• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Notable Players at Respective Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice
I see this as a circle jerk/who's better than who list.

I think it's a good reference list for players to look up these players, and learn from one another.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I got you bro, this match is truly balls to the wall.

http://youtu.be/IvU5RQ-nJog?t=5m1s

Pon (Ganondorf) vs Kaeguro (Pikachu)

Sorry man, tis the road the high tier ronin walks. "Low tier" heroes gain recognition more easily for going against the grain and having less top players of the same character.
I've been using Sonic since Brawl and was in the scene with him x.x. But yeah too true on the high tier part lol. I guess if it means anything I got top 10 last tourney I was in with Greninja as a sub and the same thing at a past local tourney by using primarily Greninja. I need another solid character besides Sonic so gonna focus more on Greninja for now.

NNID
Maplesirux
3DS FC
2836-0209-7506
Might I suggest another Ness?
Waael placed third in his first Foundry tourney, placing better than NorCal's top MM, Kronos2560. Only placed lower to Jeepy and Boba, two of NorCal's PR members.
Very well known in NorCal for PKT2 combos.
Waael is around a lot on Showdowngg archives.

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
Alright, I looked at some of the form responses. I am going to let it sit for a bit more to collect some more responses. I have made some small edits to the made post, by the way.

To those who have not seen it:

http://goo.gl/forms/fuLVZg92dI

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I see this as a circle jerk/who's better than who list.
Keeping it away from that is a good idea. We can try!

Anyway just a suggestion for what people can take as a standard or whatnot.

http://smashboards.com/rankings/smash-wii-u.8/league

I think names on that list in the top... 50? (60 is the default first two pages) are probably good enough to deserve being on a notable player of X list. It has its fault, but it's something tangible.

Now people who have results against these players. Probably a good arguing point for being notable.

Food for thought! I think accompanying things by videos is good!

falln

Smash Ace
only upside i see to a thread like this is if it was reworked to a player locator. if anyone has a notable player by that region's standards then you throw them in that character slot with the region placed.

a lot of us have been around the block with threads like these and if the brawl top 5 taught anyone anything that it's pursuing this as your goal is toxic.

when people start asking for videos or swf links (sorry shaya) for results it just reemphasizes the tri-state/ec circle jerk that swf holds so dearly

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
AeroLink should be listed as a notable Diddy Kong player. He got 9th place at Apex with Diddy Kong, making him the third most successful Diddy Kong player at Apex.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
only upside i see to a thread like this is if it was reworked to a player locator. if anyone has a notable player by that region's standards then you throw them in that character slot with the region placed.

a lot of us have been around the block with threads like these and if the brawl top 5 taught anyone anything that it's pursuing this as your goal is toxic.

when people start asking for videos or swf links (sorry shaya) for results it just reemphasizes the tri-state/ec circle jerk that swf holds so dearly
I would say SoCal got uploading results to smashboards on lockdown tbh.
As I say, a standard is a start. Eternal chaos is only resolved by making a rule that places a cushiony soft layer over it, not that it won't be full of holes/suck, but hey, it's something (modern democracy!). So if anyone has a better idea (I would say the list of 60 players is pretty diverse across many regions, it's pretty swell) to alleviate circlejerks, I'm all ears~

"Video" is more so a nice addition to have so when someone says "who the **** is that?" they can likely get an idea straight away. And if there is no link to a player name in some way than how is their reference anything but superfluous?

Last edited:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Would BrimeZ count for Link? I haven't seen much of him since the early Smash Wii U tourneys though.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
May i say something ?

I think It's a little unfair to mostly took people from USA ... I mean , that´s just a USA classement not Really a worldwide best player ....
I was on top 16 at a 3Ds Nintendo France Tournament , and won/top 3 on divers local Tournament on Wii U. But do That mean i'm a good player ? I don't think so , because i'm not in USA scene . And because the european scène is little so nobody care .That's why i think This will never be a good thing those thread ... Because it mostly play on hype/fame off somebody , because he show a lot on american stream/tourney, not his talent ...

