• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Notable Players at Respective Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
And I've outplaced you more times than not ;)
Moose you ass, lol. I'm coming for all of you this weekend. I'm gonna step it up if I want to prove I'm worth making out of pools at Apex rather than rely on fraudulent seeding and dq's.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Didn't ZeRo say he wanted to switch to Captain Falcon and Shulk after Apex?
Zero says a lot of things and he ends up doing what he feels best in the end. I saw him post in the Diddy MU thread about which matchups will be the most important with customs.

Pre-Apex he said on stream that Fox was his main, but he ended up switching to finally land on Diddy for Apex. And if ya play to win...

¿Ganará Zero de Chile en EVO con el Hoo HAH?

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Didn't ZeRo say he wanted to switch to Captain Falcon and Shulk after Apex?
He's said a few times on his stream that he also wants to main Falcon (and Shulk but so far I don't see results with his Shulk, it's not very good) in addition to Diddy. He never said he'll drop Diddy, that would be a bad choice lol. But he's been playing lots of Falcon since the 3DS days and he still does. I think he most definitely counts as a notable Falcon player and he has a great combo video on Youtube for Falcon.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
No offense, but Sky being a noteable player as Yoshi makes this list seem less serious in regard of competitive play.
Srsly, no hard feelings, just being objective.

KaiserDandy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cheatmaster360
3DS FC
3840-5713-8589
Idk I'm a really good Mac. Beat Croi in Mac dittos and almost beat his Lucario
look it up on youtube can't post links

Croi (Little Mac/Lucario) vs KaiserDandy (Little Mac)

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Moose you ***, lol. I'm coming for all of you this weekend. I'm gonna step it up if I want to prove I'm worth making out of pools at Apex rather than rely on fraudulent seeding and dq's.
Can't make it unfortunately :(

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Is this only considering tournament data?
Far from it, based on some of the names both present and absent. (Mainly present, there are more than a few head scratchers on there).

Not to sound too negative. This list actually isn't too bad, these kinds of community driven lists are tough to put together. I do think it would be better if handled by each respective character board.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Guessing I was taken down from the Marth section because people don't know who I am.

I have results in a tough region (houston) and the marth boards know who I am, vids of tournament play, Can you reconsider?

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
Guessing I was taken down from the Marth section because people don't know who I am.

I have results in a tough region (houston) and the marth boards know who I am, vids of tournament play, Can you reconsider?
I definitely can, throw your tournaments results and some videos my way.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227

I tried looking you up. Couldn't find vids so I'd love to see game-play of another good Smash 4 Marth main like Rice and Mr. E supporting the character's evolution.

I definitely can, throw your tournaments results and some videos my way.
Can we put "(retired)" next to ZeRo's Fox? It's not a tournament character for him anymore. Which is why I'm confused on why his Falcon isn't mentioned but Fox is.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
kj22 is the only Marth main I'm aware of bar Mr.E that actually has results.
I wasn't aware of Rice until now, I guess he's keeping quiet in the Marth boards arena?

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
kj22 is the only Marth main I'm aware of bar Mr.E that actually has results.
I wasn't aware of Rice until now, I guess he's keeping quiet in the Marth boards arena?
Rice has a lot of tournament vids on Youtube. Look him up, you will really appreciate his gameplay. His spacing is amazing and he's constantly ranking high at tourneys in California. I heard about him just recently in this thread. I can't even tell if Mr. E is better or worse than he is.

(check the date on the videos, he got better in his more recent ones. like february vs january)

Last edited:

Timbers

check me out
Rice has a lot of tournament vids on Youtube. Look him up, you will really appreciate his gameplay. His spacing is amazing and he's constantly ranking high at tourneys in California. I heard about him just recently in this thread. I can't even tell if Mr. E is better or worse than he is.

(check the date on the videos, he got better in his more recent ones. like february vs january)
Rice only picks Marth when he's beating up scrubs. I've never seen him play Marth against anyone around his level, only Mario/Doc. NorCal is littered with players that will run like 20 different characters through a bracket if their opponent is on the lower end of the skill spectrum.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Rice only picks Marth when he's beating up scrubs. I've never seen him play Marth against anyone around his level, only Mario/Doc. NorCal is littered with players that will run like 20 different characters through a bracket if their opponent is on the lower end of the skill spectrum.
I didn't want to say this, glad someone from the area did for me :p

Timbers

check me out
I didn't want to say this, glad someone from the area did for me :p
Rice is a good player, but he plays like a dozen other characters more often than he does Marth, so I'm not sure why the hype for his Marth of all characters is coming up. Under representation of the character, I guess.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I mean, he's lost in winners finals with just Marth. I've never seen him play any other characters except Fox and Mario/Doc.

theta64

Smash Cadet
I believe you are missing two of the best little macs from california. Monkey and Xig. they have videos of them performing. They are excellent mac players. Just look up the "come on and ban" at the foundry and you will find xig on there performing quite well with top players. if you can add them that be great

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
For Samus, it's ChozX and Xyro.

We are pretty close but he is a little better as far as I can tell. Please add me?

NAKAT

Smash Champion
I enjoy the enthusiasm of trying to do something like this but the criteria for getting on this is literally non existent my man.

- Some of these players have not even taken games off notable players with these characters yet they are listed.
- Some have won tournaments with players that are not exactly high level in attendance only and are listed.
- Some of these players no longer play competitively.
- Some of these players dropped said character and do not represent them anymore.

