• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lists of All True Combos In Brawl *Discontinued*

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Maybe this is one, maybe not, but I really like using it on Lucario.

1. D throw> U Air> U Tilt> Fair

Has to be done at high % or else you can't land to do the U Tilt before they land, but I really like this.

Maybe this isn't a true combo, but try it around with just a D Throw> U Air, and then trying different endings. Maybe D Throw>Uair>Fair>Fsmash. There are a lot of possibilites out of the D Throw> Uair though.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Lucas:
Nair(Avoid last hit)->Jab or Tilt of your choice

Kirby:
Fthrow->Uair->Fsmash

If the combo doesn't work, remove the Fsmash part.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's one that might be a combo for pit. It works at 0% but is DI-outable it seems:

SH>dair>dair>dair>upair

If opponent DI's downward, then a dair can be substituted for the upair.

gj on the thread man. It's coming out smoothly.

EazyP

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure this works with Bowser, but I haven't tested it on every character

Grab -> A attack until they fall out -> jab combo

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Olimar:

dThrow, uSmash, uAir
dThrow, nAir
uThrow, uSmash

You can also do a grab combo: dThrow, fAir, dThrow, fAir, and so on.

Cardd

Smash Cadet
have you tried the kirby throw hammer combo?
f-throw and then the hammer gets em from 0-23% and it works up t around 30% and after that it's DI escapable. i'm pretty sure.
Did it by accident and i use it alot now.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
have you tried the kirby throw hammer combo?
f-throw and then the hammer gets em from 0-23% and it works up t around 30% and after that it's DI escapable. i'm pretty sure.
Did it by accident and i use it alot now.
Submitted that already, and he said it's a no go.

I found out in later matches it's possible to airdodge before the hammer comes.

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
yoshi's egg toss sets up combos if it hits short range. it stuns, which can be quickly followed up with anything really (i use grabs).

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I've started on a project for the list today, and I'm 2/7 through. It's a brand new organization, and some testing with new stuff I've learned. I'm sorry, but I won't be responding to posts for a few more days until it's done.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Hum, is the un-sweetspotted Uair to Grab a true combo with Falco ?

That seems so against characters as Ganondorf (he enters in a strange animation when he gets hit by the Uair), but i can't test further.

And good luck for your new list project ^^

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
You can now begin to see the new format I'm trying. This allows me to show every possible attack after a starter. You can now decide for yourself what move you want to use based on damage, knockback, and angle.

Thanks Blad01 for the luck. This is taking a while.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
More characters added to the new format, and some new combos. I suggest looking at Pikachu and Metaknight.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Hey ! Great Update ^^

A new one for Falco here. :D

When the opponent is in the air :

FF Dair (L) :
> Jab x3
> D-Smash (it does 28%)
> U-Smash (it does 27%)

I use it a lot in my matches. However, it's escapable by techroll. But i guess that's the same for G&W Down-Throw to Down-Smash.

It may not work at low percents.

Oh and i suggest you to put the percents the combo does. That would be even better. :)

[EDIT : Oh and i see that you added combos that you refused by the past, like the Uair combo i believe ^^]

Hagar

Smash Cadet
Setup for mario: with any character in the middle of FD, position mario at either far side of FD. short hop, shoot a fireball, then DI towards the middle of the stage, and at about the same time the fireball hits, do a dash attack.

Setup for link: short hop over your opponent with a bomb, throw it at him, and go into a nair.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
marths first hit of nair can true combo just about anything, not just up B

ftilt and standard As for example

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
G&W's nair combos into up-b, if you go from the nair to the up-b without landing.

Bair does too, but it's harder. If they fly away at too low an angle, the up-b won't hit.

Up-throw (edit: or just about any of G&W's up-sending moves; the consecutive hits counter worked with uair and even upsmash) to up-b also works on the less floaty characters (I tried it out on Snake), though these are probably susceptible to DI.

Why does utilt -> up-b say high %? It works on the heavier characters at pretty low percents.

And no utilt -> utilt? Works at low %s, though probably DIable.

Fiz

Smash Apprentice
What about Falco's lasers :) ? if you hit them from close range you can grab. I'm sure that it is possible to do more stuff with it...
Also , it seems that MK's DAIR can lead into the first hit of his FAIR when the opponent has low %
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OedFPaOQZTY ( sec 15)

SamDvds

Smash Ace
a good MK combo ive been using alot (at least starting with the opponent at very low%) is d-throw to dash to up tilt. seems to work enough times to be consistant, but at higher % it can be air dodged out of i think.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
another combo with kirby could be fthrow > fair (or Uair). From there, you can also lead into a dashattack or an fsmash.

