• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
@Macchiato

Why was I summoned here? We don't raid fellow Triforce bearers, sis. Even Ganon. Thought we were preparing for the Rosalinas?
The Rosalinas? It's about time. They're one of two characters I dread fighting as anyone (the being Sonic and those ****ing invincibility frames).

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
It seems like the only people on FG last night were Sonics. At first I was mad when I came to my second Sonic after getting rekt by the first one (think I only took one match out of seven; the one match was the most satisfying, though, got a spike and a Ganoncide) but I started seeing patterns develop and options open up. The second Sonic was pretty even (he was a good learner) but by the third and fourth Sonics I was winning consistently (they all used similar tactics). I ragequit the fifth Sonic due to unplayable lag, but it was still a success by the end.

SOOooo yes. 5 Sonics in a row. I'll be taking a break from FG for a while.

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I'm opening up the lobby for war on Ganondorf. Come one, Come all and let us anoint the land in our crimson pride.
As stated before, I'll be running the Apex '15 ruleset so prepare accordingly and VC at your leisure. I'll try to get at least 5 rounds in with every entrant, after which I'll gauge playing more or closing the lobby to open up for another Ganny. I'll put GGs in the name tab for closure, so without further ado, My open invitation to war stands until I stand no more

I'll edit/post here when I'm done. Thanks a lot, and I'll be recording as many matches as possible for analysis. ;)

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I'm opening up the lobby for war on Ganondorf. Come one, Come all and let us anoint the land in our crimson pride.
As stated before, I'll be running the Apex '15 ruleset so prepare accordingly and VC at your leisure. I'll try to get at least 5 rounds in with every entrant, after which I'll gauge playing more or closing the lobby to open up for another Ganny. I'll put GGs in the name tab for closure, so without further ado, My open invitation to war stands until I stand no more

I'll edit/post here when I'm done. Thanks a lot, and I'll be recording as many matches as possible for analysis. ;)
I'm taking matches from Ganons as well, I want to see what's so "even" about the matchup.
Ok, I broke out of the Sacred Realm ...I mean I am free again so if anyone of you wants to challenge me on the 3ds, let's go.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Fought a Shiek that trapped me in grabs the whole time... didn't realize these guys resort to such blasphemy.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Fought a Shiek that trapped me in grabs the whole time... didn't realize these guys resort to such blasphemy.
She has to, her kill power and damage racking is atrocious. Most sheiks go for grab resets after a fair, ftilt and jab cancel so look out for that stuff.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
You might be think of her chain-grab from uair. Sheiks in general to like to grab a lot, and as Link, there are many openings for her to do so.

I find when fighting Sheik, as one sided as the match-up is, its best to stay in the center of the stage. Shiek has very little in the way of vertical killing except for Vanish, Up-smash and Uair (not as risky, but also kills kinda late unless its up high), all very risky moves. Being in the center helps against gimps as well. I think a lot of Links just instinctually stay near the ledge because its a good position for them but for Sheik, don't.

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I have fought two Ganondorfs as of this post, one on 3ds @ the king of murder the king of murder and one on WiiU @ Opana Opana .
I'm switching some settings on my device so I can record the WiiU matches I saved (as I sadly cannot record the 3DS ones)

I fear I will not be able to fight some of the Ganondorfs today, but be that as it may, I have lost the majority of the matches played. Thus far I'd conclude that the MU itself is near dead-even and stage selection tips the scale either way. GGs to those I played, and I apologize for a lot of SDs, as I am testing a few different playstyles per match, and it's not very well orchestrated.

