• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Moveset Tier List

SSBKNIGHT

Smash Cadet
Top:
Down Smash
B air
Z air
D air
F air
U air
High:
Foward Smash
Grab throw backward
Grab throw up
Up A
Grab throw foward
Bomb
Boomarage
Up B
Jab Attack
N air
Mid:
Arrow
Grab throw down
Up smash
Foward A
Low:
Up taunt
Side Taunt
Down Taunt
Down A

If you think a move should be lower or higher tell me

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
You're missing Zair, which would probably be high tier and Nair which would be just as high if not higher. Also, Dtilt can spike.

Also, Usmash isn't THAT useful...

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
The Usmash isn't terribly useful, as is the DAC. Utilt is like the best move, Bomb is also amazing, Nair is amazing, AND JAB AT LAST?!

WTF.

Jab is amazing! Seriously.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Jab Cancel into Fsmash or grab is amazing. It's totally versatile and the AA jab combo is a beautiful move in order to get some breathing room.

Usmash is only useful out of shield or using it as a finish to a chain of hits. It's pretty darn laggy and the DAC isn't the ultimate technique of Godliness.

Utilt, Nair, bombs and Bair are some of Link's amazing moves.

Also, arrows are great for hindering opponent's recoveries as well as arrow canceling all your projectiles for excellent spammage.

And Marsulas is right, Fsmash as the number 1 move? No thanks, it's good for KOs or spacing but you can't rely on it to be very useful.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I think utilt, jab, dsmash, zair, nair, bair, dair, fsmash, and fair are Links best moves in that order. The projectiles are ok but they're not spectacular. Ftilt is nice out of a pivot boost and has good KO potential, but in the end it's too laggy to be super effective. Dtilt really has no use besides the spike, it can't even be used as a reliable poke.

I also think the order of his throws is: down, forward, up, back.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Lol at Fair being up there twice. Is one of them supposed to account for the second hit?

Also CLEARLY the best move of Link's moveset is the Grab Attack. It's just impossible to win without bopping your opponent on the head with your sword.

sasook

Smash Champion
No way upthrow is that high. Just no. It's the worst grab out of the 4.

No way dthrow is that low.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Top:
Down Smash
B air
Z air
D air
F air
U air
High...

If you think a move should be lower or higher tell me
Why does this even matter? You have to use the right move in the right situation, it doesn't matter if a move is "better" if it won't get the job done. This thread is pointless.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Frankly I agree with Ich Bin here.
I think this type of discussion is a waste of time and space, even though theoretically it is a cool idea.
Not trying to bash you SSBKNIGHT, especially since you're new.
But from what I've seen in other boards this type of thread and discussion really doesn't go anywhere.

But thanks for contributing anyways!

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I think utilt, jab, dsmash, zair, nair, bair, dair, fsmash, and fair are Links best moves in that order. The projectiles are ok but they're not spectacular. Ftilt is nice out of a pivot boost and has good KO potential, but in the end it's too laggy to be super effective. Dtilt really has no use besides the spike, it can't even be used as a reliable poke.

I also think the order of his throws is: down, forward, up, back.
F-tilt could have little to none lag out of Pivot Boost, I don't mean this literally. Proper spacing > Pivot Boost > Ftilt could leave you un-punished with it's lagless ending.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I'm gonna play it conservative and say.......

In no particular order....

Top Tier:

Jab
Zair
Grab
F-Smash

High:

Nair
Gale Boomerang

Then it starts getting a little gray for me.

Edit: This is based on versatility of the moves and what you can accomplish with them and general usefulness. There is no "one ring to rule them all" moves...that would be insane to say...

slickvic

Smash Apprentice
New York City/currently in Los Angeles (college)
i think his bombs should be near the top. they are by far his best projectile, has the most uses, and seeing as how projectiles are a big part of his game, id move it close to the top. also, id put zair on top. just my opinion, but its his most useful move. dsmash is awesome, but the lag just makes it second best in my opinion. zair is very versatile

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
The upthrow kills people at decent percentages, so I think that move is highly underrated. The fact you can just shield grab + upthrow for a kill is pretty amazing.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I always found the boomerang to be more useful than bombs personally. I do a lot of jab locking and gale guarding...personal preference I guess. I knew putting Boomerang over bombs would be tabboo...

The upthrow kills people at decent percentages, so I think that move is highly underrated. The fact you can just shield grab + upthrow for a kill is pretty amazing.
Yeah, I killed a guy like that yesterday. He was at like 175% though :psycho:

Deva

Smash Lord
this thread is utter fail, there's no point in discussing how good Link's moves are. Each move has a time and place to be used and for the most part are not better than any other move.

Deva

Smash Lord
^^
lol

I seriously believe Nintendo used all the info and glitches Gimpy found at E3 and used them to make Brawl as bad as possible, aka notice how none of the glitches him and the rest of the smashers found at E3 were in the final release of the game. They were probably like, "who better to find the competitive aspects of our game than the pros from melee themselves." They had Gimpy and them find them since their own game testers sucked xD. And now Brawl is what it is thanks to the pro melee players. So yeah, dont be surprised if this list is somehow looked at by sakurai and used against Link in the next game. I mean, what was the one thing you'd always see if you walked into the melee Link boards? Hype about the Scrahh!!!!! And look where it is now. Coincidence?? o_0

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry SSBKNIGHT the Link Boards eat u at the smallest sign of spam threads. I mean other character boards have this and nobody complains about it existing just about the way things are ordered. I think wat ur doing is a gd idea. Obviously u use attacks depending on the situation but this thread is for the attacks u shud use most often. I recomment uair no as top tier but as bottom as it is very hard to land and is not even that powerful. DAC shud be top instead.

Personally I don't think Sakurai has a grudge against Link and it's just a coincidence of his position in the tier lists. Despite his placing Link is a popular character and we shudn't worry about Sakurai looking at this list to make Link worse. He could make his own list if he wanted so there'e no need to worry

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Lol this wud be the list IMO. If ur gonna update SSBKNIGHT then maybe u cud use sum of my ideas. Remember people before u flame me this is for the moves u shud use often. All attacks can be used in their situation but this is how often the situation to use the move turns up.

Top:
DAC
Z air
Gale Boomarang
N air
D air

High:
U tilt
Foward Smash
Bomb
D Smash
B air