• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live2Win presents: Fight For Your Friends! 2 - March 21st-22nd 2k9 - Montreal, Canada

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Also, it would be imperative to know that since this is a very special tournament, with alcohol and everything, I hope everyone will be responsible. If something is going on, we allow ourselves the right to ask someone to stop consuming alcohol under risks of expulsion. We are adults at work here.
Yes you guys might want to avoid situations of mass puking... this could lead to you guys not being able to rent the venue again

Steb

Smash Journeyman
I know infinite replay time and customer music are no problem, but are Wiis with the no tripping hack allowed?

A new rule is being used more often in tournaments now, where hacked Wiis will have to run using the tournament organizer's SD card to insure only legal hacks are loaded. I'm just wondering if you already considered this.

zaf

Smash Lord
I know infinite replay time and customer music are no problem, but are Wiis with the no tripping hack allowed?

A new rule is being used more often in tournaments now, where hacked Wiis will have to run using the tournament organizer's SD card to insure only legal hacks are loaded. I'm just wondering if you already considered this.
dblpst

I do not mind the infinite replay hack or the music hack. They do not alter the actual play of the match. But there is to be no tripping hacks on please. Leave tripping on.

Although it seems like a good idea, i do not want to alter matches. Brawl was made the way it is and it is to be played the way it was made. There are no other competitive games which implement hacks into their rule set so do not expect there to be exceptions with brawl.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
God ****it, it's hot off the heels of Flatzone and I have 4 other tourneys and an additional trip to Montana to make this year.

Here's hoping?

swordgard

Smash Hero
I could prove to all of you that removing tripping actually advantages me and is technically an act of balancing the game, which means no tripping hack should be allowed(heck, it would advantage me, i trip twice as often as you people :p)

Edit: Oh and zaf, i believe your wii is already hacked <.< Sorry D:

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
then yes we are teaming, and i'm going to train hard for this we gotta play alot of doubles. when I come back I'm going to double or triple the smashfests for training, this tourney is looking big and montreal should be in best shape. I'll put all the details in the MTL thread when I come back.

are we still using the name fugees???

zaf

Smash Lord
clet can u house me. I hope u have an little sister ^_^ j/k but id love to be housed by you, too much fun.
"c" let is housing you, he already said so.

check the OP

I could prove to all of you t
hat removing tripping actually advantages me and is technically an act of balancing the game, which means no tripping hack should be allowed(heck, it would advantage me, i trip twice as often as you people :p)

Edit: Oh and zaf, i believe your wii is already hacked <.< Sorry D:
you can grab people, and kill them from 0-100%

dont complain about tripping

swordgard

Smash Hero
"c" let is housing you, he already said so.

check the OP

you can grab people, and kill them from 0-100%

dont complain about tripping
No, thats exactly why im saying we should not remove tripping, it is an act of balancing, which is what the community agreed on not doing. Therefore tripping should remain, it can actually save people from my grab. Which in my opinion is fair overall, if tripping was removed, it would give me an advantage over all the others. That isnt fair.

Edit: LOL, i wrote should BE allowed in the other, i meant should NOT.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
LOL

if you can hack your wii to do this, then yes Elef.
It doesn't alter the game, just the sprites, so there really isn't a problem lol.
can you hack my wii, so i can make meta knight into Galacta Knight?

I'm hoping that these guys release their work soon. Some of the texture hacks I've seen so far is really impressive.

swordgard

Smash Hero
you need a mod chip for that.
False, you can now load it with brawl hacks from the sd card. And stack is not gonna release their work. Most of these sites had a letter from nintendo saying theyd get sued if they released it. Thats why the best texture ever(meat grinder rob) was never released. Some of these hackers are however planning to move their servers where they cant be sued and then release it. I know that kittycorp(made some impressive texture like peach MK II) DOES release them though.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Mod chips are legal in Canada, and making and play back-ups for games you already own is also legal.

<3 Canada :bee:
You dont need modchips guys, theres a code in the brawl hacking thread to implement custom skins from sd card.

Edit: we should try to stay more on topic though. And get more hype. Talk about ffyf2 to your friends!

tect

Smash Journeyman
hey guys i'm 99% sure that i'll be coming to this
possibly bringing 2-3 peeps from uni
i'll be doing both brawl and melee
... gotta go start playing again hahah

Top Bottom