• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lists of All True Combos In Brawl *Discontinued*

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Happy to be of service.

Now that fewer combos are being suggested, I'll get to work on finding more percent ranges.

Niko_K

Smash Master
About your comment on my setup which included dair, to FF uair to utilt.

The hitstun on uair isnt good you're right. But it is such a fast aerial fast falled that you get to the Utilt very quickly, which has insane range.

Just a thought.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Er, okay, ****** is me. Meant D-Throw.

Lucas:

D-Throw, Double Jump(mash the jump button), Dair
D-Throw, Fair
D-Throw, Bair
D-Throw, Nair
Jab x 3, Forward-B

Also, Ivysaur combos:

U-Throw, Neutral-B
D-Throw, Up-B

I might have those mixed up, and in that case, switch the U-Throw and D-throw.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yep. Since three is a combo, everything after that is just vacation, but I'll explain the 5+.

Swarm and get four arrows Swarming;
Have one hit;
Fire an arrow straight;
Second arrow hits, followed by the one you just shot;
Fire an arrow straight;
Third arrow hits, followed by the one you just shot;
Fire an arrow straight;
Fourth arrow hits, followed by the one you just shot;
Fire an arrow straight and it hits

You have eight arrows that hit without any chance of escape. I've only done enough to know it's possible. Six. I've gotten three to swarm in a real match and with the proper spacing. It might not be practical to do during a match, but it certainly is possible.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Sonic's strongest combo :3

I tested Sonic's ASC combo further and have found that the 'perfect'/strongest Sonic combo does not rely on DI, just landing placement for the ASC and timing for the roll's jump attack, and possibly enemy %.

For more information, check the side-B/down-B discussion thread in the Sonic section. There's even a diagram on how to do it lol.

F-F-F-F-FIIIIVE HIT COMBO!!!

+40damagechars

Adapt

Smash Lord
I dunno if this has been said before, but here's something i noticed. It gives a 2 hit combo in training mode

ZSS:
late dash attack>d-tilt
By late i mean start the dash attack just before you would hit the character

works on ganon around 60% and works on mario around 70%

Revven

FrankerZ
How about...

Fox
Dash Attack > Utilt.

Always seems to work at low percents for me and it sets up for a Bair finisher at higher percents (however this I believe can be DIed away from, the Utilt cannot be easily escaped after the Dash Attack as far as I've noticed). Try it... I'm not 100% positive on it. Probably best to be put under Escapable but, give it a try anyway.

That's all I've got for now.

Browny

Smash Hater
how about sonic d-throw to dash attack...

hardly a true combo, but its undodgeable if it is timed right.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol but they can tech it :3

speaking of escapable, all of Sonic's (and probably any other character's) throw combos are air-dodgeable. Try a lvl 9 computer on stop, and they'll airdodge as soon as you throw them.

Counterable, no, airdodgeable, yes.

seems you can airdodge long before you can float or get out of hitstun xD

Adapt

Smash Lord
as far as I am concerned a "Combo" will register multiple hits in training mode, and no throws will combo using that definition. Anything that doesn't register in training mode is a string of attacks

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Wrong, Adapt. We define the combo as an inescapable string of attacks. So the mere "string of attacks", if the opponent cannot escape, is still a combo.

For example, take an infinite. It does not register in training mode as a combo. Yet, it is still a combo, since the string of attacks cannot be escaped (e.g. Fox's Shine Infinite)

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Of course, when I say it has stopped raining, a flood comes.

I've found a whole bunch of N-air combos. Some of them are very hard to do, some only work for a couple of percents, and some are plain awesome. They are for Link, Mario, MK, Yoshi, Samus, Kirby, Luigi, Diddy, Sheik, Wario, and Sonic.

I also have three new inescapables. Kirby's D-air, and Link's and Sheik's F-airs. These are very useful.

I tested every jab in the game, at various percents, in slow motion, and none of them can become a combo afterwards.

