• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Social Thread

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I'm not sure if everyone knows this or not, but you can combo your back air into a DAC, grab, forward smash, or boomerang. IASA frames ftw.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Thanks. I actually found that out myself in the Link matchup thread. I'll be going there to absorb more info about him and his matchups. :)

Pug

Smash Apprentice
In fact it shouldn't work at all. It's a bit trickier with tap jump off. You have to hit one of the buttons you have jump mapped to and then slam the control stick up and hit b simultaneously a moment later.

When I screw it up I usually haven't gotten the control stick up in time, which either results in doing a normal aerial up B (which is DISASTROUS because it's so punishable), or I jump off the edge while throwing a boomerang.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I only DACUS after an Fthrow, and even then why do that when you can get better followups after a Dthrow?

DACUS I feel like is another flashy thing like the falling UpB.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
(Double post, sorry. I really wanted to ask this question though.)

I often make the mistake when trying to pull out a bomb off stage, I fastfall then I fall to my doom. I do pull off successful AGT recoveries, but I'm still making this mistake and I'm not too sure why.

How do I not fastfall while pulling out the bomb? Also how do you guys get out of the tumbling animation - by pulling out the bomb or by another means?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You get out of tumble by dash dancing in the air.

You don't fast fall when pulling a bomb by moving your stick down slowly as if you are tilting. You can do this and move the stick all the way down before pulling a bomb. You can also put the stick in the downwards position during your previous action, such as hitstun, jumping, agt, or whatever.

Player -0

Smash Hero
(Double post, sorry. I really wanted to ask this question though.)

I often make the mistake when trying to pull out a bomb off stage, I fastfall then I fall to my doom. I do pull off successful AGT recoveries, but I'm still making this mistake and I'm not too sure why.

How do I not fastfall while pulling out the bomb? Also how do you guys get out of the tumbling animation - by pulling out the bomb or by another means?
You can get out of tumble by mashing side to side on the control stick. There are a certain amount of inputs it takes.

I have trouble with the bomb thing too, it's mainly panic but you have to only tilt down the control stick a little bit.

Third

Smash Rookie
He's just shielding and then hitting the C-stick forward to throw it. It works in PM, and can be done with any throwable item.

Last edited:

The_Dark_Linksman

Smash Rookie
Hey folks, TUSM here on an ancient account. I just started playing this game I guess about a week or two ago, and I have come to enjoy it quite a bit. I main Link just like I did in Melee, and he feels amazing for once. It's not a COMPLETE struggle to win now. I'm having trouble against the faster characters (read: spacies and Falcon), but I'm dealing with it slowly, but surely.

Giving my input on the bomb pull subject, I always pull mine out right after a double jump, tilting the control stick diagonally down and towards the stage. I don't bomb jump 'cause for some reason my bomb either flies away or the explosion doesn't hit me, so I glide toss straight up, then as I'm still ascending, I return the control stick to that same diagonal position and repeat as necessary.

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
What exactly does Germ do here and is it possible to do in P:M? I assume he's JC'ing a bomb throw out of shield.

http://youtu.be/ltHolKri7EI?t=3m22s
You can do this in P:M, but I think the bomb explosions in P:M are bigger, so whereas in the video only Marth gets hit, you'd probably get hit in P:M as well as Marth, at least that's been my experience using this, if someone has found a way around that please let me know haha

Heero Yuy

#sweg
The perfect moonwalk seems really weird...

I'm holding A and tapping the C-stick but always end up either turning around OR Fsmashing.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
The perfect moonwalk seems really weird...

I'm holding A and tapping the C-stick but always end up either turning around OR Fsmashing.
Make sure you're holding the control stick forward and tapping the C-Stick at the right angle. So keep the control stick still and tap with the C-Stick.

Wasn't thinking, the thing above is for pivot walking.

For Moonwalk you do a moonwalk then tap the C-Stick forward and keep the control stick in the spot you finished the moonwalk with. Just make sure you tap the C-Stick early enough or you get an F-Smash. If you get a pivot then you did the C-Stick too slow and the pivot animation keeps you from doing an F-Smash. At least I think.

Last edited:

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Use a shoulder button for A. Makes it much easier.

Also makes dacus easier :3

Last edited:

J3f

Smash Cadet
You can do this in P:M, but I think the bomb explosions in P:M are bigger, so whereas in the video only Marth gets hit, you'd probably get hit in P:M as well as Marth, at least that's been my experience using this, if someone has found a way around that please let me know haha
It's possible to throw a point blank bomb, I go over it in this thread on SHAGing http://smashboards.com/threads/new-link-tech-to-do-grounded-glide-tossing.346341/

TLDR: Short Hop then as soon as the jump squat animation finishes AGT away from your opponent. It's like wavedash out of shield, but you also AGT.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Nothing annoys me more than messing up a grounded UpB, flying into the air, and getting punished hard for it. To anybody with tap jump on, please tell me how to grounded upB better.

(And please don't say "practice more". I feel like there's some kind of window that I'm missing to get the successful upB.)

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I was going to say that but people like it for some masochistic reason.

Fortress

Smash Master
Nothing annoys me more than messing up a grounded UpB, flying into the air, and getting punished hard for it. To anybody with tap jump on, please tell me how to grounded upB better.

(And please don't say "practice more". I feel like there's some kind of window that I'm missing to get the successful upB.)
Hit b sooner.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Just use Y.

I can up B OoS without tap jump. Just takes practice.
Slide your finger from Y to B and do it like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom