• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Notable Players at Respective Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
But Zano have you placed at tournaments? Do people talk about you as a strong Dark Pit? Do you have video evidence? Again, we need concrete evidence that the people on the list are actually notable, such as people on PRs and such.
He was making a pun.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
you shouldnt be on this list if a top player who doesnt even play the character could beat you in dittos just by being a better player. i dont mean to knock specific players or regions but come on some of these guys being on there is a little ridiculous and just because they solely "main" a ****ty/less played character shouldnt be enough, it has to actually mean something lol.

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
I know people are saying that it's too early to make this list, but I think it's helpful at the moment so we can find good players to watch :b:
You can always edit it later, but it's a good start !

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
That Canada underrepresentation haha. I feel like Meekspeedy and Blacktwins should be here for :4sonic: and :4darkpit: or :4mario: respectively, they both place extremely well in region, very frequently in the top 3/5 and occasionally winning events.

More debatably but still notably, I would put up Blitz for a potential spot in the :4myfriends: list. Man placed 9th @ TCU with solo Ike and performs consistently in Toronto while sticking to his character, and gives most of our PR-level players a run for their money, even having taken sets off of some of them. Also debatable would be V115 for :4zss: and Ice Ninja for :4palutena: . Though I feel skill wise V and Ice would probably fit the bill they lack enough results, so it’s a tough call.

Also, I haven't watched Zhao or Poke enough to comment on them for the :4luigi: spot. Someone else from Ontario, help me out here : p

Last edited:

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Poke is infinitely better than me at the moment, and definitely a notable Luigi.

Lambnadr is also a wicked Luigi, Croi is a wicked Lucario, and Raziek is a wicked Robin.

ima getchuuuuuuuu

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
One of these days my name is gonna be somewhere on here x.x.. Forever in the shadows of NYC ;_;.

It's so not fair x.x.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
you shouldnt be on this list if a top player who doesnt even play the character could beat you in dittos just by being a better player. i dont mean to knock specific players or regions but come on some of these guys being on there is a little ridiculous and just because they solely "main" a ****ty/less played character shouldnt be enough, it has to actually mean something lol.
Then ZeRo should be replacing at least half the players on here. His general Smash skill is enough to beat most of these players in main diddos.

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Also, I haven't watched Zhao or Poke enough to comment on them for the :4luigi: spot. Someone else from Ontario, help me out here : p
Lmao @ Con Con being on the best Luigi's list. Poke is almost 100% guaranteed better.

Cyro

Airborne
Last edited:

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
There's a really good Pikachu player in Japan named Karoegu. Probably the best Pika there so far.

I can't post a vid right now but there's a match of him on Youtube vs Pon (best Ganon in Japan)

Also I think that Dakpo should be included for Luigi.

Lmao @ Con Con being on the best Luigi's list. Poke is almost 100% guaranteed better.
Is there any video of Poke? I've never heard of him before and Mr. ConCon is probably the second best Luigi so far.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Jerm and Silentdoom have pretty noteworthy :4shulk:'s

Silentdoom typically places top 10 when he goes to a tournament as far as I'm aware, got 9th place at BEAST 5, and Jerm (Distant Kingdom on youtube) makes very comprehensive Shulk guides and videos and is in general just a good player.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Who knew a thread like this would have such a reception so quickly? (oh look, delux, p3, bloodcross, FUN TIMES AHEAD~ :))

There was a likelihood one would've cropped up "officially" eventually (because as you can already see, it's a pretty messy business).
This is also primarily reflective of "common viewership" rather than results or other things to draw on. Seclusion of various scenes doesn't help either.

For the sake of your sanity and ours, don't expect a super long-lasting thread, and I would suggest you (and posters) take this as an opportunity to be more educational/heralding than competitive (which caused so much drama in the past) X is definitely better than Y stuff.

