• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Best Players at Respective Characters

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
44 entrants at KTAR 8 Zero 2nd, Nairo 7th
33 Entrants at KTAR 9 Zero 1st, Nairo 3rd, Zero beat Nairo
54 Entrants at WHOBO MLG Zero 1st, Nairo not in attendance
97 Entrants at SKTAR 3 Nairo 2nd, Zero 4th - Nairo beat Zero
370 Entrants at APex 2014 Nairo 1st, Zero 2nd, Nairo beat Zero

When it matters (ie. higher stakes), Nairo steps up proves that he's better than Zero is.

Also Zero has been focusing more on Melee and PM than Brawl recently, by this point he's probably not as good as he was when he played the game more.
Good points. I'll adjust the list accordingly.

D

Deleted member

Then try explaining this? Also, try doing it without making any personal attacks.
LOL YOU REALLY LINKED THE VIDEO IM DONE
Clearly if getting jv 2 stocked is ALMOST winning and ALMOST winning makes the cut, then alot of these are inaccurate.
So since Scizor ALMOST beat ZeRo with link, ZeRo must not be the best mk.

Also, Luminous>8bitman. Luminous has wins on rain and others i can't remember atm.

Mikeneko didn't quit tho, he just hasn't been able to attend singles and only makes it for doubles which is disappointing :/

I'd actually have to say PSP has an edge over SIGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA for TL.

Djent

Smash Champion
Eh, Shiny Mewtwo does make good points RE: Nairo. Some of the wins I'm thinking of for Zero come from 2013, so I guess they shouldn't count if we're not counting similar wins for Salem/Mikeneko/etc.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I already said I outplaced him at the last tournament we were both at, but that's fine. Raptor knows the truth. :awesome:
The truth is one tourney doesn't account for everything. I didn't really think either of us had an edge on the other which is why I said both of us. I had the most results and wins out of the Yoshis but you weren't entering anything so it really isn't fair. MX was also good but he didn't go all Yoshi much (he tried to beat you with Falco etc) and also wasn't pulling in as many results.

Also, whoever said Salem shouldn't be the best ZSS is nuts.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I think "bloody casual" is like the word "******"

The more you use it the more I think you secretly are one and are too ashamed to admit, so you lash out at others.

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
Salem has barely done **** in the past year, whereas Choco has some *very* decisive wins over great players. I think it's "nuts" how one incredible tournament has propped up his reputation in the face of numerous lackluster performances.

...Although, I've come to expect it. The same thing happened with NickRiddle after MLG, when Salem was the up-and-comer.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Salem has barely done **** in the past year, whereas Choco has some *very* decisive wins over great players. I think it's "nuts" how one incredible tournament has propped up his reputation in the face of numerous lackluster performances.

...Although, I've come to expect it. The same thing happened with NickRiddle after MLG, when Salem was the up-and-comer.
Good point; Salem's only really good performances were at Apex 2013 and Collision 8 (latter didn't have that many Brawl entrants). However, I'm going to need more info on Choco. Those videos are great, but do you have any tournament data on him?
Captain Falcon should honestly be switched over to Stroumbert.
Who?
Re-reading the OP, Blue Ninja Koopa did you really fall for the Toon Link trolling? MJG is the best Toon Link.
Sorry. Despite my join date, I'm kind of new. :$ Though I did sense some trolling. Changed.

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The truth is one tourney doesn't account for everything. I didn't really think either of us had an edge on the other which is why I said both of us. I had the most results and wins out of the Yoshis but you weren't entering anything so it really isn't fair. MX was also good but he didn't go all Yoshi much (he tried to beat you with Falco etc) and also wasn't pulling in as many results.

It's just the most recent part of the trend of my generally outplacing you while we were both active. =P

But in the end this thread doesn't really matter, I'm just bored and want to get in on the Top 5 Hype that I never ended up doing last time.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Meh, I need to do *something* to at least snatch an honorable mention :(

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Kie may not have as many notable wins as I do or the consistency (haven't kept up w/ competitive Brawl in over a year and a half) but I'll even attest myself that he's likely better than me. Slayerz as well. It's dumb to keep my name cemented at "top" just because I was doing things when Brawl was most active. They both have pushed the character's tech skill to limits I dreamed of before just losing overall interest due to the stagnant metagame of the game at the time and calling it quits.