Ulevo

Smash Master
King Dedede has a Fast Fall Nair to UTilt, Rhyfelwyr. Also, his Bair on grounded opponents tripped for me three times in a row during testing, so there may be some potential there.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
This thread still bothers me as a lot of theses are not real dependable combos

but what disturbs me more is that fact you have NOTHING on the characters that can combo any character with ease.

Currently I'm working on a thread for mid to high damage two hit combos for Sheik

Theses are all inescapable. Put them up.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175241

Edit: I feel like I must add that in the lower percents this is very difficult to do constantly and is easier to do in normal speed because you can buffer a jump.

I thought you could buffer in 1/4 speed but from what I saw if I hold the jump button down while the ftilt is still active for some reason you wont jump, which make doing this a lot harder to perform theses constantly as he you have to mash the jump button.

I also shaved off a few percentages at the bottom that was exceptionally hard.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
You seem to not understand this thread. For one, its purpose is not to make judgement of what combos are good or bad, it simply lists them. But it does have resources for helping to decide the usefulness of a combo, such as showing what percents it works at (incomplete), and telling which can be DId.

I've known about the combo in your thread. The first draft of this list was only showing the different starters, and the most damaging finisher. The second draft, which is already applied to some characters in the list, is working to show every possible variation to a combo.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
i think this list may need a few fixes

Falcon's dair to fair registers as two consecutive hits. A Level 9 CPU can air-dodge between the dair and the fair, and it will still register as two consecutive hits. So in reality, you have to perform a "true combo" wrong to make it hit, a lot of the time, just so you can bait an air-dodge and punish with an attack, since most people won't air-dodge immediately, but rather when they see you going for a hit.
thoughts? made me think twice about "combos"

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
This doesn't affect the list. The consecutive hits counter isn't the end all when deciding a combo. Since You can airdodge between the D-air and F-air in your example, it would not count for my list.

The next update to the list won't be for another week or two. I'm in a busy period for my life, but I will come back to this.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Pit VS most of the cast (excluding floaty ones)

Foward Throw > Dash Attack > Up-Tilt > 1) or 2)
1) uAir
2) Bow Attack up

Works well until 40%

Up Throw > Arrow (of course up) > Up Smash
It's effective on low % due the Up Smash

RaMiNsAr

Smash Rookie
For Sheik, you can use

Ftilt, Utilt, Uair, Nair, although with too much damage, your opponent will fly to high after the Uair, so it would become a juggling situation.

Gamer212

Smash Cadet
I guess I will post these...

ROB

% low. (not sure of percentages 0-60 I guess)

Dash
> u tilt
> utilt or uair

% 0-15 light
0-35 heavy

Up throw
> fair
> usually another fair

D-tilttrip > Jab(x2) > F-tilt > Dash > U-Smash

D-tilttrip > Jab(x2) > F-tilt > Dash > U-tilt > U-Air

Peach

Dtilt+ Forward Smash (Two strong attacks in one combo. A lot of damage.)
Down throw+ Ftilt+ Up tilt (Best at low percents.)
Down throw+ Back Air (Better at higher percents.)
Glide toss+ Almost any ground move
Bowser

Jab x 1 (0% - Low%)
> Side-B

SH F-air (0% - Low%)
> Jab x 2

FooXero

Smash Cadet
For snake are you counting things such as pulling out a grenade, shield dropping them while shield grabbing the opponent then doing choke damage until the grenade explodes?

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
marth: fair, uair, utilt
i think it is innescapable until you perform the up tilt

Gamer212

Smash Cadet
More I was asked to post:

Osman said:
I discovered a bunch of true combos for Ganondorf, and all but one have been verified by the hit counter in training mode, so they're legit. I'll separate each one just because some have special notes.

Here we go:

Legend:

FH - Full hop
SH - Short hop
DJ - Double jump
(A) - Auto-cancel
> + - Continues the combo into multiple hits.
__________________________________________________ ____

D-air (A) - Low %s
> D-air (A)

Would you like to rack up 42% in two hits? Now you can.
__________________________________________________ _________

D-air (A) - Around 7% (you just need one jab to get to this percentage).
> D-tilt

You have to auto-cancel your d-airs the way it shows you in this video.