Last edited:

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
9th at The Come Up and 9th at a 100+ local (Smash @ York 5). I can post results and me beating max ketchum if that matters at all

Also Red X for notable Rosa; places well when he attends, best Rosa in Canada... give him some time and we'll see some nasty results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
To clarify, this thread is not meant to be "Player X is better than Player Y," rather, it is meant to be a comprehensive list of the best / most notable players for each character. I have something planned where I can organize everything and people can easily access videos and even more.

Alright, guys! I updated the main thread. You may notice that some of the list for characters are getting quite large, but that is just for the time being. I am making a questionnaire / survey to see what people would like to see with this thread as well as some other things. It should be done some time tonight (PST).

Thanks for the help so far, everyone.

Last edited:

Jdawg26

Smash Apprentice
Snow/Snowball Bob should be up there for Fox imo. The guy consistently gets top 8 at Xanadu and is a solid player all around.

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
The Google form is now ready for responses 3/10/15 1:30 AM EST:

http://goo.gl/forms/SPpr6oj3ji

None of the questions are required, so you are free to choose what questions you want to answer! I hope this can help the progression of this thread. :)

Last edited:

Regi_King

Smash Rookie
NNID
RegiShikimi
Regi Shikimi as a notable Palutena too? I have "proof" to back it up if it is necessary.

And Hyuga as one of the best Toon Links I have seen, both from Mexico.

Last edited:

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
Does OCEAN play Smash 4? I remember him being a top R.O.B. in Brawl but I haven't seen any video of him so far in this game, so it confused me to see him on the list.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I don't think this matters since it's more about who to watch than a resume builder.

Who knew a thread like this would have such a reception so quickly? (oh look, delux, p3, bloodcross, FUN TIMES AHEAD~ :))

There was a likelihood one would've cropped up "officially" eventually (because as you can already see, it's a pretty messy business).
This is also primarily reflective of "common viewership" rather than results or other things to draw on. Seclusion of various scenes doesn't help either.

For the sake of your sanity and ours, don't expect a super long-lasting thread, and I would suggest you (and posters) take this as an opportunity to be more educational/heralding than competitive (which caused so much drama in the past) X is definitely better than Y stuff.
why am i listed in fun times crew LOL

Last edited:

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice

I think common viewership is a good reason for players to make the list, because it can help newer or aspiring players use this as a resource to see a name, and go look up videos of that player to help themselves improve. :)

Ice Ninja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Iceninja77
I got 17th at my very first tournament with 120+ entrants and had high level players all across Canada + Nakat at Neo Canadia 5. After that I placed 9th at 100+ local, Smash @ York 5 (same placing as Blitz) and I started placing well at some smaller tourneys recently (Third place) but which still had some top players from our scene as :4palutena:.

Tournament Results
I would say V115 is a notable :4zss:. He hasn't attended too many tournaments but those he has, he has placed very well and he's a top ZSS back in the Brawl days.
I'd also nominate Poke for:4luigi:and Blacktwins for :4mario: and :4darkpit:. Both of them get consistently high or top placings in a lot of tournaments.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
On the Ganon side, I will just state that I recently learned Pon did actually place in the top 32 in a 120 man event on the 3DS.

But more importantly, I am currently not in favor of this topic. I don't believe at this point we are organized enough to fairly create a meaningful list of "notable players" for all characters. As the creator of the SSB4 Ganon Community Tier List, I hope you understand my perspective when I say that it's by all means not an easy thing to manage tactfully, and this is just for a single character. Given how logically, we know that we have limited perspective on who deserves recognition, I created my thread with this expectation hoping that slowly I would attract more attention from other Ganon users who I wasn't aware of, and give them time to integrate themselves within the community.

I can't see how this thread in particular is able to accomplish much of anything, other than being potentially a glorified video thread (or names to look up on other sites more or less). Certainly, that's part of how my own thread operates too with video highlights to justify placements, but my point is I don't think this thread is really sensitive to the sheer scope of what it's trying to do. I'm not seeing how this thread will be managed, and furthermore if ultimately throughout the inevitable clutter this will really give us legitimately productive and accessible discussion.

