• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Social Thread

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Thank you...

Anyway what do you guys think Link needs for 3.0b or 3.1 or whatever is next.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Sweet,my birthday is in May hopefully smash 4 releases before or during the summer of next year.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Just got A Link Between Worlds today!
Fun game.
2014 will have lots of great games.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Just like Dynasty Warriors had those commanders and generals as mini-bosses, I wonder what kind of bosses will exist in Hyrule Warriors? Ghirahim possibly?

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So I just got ALBW and Zelda u and Hyrule Warriors is coming out next year.

That's a lot of zelda!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I have no expectation for Zelda WiiU in 2014.

Has a Zelda game on console ever come out within a year of being demo'd ever?

Girth94

Smash Cadet
I have no expectation for Zelda WiiU in 2014.

Has a Zelda game on console ever come out within a year of being demo'd ever?
The only reason I'm hopeful for ZeldaU for Holiday 2014 is because of the WiiU's sales this year. ALBW and the price drop on the 3DS made 3DS sales skyrocket. WiiU already got the price drop, so releasing a Zelda game to improve sales makes a lot of sense in my head. At the very least, I think we'll see a remake released this year. If not, the WiiU has plenty of games scheduled for release in 2014 anyway.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I would like a MM remake since I never got to play it.

Wii u or 3ds,3ds makes more since because of oot 3d

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Who do you guys think is the best doubles partner for Link? My friend and I will do Wi-Fi Doubles later on and he's a Link main. On my hand I have my trusted Zelda, but also Sheik, Fox, Marth, Yoshi, and Pit. I'm willing to learn a new character too.

Fortress

Smash Master
Or the rare and ever-hilarious low-percent f-throw to teammate into f-throw back to you into f-throw back to them into spin attack or some janky play like that.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Both of them can probably get boned on the recovery side, though.

Fox, Sheik, maybe Falco, Jiggs, etc, etc.

Speaking of Fox... I hate Link v Fox, lol.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Link vs. Fox is actually bearable now. Dash-attack auto-combos for daaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyssssssssssssss~

It might be because I'm used to the Melee MU, but I feel like it's VERY doable... The biggest problem with the MU is Link can't pivot-grab Fox's air approaches like everybody else can, but we can always just throw a move out.

Fortress

Smash Master
Acquired a Melee disc a few days ago, tried it out with a friend. Thought to myself that "with my awesome Link tech and knowledge, I can make this doable". Nope. Got beat down hard by Marth. Melee Link feels so pathetic with every hit, and that bow is just laughable. Thanks the gods for P:M Link.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Yeah, if you're playing Melee, your go-to moves are bombs, nair, fair, and bair. Link's moves on the ground are so laggy and bad, and his boomerang leaves you vulnerable if carelessly tossed in the neutral game. You can still use u-tilt to catch players in the air, but only use u-smash to pressure people's feet that are standing on platforms. The shorter range in that game actually helps serve this niche purpose better (not worth the trade off however).

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Yeah I tried going back to Melee Link and I was horribad with him. He has far fewer options in that game than Project M and is also a lot slower.

However, I do want to know how Lord HDL would do in P:M. Sure he would have to adapt long and hard to the new Link but still. #greatestlinkplayer

Heero Yuy

#sweg
(Double post, sorry.)

What do you guys think of Link on Wi-Fi play? I'm going to be doing that more these days in order to rack up experience. So far I feel as though my Link is way more defensive online than how I usually play offline, but I'd like to know everyone's opinions.

Also, if anybody has Skype...I was thinking of making a conference with a lot of P:M Links. Sort of like a back room for this one character.

SheldonH44

Smash Cadet
I have a few questions for any link mains out there, I just picked him up a few days ago.
1. What's the advantage to AGT's opposed to simply throwing it while in air?
2. Is Link's wavedash timing different than most characters? I find it very hard to consistently perform them while I can wavedash fluently with most others.
3. Is a ground glide toss possible with Link? I can do it with Diddy and various others but for some reason I can't with link.

Fortress

Smash Master
AGT lets you mix up approaches in that you can have some precise amount of control over where you go after the throw. Learn it, and use it. It helps off-stage for recovery in various ways, and on stage in its own.

Link's wavedash timing is a little different than most others, and he doesn't particularly benefit from it. Learning it can be useful, but Link's wavedash isn't a pivotal part of his game.

I believe Link's grounded glide-toss is difficult just difficult in the way that his wavedash is, but shorthopped AGT can make up for it.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Link's wavedash timing is a little different than most others, and he doesn't particularly benefit from it. Learning it can be useful, but Link's wavedash isn't a pivotal part of his game.
Link's wavedash is still pretty good for spacing a lot of his moves. I like to wavedash back to avoid Falcon's knee's sweetspot, and sometimes I even WD OoS followed with an upB to send most characters flying. It's not a technique for Link to use in movement but rather just spacing in general, which is very important for Link.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I can never find an opportunity where I'd want to wavedash with Link.
I'd just rather jump back and throw ****.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The best opportunity to wavedash is using it out of shield and when wavelanding.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Tried this today on both level 9 Fox and Falco:

Grab --> Uthrow --> Move a little to the left/right and pivot --> double jab --> buffer with a grab --> uthrow again --> aerial (preferably Uair)

Instant 0% --> 60%. Probably already founded a while ago but just throwing out this discovery.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
On computers you just CG them by following their DI.
Also, you can't get double jab > grab unless the opponent decides to hold shield.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
The thing is, spacies are heavy and fall fast so at low %'s their DI really doesn't do them much good. Just like how Marth has a guaranteed chain grab on them <20%.

And Idk what it's called (jab cancel I think), but on the IASA frames of the 2nd jab you can buffer with a Dsmash, Ftilt, Grab, etc.

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
The thing is, spacies are heavy and fall fast so at low %'s their DI really doesn't do them much good. Just like how Marth has a guaranteed chain grab on them <20%.

And Idk what it's called (jab cancel I think), but on the IASA frames of the 2nd jab you can buffer with a Dsmash, Ftilt, Grab, etc.
I know you can cancel it, I'm saying you will not grab anybody out of it. Jump and side-step say hello.

Any Links going to APEX?
I am~

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I know you can cancel it, I'm saying you will not grab anybody out of it. Jump and side-step say hello.
Okay maybe it's not a guaranteed follow-up, then. But even then spacies can shine out of stuff like Marth's and Peach's chain grabs, so it's still a great small risk high reward combo.

Top Bottom