advice from you to go Mario is completely useless..."hey, what do I do against Azen in tournament" Boss: "go Mario! It worked for me (because I'm pretty much the best Mario)!"

hmmm, thanks for the advice against G-Reg...helpful or not >_>

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Toasty, word of advice against boss's mario: don't leave the ground. If he ever gets below you, you'll never see the ground again... ****in uairs

toasty

Smash Hero
your wavebounce with the gyro is great for the quickdraw, especially when you're dropping from a platform facing away from the opponent, SDM. Also being able to fast fall upB-aerials is a huge help @_@ haha I wonder if there's some cool glitch in the programming that lets you fast fall an upB-dair, but that'd be madness. Thanks for the upB guide...it's a shame really: i came to this page a while ago and ignored the "ROB Guide" for some time and actually just didn't browse through any of the other ROB threads...and I missed out on yours and on something that I can't believe I didn't know about (until a couple hours ago): Overswarm bestows ROB knowledge.

*sigh* oh well...guess I'll try and catch up on the 20+ pages...*cries* wish there was an actual quality control function on SWF so I could just click "display stuff that actually matters" and narrow it down to like...6 posts. >_>

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
thesage said:
There's also a vs. ROB vid, but let's not talk about that (also first time vs. Rob)
Haha sage is a liar, my ROB was busy kicking his *** right before he started playing crews. He could only bring me to the last stock by counterpicking MK and spamming gaynado. I was rocking his other characters.

Good **** Nacker, I like upsmash kills.

toasty

Smash Hero
Personally, I just like it when thesage dies ^_^ gave Ness mains a bad name in Melee [yeah, that's right! YOU. **** YOU. <3<3<3]

Maybe I'm bitter because some of my first WiFi matches were Lucas vs. his Ness and the lag destroyed me [unlike Nacker who ate a PKT2 in person lmao] ...**** WiFi. Jones or not, it's horrible :(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nacker!

You're spacing is really good.

However... you get hit with ******** **** :p

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I highly suggest creating some sort of "best of" or "hall of fame" for the videos here. Its a very efficient way to show off the character to those who are curious as to how good the character is, among many other advantages. It will definitely be well worth the minimal amount of time it takes in the end.

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
OH **** just got back from c3 got a **** load of vids coming up 3-4 of them include toasty the others include a kirby/gdubs and another Rob named chibo senpai

Edit: Warning please dont look directly at my skills your brain might explode

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
yayuhhhhhzzzzzz I've got a bunch of vids...but first I pass out. maybe I'll extract/upload the tourney vids tomorrow. I'll get to the Nacker dittos ASAP, though I caution you: I have NO ROBs to ditto, so Nacker/Karn/Azen all absolutely abused me for some time. *jonezjonezjonez*...eh whatever, I'll post some of the good ones :)

I've got tons of friendlies from the night before the tourney [er...morning of? We didn't sleep when we were at the hotel, we just. kept. playing. >_>] against Forte's Metaknight and Pe-....Daisy. Also friendlies against Plank's Metaknight, Neo's Marth (well, Chibo has that) and vids vs. Chibo that he has.

omg...brain...melting...goodnight.

ALSO: WTF. I found a way to jump and charge the gyro [or at the very least appear to] and put the gyro away without airdodging. Same button input, it's just an odd timing of pressing shield right as the gyro comes out. You will see it several times in the video [as well as when I told Nacker about it] and I haven't tested to see if you can immediately do an aerial either

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
Tag - SuperDoodleMan
RL Name - Steve Kioski
HomeTown - Roseville, MN
Currently Resides - Little Canada, MN
Mains - ROB
GameDesigner Should Die in a Fire for Developing - Numerous steps backward in Brawl (no camera mode, silent clanks, no instant pre-match cancel, poor online, tripping)
Loves - Surprising himself with his own awesomeness
Fears - Surprising himself with a stupid mistake

Profile - I played SSB64 with friends, then played Melee with friends, then found out about the competitive scene in mid 2003. I mained Peach because the various aspects of her float weren't widely known at the time, and even pros of the day didn't use it to the potential I saw in it (of course I wasn't skilled enough to maximize that potential, either).

I stayed with Peach because any better character was too fast for me to use effectively.

I knew I'd play ROB as soon as he was confirmed, and I did some research to find out what the heck a Robotic Operating Buddy is. FUNNY AS HELL. Gameplay vids confirmed his moveset was awesome, and the up B could be worked into combat not unlike Peach's float (also providing the best recovery in the game, which Peach sucks at in Brawl).

I have the WR times on target smash stages 3 and 5 (according to www.allisbrawl.com) and I had all 5 records for about a week in April. Vids of all are on youtube.

PlayStyle - Aggressive. I know I should play more campy, but I don't play this game to sit on my *** chargin mah lazor. I like to jump in with f-airs or n-airs, and charge the gyro in the middle of combat.

I try to edgeguard all the time, sometimes it even works! I'm still working on what to do against high recovering opponents, but I get the feeling that once I get that figured out, I can edgeguard like it's Melee.

I'm currently in the process of pioneering wavebounced Robo Burners, with decent results so far.

Top Bottom