This thread should be blasted though, just going to cause trouble - similar to the Top 5 thread that got locked shortly after I handed it's ownership over. (Psp is best Toon Link, btw)

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
Good point; Salem's only really good performances were at Apex 2013 and Collision 8 (latter didn't have that many Brawl entrants). However, I'm going to need more info on Choco. Those videos are great, but do you have an tournament data on him?
Very few (if any) of the tournaments he attends are posted in the Tournament Results section. However, @Unneurotic normally posts them in the Japanese Video Thread, which basically functions as a hub for discussing Japan's metagame as well.

If you search the last few pages, you'll find stuff. Recently, he's won KVO 2014, finished 2nd @ Umebura 5, and finished 2nd to Otori at another large regional (don't remember exactly when this last one was, though).

D

Deleted member

Choco is better than Salem atm. @ Djent Djent please back me up if you follow the japan scene at all

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
:snake:is MVD, everything else seems about right
SlayerZ...made Kira rage at Vato's Warehouse XD
By telling us this, all that you're really saying is that SlayerZ played Kira at Vato's Warehouse

D I c k s did good at like one event in the weakest region. I've done well for 6 years straight.

YB doesn't main samus. Just like Quik doesn't.

There is no tie for best samus.
List of best players at respective characters, not best mains
It's not you bby gurl, sorry

Also yeah now that I think about it, whenever I scroll through the japanese video thread, I see Choco placing top 3 at all these japanese tournies with a bunch of other top level japanese names there. Salem and I have worse losses than he does so I agree that Choco > us

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
This feels like a thinly veiled Top 5 thread.
Oh well, There's no more Yoshi mains that're active. Old top 5 thread was sealed with 1 and 2 placements for Yoshi being Delta Raptor, 3 4 and 5 juggled around with mx firefly gashi and me. Zude doesn't play anymore I think.

A lot of people don't play anymore, brawl is ded.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Kie may not have as many notable wins as I do or the consistency (haven't kept up w/ competitive Brawl in over a year and a half) but I'll even attest myself that he's likely better than me. Slayerz as well. It's dumb to keep my name cemented at "top" just because I was doing things when Brawl was most active. They both have pushed the character's tech skill to limits I dreamed of before just losing overall interest due to the stagnant metagame of the game at the time and calling it quits.

This thread should be blasted though, just going to cause trouble - similar to the Top 5 thread that got locked shortly after I handed it's ownership over. (Psp is best Toon Link, btw)
That may be so, but it's still informative. It's important that there's consensus on who's the best player for which character. It's better to have a list as a reference than to ask around.
Finally, someone has some common sense
I'm going to need some evidence. The only videos of PSP are kinda old non-tournament matches, one of which is on Wi-Fi lol.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I'm going to need some evidence. The only videos of PSP are kinda old non-tournament matches, one of which is on Wi-Fi lol.
Are you falling for it again?

Anyone who says anything other than MJG for best Toon Link is trolling.

Read this thread from the linked post to the end: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-top-5-brawl-us-can-mex.296541/page-531#post-14849962

Now do the right thing and prevent this from happening again by removing Toon Link from your list.

It's the best thing to do.

Last edited:

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Can I has Sheik and Zelda ranks?
I think Cross is better than you, Daiki too maybe, but if they're not active (I'm not entirely sure, maybe @Unneurotic can let us know if Japan's Sheiks are active) then you should get the spot.

And yeah definitely put Ed as best Zelda I can't believe I didn't notice that already.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I think Cross is better than you, Daiki too maybe, but if they're not active (I'm not entirely sure, maybe @Unneurotic can let us know if Japan's Sheiks are active) then you should get the spot.

And yeah definitely put Ed as best Zelda I can't believe I didn't notice that already.
That's fair actually. If cross is active, I'd give him the nod. I think I'm right there but I need me something big lol.

D

Deleted member

That's fair actually. If cross is active, I'd give him the nod. I think I'm right there but I need me something big lol.
Cross, Daiki, and Earth are all active. Though you are up there.

For zelda, hasn't ven beat rich brown in the past year?

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
This feels like a thinly veiled Top 5 thread.
Oh well, There's no more Yoshi mains that're active. Old top 5 thread was sealed with 1 and 2 placements for Yoshi being Delta Raptor, 3 4 and 5 juggled around with mx firefly gashi and me. Zude doesn't play anymore I think.

A lot of people don't play anymore, brawl is ded.
Correction, 3-5 were MX, Hades, and Firefly cause you were taken off after your profile picture turned into a pony.

Top Bottom