Fox's shine can't become a combo.

Another one for Meta Knight. Dtilt Trip > FSmash/DSmash/Ftilt Combo/Fair/Shuttle Loop. This one is inescapable, and the opponent trips quite often from the Dtilt. FSmash delivers most damage.

For Squirtle, Fair > Jab at low %.
I've had MK's D-tilt trip since I first made the list.

Squirtle's is added.

I think this one works for Mario at low percents but I also think you can DI out of it: Bair to Nair.
It won't work, sorry.

About your comment on my setup which included dair, to FF uair to utilt.

The hitstun on uair isnt good you're right. But it is such a fast aerial fast falled that you get to the Utilt very quickly, which has insane range.

Just a thought.
It's an excellent setup, but they can always double jump away with the right timing.

Er, okay, ****** is me. Meant D-Throw.

Lucas:

D-Throw, Double Jump(mash the jump button), Dair
D-Throw, Fair
D-Throw, Bair
D-Throw, Nair
Jab x 3, Forward-B

Also, Ivysaur combos:

U-Throw, Neutral-B
D-Throw, Up-B

I might have those mixed up, and in that case, switch the U-Throw and D-throw.
I already have Lucas's D-throw. I'm sorry, but the rest of your combos don't work properly.

Yep. Since three is a combo, everything after that is just vacation, but I'll explain the 5+.

Swarm and get four arrows Swarming;
Have one hit;
Fire an arrow straight;
Second arrow hits, followed by the one you just shot;
Fire an arrow straight;
Third arrow hits, followed by the one you just shot;
Fire an arrow straight;
Fourth arrow hits, followed by the one you just shot;
Fire an arrow straight and it hits

You have eight arrows that hit without any chance of escape. I've only done enough to know it's possible. Six. I've gotten three to swarm in a real match and with the proper spacing. It might not be practical to do during a match, but it certainly is possible.
*jaw drops* You have to capture this amazingness on video!

I tested Sonic's ASC combo further and have found that the 'perfect'/strongest Sonic combo does not rely on DI, just landing placement for the ASC and timing for the roll's jump attack, and possibly enemy %.

For more information, check the side-B/down-B discussion thread in the Sonic section. There's even a diagram on how to do it lol.

F-F-F-F-FIIIIVE HIT COMBO!!!

+40damagechars
For the life of me I can't do it. Please make video, I want to see this in action!

with ivysaur Bair to Ftilt at low %'s
Doesn't quite work.

I dunno if this has been said before, but here's something i noticed. It gives a 2 hit combo in training mode

ZSS:
late dash attack>d-tilt
By late i mean start the dash attack just before you would hit the character

works on ganon around 60% and works on mario around 70%
It can be airdodged.

G&W
Dthrow - AAA combo

Yoshi
Utilt - Usmash - Bair
D-throw can be teched, and the U-tilt can be double jumped.

How about...

Fox
Dash Attack > Utilt.

Always seems to work at low percents for me and it sets up for a Bair finisher at higher percents (however this I believe can be DIed away from, the Utilt cannot be easily escaped after the Dash Attack as far as I've noticed). Try it... I'm not 100% positive on it. Probably best to be put under Escapable but, give it a try anyway.

That's all I've got for now.
Good setup, but not a combo.

this thread is soo inaccurate **runs**
Okay then...

how about sonic d-throw to dash attack...

hardly a true combo, but its undodgeable if it is timed right.
With that logic, anything can be combined with the right timing.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
lol but they can tech it :3

speaking of escapable, all of Sonic's (and probably any other character's) throw combos are air-dodgeable. Try a lvl 9 computer on stop, and they'll airdodge as soon as you throw them.

Counterable, no, airdodgeable, yes.

seems you can airdodge long before you can float or get out of hitstun xD
All of the throw combos I have were tested against a level 9 computer in stop mode. They are true combos.

as far as I am concerned a "Combo" will register multiple hits in training mode, and no throws will combo using that definition. Anything that doesn't register in training mode is a string of attacks
Wrong, Adapt. We define the combo as an inescapable string of attacks. So the mere "string of attacks", if the opponent cannot escape, is still a combo.

