• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link bomb Strats/Tricks guide! by SUB_ZERO

Swordplay

Smash Lord
This is completly useless just like many of these techs but I mind as well say it anyway.

I'm not being negative. Most of these techs listed don't have much usefullness, they are more just fun facts

If have a bomb while holding the ledge do a hit back/down and immediately shorthop. during the shorthop, Links jump animation has the front half of his body over the ground and the back half over the edge, you can drop the bomb during this point and the bomb will drop and be planted on the ground (won't explode). You will then continue to fall and grab the ledge...

Basically you plant a bomb on the edge and recatch it. You might think this has edge gaurd applications and it does but there are so many better things I could do than this for edge gaurding that I never use it.

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice
This is completly useless just like many of these techs but I mind as well say it anyway.

I'm not being negative. Most of these techs listed don't have much usefullness, they are more just fun facts

If have a bomb while holding the ledge do a hit back/down and immediately shorthop. during the shorthop, Links jump animation has the front half of his body over the ground and the back half over the edge, you can drop the bomb during this point and the bomb will drop and be planted on the ground (won't explode). You will then continue to fall and grab the ledge...

Basically you plant a bomb on the edge and recatch it. You might think this has edge gaurd applications and it does but there are so many better things I could do than this for edge gaurding that I never use it.
Yeah, i just said that im adding that...

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so you confess you are a spammer and thats why you have a high post count.
..post count doesnt mean ****. get it straight and right now your actually spamming cause what you just said isnt on toppic.

On topic.

this is actually helpful in melee/brawl rang first and hes it hits throw bomb.

and yeah ledge hop bomb plants doesnt do anything. since its auto sweetspot recovery.

..post count doesnt mean ****. get it straight and right now your actually spamming cause what you just said isnt on toppic.

On topic.

this is actually helpful in melee/brawl rang first and hes it hits throw bomb.

and yeah ledge hop bomb plants doesnt do anything. since its auto sweetspot recovery.
Never said that im not "some people" with other words, I never said im not spamming.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Calm down guys Link mainers have to stick together because of our small numbers. Good job subzero.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Never said that im not "some people" with other words, I never said im not spamming.
so your saying your spamming but you have a problem with me spamming.

wooow work on yourself before you get on othersproblems.

edit: and yeah what you gon do about it huh ? what you gonna do if i spam ? just cut it dawg.

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice
ArkiveZero has done a hell of a lot more than me in my opinion. He made the video, gave me the equal amount of bomb tricks etc. so thank him too!

so your saying your spamming but you have a problem with me spamming.

wooow work on yourself before you get on othersproblems.

edit: and yeah what you gon do about it huh ? what you gonna do if i spam ? just cut it dawg.
Look at the first post I wrote that you answeared, there is nothing which says I was speking to you. But you answeared.

Besides, never said Im against spamming, "some people" can actually post quite funny spam...

In other words, I made a net and you got caught. Its actually quite funny, I laugh so much I choke(and its true not just another way to say lol).

But I said I would stop, so what about peace Stos?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Look at the first post I wrote that you answeared, there is nothing which says I was speking to you. But you answeared.

Besides, never said Im against spamming, "some people" can actually post quite funny spam...

In other words, I made a net and you got caught. Its actually quite funny, I laugh so much I choke(and its true not just another way to say lol).

But I said I would stop, so what about peace Stos?
but thier was never war :(

Looks like we got mindgamed.

no me i got mindgamed i'll take it in.

anyways.

try this out, grab and bomb and throw it up look how high it goes hax.

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice
I haven't gotten anytime AT ALL for doing this guide atm i'll hopefully be free tomorrow

yes 10char
why did I ask. found out that the replay the game makes is a .bin, sorry guys its going to be crappy quality...

I can DAC with bomb. :D

Just drop the bomb from about a SH's distance above the ground and then DAC as soon as you can. :p
good booooy, can you make a vid so i dont have to. (I´ll make one anyway)

EDIT: vid done http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-wnsinQ7j0
im not going to say im sorry for the crappy quality...

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice
Wow nice, guys seem to be making more strats lately. Couple in the last week. I will get back to making this guide better in the near future so hang tight

I found out that there is more things missing jump cancel bombthrow. Allows you to use other throws than laggy dash throw, this will make link to suddenly stop and throw the bomb in the direction you are holding the controllstick. but this one cant be new , right? I dont want to make another vid.

sexy, zac nair into dac

dont forget to tell your opponent a name of a good doctor after using this in a match
you catch the bomb with the dash attack so its not possible to zac nair first(if you meant SH> drop> nair> land> dac)...
and the only thing ive used it for so far is to catch an opponents thrown item(by accident) or to catch an u thrown bomb, you could maybe bair to dac with bomb but it seems pretty hard to do(havent tried and I dont care since I can just craqwalk bomb Fsmash if I want to). I cant see so much use for it other than showing off, I use it when im toying with computers and freinds though.

D

Deleted member

you catch the bomb with the dash attack so its not possible to zac nair first(if you meant SH> drop> nair> land> dac)...
and the only thing ive used it for so far is to catch an opponents thrown item(by accident) or to catch an u thrown bomb, you could maybe bair to dac with bomb but it seems pretty hard to do(havent tried and I dont care since I can just craqwalk bomb Fsmash if I want to). I cant see so much use for it other than showing off, I use it when im toying with computers and freinds though.
forgot that the dac was the catching motion lol, woops

Sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!sticky! Sticky! Sticky! Sticky!

D

Deleted member

why? zero doesn't even play link anymore lol

watch the video thats all you need

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
good booooy, can you make a vid so i dont have to. (I´ll make one anyway)

EDIT: vid done http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-wnsinQ7j0
im not going to say im sorry for the crappy quality...
I'd make a video if I could. D:

Well, I always have the option of pointing my crappy Digi-cam at the TV like I do for my few other vids, but no way to get good quality unless someone else records for me.

Although DAC with Bomb is awesome... I haven't found many amazing uses for the bomb afterwards. lol.

Top Bottom