• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Potential Changes in My Homebrew-Smash

galekill

Banned via Administration
Things I like.

Mirror shield
Walking while charging arrows
melee style hookshot stages
Inching while charging up-B
lol Lasers (im fine if its just a sword extention)
lol Bomb arrows.

Things I don't like
Hoverboots would make it harder to edge hog even if edggaurding was easier.

All I really want to see is double clawshot.

I want to see Link be able to use 1 clawshot after another and just Hang from the bottom of FD while moving around the bottom of the stage using the double CS.

Although, that may be over excessive.
the hover boots was said only work if link WALKED of the stage, ion melee I wavedashed of the stage for edgehogs and now in brawl I dash of the stage. so that will not be a problem :)

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
why should bombs spike? Also, link should have his crossbow XD GIVE IT THE RAPID FIRE TOO :D

galekill

why dont make the controls for links bow same as that firworks shooting item(cracker launcher?) in brawl, move forward backwards aim up and down, and add in a charge(pretty short) give it same knockback and damage always if it is too broken or add on some downlag making it a true long distance spam item, voila the attack makes sense(at least IMO). and also the ability to move around with a arrow drawn is relly helpful giving a lot more options, most link mains use their projectiles when shorthopping to give more cover when spamming projectiles. also it helps giving the feel of link being a quick very versatile character with good range that we all want( thats my impression anyway).

also NO deku leaf that destroys the feel of the adult link. the fact that clawshot can be used after up be is enough(and latch to walls). will we be able to cancel the UP B with clawshot though?

also I want hoover boots dont remove them. also make link slide when hoovering so you can walk off the stage slide out dtilt spike just perfectly, they should also juist have time enough for finishing a tilt attack to not make em broken. also the spin attack would be hard to use in hoover since you will not be able to recover that good without your spin attack and facing awaw from the stage.

Also NO fair helmsplitter spike the fair we have now is much better since it give free kills against people who are sheilding at platforms, spot dodging very much and some other occasions, I like it really much.

sasook

Smash Champion
Add the Helm Splitter somehow though.......make it his ledge get up attack or something. *shrugs*

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
Bomb arrows is a must!

When link is holding a bomb if he uses the arrow button the bomb attaches to the arrow thus making it a bomb arrow! so when it hits it will also explode!

dun dun dun!!

galekill

Add the Helm Splitter somehow though.......make it his ledge get up attack or something. *shrugs*
thats actually a good idea, cause the animation becomes more true to the game and the attack more special. a ledge get up that spikes WONDERFUL!, but only until link has 100% of damage.

seems like link gets more and more complex XD. it will take some wisdom to play him.

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
seems like link gets more and more complex XD. it will take some wisdom to play him.
even more? lulz

i wanna try out this, seems to be pretty funny stuff, what about Roc's Feather, Link jumping higher would be nice and easy to do, i think

Response to galekill

The option-increase is something of a fallacy: you may be able to move while charging an arrow, but you also cannot use anything other than your arrow. Being able to have control over your charge allows attacking below you and last-second mix-ups.

I'm not worried about the feel of mature Link: gliding is a valuable tool; and I prefer Wind Waker's rendition of the Hero of Time, either way, and I deserve a concession. :laugh:

I'm very much interested in hover-boots: don't worry about them. Hell; hovering ties in well with the Deku Leaf; as you can run off the stage, jump twice, up-B, and glide back, giving Link a wicked ability to chase.

galekill

The option-increase is something of a fallacy: you may be able to move while charging an arrow, but you also cannot use anything other than your arrow. Being able to have control over your charge allows attacking below you and last-second mix-ups.
Na I dunno that, press B to take out bow press once again to shoot an arrow, if you have a bomb in hand you will shoot a bomb arrow. Then you press A to put away bow. It makes it balanced IMO. Also you could have a charge like yoshis eggs, they go far and short and is pretty quick.

I'm not worried about the feel of mature Link: gliding is a valuable tool; and I prefer Wind Waker's rendition of the Hero of Time, either way, and I deserve a concession. :laugh:
but I am, I would never play a toon link, even thogh I like the Idea with link having a glide I dont like the Idea of him having toon Items
I'm very much interested in hover-boots: don't worry about them. Hell; hovering ties in well with the Deku Leaf; as you can run off the stage, jump twice, up-B, and glide back, giving Link a wicked ability to chase.
Hooray for hoover boots, Link will be as he is at the end of OoT, I will always play red link in your game.

Also, will you release the source?

sasook

Smash Champion
Can you add palette swaps? Having the Zora Armor and Magic Armor from Twilight Princess would be awesome.

Don't want him having TL-items? Too bad! :laugh:

I've switched the platform from DS to PC, because of some rather annoying system-related hurdles, and my language of choice has been Python: the source will be released, when it's fit to survive outside of a development-environment.

Oh! 'A' would cancel the arrow? That's cool! Because I'm petty, I'll overlay the charge-control on the moving hold, and everyone wins!

Jski

Smash Apprentice
Would be nice if you hit down B once you have a bomb out link will just put the bomb down on the ground how hard is it to just simply place something in your hand on the ground.

Top Bottom