• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
And D) Know exactly the correct ranges for each character and be able to access and apply that knowledge while engaged in high-level play.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
And D) Know exactly the correct ranges for each character and be able to access and apply that knowledge while engaged in high-level play.
Even our broken exploits require more work and knowledge than some entire chars' meta.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
So, have you guys heard about the jab cancel? And how's toon link? :troll:

Jk. I recently started playing Link more, and finding myself liking him. I don't like him as much as brawl Link, with that amazing dash attack and DACUS, but he's still Link, and has one of the best playstyle feels in Smash.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I agree with this wholeheartedly, but not with what came before this.
Link's dash attack, which was once a great, quick, long range strike, was a great option. Admittedly it had some ending lag, but if used in the correct situation it was great. And it's hard to argue DACUS' usefulness.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Link's dash attack, which was once a great, quick, long range strike, was a great option. Admittedly it had some ending lag, but if used in the correct situation it was great. And it's hard to argue DACUS' usefulness.
I don't argue against the DACUS, but against the DA and about liking brawl Link over this Link. The DA was faster and maybe less punishable, but it was useless. It didn't have decent dmg, it has too much knockback so it couldn't start anything, and it was still slow at start up. Personally, I think it was still awful, just that less punishable than this one.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I don't argue against the DACUS, but against the DA and about liking brawl Link over this Link. The DA was faster and maybe less punishable, but it was useless. It didn't have decent dmg, it has too much knockback so it couldn't start anything, and it was still slow at start up. Personally, I think it was still awful, just that less punishable than this one.
It could combo into stuff and be used as a quick, effective punish, which Link otherwise lacked. Now we have one more kill move. Which is better, quick easy punish, or an extra kill move we don't need IMO?

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
It could combo into stuff and be used as a quick, effective punish, which Link otherwise lacked. Now we have one more kill move. Which is better, quick easy punish, or an extra kill move we don't need IMO?
Using DA after a Bair to punish a missed tech sounds way more satisfying to me.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Using DA after a Bair to punish a missed tech sounds way more satisfying to me.
Yeah, I didn't realize that setup. As a Ganondorf main, I'm all about punishing missed techs. I'll have to keep this in mind.
It's not that I dislike Link's new Dash Attack, I just dislike his current lack of a quick punish.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Yeah, I didn't realize that setup. As a Ganondorf main, I'm all about punishing missed techs. I'll have to keep this in mind.
It's not that I dislike Link's new Dash Attack, I just dislike his current lack of a quick punish.
Jab is our quick punish, jab and gale. This works since thanks to the new mechanic gale can be comboed into fair. Also, I love the new DA actually because it's a hard punish for reads and missed techs. I've killed a lot of people with it. Problem is that you have ot use it smartly and can't just spam it as most are wont to do.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Jab is our quick punish, jab and gale. This works since thanks to the new mechanic gale can be comboed into fair. Also, I love the new DA actually because it's a hard punish for reads and missed techs. I've killed a lot of people with it. Problem is that you have ot use it smartly and can't just spam it as most are wont to do.
Yeah, and I love me some hard reads. This DA also feels more "Link" than the previous one. Idk why. I still do love me my brawl DA tho.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Laaawwwwzzz! How have you been? I do have some experience in that match-up in Smash 4. We have an old school Brawl player, Cyberman, who comes down to our weeklies and plays Smash 4 and I've played him in bracket once. I sort of just treat it like the Brawl MU in that projectiles and Nair beat his Spin Dash and from their just properly punishing the Spin Dash on shield with Bair or Uair. From there, just trying to zone Sonic out with Link's improved Tilt and Jab game.

Any knowledge you have on that MU would be much appreciated though! I'm trying to stick to as much Link possible in this game, save a few MU's that Mario does better in right now like Sheik, Fox, and Diddy.
Lol you're trying to use Link more and here I am trying to use him less. I was hyped to see you up on stream at Apex.

I'll be more involved in the Smash scene now so hopefully we can meet up at a tournament.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Lol you're trying to use Link more and here I am trying to use him less. I was hyped to see you up on stream at Apex.

I'll be more involved in the Smash scene now so hopefully we can meet up at a tournament.
You will be meeting him int he field of battle...

...as Sheik. You freaking sellout.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
You will be meeting him int he field of battle...

...as Sheik. You freaking sellout.
Besides Greninja, Sheik was the first character I used in this game. Oh and I even considered using DHD as well. Link not so much...

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Don't tell me how to live my life.
Oh I would never, good sir. I'm not telling you how to live your life... Simply telling you how to take other people's lives.

I used Link first in this game but only cause he was the only character I liked in the demo. Also Link wasn't the first character I uses when I first started smash either.
The only thing that matters is whether you embrace the triforce or not. If you do not, you stand in front of my sword. If you do, you stand behind my shield... Unless you're Little Mac.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The only thing that matters is whether you embrace the triforce or not. If you do not, you stand in front of my sword. If you do, you stand behind my shield... Unless you're Little Mac.
I not sure if I do it not. You can judge.

At the moment I main Toon Link only side Robin (or as you know Gay) but I am still considering out of him and Link (I am only playing Tink cause he is closer to Young link than Link is, though my first smash was Brawl).

And I do like to play little Mac from time to time as a pocket (his fun to play)

So, what is your verdict?

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I not sure if I do it not. You can judge.

At the moment I main Toon Link only side Robin (or as you know Gay) but I am still considering out of him and Link (I am only playing Tink cause he is closer to Young link than Link is, though my first smash was Brawl).

And I do like to play little Mac from time to time as a pocket (his fun to play)

So, what is your verdict?
As much as I despise Gay with every ounce of passion in my veins, I won't judge you. You're interest in switching to Link is a good sign and plus you're reasoning to main the little abomination is understandable... I guess.

Glad to almost have you aboard!

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I second Link in Smash 4 and Melee, and main him in PM. Does that count? :p

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
As much as I despise Gay with every ounce of passion in my veins, I won't judge you. You're interest in switching to Link is a good sign and plus you're reasoning to main the little abomination is understandable... I guess.

Glad to almost have you aboard!
Thanks..... I guess.

But seriously if Young Link makes DLC, I will instantly drop Tink and kill him with my fire arrows! (Assume young Link got his Melee moveset with either hyrule warrior or MM look)

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I second Link in Smash 4 and Melee, and main him in PM. Does that count? :p
Lol well, I'm not the ambassador of the Link Boards but yes as long as you understand the terms and conditions then you are welcome. If not, you will get punished in a way that even you're mother could not have the heart to do.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Lol well, I'm not the ambassador of the Link Boards but yes as long as you understand the terms and conditions then you are welcome. If not, you will get punished in a way that even you're mother could not have the heart to do.
And how might that be, may I regrettable ask?

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
And how might that be, may I regrettable ask?
Depends on the person. Usually involves breaking them to the point of no repair.

You specifically you ask? Well what we'd lock you and a group of other Gay mains into a very small room and leave you there for a day without food, water, and wind wakers. Then, when each of you are weak, we gently place one cup of water, one piece of meat, and one wind waker in the center of the room and have you all fight to the death for it.

And btw, the piece of meat is raw, the cup of water is sea water from the ocean you so very much love to sail in, and the wind wakers actually a simple stick that we spray painted.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Depends on the person. Usually involves breaking them to the point of no repair.

You specifically you ask? Well what we'd lock you and a group of other Gay mains into a very small room and leave you there for a day without food, water, and wind wakers. Then, when each of you are weak, we gently place one cup of water, one piece of meat, and one wind waker in the center of the room and have you all fight to the death for it.

And btw, the piece of meat is raw, the cup of water is sea water from the ocean you so very much love to sail in, and the wind wakers actually a simple stick that we spray painted.
Never mind the raw meat, just throw a live pig in there and expect them to make a meal out of it.

EDIT: Also is it just me, or did @NonSpecificGuy just become @Jasudin's accomplice of this thread?

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
It's simple, he's not your secondary.

Considering he seems to be one of your eight "secondaries". Gimme a break
Oh snapz, I've been caught. D:

Yeah, I really only play the 3 mains I have listed seriously. I only use the secondaries for niche' matchups, characters I used to main but lost motivation in (Shulk), or funsies (Ness vs. Luigi and Kirby for example, but that's it). In Link's case, he's fun to play, but I'd never play him seriously for the life of me.

Last edited:
Apparently putting too many of these in your food can make you violently ill, and cause terrible abdominal pain. Who knew? In other news, I'd be totally cool with a mercy killing right about now.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Apparently putting too many of these in your food can make you violently ill, and cause terrible abdominal pain. Who knew? In other news, I'd be totally cool with a mercy killing right about now.
Damn Shin. It's your liver that's indestructible, not your stomach. Be more careful. Heck, I love spicy crap and need at least 700,000 SHU before the heat becomes too much and I'd still think about eating that like 4 times.

Top Bottom