• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of characters that can infinite/CG DDD

Jupz

Smash Master
Well everyone is focuing on who DDD can chain grab but I noticed we dont have a list of characters that can infinite/CG DDD and what percent they can CG him up to. It might make people more aware with certain matchups.

Character:
Infinite move -> Finishing Move:
Percent you can break out (if any):
How to avoid the infinite:

Stage Infinites/Chain Grabs

These are the infinites that can be done on any stages and so most importantly can be performed on neutrals. Try your best to memorize all these!

Falco
Down Throw -> Down Air/Gatling Combo/Boost Smash
->54% (I think, can someone help me out)
Tips: Try not to get grabbed at a low percent, you shouldnt be able to outcamp falco so use your grab range over his to try and avoid the chaingrab. Spotdodge if possible but watch out for punishing. Try and make him work up the percent slowly without chain grabbing.

Pikachu
Down Throw -> Down Smash/Up Smash
->60%(Needs testing)
Tips: Don't get grabbed this chaingrab is deadly.

Wario
->Standing infinite boost grab
Dthrow, boost Dthrow until around 192%
Tips: This is Wario's infinite on D3, Very hard to time, impossible online, but D3 can't get out of it. Thats basically it.

Ice Climbers
D-Throw / F-Throw / B-Throw -> Any move
->Infinite ( The D-throw chaingrab is NOT an Infinite)
Tips: They grab you once you lose one stock(If they don't mess up) , play a defensive game and feel free to spam your Side-B and being a Campy *****

Lucario
Side-B -> Fsmash / Fair
-> 38%
Tips:If you press shield just when he Side-B grabs you for the 1st time the grab will break and you will be safe if you don't press shield at the 1st grab you won't be able to get out till you get to 38%

Marth
F-Throw -> Dash Attack / Fair / Nair /Dair
-> 50%
Tips: At 0% if they F-throw you they can follow up with a tippered F-Smash, this chaingrab isn't meant to rack up damage its meant to give Marth a good position over his enemy and get a phew Fair's and Nair's out of it.

Yoshi
Grab Release -> Fair
->Infinite
Tips: Pretty hard to time.

Bowser
Grab Release -> Neutral A/Side B
->Infinite
Tips: Well DDD has the advantage here so use your small step CG. Make sure you get the first grab :p

King Dedede
Down Throw->Ftilt
->Any %
Tips: Give it back to him :p

Pikachu
Forward Throw -> Upsmash
60%
Tips: Abuse your grab range and try to stay in the air and beat out his arials with bair.

Wall Infinites/Chain Grabs
These ones can only be performed next to a wall such as Shadow Moses Island.

Marth
Dtilt
->%??
Tips: Try to stay away from walls against marth. If he tries to get overly aggressive punish him with a shieldgrab :p

Metaknight
Dtilt
->%?
Tips: Similar to Marths.

Mr. Game and Watch
Dtilt
->%?
Tips: Similar to Marths.

Ledge Infinites/Chain Grabs
These infinites can be performed at a ledge of a stage or platform. These can also be performed on neutrals.

King Dedede
Down Throw->Ftilt
->Infinite
Tips: Give it back to him :p

Snake
Down Throw -> U-tilt/Side-tilt
->Infinite
Tips: Snake can infinite Dedede at the ledge of the stage, theres no way you can break out of this so you gotta wait till the Snake player screws up because this needs perfect timing to do, and if the Snake player never screws up you're practically dead.
So in summary don't play at the ledge too much vs Snake.

Contribute as many tips to how to get out of each matchup please, and list as many CG's/infinites as you can find :)

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Pikachu
Down Throw -> U-Smash / U-tilt
->60%
Tips Evade the grabs, this chaingrab racks up damage very fast.

Snake
Down Throw -> U-tilt/Side-tilt
->Infinite
Tips: Snake can infinite Dedede at the edge of the stage, theres no way you can break out of this so you gotta wait till the Snake player screws up because this needs perfect timing to do, and if the Snake player never screws up you're practically dead. :(
So in summary try not getting tech chased and don't get too predictable when fighting Snake.

