• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Best Players at Respective Characters

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
No, no, no. Trela will be better then what Gomamugitya will ever be. Trela has done the best with Lucario overall and is still a much better, faster, smarter etc. Trela has played at this year's WHOBO and placed extremely well...

IMHO you need to do well in Both singles AND doubles to justify being the better Lucario. Trela has done both countless times.

Last edited:

NH Cody

Smash Champion
goyomamashamalamadingdong is obv better in dubs

only lucario in the world to win tourneys with a lowtier partner.... I don't think he does anything in singles.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
goyomamashamalamadingdong is obv better in dubs

only lucario in the world to win tourneys with a lowtier partner.... I don't think he does anything in singles.
Lucas is considered top tier in doubles though. And I don't believe noted top Japanese players like Otori, Kakera, rain etc, were at these tournaments? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong there)

Trela has many regional, national (WHOBO 4) and a international (Sktar) doubles win under his belt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Trela has many regional, national (WHOBO 4) and a international (Sktar) doubles win under his belt.
only lucario in the world to win tourneys with a lowtier partner.

Goma hasnt done much in singles.
Trela beat vinnie recently and has more wins that outclass what goma has ever done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Lucas is considered top tier in doubles though. And I don't believe noted top Japanese players like Otori, Kakera, rain etc, were at these tournaments? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong there)

You're wrong about there being no noted top players. If you did like a two minute youtube search you'd find that they have beaten plenty of the top players lol. But as its been stated before, no one really follows results accurately enough to make a DECENT top player thread. Thats why these types of threads got locked in the first place because the discussion just breaks down into a bunch of arguing over who is better than who.

If people really wanted to help make a ranking in brawl that has the least amount of bias and the absolute accuracy based purely on results in relevant times, they would be supporting Chibos SSBBRank project.

*which is why this thread should be locked in the first place*

NH Cody

Smash Champion

quotes my post and then says nothing in response :lick:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Will not have lived a complete life till I see my name next to Wario of the Sm4sh list in a few years :)

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
You're wrong about there being no noted top players. If you did like a two minute youtube search you'd find that they have beaten plenty of the top players lol. But as its been stated before, no one really follows results accurately enough to make a DECENT top player thread. Thats why these types of threads got locked in the first place because the discussion just breaks down into a bunch of arguing over who is better than who.

If people really wanted to help make a ranking in brawl that has the least amount of bias and the absolute accuracy based purely on results in relevant times, they would be supporting Chibos SSBBRank project.

*which is why this thread should be locked in the first place*
I can't be wrong or right, if you had a decent look I questioned it.

This thread should be locked, I agree on that. And I'm not being biased, I'm going off who has done the best overall. Heck, I think Richi needs to be questioned against Trela if anyone is to be. He does well in both singles and dubs. He took 7 stocks in crews, reversed 3 stocked a diddy on FD AND two stocked M2K with Lucario.

quotes my post and then says nothing in response :lick:
Wasn't much to respond to, Lucas is pretty viable in dubs so you can't really call him a low tier for doubles.

But anyway, ima go because I'm not going to be the reason to this thread being locked. This kinda thread shouldn't be made based off ones opinion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Heck, I think Richi needs to be questioned against Trela if anyone is to be. He does well in both singles and dubs. He took 7 stocks in crews, reversed 3 stocked a diddy on FD AND two stocked M2K with Lucario.
"A diddy" isnt important if it isnt a notable diddy. 2 stocking m2k is cool, but he didnt win the set. So again, taking a game doesn't REALLY matter if they didn't take the set. Goes back to my argument of almost winning. Trela actually has set wins not "i almost won"

Djent

Smash Champion
I actually do think ability to take games (and make games close) does count for something, but it's just not enough to compete with actual wins (especially actual wins of the caliber Trela has).

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
God damn it why do people put Izaw in such a high regard when the best results he has ever done is getting 2nd place at a Swedish local in 2008-2009.

From Europe alone you got Mr. R(active, but not main), AfroTwist(active) and even Bycel(not sure about status) that can be considered better picks(especially Ramin and Afro), although Scizor is the best Link, and should get the spot.

