• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live2Win presents: Fight For Your Friends! 2 - March 21st-22nd 2k9 - Montreal, Canada

zaf

Smash Lord
For you ontario guys, the bus to montreal is really cheap right now. You can find tickets for like $20.
When you get to montreal, it will be easy to house you guys.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
o snap, then i just my train that **** then. il take it with u violent and khelder if u end up wanting tto take that train.

more ameraicans should come, i wanna meet em. :)

swordgard

Smash Hero
I can supply a tourney scene kind of mic if i find it, or a headset i guess(cant bring my laptop since im already bringing too much stuff). Add a 2nd wii for me.

KingAce

Smash Ace
swordgard.... can you please teach me how to DI? Everyone at CoT4 said I would be like a 10x better player with proper DI and Holynightmare told me to ask you lmfao

I keep dieing from gay **** at like 90-100% and the extra 30-40% survival could be nice :)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Generally just hold the joystick up for survival DI before you get hit. To get away from combo DI well you hold the joystick away from the opponent. However there are some exceptions like GnW forward smash, that you have to DI away not up. Experience will get you good DI.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Use the c-stick too...it seems to help.

Generally you want to DI perpendicular to and against the attack for survival. Like if D3's dtilt which has almost purely horizontal knockback hits you to the left you want to DI up and to the right.

DI was the hardest thing for me to get used to in this game because I used to have a habit of immediately airdodging after every time I got hit. Just takes some practice though...my DI is pretty beastly now XD.

I agree with the guys at CoT4 though Ace :p I think every time I watched one of your matches I thought "Ace needs to work on his DI"... you can ask Zen or Guru they've heard me say it a few times lol.... maybe I should have said something before.... but you don't need any more help you already beat Azen... I haven't even made it out of pools yet lol.

edit: Also DI is something you can learn playing against CPUs. Just let them beat on you for a while and just try DI'ing properly when they go for a kill; see how long you can live.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Generally just hold the joystick up for survival DI before you get hit. To get away from combo DI well you hold the joystick away from the opponent. However there are some exceptions like GnW forward smash, that you have to DI away not up. Experience will get you good DI.
Uh, this is partially true. I also deal with specific attacks and stuff like nobody XD(how to get 2% from pikachu dsmash XD). You guys know most attacks DI, i learned each and single of them lol. Kingace, its hard to explain online though, with visuals and stuff it becomes much easier. I can try to explain to you the whole thing on aim/msn or we can wait till ffyf 2. (oh and i know stuff nobody knows off... like how to avoid most of the turtle of gaw and stuff like that, pretty funny.)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
C-stick doesn't do ****, lol.

lol partially true? I have Canadian DI! One of the best DI, well maybe I tilt my DI diagonally too.. lol.

swordgard

Smash Hero
C-stick doesn't do ****, lol.

lol partially true? I have Canadian DI! One of the best DI, well maybe I tilt my DI diagonally too.. lol.
Actually lol, Cstick DOES something. I spent alot of time researching DI, i know it by heart, i can back up most of my fact. DI is also very character dependant, you dont ALWAYS aim at the corners, some characters have disproportionnate falling speed vs aerial speed(as in horizontal speed) changes, and you need to aim at different places. I also deal with the stale moves and stuff like that. Im pretty in depth into those things.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I was told by edrees that double-sticking DIing is the only way to reliably get out of Marth's dancing blade variations (the green one doesn't need you to use the c-stick though). I don't think it has much of an effect against single hit moves though. And wouldn't you normally want to fling your joystick towards the opposite corner and not just straight up? Seeing as unless you get hit by G&W's outermost d-smash hitbox, you shouldn't get sent horizontally but rather at an angle~ @_@

edit: I request a training session swordguard!

swordgard

Smash Hero
I was told by edrees that double-sticking DIing is the only way to reliably get out of Marth's dancing blade variations (the green one doesn't need you to use the c-stick though). I don't think it has much of an effect against single hit moves though. And wouldn't you normally want to fling your joystick towards the opposite corner and not just straight up? Seeing as unless you get hit by G&W's outermost d-smash hitbox, you shouldn't get sent horizontally but rather at an angle~ @_@
guys, i could give you a 5000 words essay on DI and stuff, and its possible to get out of marths dancing blade with single stick DI both of them. Actually i did write a 4500 words essay on DI(yeah call me no life XD), its somewhere on AIB, and its only 2 parts out of 4 covered. People said it was TL:DR, so instead i show it irl much faster and simpler.

Edit: I give a non complete explanation though, if anyone is willing to learn everything about DI like I did, then lol gl its really long XD.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Swordgard's gonna need a chalkboard, handouts, and 20 or so seats set up in a corner to lecture the magic of DI.

swordgard

Smash Hero
XD

Yeah, in those i havent covered stale moves, specific move DI, momentum cancelling as a whole, Trading blows, cant remember the rest right now. Yeah, while you guys were at weeklies and fest, i learned the whole DI theory from tons of videos and hours of testing.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I, KingKong, will participate =)

I have 2 friends who will participate too: Sphynxy ans YoungWarrior

swordgard

Smash Hero
Another person i invited from AiB lol

Gosh i forgot the stun function and how it works for DI too, yeah lots of stuff XD

If there was enough demand i guess i would finish the guide, the first 2 parts were really done to make sure i could find all my stuff in 1 place, but no i know this stuff by heart XD

kr3wman

Smash Master
The correct address is 2272.

2275 doesn't exist.

The venue looks cool tho. Walking distance from metro, although I'm not sure about restaurants.

Also, Fighting for your friends at a place to remember people who fought for their freedom is pretty cool.

idea

Smash Master
so what is there to do in montreal besides smash?

last time i went there i did a bunch of stuff i barely remember. i got a glass coke bottle, cause those were harder to find in toronto back then. i also went to the biodome and held a cockroach on my hand. they're kind of cute when they move slowly.

but most of the time i played golden sun 2 =D

(this is just out of curiousity, i don't expect to have time to do anything else)

kr3wman

Smash Master
Well, IMO, Le Jardin botanique is the thing to see in Montreal... in the summer.

There's also The Canadiens, walking around downtown with Fizzi recreating Snake's ftilt and Zaf dthrowing him across the metro. The museums are super cool too, especially the Science center when there's cool expositions and movies going on.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Underage too here XD, and i am a geek too. Why do you think i can write such DI articles without going insane lol.

swordgard

Smash Hero
rofl, you I allow.

I've known you for longer then most people here.
Well im a geek, but i dont like seeing science things or jardin botanique for no reason though. I just am a geek for other reasons(i play Dungeons and dragons, is that geek enough XD, though imo this game is really about statistics and optimization problems)

idea

Smash Master
Well, IMO, Le Jardin botanique is the thing to see in Montreal... in the summer.

There's also The Canadiens, walking around downtown with Fizzi recreating Snake's ftilt and Zaf dthrowing him across the metro. The museums are super cool too, especially the Science center when there's cool expositions and movies going on.
Krew is such a geek :p

But he's also underage, which is why we shall go to the strip clubs instead! M I RITE?
i would so go to the museums if i had time =P are there any dinosaur ones?!

is your science center similar to ours (the ontario science centre)? cause it sounds like it. and i like that one. it was a 5 minute walk from my high school. once we had a field trip there and the whole class just walked over. also our prom was there <_<

and...try to use shine in real life.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Try to shine irl? If your a real geek, you can make a real life reflector and SUCCEED at shining people.

Top Bottom