• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Social Thread

NaijaboyIrin

Smash Apprentice
- All sword attacks are now correctly clankable
- Forward tilt does slightly more damage at the base of the sword, and slightly less on Link's shoulder
- Up Tilt's base knockback slightly lowered on all hitboxes
- Up Tilt's knockback growth changes slightly based on where you hit on the sword as per Melee/Brawl
- Down Smash's first hit outer hitboxes dropped from 17 to 16 damage. (Sweetspot is on elbow)
- Down Smash's second hit has 17 damage sweetspot added to inside hit. Slightly dropped knockback growth on all second hits.
- Up Smash: IASAs slightly later, last swing inner hit from 9 damage to 10
- Back air IASAs two frames earlier, second kick angle slightly lowered
- Down Air's hitboxes moved to better match Melee and cover his sword
- Dash attack's hitbox active one additional frame, slightly later IASA
- Dash attack's damage now increases on the closest hitboxes
- Dash attack's angle now decreases on the closest hitboxes
- Link can correctly angle his boomerang downward on the ground
- Shrank hitbox size on boomerang's "flub slap"
Yessss :)
Thanks so much! All these changes look really helpful, especially the bolded ones.
As for Bair connecting easier, the first hit still has BKB/KBG of 0/100. How exactly did you get it to connect better?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We didn't, that was a mistake on my part interpreting something before we released.

It almost always connects for me so I wouldn't notice a difference anyways >_> lol.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm just gonna say that I'm a beautiful amazing designer for coming up with a dash attack that satisfied both IE6 (Who thought 2.6 DA was broken) and Hylian (Who thought it was necessary).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Playing Link vs Hanky's Peach is hard.

Feed me delicious knowledge, Hylian.

I think it's fairly even, you just have to play really solid fundamentally, peach is one of those characters you can't really jank, just focus on spacing well and watch for her dash attack because it can get in on you quite well.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
How useful is links wavedash,it is so short I can't find a use for it...then again I just started learning about all this stuff.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Of the top of my head I remember playing on PS2, FD, Smashville. Stages that seem like they should be enough space, but it's kinda hard.

There's a fair amount of decisionmaking that could be better though. I think those are probably some of the better ones.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
So Hylian you said you were going to work on some kind of Link guide to show off some techniques and what not, how's that coming along?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So Hylian you said you were going to work on some kind of Link guide to show off some techniques and what not, how's that coming along?

I've been suuuuuper busy man. I just moved into a new house and was in the process of moving for about a month, I'm working a lot and I was at a tournament this weekend and am trying to keep up at least somewhat of an active social life while also finding time to run and work out x.x. I sleep like 5-6 hours a night. I will work on it when I have time, it's something I'm really interested in and I feel like I got better with link recently as well.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Two questions:

1. How do I moonwalk?

2. I've seen Hylian do this a lot, but how do you Zair a bomb forward? I tried doing it myself but just can't seem to space it right.

Fortress

Smash Master
Short hop, tap Z to drop the bomb, be moving slightly backwards all at the same time, zair.

Also, anybody else catch that reveal of 'Hyrule Warriors'? It's kind of what I've wanted for a long time, to be able to take on an army of monsters in a LoZ title.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I noticed with bomb jumping that if you hit only with the final hit the bomb won't explode.Is there any way to make it explode like that?

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Hyrule Warriors looks really fun I hope I can get,but I also want Smash,Zelda wii u,MK8,and probably other games they haven't announced yet...Along with P:M updates 2014 is going to be a great year for gaming.

On topic,I will try to up the final hit of link's up b by like 3-5% and hope that works.

Fortress

Smash Master
As excited as I am at the thought of taking on hordes of Darknuts, Stalfos, and whatever in the midst of a battle bigger than myself as the Hero of Hyrule, let me put it in the words that Headcrab used:

"Yeah, I just don't see that happpening. It's Hyrule Warriors. Not just a LoZ game developed by Tecmo Koei. It's clearly meant to be a Dynasty Warriors game."

In all honest, it'll probably be *****.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Hyrule Warriors looks really fun I hope I can get,but I also want Smash,Zelda wii u,MK8,and probably other games they haven't announced yet...Along with P:M updates 2014 is going to be a great year for gaming.

On topic,I will try to up the final hit of link's up b by like 3-5% and hope that works.
it looks epic and it looks like skyward sword

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
As excited as I am at the thought of taking on hordes of Darknuts, Stalfos, and whatever in the midst of a battle bigger than myself as the Hero of Hyrule, let me put it in the words that Headcrab used:

"Yeah, I just don't see that happpening. It's Hyrule Warriors. Not just a LoZ game developed by Tecmo Koei. It's clearly meant to be a Dynasty Warriors game."

In all honest, it'll probably be ****s.
yeah u r right. its based off of dynasty warrior and legend of Zelda. link will be having epic moves it will be alot of fun cant wait!!!!!!!!!! i dont know why u think it will be ****s but to me its going to be awesome

Top Bottom