Currently, I believe the best way to approach this is to do it by character forum, where preexisting resources and players for those characters are condensed.

Last edited:

Blueberry Kong

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DKbill
I think you should remove the retired players. I also think you should remove players who barely even play the character... i.e. San playing as Mii Gunner. Also, feel free to add DKBill for DK ;) I haven't even been to a tournament yet... But I've been playing Will a lot - as well as studying him, so I'll prove it to you later.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think you should remove the retired players. I also think you should remove players who barely even play the character... i.e. San playing as Mii Gunner. Also, feel free to add DKBill for DK ;) I haven't even been to a tournament yet... But I've been playing Will a lot - as well as studying him, so I'll prove it to you later.
I used all Mii Gunner at the last tournament I went to and placed well. Other tournaments limit it too much for me to use, even though I really wanted to. A tournament that I could've went to in a neighboring city a week ago even had a "Miis are banned" rule and was the biggest reason I didn't go.

Last edited:

Player-3

Smash Hero

i wasnt in this thread shaya

but i am now

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
So I won a tournament or so with Sonic. Placed Top 4 and Top 10 in two tourneys this past weekened. Usually places high in tourneys I go to and beaten big name players. Also well known in my scene and many others can vouch for my Sonic (And very shortly at some point Greninja and Mii Gunner). You can look up my name on youtube, I have a few tournament matches on there. Also can see the Sonic tournament results (Which I have to update with my recent placings). So I actually have I place in the Sonic section at least methinks.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Do we really have to nominate ourselves? That doesn't sound right to me.

Blueberry Kong

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DKbill
I used all Mii Gunner at the last tournament I went to and placed well. Other tournaments limit it too much for me to use, even though I really wanted to. A tournament that I could've went to in a neighboring city a week ago even had a "Miis are banned" rule and was the biggest reason I didn't go.
Damn... tfw San straight up replies to me. I have a few questions though.

1. What customs do you use for Mii Gunner?

2. Why don't you play Ike anymore? (I was a huge fan of your Brawl Ike.)

3. Why can't I find any footage of your Mii Gunner in tournament :/ ? Were you never on stream? I would love to watch some of your games.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Do we really have to nominate ourselves? That doesn't sound right to me.
I would think so since you can't expect the OP to know every single player for said character (Especially for lesser used characters sometimes). Sometimes self promotion is needed to get noticed imo.

Me personally I see a lot of NYC/Nebulous regulars on this list like John Numbers, Zee, Mike Kirby, etc. I'm happy and proud of those guys. Kinda disappointed I wasn't one of the ones nominated for Sonic after all the work I did as far as tourney representation/placings goes. Almost like my work with Sonic was for nothing but no sour grapes here. Too many Sonic's I guess??

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
There's a really good Pikachu player in Japan named Karoegu. Probably the best Pika there so far.

I can't post a vid right now but there's a match of him on Youtube vs Pon (best Ganon in Japan)
I got you bro, this match is truly balls to the wall.

http://youtu.be/IvU5RQ-nJog?t=5m1s

Pon (Ganondorf) vs Kaeguro (Pikachu)

I would think so since you can't expect the OP to know every single player for said character (Especially for lesser used characters sometimes). Sometimes self promotion is needed to get noticed imo.

Me personally I see a lot of NYC/Nebulous regulars on this list like John Numbers, Zee, Mike Kirby, etc. I'm happy and proud of those guys. Kinda disappointed I wasn't one of the ones nominated for Sonic after all the work I did as far as tourney representation/placings goes. Almost like my work with Sonic was for nothing but no sour grapes here. Too many Sonic's I guess??
Sorry man, tis the road the high tier ronin walks. "Low tier" heroes gain recognition more easily for going against the grain and having less top players of the same character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom