• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link bomb Strats/Tricks guide! by SUB_ZERO

Izaw

Smash Ace
C'mon Izaw!! Tell! If it people were so amazed as you say, it must be amazing! :o Tell us! This could help out Link's meta game @_@ or not.
Chill ;O, but njeah... well it just destroys the opponents main Anti Link strategi

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
*gasp* Anything that destroys Anit Link strategies is amazing! There's a lot -__- well inadvertently a lot but yeah...

Bouse

Smash Ace
Chill ;O, but njeah... well it just destroys the opponents main Anti Link strategi
Izaw found a way to summon "The Obelisk", and opponents will look at it and say simply... "My God... it's full of bombs!"

Bouse

Smash Ace
SUB_ZERO you should also note that there are TWO bomb slides. The f-toss and the up toss. They can be used for mind games. Basically you press the c-stick down and the "attack/grab" button almost simultaneously and then he does a sliding up toss.

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
GREAT guide! I like the way you've kept up with this despite the flaming you got when you put it up. Bombs are one of the most important thing for link especially with mindgames. If this thread continues to be updated (I'm assuming it will) I think it should be stickied. :)

D

Deleted member

awesome video man, very informative ..quick question on stage bombing: are you simply just throwing the bomb at the side of the stage to make it explode then using your ^b?
if you look at the halberd part where i stage bomb myself, the first time was without throwing the bomb into the stage, and the second one was where i did throw the bomb into the stage.

but yea on every other clip you throw the bomb into the stage and DI accordingly.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
NOW this is a good guide. Great work Sub_Zero and Arkive.

You still may want to expand on the ways to set up a BombSmash, such as holding attack during a Rang or Arrow. Something I find good is to do an Arrow Cancel and BombSmash out of it if the opponent is near enough.

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice
SUB_ZERO you should also note that there are TWO bomb slides. The f-toss and the up toss. They can be used for mind games. Basically you press the c-stick down and the "attack/grab" button almost simultaneously and then he does a sliding up toss.
Yeah, i know haven't gotten round to it. I will VERY soon. I will try to update most of the moves that have more than 1 way to do it.

D

Deleted member

You still may want to expand on the ways to set up a BombSmash, such as holding attack during a Rang or Arrow. Something I find good is to do an Arrow Cancel and BombSmash out of it if the opponent is near enough.
you can technically bomb smash out of anything link has lag on. that was just a few set ups i think are the most important.

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice

Thanks man, that means quite a lot to me. Seeing as the Spam was ever increasing at the start. Now it has turned into what i hoped for, with everyone contributing.

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice
I second that! It does deserve a sticky! Than, the Link boards will have the most stickies. (and even more if the mods would sticky my stage discussion thread, but hey.)
Yeah you're thread deserves a sticky too man, good in depth analysis's

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Yeah you're thread deserves a sticky too man, good in depth analysis's
Actually, it's compiled data from posters on the thread. It's something new that seems pretty cool, to have other people tell me what to put in, advantages and disadvantages. I'm not good at counter picking so with the guide, anyone else who has trouble counterpicking can look at my stage discussion thread on Link and would be able to tell which stages to choose. :D

D

Deleted member

this thread and the other stage thread deserves stickies, the "weekly character discussion: Link" thread should be removed because frankly it was a ******** thread altogether.
QFT

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Sooooooo. today i actually played brawl using Link.

Link is soft in brawl.

anyways on topic.

i need to try some stuff out.

good stuff though.

D

Deleted member

Sooooooo. today i actually played brawl using Link.

Link is soft in brawl.

anyways on topic.

i need to try some stuff out.

good stuff though.
Link is beastly lol

shush yourself fool :D

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Link is beastly lol

shush yourself fool :D
play me in melee son.

edit: no offence but Melee Link > Brawl Link.

but i actualy tried Brawl Link.

Hes okay.

on topic.

thiers a part in the video where he throw bomb at wall, teching that would be more useful.

but to be good with Link you must first find his weak points and see how you can get around the problem.

D

Deleted member

why would anybody take offense to something thats true?

you can't tech stage bombing in this game

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
why would anybody take offense to something thats true?

you can't tech stage bombing in this game
im just saying.

wow no bomb techs in brawl.

this game is soft.

most effective bomb tech in the is probably Zair bombing or w.e its called. for mindgames son.

4Serial

Smash Lord
Well, it IS Brawl...
It's floaty, it's pretty, it's soft.

On as side note, you really can't tech it? =/
oh well, there's no hitstun in this game anyways, so you're basically jumping while taking damage
still cool, i guess.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Some people teach us that post counts mean nothing. ^_^

some people forgets their passwords or gets banned and need to make new accounts...
some people dont spam...
some people play the game instead of trying to increase their post count...

@ Sub_zero and arkivezero(double 0): nice work, great guide and vid.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
as a Link player you may need to rely on spamming bombs and projectiles.

thats why i actually posted in this thread.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Something useful to me is doing zair while holding a bomb and craq walk/pivot thing and smash with bomb in hand.

Top Bottom