• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link bomb Strats/Tricks guide! by SUB_ZERO

sasook

Smash Champion
why? zero doesn't even play link anymore lol

watch the video thats all you need
It's still useful info, regardless. And of course, it's the topic with the video in it. Soooo topic forgotten = video forgotten. And believe me, that's an awesome video.

I'd make a video if I could. D:

Well, I always have the option of pointing my crappy Digi-cam at the TV like I do for my few other vids, but no way to get good quality unless someone else records for me.

Although DAC with Bomb is awesome... I haven't found many amazing uses for the bomb afterwards. lol.
Digi-cam is better than cell phone...

And I agree with you that there rarely is any use for the bomb afterwards, but DAC WB(With Bomb) helps against TL, Snake, peach and Diddy since they have throwing weapons too you can use theirs instead, snake is better at this though...

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice
WOOT lotsa sticky wanters lolz

And yeah i stopped playing link, for a while.

Today i was playing and was nearing boredom with snake, went "I'll play some diddy", lets just say i need more practice. So yeah i picked up Link, owned everyone within a 5 metre radius (4 others).

And i am totally going to start link again. Not too shabby, but i'll need practice.

I'm in Europe atm so i can't really update much since i'm on the move, south of france atm.

So yeah when i get back to Aus i'll take the remaining requests (leave them NOW) and i'll finish it up and we can all hope for a sticky.

Cya soon (Lol)

ScizorVX

Smash Apprentice
Great Guide Subzero i suppose I should help out *Grabs little black Link technique book* lol ill post some later XD

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
yeah probably not very helpfull ... I don't know if it is in the guide but you can press R (or any dodge buttom) + A to catch and throw a bomb in one action... it is useful with planted bombs or bombs in midair... probably nothing new but just in case...

also, for me is easier to "platform drop, bomb plant" pressin dodge -> A fast (like when you fail a zair while holding a bomb)... the timing is easier....

the guide is impressive O.o...

emmm... if you have problems with making a vid of the DAC with bomb... I can do it but in 2-3 weeks ... I have some important tests... I really need good marks in them xDDDDD

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
God I'm tired.... anyway, why is this thread bumped again? Ugh, this is like todays only post for me lol Too busy playing live friendlies. Because wifi sucks Ganon's bawls. Plus it's cool to own your friends and win sets with Link, Captain Falcon and MK. Yes, I stooped low enough to MK. I used him for two matches. I used Link for most of the matches. Good stuff. I love playing as Link. I ***** with Falcon too. Falcon has some nice MGs.

sasook

Smash Champion
yeah probably not very helpfull ... I don't know if it is in the guide but you can press R (or any dodge buttom) + A to catch and throw a bomb in one action... it is useful with planted bombs or bombs in midair... probably nothing new but just in case...

also, for me is easier to "platform drop, bomb plant" pressin dodge -> A fast (like when you fail a zair while holding a bomb)... the timing is easier....

the guide is impressive O.o...

emmm... if you have problems with making a vid of the DAC with bomb... I can do it but in 2-3 weeks ... I have some important tests... I really need good marks in them xDDDDD
Um, did you read the guide fully? This was already in there.

Mid air dodge bomb drop: Midair dodging and then dropping a bomb during the first few frames. Extremely annoying tactic to others, its mainly used for a safe defensive retreat.[/COLOR]

-How to perform
Airdodge>Z (early frames)

-ArkiveZero and Link, he come to town...
^See?

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
yes but that was not saying nothing of using it for planting in the platform... I was saying that using that technique for planting gived me an easier timing... and I said it was just in case ¬¬

and the first thing I described had nothing to do with "droppping the bomb" is to catch and throw (NOT DROP) it in one action (aps and it was a dodge --> A fast as well not a dodge +A). Well, anyway, must be my fault, I'm not very good explaining, I'm even worst with english... Like when I get flamed for the "spin trick" in arkive's guide.. When I showed the trick in a vid (the one in nintendojoe's guide) it apparently was recieved in a better mod ...

link2702

Smash Champion
wow, I never even saw this thread before :confused: I was already doing alot of these things with my link before I even saw this :p still, nice guide for those ones out there that don't use links bombs much, me on the other hand.....mine is bomb crazy. :p

WingedSnake

Smash Rookie
1. Thank you so much for this.
2. The pictures must've been annoying to make.
3. The pictures HELP SO SO MUCH.

Onto some questions:
Are the strats listed here good for item usage in general?
(I want to try out some R.O.B. gyro things.) (I also want to try out some random item things.)

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
1. Thank you so much for this.
2. The pictures must've been annoying to make.
3. The pictures HELP SO SO MUCH.

