• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Potential Changes in My Homebrew-Smash

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Not really, no: but I also have no reason to obey the law. I'm already so poor that I have to get my lunch out of dumpsters, so why would I worry about a law-suit? Do you honestly think they'll care, either way?

Geez! Is this secretly the board for SWF's hardest cynics? :laugh:

Hm? I thought he was mistaking my project for something it wasn't.
i know i was just kidding.

Kief

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmABc3rGG8

around 1:41 u can see it. It seems as though it is stronger, has better range, and even looks cooler. WTH Sakurai?!
wow did anybody else notice how link was getting his butt whooped in just about every cutscene?

anyway my suggested changes:

a reason for using upB (semi-spike etc.) and give it more range in the air so we can recover once in a while

keep dair same except taking off a little landing lag would be sweet (there ya go sasook). make the d-tilt spike a legit spike

clawshot retracting when it misses like in 64 instead of falling down like a rope in melee and brawl

bomb arrows

improve his roll. in OoT its faster to constantly roll than it is to run O.O

i like the fair personally but i havent played TP yet so idk what the helm splitter is lol

hope your game turns out well :)

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
"link sucks" most link mains
"link deserves last spot on the tier list" many link mains
we advice n00bs to play metaknight, or an other character you can win with instead of link.
we cant tell you any good thing about link
we hate gay cause he is too toon link
the only thing that is good with link is that HE IS FREAKIN LINK

most cynic on SWF? I think so
lol...this is dead on.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I like your ideas for Link. Of course, it would be nice if you introduced more of his items into his attacks rather than just the boomerang, hookshot, bombs, and arrows. I've always wanted to see the Megaton Hammer make an appearance in Smash.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Lasers?
Really?
:laugh: that's the same thing the ran through my head.

As long as we're getting ridiculous...
Changeable arrows (bomb, fire, ice, light)
UpB - no charge on stage, charge off stage for better recovery
Walk with shield up
Puts on samus suit
spring shoes? why not.
missiles shoot out of his ***

a shell like Link's shield except it's his entire shell is totally immuneto any attack, and 500% knock back resistance, plus a dash attack that destroys everything with infinite priority.

galekill

Banned via Administration
I want Illusion stab from melee, links beams would not be too broken, remember that there can only be one beem at the screen at once so it would be awesome really close when pulled off (like it should, set damage of beems in logic way and it will not be broken).

sasook

Smash Champion
"link sucks" most link mains
"link deserves last spot on the tier list" many link mains
we advice n00bs to play metaknight, or an other character you can win with instead of link.
we cant tell you any good thing about link
we hate gay cause he is too toon link
the only thing that is good with link is that HE IS FREAKIN LINK

most cynic on SWF? I think so
rofl, someone sig this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmABc3rGG8

around 1:41 u can see it. It seems as though it is stronger, has better range, and even looks cooler. WTH Sakurai?!
wow did anybody else notice how link was getting his butt whooped in just about every cutscene?
Yeah, Sakurai hates Link.

i havent played TP yet so idk what the helm splitter is lol
Spoiler alert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQDXtADqa_c

I've always wanted to see the Megaton Hammer make an appearance in Smash.
True that, I agree.

Changeable arrows (bomb, fire, ice, light)
UpB - no charge on stage, charge off stage for better recovery
Walk with shield up
Puts on samus suit
spring shoes? why not.
missiles shoot out of his ***
Yay, someone else agreed with me! I had said this earlier.

I like the walking and charging bow idea.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Things I like.

Mirror shield
Walking while charging arrows
melee style hookshot stages
Inching while charging up-B
lol Lasers (im fine if its just a sword extention)
lol Bomb arrows.

Things I don't like
Hoverboots would make it harder to edge hog even if edggaurding was easier.

All I really want to see is double clawshot.

I want to see Link be able to use 1 clawshot after another and just Hang from the bottom of FD while moving around the bottom of the stage using the double CS.

Although, that may be over excessive.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Hoverboots would make it harder to edge hog even if edggaurding was easier.
Just have it like Peach's hover where you just hold the jump button. That way you can STILL edgehog as fast as ever, as well as have a sweet boosted recovery.
The double clawshot idea is cool, but how on earth would you use it..?

Response to Swordplay

My problem with the double-claw is implementation: I don't think the code-architechure can handle it. I want the double-claw, myself, but I'm not sure that I can pull it off. I'll be thinking about the mechanic, as I have a few ideas that may end up working well.

Why would you want to walk with an arrow pulled, when you could just use controllable charging to run to where you want to be and then shoot an arrow? You can change your tactics on the fly, if you're not committed to the arrow.

How do hover-boots interfere with edgehogging? Pressing 'down' could just cancel out the hover, rendering the effect completely benign. Thinking about it, letting Link run off of the stage doesn't seem braind-dead good.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
If you press down to cancel that would be cool.

I hope you at least bring back bomb recovery. I need to up and hit my bomb to recover....

slickvic

Smash Apprentice
New York City/currently in Los Angeles (college)
idk if ur doing final smashes, but we really need Link to go into Fierce Diety mode, and just be all powerful. i kno ur making everyone great, but this final smash needs to be epic. Have the invincibility of super sonic with the speed of super Wario man and the power of Giga Bowser, combined with all of Link's awesomeness, and he really needs to be the most badass final smash u can make. just throwing that out there.