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
AeroLink should be listed as a notable Diddy Kong player. He got 9th place at Apex with Diddy Kong, making him the third most successful Diddy Kong player at Apex.
AeroLink dropped Diddy for Palutena.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
>MFW I've outplaced Blitz, Ray Kalm, and Jerm in bracket before I knew they were in this list

No wonder I've been getting so many damn messages on FB from Toronto people asking for Fox. I'll get my name up there this weekend after No Man's LAN

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
>MFW I've outplaced Blitz, Ray Kalm, and Jerm in bracket before I knew they were in this list

No wonder I've been getting so many damn messages on FB from Toronto people asking for Fox. I'll get my name up there this weekend after No Man's LAN
And I've outplaced you more times than not ;)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Damn... tfw San straight up replies to me. I have a few questions though.

1. What customs do you use for Mii Gunner?

2. Why don't you play Ike anymore? (I was a huge fan of your Brawl Ike.)

3. Why can't I find any footage of your Mii Gunner in tournament :/ ? Were you never on stream? I would love to watch some of your games.
I use 3322 usually: Grenade, Missile, uppercut, and bomb drop. DownB may change depending on the matchup. I tried different setups, but I ended up having to deal with unnecessary weaknesses and noticeably improved once I switched to this one.

2. I've played almost exclusively Ike in all the other tournaments I've been involved with and I knew Ike was good in customs (first customs tournament in my region), so I wanted to try out Mii Gunner and then switch to Ike if things got tough, since the rules of all other tournaments didn't let me used my preferred Mii setup. I ended up performing beyond my expectations and didn't have to switch. This was back in the middle-late February.

3. My region's bad at recording stuff and I don't get to play on my setup very often, especially for important matches. I also don't really like to save replays all that much. Upstate NY is tiny with only a few good players then a huge gap, so the most competition is centralized towards top 3

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace

Bukowski On Ice

Smash Cadet
I'd admire the enthusiasm, but the qualifications for getting on this list are way too easy.
Agreed. I'm from Norcal and some of the Norcal players listed aren't even on the PR. The standard is waaaaaaay too low. If you want a better grasp on the players, try asking the PR panel from each region. This list looks hella silly.

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
I have updated the thread based off the Google Form responses.

Retired players will be kept on the list with a note that they are retired if people believe they deserve to be there.

It is also obvious that the criteria for the list should be more strict. It is also obvious that videos and tournament results should be part of the requirements, along with the community agreeing on their position.

If there are any objections to the changes, let me know. Odds are some people removed should truly stay on the list, so it is important that you guys tell me who should not have been removed.. Remember that this list is more strict now, before I threw some possible candidates in the list and the Google Form helped clean it up.

Change log:

- means removed
+ means added

Bowser
- MJG, WhistleSlippers
+ Kent

Captain Falcon
- ZeRo, Saiya

Dark Pit
+ Blacktwins

Diddy Kong
- SS13, Edge

Dr. Mario
- Boss

Duck Hunt Dog
- Brood

Falco
- FOW, GimR, Keitaro
No one is on the Falco list now.

Fox
- Bloodcross, Snowball Bob

Ike
- Blitz, Ryuga

King Dedede
- Uber

Mario
+ Rice

Marth
- Kj22

Mega Man
- Kronos2560, Scatt

Ness
+ Waael

Olimar
- Soulimar

Palutena
+ Iceninja

Peach
- Pink Fresh

Pikachu
- Karoegu
+ Lean

Sheik
- DKWill

Sonic
- octo

Zero Suit Samus
- Officer Jenny
+ V115

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Why was Sean removed? He's #1 in NorCal and mains Diddy Kong. I still think AeroLink should be added for Diddy because of his showing at Apex and his very strong performance with that character elsewhere.

Edit-

Why isn't Trela listed as a Charizard main? He's damn good with that character.

Last edited:

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
Why was Sean removed? He's #1 in NorCal and mains Diddy Kong. I still think AeroLink should be added for Diddy because of his showing at Apex and his very strong performance with that character elsewhere.

