• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Linguini Presents: Lovin Dat Hitstun 2-Venue Change, Check OP-04/18/09

Col Bol

Smash Champion
On another note, right now I don't want to spend my entire saturday at a tournament that will probably have like 15 people at it, so I don't want to go. If I saw more effort exerted to get people to acually go to this, I would be more excited about it, but I haven't been to a SFL tournament I liked except for the one that shiz and chu were at. Plus ZP is awful. If you want me, the only one in CFL who ever drives (when Andy doesn't want to), to come to this, try to make it worth my while.
Umm... a lot more than 15 people have shown interest in this...

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
aight, lets get one more car to come and we can make this a manly ***** tourny!!!

IM accepting any and all MM's vs my Jiggs

and if tehres a brawl setup, any brawl mm's will be accepted.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
That would be great if we had 3 cars going cuz that'd be 14 spots minus finch, me, andy, garb, aasem, joe = 8 free spots for people like zoro, hbox, hrnut, john?, marin?, etc

Finch

Smash Lord
garbanzo, if u go, finch will be more interested in going, so let finch get his car full, then u take leftovers+hrnut :D
I have a full car, I just want to have a fun weekend and not spend my entire saturday at ZP for a mediocre tournament. I'm really busy now with school so I can't waste my time as much as I have been.

Finch

Smash Lord
eh, I'm kind of into the idea of having a free saturday now, since I never get those.

But they won't anyway. Garbonzo hates driving and Andy said he doesn't want to drive this weekend after Tally. He might cave and drive anyway. It's up to him. Joe is most likely not going to drive.

I feel bad because I hate backing out at the last minute, but I thought more people were going to care about this tournament and that I would be less busy now. Neither of those things happened so...

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
isn't there a lot of people that DONT post on smashboards that attend ZP tourneys?

I mean there seems to be around 15 already aside from posters saying they're coming.

I'm looking at around 30ish people. just a guess though.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
isn't there a lot of people that DONT post on smashboards that attend ZP tourneys?

I mean there seems to be around 15 already aside from posters saying they're coming.

I'm looking at around 30ish people. just a guess though.
that's what i thought but apparently finch thinks otherwise

AfroQT

Smash Master
Theres always alot of people that go that didnt sho winterest on the forum.
I mean if you cant go cuz of RL stuff then you cant go, but if you arent going cuz you dont thinkt he tourney will be big....you arent helping the situation at all.

I'll go to this if i can, no matter the size.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Colin you can't complain if for some reason we don't go...cause people have been nice enough to give you rides to pretty much every out of region tourney you've gone to, so what's one time we don't go???

Anywho I'm still willing to go to this if someone drives me , if not then oh well!!!

:colorful:

Linguini

Smash Master
everyone thats on the list should be coming,most of sfl melee doesnt post.
wow way to fail cfl, im trying to do something for the melee community but everyone needs to put a little effort in.If theres a car from tampa coming and a car form tally coming, so no johns.

AfroQT

Smash Master
everyone thats on the list should be coming,most of sfl melee doesnt post.
wow way to fail cfl, im trying to do something for the melee community but everyone needs to put a little effort in.If theres a car from tampa coming and a car form tally coming, so no johns.
This

Ah linguini man you must own my falco until i learn how to fight Ganon.

Finch

Smash Lord
idk I'm still on the fence. I just hate driving for 8 hours to disappointing tournaments...

It's kind of a huge commitment for me since I'm still new to the community and not going to make money. It's a great learning experience and I definitely get better every tournament I go to, and I love seeing the community, but it's still my whole saturday.

idk you guys are peer pressuring me stop it

Linguini

Smash Master
alright well just got the word shiz is probably coming, i can guarantee theres going to be mad ppl but whatever you guys miss out in the end.

Frames

DI
so my battery just got f*cked, if I get a new one by friday I'll be able to go if not then cfl is f*cked for a ride
no johns my battery died this week and i got it replaced the next day

also im trying to come to thisssss i will try and know for sure by thursday if i can go im really working hard to get off work cuz i kno this is important to linguini if i do i can take some people cuz i will drive (the REAL only person in cfl who drives)

Finch

Smash Lord
lol If I could drive Colin's van I would drive to every tournament no question and take as many people as possible.

Finch

Smash Lord
idk it seems fun to drive and I like driving a lot of people

like seriously if you can somehow make it work for this weekend I will drive it.

Frames

DI
let me tell u finch from personal experience that van should not be driven to tournaments unless necessary (we needed it for TO4 because otherwise dark sonic, hungrybox, and lambchops might not have been able to go)

its really loud when you go past 80
gas is fine when you have 8 people putting in if not then it sucks
the AC sucks everybody in the back was freezing

also that situation with gdx's car at IC3 made me realize how lucky we were that nothing happened, that van has over 100k miles and something could easily go wrong we dont know

however on the plus side

smash in the car!!!! we gotta put a setup in the front it was too beast!!

Finch

Smash Lord
I wouldn't go to another tournament if I don't go to this. If I don't drive to this it's because I don't want to go to a tournament this saturday.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
for once I actually agree with emilio. i always always side with cfl car/driving jons but this time. seriously ya are ebing a bunch of ***** ***s. so stupid IF U HAVE RL jon thats acceptable cuz i feel u on that one. if u dont want to come even though u want to come ur just a waste of human life lol *** outa here with that garbage wat kind of logic is that. id slap any of u cfl n1ggas if i was with u rigth now and tell you n1ggas RICK JAMES *****. get at me. plz no more jons good lord. DRIVING IS NOT HARD U JUST SIT ON UR AZZ FOR over 3 hours. and the venue has maddd tvs so the tourney ends quickly.

oh and i actually play friendlies now so anyone who wants to friendlies ill prolly play if u ask. but also respect when i actually choose who i want to friendly with for a few matches....

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yo my johns are legit, i got an aero-thermo propulsion test next week which i need to be prepared for if i wanna graduate on time, feel me? I gotta hold it down with life, ya know? cant always be blazed or playing smash.

I would drive otherwise...

SynikaL

Smash Lord
yo my johns are legit, i got an aero-thermo propulsion test next week which i need to be prepared for if i wanna graduate on time, feel me? I gotta hold it down with life, ya know? cant always be blazed or playing smash.

What's your major?

-Kimo

Life After Death

Smash Champion

yea reread my post it has nothing to with peole who have **** to do. its the people who prolyl haev **** to do but can still go to this cuz they want to but dont wanna go at the same time. but then again u were thinkin of coming if skrach was going....... not judging u like if said if u have **** to do u got **** to do but if n1ggas lie bout it just cuz they lazy then *** them.

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
no johns my battery died this week and i got it replaced the next day

also im trying to come to thisssss i will try and know for sure by thursday if i can go im really working hard to get off work cuz i kno this is important to linguini if i do i can take some people cuz i will drive (the REAL only person in cfl who drives)
well, I don't have 80 bucks to spend on a new battery and I hate asking my parents for money, doubt they will even give it to me.

Also the main reason I don't like driving is that I fall asleep at the wheel, no matter how much sleep I've had. On the way back to Tallahasee I almost fell asleep, even after a 5hr energy shot and a monster, luckly we played ghost which kept me up.

Finch

Smash Lord
FVCK YOU GUYS WHO DON'T DRIVE PLACES AND COMPLAIN. If SEIBRIK or ANDY wants to complain about me not driving they can go right the fvck on ahead. It's actually not the same thing as getting a ride. THEN you just sit on your *** for 3 hours. The driver is the one who has to deal with staying awake, not getting a ticket, not getting lost, not getting into an accident, all kinds of stressful ****.

If I don't want to drive to this that's my business. I understand everyone b!tching about it because I'm letting down the people in my car and robbing the tournament of 5 people, but people who never drive STFU. There's a reason me and Andy are the only drivers.

The reason is that most smashers are unmanly nerds who hate driving. I don't really mind driving that much; I actually like it. I just want my free time. I'll probably cave and go so everyone just chill.

Top Bottom