But if you really wanna buff link, use Light Arrows (super powered), give him super bombs (remember a Link to the Past), mirror shield, but all you have to do is duck, and it reflects all those energy attacks, moving up-b (like wind waker). and instead of the boomerang, how about the Deku leaf? It could be used like mario's cape, can still do the wind thing, and would be great for recovery.

Ahhh!

ewwwww.... hacked brawl. D:
:laugh: Time to snap! :laugh:

What the **** is up with you little ***-wipes?! I'm not hacking Brawl, you 2-bit pixie-sprite. What kind of über code-monkey do you think I am: isn't packing Brawl onto the DS mathematically impossible, at some point? I'm a self-taught ****ing janitor, not Cyber Jesus of ****ing Neo Nazareth.

Why would I gimp my own endeavor by handling half-competent processes schizophrenically mutated from the minds of a dozen of byte-jockeys with bad habits? Grow a **** brain, ace.

sasook

Smash Champion
I'll make it easy. Link can do anything he's ever been able to do in any of his games; at will.

/end of any chance of losing ever again.
lol, win

Why would you want to walk with an arrow pulled, when you could just use controllable charging to run to where you want to be and then shoot an arrow? You can change your tactics on the fly, if you're not committed to the arrow.
Lol, for the intimidation. It's like walking toward someone with a gun in your hand - it's menacing. :laugh:

Response to slickvic

I'm down with the Fierce Diety, kid~! We'll let Marth do the dash-slash, eh? (Marth's is better at it, anyway.) The most baddest super of the game, eh? Sorry; that'll always go to Bowser by default: I'll do what I can, though. :laugh:

The Deku-leaf can be an air-dash or something: the boomerang's a bit too established to remove, you understand. There's a Riot-exclusive mechanic that can be a reasonable limiter on the flight.

Lol, how? Putting the mask on makes you stronger than *young* Link who has a non magic sword in MM... If you sat FD Link next to Adult Link with the master sword, my money would be on OOT Link destroying him, then jizzing in his eye.

Haha! You two are funny!

:laugh: Stop arguing! The Fierce Diety is nonetheless a god, if we only see its powers within a child: when supplementing an adult Link, we can be sure that the effects would be tremendous. I can just have the dragon from Wind Waker lay waste on the stage, if Link's super is such a **** controversy. :ohwell:

:laugh: Stop arguing! The Fierce Diety is nonetheless a god, if we only see its powers within a child: when supplementing an adult Link, we can be sure that the effects would be tremendous. I can just have the dragon from Wind Waker lay waste on the stage, if Link's super is such a **** controversy. :ohwell:
Lol, remember Link has the power of a god embedded in the back of his left hand o: and Ganon is also godlike. o:

Lol, don't let my petty squabbling affect your design. lol. Just keep the toonlink crap out =P

slickvic

Smash Apprentice
dude, its true Link has the power of a god embedded on his hand, but when does he EVER use it? to turn into a wolf? Fierce Diety is a God, and he uses all his powers. He kills MM without breaking a sweat. Adult link? he's working hard. I love Link, but FD is just epic.

but yea. im cool with the sword dash and the deku leaf thing. The leaf just seemed like a good way to help link's recovery without his up b going to ridiculous heights.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
:laugh: Time to snap! :laugh:

What the **** is up with you little ***-wipes?! I'm not hacking Brawl, you 2-bit pixie-sprite. What kind of über code-monkey do you think I am: isn't packing Brawl onto the DS mathematically impossible, at some point? I'm a self-taught ****ing janitor, not Cyber Jesus of ****ing Neo Nazareth.

Why would I gimp my own endeavor by handling half-competent processes schizophrenically mutated from the minds of a dozen of byte-jockeys with bad habits? Grow a **** brain, ace.
wow, bro. SLOWWWW DOWWWWNNNN. I wasn't saying anything offensive man, no need to blow up on me like that. I read the OP and your hacks seem cool. I was just voicing my dislike for this kind of thing, especially in competitive play, but I don't want that to stop you from doing this. .. jesus...

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
wow, bro. SLOWWWW DOWWWWNNNN. I wasn't saying anything offensive man, no need to blow up on me like that. I read the OP and your hacks seem cool. I was just voicing my dislike for this kind of thing, especially in competitive play, but I don't want that to stop you from doing this. .. jesus...

actually i think he was joking

dude, its true Link has the power of a god embedded on his hand, but when does he EVER use it? to turn into a wolf? Fierce Diety is a God, and he uses all his powers. He kills MM without breaking a sweat. Adult link? he's working hard. I love Link, but FD is just epic.

but yea. im cool with the sword dash and the deku leaf thing. The leaf just seemed like a good way to help link's recovery without his up b going to ridiculous heights.
Adult Link fougth Ganon. Ganon >>>> Majora. Let's see someone without a piece of the triforce take swing from one of those massive swords and live.. =P

slickvic

Smash Apprentice
Adult Link fougth Ganon. Ganon >>>> Majora. Let's see someone without a piece of the triforce take swing from one of those massive swords and live.. =P
ok. i know Link beat Ganon. but so did kid Link. its not a big deal. FD beat MM with little to no effort. his powers are epic. Link fought epic battles. FD completely obliterated MM. therefore, he is the man

Top Bottom