Edit-

Why isn't Trela listed as a Charizard main? He's damn good with that character.
Trela was added and Sean was added back. No reason Sean should have been removed.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Falco and Mii Swordsman are the only characters without a player listed. I know Falco seems relatively unexplored in this game, but damn...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Falco and Mii Swordsman are the only characters without a player listed. I know Falco seems relatively unexplored in this game, but damn...
I would be the best Falco there ever was... If I had a Wii U. :p

That and there aren't any notable, like big tournament or big results Falcos. Keitaro is on and off with Falco, GimR is, well, GimR, I don't know if Cyro has placed anywhere, and pawclaw did show up at Apex and I believe he placed in local tournaments while Kato showed up or has some results on showdowngg tournaments, and I don't know about FOW. So, yeah... I mean, even Mii Swordfighter has guys like Emblem Lord exploring him, but because of the previous rulesets against customs and limiting Mii Fighters, they haven't had any major exposure, so they get a pass, but then you have a character that can be used anywhere, but doesn't have any notable results. Even Zelda, Samus, DK, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, Wii Fit Trainer, Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt, and other sleeper/underused characters have results or something notable like Nairo using Zelda. Anyway, I digress and I'm complaining as usual.

So, nobody's declared themselves as a major Falco main and took names and kicked *** yet.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm 90% sure I have won more tournaments with Bowser than other Bowser's on the list.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
I guess being the best with a mid tier in my country isn't a good enough specification LOL

but I could use better results tbh

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
I guess being the best with a mid tier in my country isn't a good enough specification LOL

but I could use better results tbh
Well, a lot of the results I got from the Google Form weren't very good so I decided to change some of them back. What are your results currently?

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
And I've outplaced you more times than not ;)
saaaaaame to both LEL

Well, a lot of the results I got from the Google Form weren't very good so I decided to change some of them back. What are your results currently?
9th at The Come Up (National from Dec 6-7, beat Max Ketchum), and Smash @ York 5 (100+ local with San/Kid Goggles, and top players from my region present). Haven't made any upsets outside of Max, and even then I could probably be pulling better results to get on a list like this (unless you want some country diversification)

Last edited by a moderator:

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
9th at The Come Up (National from Dec 6-7, beat Max Ketchum), and Smash @ York 5 (100+ local with San/Kid Goggles, and top players from my region present). Haven't made any upsets outside of Max, and even then I could probably be pulling better results to get on a list like this (unless you want some country diversification)
For now I will keep you off of the list unless people think otherwise. :D

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Why was ZeRo dropped from Captain Falcon? It's more of a main to him than Fox is (definitely not retired and expresses interest in further development) and it's possible that he is the best Falcon due to Smash skill alone but there's no way to know for sure.

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
Why was ZeRo dropped from Captain Falcon? It's more of a main to him than Fox is (definitely not retired and expresses interest in further development) and it's possible that he is the best Falcon due to Smash skill alone but there's no way to know for sure.
The form showed that people wanted him removed, but, again, if people want him added back I will do so.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
This list is madly inconsistent, you just put a name back on the list if one random player requests it. Are you actually looking up results or are they just based on opinions? Like I mentioned before; make it clear how people get to be on the list, for example: must use this character in winning tournament sets, top 3 placing on x ammount of tournaments, etc. Keep your goal in mind of this thread; is it the most iconic players or is it the highest ranked player of that character that deserves to be on?

Timbers

check me out
I imagine running a list this massive must take a lot of work, and so I don't fault you for for what I'm about to say, but this looks really bizarre. There's a lot of players on that list that don't even place well in their local tournaments, let alone regionals/nationals.

I would honestly scale this list back a great deal and just remove everyone who hasn't done incredibly well in a national/regional, and then have everyone else trying to add people onto this list show actual results as to why these players should be on this list, or other stuff like how X character is bad and Y player still does great things with them despite being held back in bracket by terrible MUs or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom