• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Best Players at Respective Characters

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
really thinking that anther should have honorable mention for pikachu and also Vinnie for climbers

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Correction, 3-5 were MX, Hades, and Firefly cause you were taken off after your profile picture turned into a pony.
I honestly forgot about hades despite seeing him more often than other Yoshi's. Yet that's not saying much since that's 2 or 3 times every 2 months on league as he slowly decays from diamond to gold.

D

Deleted member

No slayerz on HM for peach is silly
also, no anther isnt even as good anymore. Loses to samus. Z is much better at this point.

Salem

Smash Champion
>Choco being over me on Zss, more or less, any Zss being over me.

No, I demand this to be fixed considering choco has not played or beaten any of the US players to my knowledge, while I had beat US and Japanese players during Apex 2013, some of the best.

Well, the point is that a person who has not played outside their region cannot really be expected to be the best without proof. While things may have been a year ago they are still results of playing with people outside your region. I call that a better a example than a person who might not have ventured outside their region.

Do realize I am defending argument for sake of argument not the actual position of Salem lol I have no knowledge on anything recent with Brawl.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
>Choco being over me on Zss, more or less, any Zss being over me.

No, I demand this to be fixed considering choco has not played or beaten any of the US players to my knowledge, while I had beat US and Japanese players during Apex 2013, some of the best.
The thing about you vs Choco is that Choco has had more than 1 good tournament, and Choco is still good right now.

Going by the most recent results I can find, you got 17th at SKTAR 3 beating Waldo and DRN. Good wins buddy.

At Umebura 5, Choco finished 2nd behind Edge, ahead of players like RAIN, Otori, Kakera and Kie. I don't know his wins, other than 3 stocking Brood, because the only bracket I could find is in Japanese and I don't read Japanese http://livedoor.4.blogimg.jp/piosma/imgs/1/7/17b9796f.gif (looking at this and knowing what the results were, it looks like he beat both RAIN and Edge on his way to GFs and then lost to Edge in 2 sets in GFs)

In conclusion, Salem if you want to still be considered the best ZSS, you should probably go beat some good players.

D

Deleted member

Choco top 3'd his FIRST tournament. He's beaten otori on multiple occasions. He also got 2nd at KVO2014. He is more consistent than any of the other ZSS's in a considerably more alive and harder region AT THIS POINT.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
as soon as I saw that you created this thread and I posted in it and I thought that you would see that I posted in it I knew that you would think that you knew exactly what I was going to post

and i was right

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
as soon as I saw that you created this thread and I posted in it and I thought that you would see that I posted in it I knew that you would think that you knew exactly what I was going to post

and i was right
bolded: wat

ellord

Smash Apprentice
From what i saw on youtube, i think Yui is a better Fox than TKD. About choco vs Salem, i think you should judge by watching matchs and not tournament result. Salem has a better air game (recovery inclued), item use and anticipation/adaptivity. But i think the main advantage is Salem is unpreditable for most of people.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Olimar - Brood
Fox - Sodrek
ROB - Luminous
Sheik - Scary
Luigi - ConCon
Samus - quiKsilver
Ganondorf - Dio

Should be about right.

:059:

D

Deleted member

Olimar - Brood
Fox - Sodrek
ROB - Luminous
Sheik - Scary
Luigi - ConCon
Samus - quiKsilver
Ganondorf - Dio

Should be about right.

no to fox, sheik, samus, and ganon. Dio mains snake and doesnt use/win with ganon in tournament (his only recent use of ganon was vs 9b's ics in a 3v3 crew). Verm/DLA are much better tho.
TKD/Yui have much better wins than sodrek. TKD is also still active, so the argument of inactivity is invalid. Sheik would be cross because he has very solid wins in west japan where Ed lacks the quality of those wins. Samus is YB. End of discussion.

D

Deleted member

From what i saw on youtube, i think Yui is a better Fox than TKD. About choco vs Salem, i think you should judge by watching matchs and not tournament result. Salem has a better air game (recovery inclued), item use and anticipation/adaptivity. But i think the main advantage is Salem is unpreditable for most of people.

Wins/results>>>>videos. If this were judged by videos many flashier players would be here rather than the best of each player.

That said, i still don't understand why PSP isn't on the TL list...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Virtually all the players you mentioned are inactive, haven't entered any tournaments in a while, don't have any notable recent wins with the character or use a different character alltogether now. The only ones I'm not 100% sure about are TKD and Cross who might still be playing but whom I haven't heard about in a long time.

ellord

Smash Apprentice
Wins/results>>>>videos. If this were judged by videos many flashier players would be here rather than the best of each player.

That said, i still don't understand why PSP isn't on the TL list...
There is a différence between loose a close match and really loose, you must also consider the level of his opponent and what he can do against each character. The ability to read, react, spacing, recovery, combo, the game itself is far superior than tournament result, not having the money to go to Japan doesn't decrease skill. In Olympic we consider the best with the best ability and his score is written in à book until someone beat him even if he's inactive, not the one who win the most tournament in his region. Same goes for brawl, the best is the one with the highest skill. In your case, your thread should be named most reputed brawler for each character.