Onto some questions:
Are the strats listed here good for item usage in general?
(I want to try out some R.O.B. gyro things.) (I also want to try out some random item things.)
Well, not all, but some are universal, and I do meet a lot of players of different characters that could make use of these techniques.

Fsmash with an item is universal.
ROB can make great use of Fsmash with a Gyro in hand, just like Link Fsmash with Bomb in hand. Couple that with ROB's glidetossing ability and you got mindgamez.

Diddy could Fsmash with Banana, but I've never seen one do it. I take their Bananas myself and do it though. xD

WingedSnake

Smash Rookie
Just to be sure we're all on the same page:

This from the first page:
-------------------------------------------------------
"Bomb smashing: (Thanks Izaw for your guide!) Extremlely useful, most likely THE BEST bomb technique.
This is done in more than 2 ways.
But i am only going to give 2 examples with pictures.

The First:
Pull bomb while holding A>C-stick to smash"

And this from your post:
Fsmash with an item is universal.
ROB can make great use of Fsmash with a Gyro in hand, just like Link Fsmash with Bomb in hand. Couple that with ROB's glidetossing ability and you got mindgamez.

What this means is if you have nothing in hand, and you hit the C-stick, you'll do a smash hit.
But if you DO have an item in hand, and you hit the C-Stick (say, hitting it to the right), you'll throw your item to the right.

BUT, if you do the "hold A" method mentioned by Izaw, then you can hold an item AND do smash attacks.

Is that correct?

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
What this means is if you have nothing in hand, and you hit the C-stick, you'll do a smash hit.
But if you DO have an item in hand, and you hit the C-Stick (say, hitting it to the right), you'll throw your item to the right.

BUT, if you do the "hold A" method mentioned by Izaw, then you can hold an item AND do smash attacks.

Is that correct?
Yeah, that's the idea. Go and try it out yourself, you'll see how it works.

I do feel it's better to say that it is preformed with the function Attack+Cstick. Why? Well, unless you claw your controller like a pro, A+Cstick is awkward; I have my controls set so that R also serves the Attack function, so that I can use it to confortably and easily BombSmash and DAC. (R is just because I shield with L, and R used to be a useless button I never used. So if you shield with R try L or something.)

So, basically, your goal is to press & hold attack during any animation that prevents you from being able to throw the item. A roll, spotdodge, airiel, etc., lots of things. When you hit the Cstick and continue to hold attack then you'll charge the smash, so practice with releasing attack so you can smoothly let out a smash if you need to.

sasook

Smash Champion
lol Anon

Oh, I misread it Blubba. Well, I use my left hand to hit the C-stick while holding A with my right hand. I just have quick fingers lol

WingedSnake

Smash Rookie
Hitting the Cstick while holding A is awkward. You need octopus fingers to do it or something. Shoulderbutton + Cstick = human hand compatible. :D
Exactly what I was thinking.

I guess I'll claw my controller like a "pro":-)

Hm...does anyone play Brawl using the nunchucks and not the purple controller of N64?

SSBKNIGHT

Smash Cadet
I have a technique. It combines arrow canceling with a bomb. Throw the bomb in air and just before you hit the ground do an arrow which makes you release the arrow fast. Do it right and the arrow will hit your enemy while their getting hit by the bomb. I don't know if you should post it up because I say it's not that useful.

Fear :link2:

sasook

Smash Champion
I have a technique. It combines arrow canceling with a bomb. Throw the bomb in air and just before you hit the ground do an arrow which makes you release the arrow fast. Do it right and the arrow will hit your enemy while their getting hit by the bomb. I don't know if you should post it up because I say it's not that useful.

Fear :link2:
Old news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nOEH0U2iVc

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
The magic to the technique though is that the knockback of the bomb is cancelled, leading into combos where your opponent thought they had a breather. An excellent surprise technique, so long as you surprise them and not yourself.

sasook

Smash Champion
so long as you surprise them and not yourself.
Can't tell you how many times I've done that, not just with this technique, but with all in general.

This one time, I landed 3 dairs that should've killed on 1 stock. And every single time, he got caught in the boomerang drawback. I was like -__- by the end of it, and finally killed him with a bthrow of all things :laugh:

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure somebody knows this trick already but I didn't see it on here so I thought I would mention it. It's similar to the ledgehop bomb plant, except instead of ledghopping to plant the bomb you do a normal jump off of the edge (press up or x/y, etc). The trick is you have to press z right as link leaves the edge and he will leave a bomb sitting there. I'm not exactly sure about the timing but I think its right during the 'handstand' animation of the ledge jump. Anyway I thought it was a nifty trick.

Top Bottom