I'll hit the MU thread with the vids when they're uploaded, and you guys can start to analyze a little closer. I hope you guys don't mind, but I was switching between suicidally aggressive and our usual meta mid match and it looks like I've lost my mind. This is intended to show what they can do to us, and what we can do about it. That being said, I do hope none will misconstrue this as me johning. I'm perfectly happy losing matches for the sake of research.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I was going to warn up on fg but couldn't pass up playing you so it took me a few matches to powershielr some stuff but yeah I did get overwhelmed at times by bombs.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Aww, I'm real busy and all this fun stuff happens on the forums :crying:
I'm curious, did you play the Wii U eshop version? Because i think that might have been the cause of the problems you had with the sword and falling into holes. I played it on the GBA and I don't recall ever having those issues. I wouldn't be surprised if the port had some problems along those lines.
Yeah, it was made for GBA and I played it on a big screen with a pro controller. That probably accounted for the hitboxes seeming off.
We shall cross swords again my adversary. But Twinrova, my mother has called me.
I don't know how to break this to you but...

...you were adopted.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
@FGC-Oni dude, are you still looking for a Fierce Deity model from Hyrule Warriors (I think that's what you said)? Cause I found one if you want to use it

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It saddens me to think how many people don't know Ganondorf's (sorta) last name. Thank you for being an exception good sir.
Have a friendship for your informedness.
I though it was "the king of Porkness" :smirk:

Also, nice picture, very cute :)

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Hah, good times. Sent that to Lozjam a couple days ago.
Just think of pulling that off from Link's gale winning a doubles set. How crazy would the room get?
If only Ganondorf could skip the villainy for a game or two, we might even be able to enjoy go-karting together.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
It is our destiny to fight each other for eternity. At the same time we are bound by the Triforce. Perhaps some day old foe we can fight side by side maybe in another time.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It is our destiny to fight each other for eternity. At the same time we are bound by the Triforce. Perhaps some day old foe we can fight side by side maybe in another time.

Wait, really? Link Ganon slash? Why, why? Why am I surprised that this exists, of course it does...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
*fans self*

Erm... so how about that Demise DLC for Hyrule Warriors tho? Think we'll be getting any more characters?
Oh Gods, I love your avatar man :).

Wait, really? Link Ganon slash? Why, why? Why am I surprised that this exists, of course it does...
Wait, what do you mean? I see the picture as Link and Ganon being friends.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
No one said anything about the / El, it's all in your head :p
Are you implying this pic is supposed to be a pairing of them?
It looks like one. Maybe I've been despoiled by the internet...what am I saying, there's not maybe there. Honestly look at it and tell me that it doesn't just scream slash at you.

Don't change Kid.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Oh Gods, I love your avatar man :).

Thank youu, it's a "gijinka" of Greninja. The full pic has a pokezard next to him.

And I've seen that pic before in a brotherly interpretation of someone who wanted Zelda U Link to be raised as a Gerudo

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
It looks like one. Maybe I've been despoiled by the internet...what am I saying, there's not maybe there. Honestly look at it and tell me that it doesn't just scream slash at you.
Maybe you have seen some things here in the internet that we didn't which makes you say that kind of thing. hmm....

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I doesn't scream slash to me. I don't even know what slash means.
Don't change Kid.
I won't, I guess?

Thank youu, it's a "gijinka" of Greninja. The full pic has a pokezard next to him.

And I've seen that pic before in a brotherly interpretation of someone who wanted Zelda U Link to be raised as a Gerudo
Well, it's freaken awesome :). Where did you find it anyway?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

I won't, I guess?

This isn't the first time someone's asked me, heh, but here is the full version

Here you go dear c:
Charizard's gijinka looks silly in comparison

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
A: Slash whether it be fanart, fanfiction or any other form of fanwork is implied as a romantic attraction between the characters disregarding canon plot and canon sexuality. Alternatively it can involve characters from different works altogether for the often exercised Crossover pairing. Case in point, Elessar is implying that Archery is being used a romantic situation bringing Link and Ganondorf "closer" together, in much the same way schmucks use golf lessons to hug their partners.

B: A simple Google Image search of "Link Ganondorf" will turn it up. Alternately you may right click the image and select "copy image url" and your computer will do the heavy lifting for you.
Squadahllah! http://i.imgur.com/OVAP6ES.jpg?1

Top Bottom