You should really evaluate the way you do this because you do not want it to be taken as a joke, and I would like for it to be legitimate but right now it just looks like I can go to a tournament with Link do well once and get put on there.

Last edited:

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
Leffen for Zero Suit?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was thinking of Project M I think. But he has a pretty good Diddy. Then again, who doesn't?

Last edited:

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Leffen for Zero Suit?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was thinking of Project M I think. But he has a pretty good Diddy. Then again, who doesn't?
Leffen quit Smash 4 at Apex

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ Cyro Cyro , you are screwed. :p

It'd be cool as hell to watch.

Please follow up on this if it does happen. Stream it?

Anyways, getting back on topic, are there really no Falco players? Keitaro?
The issue is no Falcos have placed in major tournaments or are known as Falco mains; Falco's mostly a secondary. Like I said before, there's @pawclaw for a Falco main, but he there wasn't much from him at Apex while GimR, FOW, and @Keitaro don't main Falco - correct me if I'm wrong, GimR and Keitaro. Kato has footage on showdowngg, but I don't know if he mains Falco or Bowser and he's not that well-known.

So, are there Falco players? In general and on a broad level, yes, there are, but on a tournament level, probably not. Everyone else has players that either placed well with a character several times as a main, secondary, or even a pocket like maybe Nairo pockets Zelda which would be freaking amazing.

The early impressions, past versions of Falco, and the fact that Falco doesn't have a lot of positive major results - not like negative ones such as Falco losing at Apex leading to a character switch -, leads people to assume and believe that Falco's really bad to the point where characters like Dr. Mario, Zelda, Samus, and I bet Mii Swordfighter are better and it leads to this exaggeration of Falco was nerfed to hell and misconceptions of Falco can't do anything from killing, edgeguarding, movement, and existence. Yes, I'm being a hypocrite by exaggerating the negativity against Falco, but still.

Anyway, like Nakat said on his stream yesterday? - also correct me if I took this out of context -, a person has to place consistently and well with their character. This was on dittos, but it still applies since Nakat could lose to, hypothetically, aMSa's Fox over and over. Despite that aMSa might have a better Fox, Nakat placed consistently as Fox, so Nakat still remains as a Fox main and aMSa is still a Greninja player, especially if aMSa starts using Fox only to lose despite beating Nakat's Fox over and over.

Falco has none of that so far since he's used as a secondary by many and nobody's placed consistently high enough to be considered a Falco main. Maybe there is one, but we don't know. I don't know who plays Falco in Japan, Australia, Germany, France, England, Canada, or Mexico at the level for this list.

Last edited:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I'm willing to buy that I'm a notable Wii Fit Trainer player, but you should take my name off the Shulk list. I don't play him anymore...

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
So I took second at the Xanadu monthly yesterday. Lost 2-3 to Seagull in the second set of grands after 3-0ing him to reset the bracket.

I also got 33rd at Apex.

I've taken sets off of players like Boss, Seagull, K9, June, Logic, Acid, and many many more.

Am I good enough for the ZSS list yet? :p

Last edited:

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
For Samus, it's ChozX and Xyro.

We are pretty close but he is a little better as far as I can tell. Please add me?
I agree that you have a great Samus, but could I see some results?

I enjoy the enthusiasm of trying to do something like this but the criteria for getting on this is literally non existent my man.

- Some of these players have not even taken games off notable players with these characters yet they are listed.
- Some have won tournaments with players that are not exactly high level in attendance only and are listed.
- Some of these players no longer play competitively.
- Some of these players dropped said character and do not represent them anymore.

You should really evaluate the way you do this because you do not want it to be taken as a joke, and I would like for it to be legitimate but right now it just looks like I can go to a tournament with Link do well once and get put on there.
I updated the thread putting a "*" next to names that I haven't seen any or enough tournament results or videos. Hopefully people could help out. I also hope people help point out those people who no longer play competitively and the people who no longer represent a character.

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
That response! :chuckle:
I definitely don't want to come off as rude so I want to clarify that in my opinion I don't think your Falco is really "great".
Oh you can't do that now play the man! You rang the bell and he answered the door!

Back on topic...

Original Post.
So what I'm gathering from your post is that, at the moment in the US, Falco is nothing more than a secondary or pocket for top professionals. It's sort of disheartening, because I like Falco and you obviously do as well. Perhaps someone will advance him to the point where we can get someone on this list.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So what I'm gathering from your post is that, at the moment in the US, Falco is nothing more than a secondary or pocket for top professionals. It's sort of disheartening, because I like Falco and you obviously do as well. Perhaps someone will advance him to the point where we can get someone on this list.
Pockets are mostly top tier, high tier, or special characters like say, Little Mac on certain stages. So, someone could main Marth, but has a Sheik pocket in case stuff goes wrong. Falco's more of just a secondary except for Pawclaw, but there's no notable Falco mains yet in the US and anywhere else to my and everyone's knowledge. Hopefully there will be one within a year and it might be Pawclaw if he keeps going to tournaments or Kato if he is a Falco main and not a Bowser main or Keitaro. The thing is that people have different priorities and different lives, so maybe somewhere in the future, Keitaro says he's going to take a break or Pawclaw says he's not going to compete anymore or GimR starts to main Kirby, Jigglypuff, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mr. Game & Watch because low crouches are fun. It already happened with ESAM.

Worse case scenario is that Falco doesn't have a main until 5 years and by that time, he'd be lagging behind so much and SSB5 might be out, so everything would be moot, especially if Falco's play style changes in SSB5 even more than Fox throughout the series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom