• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live2Win presents: Fight For Your Friends! 2 - March 21st-22nd 2k9 - Montreal, Canada

Niko_K

Smash Master
Inui if you can't end up finding a serious partner would you like to team just for the **** of it?

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol inui niko is probably your best option u shud take it b4 someone else does xD
my msn is fuked up so percon are u still going?

whitegaurd

Smash Apprentice
I will be coming, paying 15$ for singles, maybe entering doubles, maybe... How does the whole entree fee work, ur paying for melee and brawl?? Also looking forward to playing you guys from outside of montreal, rarely get the chance to do so. This tourney's going to pretty hype, looking forward to it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah um I beat Ally and Holy in teams before and have a really good teams record (REALLY good) so I don't know why people would say I'm not good enough or their partner is better than me at doubles (...really doubt that's true).

Someone told me that Ambrose is both good and available.

Niko also seems like a decent option just because I like him a lot, lol.

Vidjo is also free...I think.

I really wish Atomsk was going. :(

pastaboy

Smash Champion
kk so i bought my train ticket today. i have to leave sunday morning cuz of new job training monday morning. anywho. i leaving from the Toronto station at like 7am and probobly be arriving at dorval around 11-12. I no its kinda early and you guys r still in school so il just walk around and explore till 4 or 5. If anyone lives neer dorval station and doesnt mind picking me up and/or housing me that wuld be awsome. il pay$$ if needed. thnx

kr3wman

Smash Master
No it's not. You only need a proof a residence (Ex . Green card or w/e) until june/july

EDIT : **** I should have said you did I just remembered who Inui was.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Yeah um I beat Ally and Holy in teams before and have a really good teams record (REALLY good) so I don't know why people would say I'm not good enough or their partner is better than me at doubles (...really doubt that's true).
Did they also tell you you were gullible and naive?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No it's not. You only need a proof a residence (Ex . Green card or w/e) until june/july

EDIT : **** I should have said you did I just remembered who Inui was.
Hopefully a state ID counts. I also have my social security card, debit card, student ID, an old employee ID from Whole Foods, and a Six Flags season pass that actually has a photo on it, lol. That's all the ID I have.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol yeah inui ambrose is a very good team partner but you dont know if your the best teammate -.- i have no doubt u r good in teams but me and ambrose also teamed up and beat ally and holy at obscene

Niko_K

Smash Master
Well Inui if Ambrose doesn't have a partner it would be in your best interest to team with him. Though if he is unable to team my teams record is great myself, I wouldn't disappoint.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
dmbrandon might come with us and team with me. :)

If that doesn't work out, I shall continue my hunt and probably go with Ambrose, Vidjo, or Niko.

cemo

white walker
For travelling into Canada -

I don't know if it's required, but try to bring your birth certificate to make things smoother. It counts as proof of citizenship, and might save you if you run into a border guard who takes his job too seriously.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Roughly how long is the drive from toronto? Or how much would it be for bus/train, if anyone knows it would be really helpful.

And are there any hotels close to the venue?

pastaboy

Smash Champion
train is rufly 150 if u leave friday and leave monday. takes like 5 hours by train

edit: does anyone no if snakeee and pride r still coming, i heard pride quit brawl or sumthin.

buenob

Smash Lord
it's a 4:30 drive from toronto to ottawa, and it's a 1:45 drive from ottawa->montreal... but that's if you go the "legal" speed limit... you should be able to do it in 5 hours total if you're a regular driver

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Suddenly the constant 3 hour drives I make to the GTA for tourneys don't sound so bad compared to the 9 hour drive I'll be making next weekend. I'm hearing that the guy who was going to be taking turns driving with me (Guru) isn't going anymore, so the drive will be even more fun >_>. Maybe I can con Zen into helping with the drive.

So yeah, Guru might not be coming anymore but I haven't actually talked to him yet, but Azn99 might come instead if Guru does actually drop out.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Is m2k really 100% coming to this? Cause I'm supposed to be teaming with Ally if he isn't going. So I myself have no partner atm unless KingAce wants to team with me, Inui let's team up? :laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Is m2k really 100% coming to this? Cause I'm supposed to be teaming with Ally if he isn't going. So I myself have no partner atm unless KingAce wants to team with me, Inui let's team up? :laugh:
I'm teaming with dmbrandon if he goes, and he said he's definitely going if Mew2King's ride doesn't bail on the trip. :(

I would have gladly taken 2nd in teams with you if I didn't arrange something with dmbrandon already. Oh well.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm not the right person for anyone to team with if they want to beat M2K and Ally. You'll get 2nd, but no better. I suck against Snake and M2K petrifies me and has me memorized.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Rawwwwwr. Ottawaian here. Might be coming.

Heard about M2K's possible presence. Should be good fun.

Housing needed. Will be bringing a Wii and possibly a TV.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
il post this again

kk so i bought my train ticket today. i have to leave sunday morning cuz of new job training monday morning. anywho. i leaving from the Toronto station at like 7am and probobly be arriving at dorval around 11-12. I no its kinda early and you guys r still in school so il just walk around and explore till 4 or 5. If anyone lives neer dorval station and doesnt mind picking me up and/or housing me that wuld be awsome. il pay$$ if needed. thnx. if the station is too far/incovinent for someone to get to thats perfectly fine, its liek a 20 min drive to the venue. kinda far :(

KingAce

Smash Ace
holy you should team with ambrose, he doesnt have a teammate either
me and percon are teaming and we will take 2nd ;)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Buenob do you have a teams partner for this? After I came back from that 3 to 1 stock defecit against your team, ending in a 0-death against you. Why wouldn't you want to team with me?

Oh, plus we ***** at LBT, 3rd next to Ally+Holy and MI? ****.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Buenob do you have a teams partner for this? After I came back from that 3 to 1 stock defecit against your team, ending in a 0-death against you. Why wouldn't you want to team with me?

Oh, plus we ***** at LBT, 3rd next to Ally+Holy and MI? ****.
He'll be teaming with Retlaf pretty much guaranteed.

Top Bottom