Ice Climbers
D-Throw / F-Throw / B-Throw -> Any move
->Infinite ( The D-throw chaingrab is NOT an Infinite)
Tips: They grab you once you lose one stock(If they don't mess up) , play a defensive game and feel free to spam your Side-B and being a Campy ***** :)

Lucario
Side-B -> Fsmash / Fair
-> 38%
Tips:If you press shield just when he Side-B grabs you for the 1st time the grab will break and you will be safe if you don't press shield at the 1st grab you won't be able to get out till you get to 38%

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Marth
Fthrow->Ken Combo or just Dair
Any percent, though at very high percents (>130%) I believe it gets slightly harder for Marth to do
Tips: This chaingrab is used by Marths more for positioning than damage since Marth's fthrow only deals 6 percent or something low like that when it's fresh. It does, however, put them in a great position to Ken Combo or dair if you're already off the stage. The best thing to do is simply space yourself out of their somewhat small grab range using ftilt and Waddle Dees throughout the match.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I don't have the exact percentage on IC's CG on DDD, I'll look that up later when I am out of school.
Note, their CG's are not one of their infinites... by that I mean their Dthrow to Fair CG and Popo's solo Dthrow chain. IIRC solo Popo can get to around 25% with his grab, and the Dthrow to Fair will last until around the same area until you land on the ground from the Fair and not in grabbing position. So I think in total when you add in the Fair to the last possible throw in the grab it can be towards 40 or 50 depending on if they attack in the grab and stale moves. Also watch out for the spike at the end of the stage the same way as Falco's. It is possible to DI out of the spike if they Dthrow you at the end of the stage however a good IC will have Popo hold the player at the end of the stage as Nana spikes you out of his hands allowing you to not get away from the spike.
IC infinites = <3
Their Fthrow infinite will run out of room eventually because it moves them forwards so that will last as long as the stage allows unless the player can also perform a Bthrow to reverse direction. Bthrow switches their direction each time though so there is no movement...
Luckily DDD can easily get rid of Nana... get her off the stage, Bair Bair Bair... That can even turn into a kill against Popo if he goes out to save her and fails.
Abuse your grab range and overall attack range and you should be able to kill Nana before problems arise.
Not to mention the posibility that the IC messes up the perfect timing needed.

smaci92

Smash Lord
ice climbers can infinite D3 in so many ways, but the easiest chainthrow for heavyweights like D3 IMO is:
Popo dthrow, nana bthrow--> Popo pivot grab. repeat over and over again till you charge a smash and he dies....

Buuman

Smash Ace
I request this to be stickied, or at least added to the char matchup thread for other Dedede mains.

Common knowledge to me but I still like this thread. ^_^

Jupz

Smash Master
yeah i agree ^^ lol most people focus on who their character can chaingrab not the other way around so it will be good for us :)
anyone got anything else to contribute?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's not a true infinite, it's just a techchase out of Snake's dthrow. You can get out of it if they don't figure out where you're going and regrab you.

Snake can infinite us on the ledge though.

TheWaft

Smash Journeyman
Illinois--I live in a suburb of chicago. Looking f
Gannondorf--> Down Thorw/Down Throw/Forward air
This can only be done at low percents, but this will give you about 30% and is a good setup for a spike kill.
Tips: After the first down throw, DI up and away from him, and if you get in grab range again, you can nair because gannondorf's grab range doesn't go far.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
well its not an infinite, or really a cg.

but kirby can destroy D3 if he doesn't smash di perfectly to...
about 60% w/o trying...

then fsmash.

don't get caught up in that. and if you don't believe me... try MD/VA kirbys cause yours suck

Popertop

Smash Champion
no.
D3's spot dodge is too good.
I can chase out of it though.
Like, if you spot dodge I can run past you and pivot grab.
If you roll to either side of me I can running grab.
And if you attack I can Fsmash or shieldgrab.
It's not that great really just some tricks.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Just something to add: Marth can CG with fthrow twice or 3 times (i forgot) into dair spike. it sets up for a stage spike really well for marth since D3 cant get fast vertical movement with his slow, multi jumps

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I tested the Ganon F-throw / D-throw CG and it doesn't chain you can shield jump and spotdodge.
Ganon is too slow to catch Dedede after he throws him. XDD

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Wario
Standing infinite boost grab
Dthrow, boost Dthrow until around 192%
This is Wario's infinite on D3, Very hard to time, impossible online, but D3 can't get out of it. Thats basically it.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Yoshi has a grab-release CG on Dedede. However, it's tough to pull off, and requires perfect timing.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bowser can chaingrab Dedede pretty easily with his grab releases. Whether it's a jump release or a ground release, Bowser can grab him again. So Dedede will be chaingrabbed as long as there's still stage left.

Kind of useless though, since using Bowser against Dedede is insane.

Top Bottom