For example, take an infinite. It does not register in training mode as a combo. Yet, it is still a combo, since the string of attacks cannot be escaped (e.g. Fox's Shine Infinite)
Tomato Kirby is correct, but only 1% of the combos I have, or have tested, were not registered correctly on the training mode counter.

Tenki

Smash Hero
All of the throw combos I have were tested against a level 9 computer in stop mode. They are true combos.
Ah, true. In that case, higher % ==> escapable.

It's kinda depressing that U-throw>u-tilt (oh yeah, combo btw) or u-throw>u-air only work as starter combos against reflexive opponents (cough.. lv9) since after, say, 25-30%, it gives enough time to airdodge.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Yes, there are very few throw combos, and most of them can be escaped with DI. The couple that are inescapable only work for a minuscule amount of percent.

Then there's Dedede's D-throw which can't be DId, and works at any percent.

Presbo

Smash Rookie
what is meant by "strong" or "weak" attacks? ex: strong N-air > backwards U-tilt/Dash

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
TL:

Dash trip > D-smash (0-999%)

How do you do this...?
I repeat, I have a section called, "How to read the list."

Man, the OP is going to be good after this is over, has to learn all these combos.
If you mean Original Poster, I'm not getting any better. There's little technical skill involved, especially since I do these in 1/4 speed.

lol brawl has so little comboability that you can list all the combos
A few characters still have an impressive amount of combos.

When I first made the list, I didn't think there could be more, but more keep coming. When it doubled I thought there couldn't be more. Now the list has maybe tripled in size since I started.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Aw...! Do I have to...!? /whine

It's one of those things that you try, and after awhile you get it. And just when you think you're going to push past your old best, you start to fail the easiest part of it OVER AND OVER AGAIN! (caps lock used, doubt it will be allowed)

EDIT: Aw snap! It was allowed!

IDK

Smash Lord
I LOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU for posting this and it must have taken a lot of work. good job. but im sad diddy doesnt have too much.

add: post 99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I'm not absolutely positive but it works for me every time with kirby, down air to Fsmash. If your feet hit the bottom of their's they usually trip.

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
Fox

Drillshine (must be done correctly/can't DI wrong or you will not be consecutive)
Drill > Up tilt/side tilt/down tilt/jab

of course any comboing attacks(Falcon's nair/Ness's fair/ or Fox's uair).

Elitem42

Smash Rookie
Zero Suit Samus

Down Smash > Down Smash > Down B > Kick out of it

Every time my friend, Danny, does it to me, I can't escape it.

Coney

Smash Master
I used to play Lucas a lot, and one of my favorite combos to start a match was dthrow to nair. It's easily escaped with DI, but if they don't see it coming it's an easy 25% every time.

Sorry if this has been mentioned :O

Unseen_Killa

Smash Apprentice
Nobody plays Sheik so I'm not surprised this hasn't been noticed. Anyways, at certain percents (not too high) Shiek can ftilt to fair safely. I'm almost 100% positive the fair always hits, and it can not be escaped with DI. Unfortently, I can't test this right now, so someone can either confirm this or I'll confirm this within a day or so.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Olimar-
At 0-12% dthrow, fair cannot be DI-ed from with any character.

ll Mafia ll

Smash Apprentice
For Samus.

MC Super Missile at medium range, followed by dash attack, and then transitioned quickly into screw attack.
Registers as consecutive hits in training mode.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol Captain Falcon has knee combos again.

Apparently, they count as consecutive hits in training mode, but like most other combos here, can be airdodged in between... that is, if you have perfect timing and can press air-dodge as soon as you get hit (aka ... lvl 9 computer).

Check the Falcon boards for more info :x

Top Bottom