• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Just as a FYI (since Breadloaf might have made things confusing) this is the social thread. The MU thread lies therein:

http://smashboards.com/threads/mu-the-evil-king-ganondorf.390139/

We eagerly await your contribution to it as well as your activity. Just be wary, you tread on the Link Boards. In case our fame hasn't really he'd your measly tower, we're nothing to be triffled with. There's a reason 70% of our boards consist on locked threads.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ HeavyLobster HeavyLobster was that you who joined? Sorry my controls were off since I was experimenting with different controls and had to reset them. Hosting again.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Just as a FYI (since Breadloaf might have made things confusing) this is the social thread. The MU thread lies therein:

http://smashboards.com/threads/mu-the-evil-king-ganondorf.390139/

We eagerly await your contribution to it as well as your activity. Just be wary, you tread on the Link Boards. In case our fame hasn't really he'd your measly tower, we're nothing to be triffled with. There's a reason 70% of our boards consist on locked threads.
You think your threats frighten us, boy? We are the Lords of Darkness, and we will not rest until this rivalry is begun!

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Hey Ganon, remember that time you escaped from the Sacred Realm only to die the same exact way at the hands of our kid ancestor? Lol good times.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
You think your threats frighten us, boy? We are the Lords of Darkness, and we will not rest until this rivalry is begun!
I wasn't threatening, just warning you. Look, we heartily welcome any bearer of the triforce. Any member of the triforce tier is a sworn brother or sister for us. Only us have known the pain and suffering, and only us are men enough to stick to our main.

There is no rivalry, and no need for one. But if you are seeking one know that we are bearers of courage. We are never afraid.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I wasn't threatening, just warning you. Look, we heartily welcome any bearer of the triforce. Any member of the triforce tier is a sworn brother or sister for us. Only us have known the pain and suffering, and only us are men enough to stick to our main.

There is no rivalry, and no need for one. But if you are seeking one know that we are bearers of courage. We are never afraid.
We are seeking a rivalry, for the good of both of our characters. We want the development and drive that comes only from a rivalry so both of our character communities may flourish, and both of our characters may be as well developed as they possibly can. Plus, trash talking is a lot of fun. XD

Breadloaf

Smash Apprentice
We are seeking a rivalry, for the good of both of our characters. We want the development and drive that comes only from a rivalry so both of our character communities may flourish, and both of our characters may be as well developed as they possibly can. Plus, trash talking is a lot of fun. XD
Magus 1v1 me brah

Ps. I agree about the smack talk its fun. Plus theirs no harm in it we are all Triforce tier after all.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Honestly, if there's someone we should be upset with, it would be Zelda. Think about it, you go through all that work enslaving Hyrule, we go through all that work stopping you, and what does she do? She just sits back and watches it happen from the balcony of her castle. She never had to face the hardships of growing up in the forest or the desert. And yet the games still get named after her.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I can wifi a Ganon too, but I am in Europe -- so close to that..? By the way, a Ganon placed well in our last tournament, here. Should have been top 8 -- but due to some accidents --!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sorry about that lag spike. I got a phone call and my ancient building's wiring just can't handle it. Try rejoining.
@ HeavyLobster HeavyLobster GGs. The lag got to where it was completely unplayable that last game lol.

Last edited:
We could call it the illusion stab in reference to the melee/64 sustained jab.

Edit: and then my browser finally loads the next two pages. Well, okay.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
For someone with the name "Hylian", I'm disappointed you don't main Link.

Sorry, I don't let my enjoyment of a game series decide my characters for me. I just play whoever I have the most fun with.

I like how you assume I don't know how to play link though :p.

Breadloaf

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I don't let my enjoyment of a game series decide my characters for me. I just play whoever I have the most fun with.

I like how you assume I don't know how to play link though :p.

Lol, Hylian im pretty sure everyone knows you play link, pretty sure he was making a joke

pS. how about you upload a 3.5 video that metaknight set is pretty old.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I was being lazy :(.
Incidentally, not to derail your discussion, but do you happen to know what's up with Legan? He hasn't been on since December: is he still around occasionally? I loved the friendlies you had with him. We know he has no Wii U and is semi-retired, sadly.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Incidentally, not to derail your discussion, but do you happen to know what's up with Legan? He hasn't been on since December: is he still around occasionally? I loved the friendlies you had with him. We know he has no Wii U and is semi-retired, sadly.
Yeah he doesn't really play smash lol. He'll occasionally come over and play melee, but I don't think he enjoys Smash 4 too much(and I don't really either sadly) so I wouldn't expect to see much of him around.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
@ Rizen Rizen Do not think this ends here. The history of light and shadow shall be written in blood! GGs, hope to play again sometime.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
So who won? Care to comment on the MU thread now?