I'm going to make a mad flashy combo video called "Triforce of Pwnage" when Smash 4 comes at and forever be known as the best link of all time.

Quik should at the very least get a mention for ZSS and ESPECIALLY Samus. Quik is the best Samus, you guys just don't know. Anything short placing him 2nd is an insult (:059:)

Leon is also a contender for best Marth. Lately he has had comparable and even favorable results(3rd over Ramin's 4th at SBiB). Though Ramin is probably the top pick, it's at least worth a HM.

EDIT: I gave Jigglypuff her first tournament win on Smashboards Rankings over this weekend. Clearly, I'm a jigglypuff prodigy worthy of the title "XxJiGgLyPuFf_DuDe_421xX"; a name given to me by XxJiGgLyPuFf_DuDe_420xX.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Junebug is the best :lucario: of all time. He beat Ally, M2k, and Dehf. Trela and Richi have not done that.

Junebug got 2nd at Apex 2010 teaming with a :kirby2: back when double :metaknight: was legal...

:018:

Last edited:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I wish I knew why people are so opposed to these threads. It's not like you all have anything better to be doing.
Yeah, and if they don't like these threads, why bother reading them? What possible benefit do they see from trying to get it closed and ruining everyone else's fun?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Maybe back in the day you could say the traffic and frequent updates to the main page with posting was making getting to the more important threads difficult, but in this forum, the important threads are stickied, and these boards are dead anyways.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
I put Trela back in as #1. The only videos of Gomamugitya are old doubles videos.

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
Trela did beat M2K, and more recently at that. He also beat Vinnie at WHOBO MLG just three months ago, and has taken sets from Gnes and Razer in the past.

Even if this thread were for the "greatest of all time" (and afaict it's not), Trela would win. Also, Junebug lost to Dark.Pch (this bears emphasis).

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I think seagull joe has been trolling us all these years and just posts stuff for our entertainment :)

this tactic should be called "seagull joe posting"

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Please Please Please remove CT Zero from Honorable Mentions MK. Hes a very skilled and intelligent player, but the guy is a perpetual loser at national tournaments, the best thing hes ever done is WHOBO which was him, rusty Vinnie, and Texas (aka not a national). Hes never at any point been the best MK and find it silly he granted himself that title for awhile. Even at Apex 2014 with no Japanese in attendance he lost out to Nairo. Edge or almost any Japanese MK deserves it much more. In fact Japan has consistently been he best region at smash so Im not sure why he wouldnt be over Nairo as well. In Japan vs US MU's where relevant skilled players were in attendance the US has a 4-1 record including two wins in the US and being undefeated in Japan.

btw this is current and not all time correct? If so might want to reasses falco, Kirby, Luigi, Pokemon Trainer, Lucas, Mario, Bower, Samus, and maybe ganon/Jiggs. Also remove fox's honorable mentions, yoshis HM for polt, and others who dont play.

Last edited:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Please Please Please remove CT Zero from Honorable Mentions MK. Hes a very skilled and intelligent player, but the guy is a perpetual loser at national tournaments, the best thing hes ever done is WHOBO which was him, rusty Vinnie, and Texas (aka not a national). Hes never at any point been the best MK and find it silly he granted himself that title for awhile. Even at Apex 2014 with no Japanese in attendance he lost out to Nairo. Edge or almost any Japanese MK deserves it much more. In fact Japan has consistently been he best region at smash so Im not sure why he wouldnt be over Nairo as well. In Japan vs US MU's where relevant skilled players were in attendance the US has a 4-1 record including two wins in the US and being undefeated in Japan.
None of those are reasons for ZeRo to not be HM for MK. He's easily been the 2nd best MK in the US this year (only ever being outplaced by Nairo are majors). There hasn't been enough crossover in that time period between Japan and America for us to accurately rank Edge/Otori/Rain etc. so ZeRo is the next best thing as HM.

The actual reason for ZeRo to not be HM is because he doesn't play Brawl anymore.

Thor

Smash Champion
None of those are reasons for ZeRo to not be HM for MK. He's easily been the 2nd best MK in the US this year (only ever being outplaced by Nairo are majors). There hasn't been enough crossover in that time period between Japan and America for us to accurately rank Edge/Otori/Rain etc. so ZeRo is the next best thing as HM.