After you hit them with the d-air, as you're dropping back to the stage, ease off on the control stick. So now, instead of HOLDING down, you're just TILTING down; keep tilting and as soon as you land, flick the C-stick downwards and you have yourself a 2 hit combo.

This is the easiest way to do a standing d-tilt, crouching ones don't work. It takes practice, but it's worth it.
__________________________________________________ _________

D-air (A)
> D-smash

His only true, hit counter verified, 3 hit combo!

__________________________________________________ __________

D-air (A)
> SH Down + B

This does 37%. I haven't been able to sweet spot the Wizard's Foot so that it hits both in the air and on the ground, so it's not a 3 hit combo. Remember, you want to see the flames for this one, so don't do it directly out of a short hop.
__________________________________________________ __________

Full-Hop D-air (A) - Optimal at around 25 - 30%
> Double-Jump D-air
> + D-tilt

That is all one combo, so three different hits! :O. It's not hit counter verified, but I'll explain that later. It also does 56% damage, so learn it.

This one is probably the most difficult to do, as it's the most situational; it also only works on taller characters, so Game & Watch is out of the question. But top tier Snake gets murdered by it.

Let's break it down; basically just use the same technique you would for auto-canceled d-airs, except do a full hop instead of a short hop. You kind of have to jump at them at an angle so that the d-air actually connects.

At this point, you're both conveniently at the same height, and this is where the second part comes in. Simply double jump and d-air them again. 2 hits according to the counter.

Since you're that high, you can fast fall the second d-air with no lag. As you're falling back to the stage, prepare a standing d-tilt, using the same instructions I've supplied further above.

It's a legitimate 3 hit combo, though the counter doesn't say so. Even nailing a jab out of a Side + B isn't considered a true combo by the game, though it will never miss. The properties of that combo and my combo are the same, so it works.
__________________________________________________ ____________

More combos coming, and this one involves some 'advanced techniques.' It's called edge canceling. As well, for this one to work, your opponent must be standing near the edge.

Down + B (EC)
> U-air
> F-air (GUARANTEED F-AIR COMBO, and off the edge too...*drool*).
> N-air

You have to space your down + B so that it ends right as you pass the edge. It will cancel the cool down lag for the move, so you can go right into an aerial with absolutely no delay.

I knew about this for a while, but I'm pretty sure Sliq discovered it first, so the credit goes to him. You can see him do it here.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Don't forget that down throw combos into Down + B. That's right, do the math. That's a whole lot of ownage, not to mention giving us a grand total of THREE 3-hit combos for Ganondorf. This has to make to Smashboards and this BETTER put Ganondorf in AT LEAST middle tier. Ugh.

Anyway, here, in full notation:

Grab
> Grab hit x however many you want
> + Down throw
> + Down + B (EC)
> + F-air, n-air or u-air

I'm going to be cheap and include grab hits for this one, purely because the game considers multiple grab hits a true combo.

So for all intents and purposes, this one is a 4 hit combo!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If you'd like any help updating the list to the new format, here's ZSS' combo list.

Down angled F-tilt trip (0-29%):
>D-throw
>D-smash (very low percents)
>Neutral-B
>D-tilt
>F-tilt
>Dash
>U-smash

D-throw (low %):
>F-air

D-smash (0-999%):
>D-throw
>D-smash
>Up-B
>D-tilt
>F-tilt
>Dash
>U-smash
>F-smash
>Jab x3
>U-tilt
>Forward-B
>B-air
>U-air
>F-air
>N-air
>D-air
>Down-B

Neutral-B
>Dash
>D-throw
>U-smash
>F-smash (if close enough)
>Forward-B (high %)
>Down-B (high %, dependant on spacing)

Up-B
>Up-B (low %)
>U-tilt
>Jab x3
>U-smash

Air: Up-B
>B-air
>U-air
>D-air

U-air (low %)
>Up-B
>U-smash
>U-tilt
>F-tilt

Air: U-air (highly character, % and spacing dependent)
>U-air
>weak hit U-air

weak hit Uair (high %)
>U-tilt
>Up-B (B-reversed)
>U-smash
>F-tilt

Air: weak hit U-air (high %)
>U-air

N-air
>Dash

Top Bottom