@ Hylian Hylian give Legan our best. He shall be missed.
I took a couple matches, but he won more than I did. I'm not sure how my experience translates to the broader MU because I'm not the best when it comes to dealing with projectiles and good campers, but I'm currently leaning 55:45 Link. With customs it might be even.

Breadloaf

Smash Apprentice
I took a couple matches, but he won more than I did. I'm not sure how my experience translates to the broader MU because I'm not the best when it comes to dealing with projectiles and good campers, but I'm currently leaning 55:45 Link. With customs it might be even.
Ill agree that with customs on it might be even. Ganon gets some of the best specials in the game that make him viable.

Edit: I know meleerang is beast, ganons customs help ALOT

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Keep in mind that with customs we get the boomerang which is a combo machine. Alas, customs are not tourney legal.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Just power shield anything and everything. 63/35 Ganon, it's pretty obvious.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Just power shield anything and everything. 63/35 Ganon, it's pretty obvious.
Honestly, if there's someone we should be upset with, it would be Zelda. Think about it, you go through all that work enslaving Hyrule, we go through all that work stopping you, and what does she do? She just sits back and watches it happen from the balcony of her castle. She never had to face the hardships of growing up in the forest or the desert. And yet the games still get named after her.
here's a suggestion:why don't we collectively raid the Zelda forums

Rizen

Smash Legend
You can't judge MUs by wifi but I feel Link has a solid advantage. Even with customs Link has the advantage. Ganon has a heck of a time getting close to a defensive Link and Link can get out fairly easily.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
The “Zelda” games have traditionally included swords and sorcery, like “Game of Thrones” or “Lord of the Rings,” but typically with a more light-hearted, kid-friendly tone
Apparently stabbing your enemy in the forehead is now considered light-hearted, kid-friendly. Morons everywhere. They can't see past the bright colors.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I just finished LoZ The Minish Cap, 2005 for the Game Boy Advance, and here's a little review for those interested:

I feel this game is a mixed bag; it had some very clever and very lame elements to it. I can tell Minish Cap (MC) was made for younger players and that was fine since it didn't treat them like idiots. It was easy but challenging enough to keep my interest. The main gimmicks of MC we shrinking to very small, 'minish' size and back to normal, some toned down 'Four Sword' multiple Links puzzles and 'kinstones' that you had to find half of and combine with another character's half to make good things happen like doors in trees opening.

The good:
The main premise of having little elf-like minish people living in secret holes and mushrooms was charming. It allowed for interesting and fresh puzzles.
Kinstones ended up being addicting to collect and complete. The game is full of secrets and extras. Having kinstones gave the player a reason to talk to everyone and find all the nooks and crannies minish might be hiding in.
Some elements were really cool. Bosses like the fire, wind, sky and final boss had cool premises.
The whole take on the LoZ format was true but fresh. It felt like it's own game (unlike Oracle games which copied Link's Awakening).

The bad:
Your partner was a grumpy old worrywart. He was my least favorite partner of any LoZ. He also was unhelpful with information that review the obvious objective and offered no hints or insite to solving a problem.
The hitboxes and hurtboxes were vague and often worked against you. If Link brushes against a hole he'll fall right in but his sword attack is smaller than the swing visual effect for example. Due to the ease of the game this didn't interfere with the enjoyment too much except in a few challenges.
Although some bosses were clever and fun, others were lame and tedious, specifically the earth and ice boss. The final boss had a cool premise but felt very tedious and drawn out due to poor game mechanics. The lame bosses could be hard to hit, even if you knew what you were aiming for, but also very easy to dodge. You took hits trying to get hits in but could run around them for hours without taking damage.
The 'Four Sword' mechanics didn't work and became obvious but tedious fast. Link had to charge his spin attack, build up an energy gauge, and step on glowing panels to split into multiple Links to hit multiple switches or pressure plates at once. If Link could charge his sword energy much faster it would have made the puzzles requiring him to do so not nearly as annoying.
Most of Link's moves and items felt like toned down versions of other LoZ items. The boomerang was much more limited than in ALttP. The lantern felt like a cruddier fire rod. Shielding was slow and limited mobility. Sword swings had little reach and charging spin attacks took longer than any other LoZ game. Etc.
Finally, many story elements were limited by progression triggers. You couldn't enter a shop or house because it "wasn't open yet" or some NPC was standing in the doorway and wouldn't move until you progressed far enough elsewhere in the story.

