• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Last tournament here someone lost to a Diddy twice in the loser's semi-finals with Sheik, then beat the Diddy twice with Luigi -- and then the final match of the set became a Luigi ditto!

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I would assume he means MR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WopeWm7qLc

went on FG against my better judgement and found a couple of good players (a Captain Falcon that was exceptionally good) and right before I got off I fought a really basic diddy who taunted everytime he got D-throw to U-air... So I bomb footstooled him and proceeded to jab lock both his stocks the second round and he left. I then recieved a message on miiverse assumedly from said guy calling me out for playing a "broked char" and relying on cheap tactics to win.......

So I replied by drawing this into miiverse.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I then recieved a message on miiverse assumedly from said guy calling me out for playing a "broked char" and relying on cheap tactics to win.......

See, this is what I didn't want, people calling Link cheap. If they only knew the hard work and dedication it takes to play him even decently.

Scrubs, scrubs the lot of them.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I would assume he means MR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WopeWm7qLc

went on FG against my better judgement and found a couple of good players (a Captain Falcon that was exceptionally good) and right before I got off I fought a really basic diddy who taunted everytime he got D-throw to U-air... So I bomb footstooled him and proceeded to jab lock both his stocks the second round and he left. I then recieved a message on miiverse assumedly from said guy calling me out for playing a "broked char" and relying on cheap tactics to win.......

So I replied by drawing this into miiverse.
When a Diddy player tells YOU you play a broken character you know he got rekt bad...

Scrub Diddy's seem to think its sm4sh law that they can't lose to anyone.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Dropping by because something caught my attention and I haven't said hi to you guys in a while. Anyways @ link7 link7 , don't take tier lists that are made this early seriously, I know you mentioned not official but still. Tier lists are made by analyzing a lot of values/variables. Most of the tier lists flying around this early (3 months only!) are mostly made on personal opinion or on community voted results which are based on opinions as well. While we might see some characters having clear advantages over others at this point, there are a lot of things that are still yet to be discovered or analyzed.

Also, sup Link mains?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Depends on the person. Usually involves breaking them to the point of no repair.

You specifically you ask? Well what we'd lock you and a group of other Gay mains into a very small room and leave you there for a day without food, water, and wind wakers. Then, when each of you are weak, we gently place one cup of water, one piece of meat, and one wind waker in the center of the room and have you all fight to the death for it.

And btw, the piece of meat is raw, the cup of water is sea water from the ocean you so very much love to sail in, and the wind wakers actually a simple stick that we spray painted.
Oooooook...... Well I see 2 things wrong tithe hat plan.

1. The wind where trick, I am yet to play the game so I have no attachment to the item

2. If you tell me your lab now, I can prepare myself should you do it to me.

Also, this question is to all Link mains, why the hate for Lil Mac? I know you hate all characters that aren't link and y.link, but what's wrong with the pint size boxer? I find him very fun to play.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Also, sup Link mains?
Welcome back Iocuan, I hope you stick around longer. And not much, getting over the aftermath of the discovery of our Jab lock.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what caught your attention?

Finally, @Pinkstar9, I summon you. Explain your prolonged absence. We need you to either manage the Metagame thread or to renounce it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've had people say my Brawl Link's camping was cheap when they played Olimar. Scrubs say the darnedest things.

I have a lot going on. I might not post as much for a time.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin

1. The wind where trick, I am yet to play the game so I have no attachment to the item

Also, this question is to all Link mains, why the hate for Lil Mac? I know you hate all characters that aren't link and y.link, but what's wrong with the pint size boxer? I find him very fun to play.
I think it has more to do with the types of players we face that use Lil Mac. And it's not just Link players. I hate him just as much when I play Ganon, too. Well ok maybe a little less.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings

I do not believe Mac is overpowered so let that be known.

My problem centers around his simplicity. Mac's the type of character that uses cheap and simple tactics and gets rewarded from it. All of his best attacks have super armor and are fast. His running speed is fantastic, and not to mention his KO ability. Every single Mac WILL play the same exact way.
GO! macsalreadyinyourfacedoingadashattackintobackwardsdodgeintosmashattackintododgeinto.... rinse and repeat.

Now if you were able to read the above cluster of letters you will understand that, that hot mess of words is exactly what Little Mac is. But still, Mac is rewarded for being that way. He was designed with simplicity in mind in order to reward the casuals. And if his cheap annoying tactics fail, he can practically get a second chance and fill up that KO gauge and KO you at 40% even though he was about to be KO'd at 130%. He's not overpowered though, just cheap.

Against me, Mac's have quit mid-game. Why? Because I take his greatest weakness and use it against him: his recovery. Mac holds the quickest KO I have ever gotten at 27%. All it took was a shield on his first "oh-so-clever" dash attack, a Bthrow, and a simple Nair. Poor thing just couldn't reach that ledge, even with the second jump.

I refuse to accept Mac as anything but an abomination that isn't Gay.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I think it has more to do with the types of players we face that use Lil Mac. And it's not just Link players. I hate him just as much when I play Ganon, too. Well ok maybe a little less.
Hm fair enough.

I do not believe Mac is overpowered so let that be known.

My problem centers around his simplicity. Mac's the type of character that uses cheap and simple tactics and gets rewarded from it. All of his best attacks have super armor and are fast. His running speed is fantastic, and not to mention his KO ability. Every single Mac WILL play the same exact way.
GO! macsalreadyinyourfacedoingadashattackintobackwardsdodgeintosmashattackintododgeinto.... rinse and repeat.

Now if you were able to read the above cluster of letters you will understand that, that hot mess of words is exactly what Little Mac is. But still, Mac is rewarded for being that way. He was designed with simplicity in mind in order to reward the casuals. And if his cheap annoying tactics fail, he can practically get a second chance and fill up that KO gauge and KO you at 40% even though he was about to be KO'd at 130%. He's not overpowered though, just cheap.