You have your opinion and i have mine. Just telling you im not alone to think same.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
The same doesn't go for Brawl because with the Olympics you either have records that are objectively measurable (eg distance of thrown shotput or running long jump or w/e) or you have arbitrary scores given by expert judges that are supposedly impartial. These things are easy to keep records of. In the former case it's pretty clear who did better (the only confounds are things like the wind or human error in measurement) and in the latter...well, it's debatable how accurately the judges' given scores reflect the performer's skill.

With Brawl the only thing that even comes close to this is set count and the stocks+% at the end of each game, but to translate this into total skill is vastly more complex and involves a lot of subjectivity, which is what the OP is trying to avoid (presumably)

TL;DR Bad analogy because Brawl and Olympics are vastly different

D

Deleted member

There is a différence between loose a close match and really loose, you must also consider the level of his opponent and what he can do against each character. The ability to read, react, spacing, recovery, combo, the game itself is far superior than tournament result, not having the money to go to Japan doesn't decrease skill. In Olympic we consider the best with the best ability and his score is written in à book until someone beat him even if he's inactive, not the one who win the most tournament in his region. Same goes for brawl, the best is the one with the highest skill. In your case, your thread should be named most reputed brawler for each character.

You have your opinion and i have mine. Just telling you im not alone to think same.

It's not an opinion though, results are widely known as the best way to measure best of peoples skill. If salem was consistent, he'd be better than choco right now, simple as that. Salem has beaten 2 of the japanese players that Choco has beaten as well. He's beaten otori on multiple occasions. If it were about close games this list would be a whole lot different.

If you guys really wanted this to be easy since a lot of people are unaware of the japanese results, you should have put best US/CAN/MEX. Just sayin.

I still don't see psp on that TL list tho....

D

Deleted member

Virtually all the players you mentioned are inactive, haven't entered any tournaments in a while, don't have any notable recent wins with the character or use a different character alltogether now. The only ones I'm not 100% sure about are TKD and Cross who might still be playing but whom I haven't heard about in a long time.

Just because you haven't heard of them in a while doesn't mean they don't play. TKD was seen at a tournament about a month ago and is still #1 in his region. Cross has been active. Daiki/Earth are still a bit better than Ed too, and theres no question about their activity.

D

Deleted member

But like for ganon, Dio doesn't have any notable wins either. YB has moved to the US (Washington), but he was definitely active before that. I don't think theres anyone on the level of YB's samus.

ellord

Smash Apprentice
The fact is still the best is the best and not the one who win more often in a différent country against different players. We cant measure everything accurately but it doesn't mean we cannot judge skill. I can say for example mikeneko has a better grap meteor and place better finisher and kill and lower percent while mr.r manage more variety of combo because I just see it in everymatch. If i see a iceclimber drop grap usually but still win because the metaknight gave too many chance to do it and this same metaknight win against a other iceclimber that never drop his chaingrap because this Time he gave no oppotunity. I won't say the 1st IC is better, i'll say it was à bad day because i judge by watchingt the match. If a guy loose the 1st round of a single elimination because he was against the best player but the match was pretty close, after he finish the tournament without any challenge because they was all bad. I won't say the Guy was the worse player in this tournament, i'll say he's the 2nd best.

You can subjectively judge someone by his skill shown in a match, but you cannot judge by tournament result.

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
Olimar - Brood
Fox - Sodrek
ROB - Luminous
Sheik - Scary
Luigi - ConCon
Samus - quiKsilver
Ganondorf - Dio

Should be about right.

I mostly agree with this (including Brood for :olimar:; I changed my mind after my initial post). But 1) who is Sodrek?!?, and 2) I'm not sure if Luninous is active (if he is, he's definitely > 8BM though).

EDIT: Found some blurry footage of Sodrek kicking ass; list him IMO.

Last edited:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I mostly agree with this (including Brood for :olimar:; I changed my mind after my initial post). But 1) who is Sodrek?!?, and 2) I'm not sure if Luninous is active (if he is, he's definitely > 8BM though).

EDIT: Found some blurry footage of Sodrek kicking ***; list him IMO.
Interesting, when Leon was here in Toronto he told me Quik doesn't really play Brawl anymore. Glad to see he was wrong :)

You can subjectively judge someone by his skill shown in a match, but you cannot judge by tournament result.
Bolded part: Yeah we know, that's what we're trying to avoid here
Unbolded part...
WAT

Besides, even if we judge it subjectively by looking at how they play their matches, I think Choco is better.

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
Interesting, when Leon was here in Toronto he told me Quik doesn't really play Brawl anymore. Glad to see he was wrong :)
Well the set is from early 2014 so he might be right (I don't remember when Leon was in Canada). Sadly, that's probably the last relevant thing Fox has done, so Sodrek wins Fox despite beating a player who might now be "inactive."

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Quik still plays Brawl. He only missed the last big tournament in germany because he was sick. However, he's in attendance of a tourney that's happening right now.

Top Bottom