The overall game was enjoyable and kept my interest. It wouldn't rate with the great LoZ titles but could hold it's own against most bird's eye adventure games. The downsides usually didn't interfere with enjoying the game. It was only $10 on Wii U E-shop and worth that price.
My rating is 7.5/10

PS here's a nifty exploit I found:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRzMnCIjsgA

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I just finished LoZ The Minish Cap, 2005 for the Game Boy Advance, and here's a little review for those interested:

I feel this game is a mixed bag; it had some very clever and very lame elements to it. I can tell Minish Cap (MC) was made for younger players and that was fine since it didn't treat them like idiots. It was easy but challenging enough to keep my interest. The main gimmicks of MC we shrinking to very small, 'minish' size and back to normal, some toned down 'Four Sword' multiple Links puzzles and 'kinstones' that you had to find half of and combine with another character's half to make good things happen like doors in trees opening.

The good:
The main premise of having little elf-like minish people living in secret holes and mushrooms was charming. It allowed for interesting and fresh puzzles.
Kinstones ended up being addicting to collect and complete. The game is full of secrets and extras. Having kinstones gave the player a reason to talk to everyone and find all the nooks and crannies minish might be hiding in.
Some elements were really cool. Bosses like the fire, wind, sky and final boss had cool premises.
The whole take on the LoZ format was true but fresh. It felt like it's own game (unlike Oracle games which copied Link's Awakening).

The bad:
Your partner was a grumpy old worrywart. He was my least favorite partner of any LoZ. He also was unhelpful with information that review the obvious objective and offered no hints or insite to solving a problem.
The hitboxes and hurtboxes were vague and often worked against you. If Link brushes against a hole he'll fall right in but his sword attack is smaller than the swing visual effect for example. Due to the ease of the game this didn't interfere with the enjoyment too much except in a few challenges.
Although some bosses were clever and fun, others were lame and tedious, specifically the earth and ice boss. The final boss had a cool premise but felt very tedious and drawn out due to poor game mechanics. The lame bosses could be hard to hit, even if you knew what you were aiming for, but also very easy to dodge. You took hits trying to get hits in but could run around them for hours without taking damage.
The 'Four Sword' mechanics didn't work and became obvious but tedious fast. Link had to charge his spin attack, build up an energy gauge, and step on glowing panels to split into multiple Links to hit multiple switches or pressure plates at once. If Link could charge his sword energy much faster it would have made the puzzles requiring him to do so not nearly as annoying.
Most of Link's moves and items felt like toned down versions of other LoZ items. The boomerang was much more limited than in ALttP. The lantern felt like a cruddier fire rod. Shielding was slow and limited mobility. Sword swings had little reach and charging spin attacks took longer than any other LoZ game. Etc.
Finally, many story elements were limited by progression triggers. You couldn't enter a shop or house because it "wasn't open yet" or some NPC was standing in the doorway and wouldn't move until you progressed far enough elsewhere in the story.

The overall game was enjoyable and kept my interest. It wouldn't rate with the great LoZ titles but could hold it's own against most bird's eye adventure games. The downsides usually didn't interfere with enjoying the game. It was only $10 on Wii U E-shop and worth that price.
My rating is 7.5/10

PS here's a nifty exploit I found:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRzMnCIjsgA
I can't believe you didn't like Ezlo. XD I really like Minish cap, it's one of my favorite Zelda's

I'm curious, did you play the Wii U eshop version? Because i think that might have been the cause of the problems you had with the sword and falling into holes. I played it on the GBA and I don't recall ever having those issues. I wouldn't be surprised if the port had some problems along those lines.

Also, I can understand why some people wouldn't like the "progress triggers" as you called them. Personally, that was one of the things I liked about the game. It gave it the feeling that the entire overworld was a gigantic temple where you had to solve puzzles and complete quests in order to navigate to the end. Although it did put a damper on the whole adventure aspect, the dungeons and temples have always been my favorite part of the Zelda games so I found it to be quite enjoyable.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I have to replay Minish Cap but it was also one of my favorites. I am currently playing Hyrule Warriors / Link's Awakening. I'm really enjoying both at the moment.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I remember really enjoy Minish Cap. I was annoyed at first that it felt a bit like they were trying to hard to shoe horn Oot nostalgia into the game and that didn't allow it to be its own game, but eventually the game over game that and it became fun on its own. I loved that you hard sword techniques which you could unlock and I'm a suckered for the whole "seeing the world from another perspective" so I lived the shrinking thing. Also, you're besties with Zelda from the get go. Win in my book.

Top Bottom