Against me, Mac's have quit mid-game. Why? Because I take his greatest weakness and use it against him: his recovery. Mac holds the quickest KO I have ever gotten at 27%. All it took was a shield on his first "oh-so-clever" dash attack, a Bthrow, and a simple Nair. Poor thing just couldn't reach that ledge, even with the second jump.

I refuse to accept Mac as anything but an abomination that isn't Gay.

BWHAHAHAHAHA. Gods, I can just imagine you with this huge rant face on after reading this. Gods this is priceless!

Anyway, I guess that is then radon why I love little Mac so much, cause he is so cheap to use and annoys the crap out of anyone. He is (in my mind) a much cheaper version of Captain Falcon (though that comparison is some what insulting to Cap). Anyway, I actually like KOing with Macs normal B special rather than the KO uppercut. How ever cheap the Uppercut is, a full charge straight lunge is twice as. Not only does the move KO around 60% on most chacaters and is basically a taunt at the end of then move, if you image it, if Mac didn't have the gloves on, he could potentially be putting the finger up at the opponent, know, if you think about it. (Guess that is also why I like Gay, cause it annoys you guys so much XD )

I actually have another question guys. What is this jab cancel that you keep mention, I haven't heard anything about it.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Hm fair enough.

BWHAHAHAHAHA. Gods, I can just imagine you with this huge rant face on after reading this. Gods this is priceless!

Anyway, I guess that is then radon why I love little Mac so much, cause he is so cheap to use and annoys the crap out of anyone. He is (in my mind) a much cheaper version of Captain Falcon (though that comparison is some what insulting to Cap). Anyway, I actually like KOing with Macs normal B special rather than the KO uppercut. How ever cheap the Uppercut is, a full charge straight lunge is twice as. Not only does the move KO around 60% on most chacaters and is basically a taunt at the end of then move, if you image it, if Mac didn't have the gloves on, he could potentially be putting the finger up at the opponent, know, if you think about it. (Guess that is also why I like Gay, cause it annoys you guys so much XD )
Lol I like to give explanations rather than a simple "he's cheap."

By the way you're growing up to be a fine troll young man...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Lol I like to give explanations rather than a simple "he's cheap."

By the way you're growing up to be a fine troll young man...
Thanks :) though I think I will keep the trolling to you guys. I must stay kind to my fellow tacticans in the Robin threads.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Speaking of the Jab tech, and I hate to do this, but could we come to some kind of consensus as to what it shall be called?
I see a lot of people calling it 'Jab Lock'. My problem with this is that 'Lock' already has a very distinct meaning, and Link doesn't have a 'Jab Lock' any more. This is not to say that we can't just call it the Jab Lock anyway, it's just to say that there's a part of me that instinctively says no to such things XD.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Speaking of the Jab tech, and I hate to do this, but could we come to some kind of consensus as to what it shall be called?
I see a lot of people calling it 'Jab Lock'. My problem with this is that 'Lock' already has a very distinct meaning, and Link doesn't have a 'Jab Lock' any more. This is not to say that we can't just call it the Jab Lock anyway, it's just to say that there's a part of me that instinctively says no to such things XD.
Din's Nut Kick.

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
Does anyone know why this character forum keeps getting filled with threads of people complaining about Link or MU's? It's really annoying. He might be a hard character to use, but it's not that bad are these people just trolling me or what.

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Does anyone know why this character forum keeps getting filled with thread of people complaingina bout Link or MU's? It's really annoying. He might be a hard character to use, but it's not that bad are these people just trolling me or what.
Because people don't know how to ****ing shield projectiles and wait patiently for an opening. They'd rather you use his slow sword moves so they don't have to think when it comes to punishing.

Rizen

Smash Legend
'Jab cancel lock'. Like Brawl Sheik's Ftilt lock but Link jab cancels into jab.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Speaking of jab cancel, what the hell is it?!

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Anyway, I guess that is then radon why I love little Mac so much, cause he is so cheap to use and annoys the crap out of anyone. He is (in my mind) a much cheaper version of Captain Falcon (though that comparison is some what insulting to Cap).
Brah, don't be comparing mah Falcon to some amateur boxer.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Um, if you read the rest of the comment, I said that that comparison is kind of an insult to C.Falcon.
Yes, it is an insult to captain falcon that you would lump him in the same category as Little Mac. You should be ashamed of yourself.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
How about Hylianfinite?

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I remember someone saying Swiping? Not a terrible name to start with at least.

...Slashing?

...Knifing? :)

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yes, it is an insult to captain falcon that you would lump him in the same category as Little Mac. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Yeah, I am ashamed of myself. Or am I ;)?
How bout Illusion Slash
Um isn't already a move I a different game?
Brah, don't be comparing mah Falcon to some amateur boxer.
Oh. Well, I am genuinely sorry of insulting your main. Truly I appol *bows appologetically*

It's this crazy new tech that freezes/locks up the game when you Jab someone, essentially cancelling the match.
Well that's...... Kind of broken actually. How does it work/happen?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Please no XD. While the Hylianfinite is by far my favourite suggestion thus far, the last thing we need is more misinformation about this tech leading people into thinking it is actually an infinite. Unless of course you want it patched out like the ZSS infinite. It's a harmless perk and I intend to keep it around.

Well that's...... Kind of broken actually. How does it work/happen?
I honestly have no idea how to make the game freeze with a Jab.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Um isn't already a move I a different game?
N64 Link had the Illusion Stab whereas it was a move that allowed him to keep stabbing quickly until you stopped tapping A.

Illusion Slash is the return of Illusion Stab. Idk thought it was kind of fitting.

Top Bottom