The actual reason for ZeRo to not be HM is because he doesn't play Brawl anymore.
Random idea: Is it possible to split this list up by region [US, Europe, Japan, other regions if there is a 4th or more and I don't know it]? We don't know if Nairo > or < Edge/Otori/whomever, but Nairo > Zero [as results show, and it seems agreed on], so US best MK is Nairo and Japan's best MK is Edge/Otori/Rain/whomever [I don't know about Europe/other regions]. This would also work for characters like ZSS (Quik is Europe [I think?], Choco is Japan, Salem is US] {? just a possible example... maybe Riddle is up there or there's some ZSS I don't know of, whatever}.

For characters with very low representation the HMs/best could just be expanded slightly or something if there are like 3 players worth mentioning [I don't know if there is a Bowser in each region, so I don't know how people would be able to come up with 3 [or more] best Bowsers, for instance].

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
Hes a very skilled and intelligent player, but the guy is a perpetual loser at national tournaments, the best thing hes ever done is WHOBO which was him, rusty Vinnie, and Texas (aka not a national).
He (Zero) did win a series of regional events in NY/NJ (the other hardest region besides Kanto at the time). His national performances were never as impressive, but he's beaten basically every top NA player in the past year or so.

Edge or almost any Japanese MK deserves it much more. In fact Japan has consistently been he best region at smash so Im not sure why he wouldnt be over Nairo as well. In Japan vs US MU's where relevant skilled players were in attendance the US has a 4-1 record including two wins in the US and being undefeated in Japan.
Edge deserves it more, but not "any other Japanese MK." Rain, Otori, and Kakera have all been relatively inactive, and Edge beat at least one of them on his way to 1st place at the most recent Piosuma singles event. If this were "all time," then I'd feel differently.

Also, "Japan" is not a region. If you look at the best from Kanto and Kansai, then of course they'll be stronger than any US or EU region lol. Kanto has historically been stronger (at the time of Apex 2012-2013), but with Edge's rise to power and the relative dormancy of Kanto, I think one could easily argue the opposite conclusion now

Last edited:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Zero is a skilled and successful player and has earned all his achievements, but if youre using the consensus best character in the game you need to be more than consistent to be in "the best of" conversation you need to be transcendent.

Contradiction. You want to award Zero HM in spite of his poor national results but dont want to acknowledge outstanding MKs because of lacking crossover?

Nationals are the ultimate gauge of success. If you can't win nationals then the title of best MK is arbitrary and pointless. Not all characters have HMs and thats he point, Zeros never been at that level. But add the fact that he isnt very active either and that just sort of seals things.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Random idea: Is it possible to split this list up by region [US, Europe, Japan, other regions if there is a 4th or more and I don't know it]? We don't know if Nairo > or < Edge/Otori/whomever, but Nairo > Zero [as results show, and it seems agreed on], so US best MK is Nairo and Japan's best MK is Edge/Otori/Rain/whomever [I don't know about Europe/other regions]. This would also work for characters like ZSS (Quik is Europe [I think?], Choco is Japan, Salem is US] {? just a possible example... maybe Riddle is up there or there's some ZSS I don't know of, whatever}.

For characters with very low representation the HMs/best could just be expanded slightly or something if there are like 3 players worth mentioning [I don't know if there is a Bowser in each region, so I don't know how people would be able to come up with 3 [or more] best Bowsers, for instance].
That could work, but only for a few characters (I could add flags or something beside each character head regardless of if they have multiple good players from different regions).

Zero is a skilled and successful player and has earned all his achievements, but if youre using the consensus best character in the game you need to be more than consistent to be in "the best of" conversation you need to be transcendent.

Contradiction. You want to award Zero HM in spite of his poor national results but dont want to acknowledge outstanding MKs because of lacking crossover?

Nationals are the ultimate gauge of success. If you can't win nationals then the title of best MK is arbitrary and pointless. Not all characters have HMs and thats he point, Zeros never been at that level. But add the fact that he isnt very active either and that just sort of seals things.
Yeah, I don't quite follow Jigglysir's logic there. Replaced ZeRo with Edge on the list.

Top Bottom