• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lightspeed Interviews - The Sonic Community Interview Thread - KC be timing us out | And KID ↓

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
So speed

-Why is Sonic your main?

-In your mind, is Sonic "Top Tier" material?

-What is your favorite thing about Sonic in brawl?

-What's your favorite thing about Sonic in general?

-Is Sonic your favorite video game character?

-Do you have a Secondary? If so who?

-Is there a Sonic main that inspires you to keep improving your Sonic? If so, who?

-Did you cry when ash was turned to stone in the first pokemon movie? (lol random)

-Do you actually like going fast in real life?

-Who'd be your main if Sonic wasn't in Brawl?

-Would you like to see any Sonic characters in the next smash bros game (if there will be one)? If so, who and why?

-Do you think of Sonic in brawl whenever you come across steak?

-What would you change about sonic in brawl?

-What's your favorite sonic game of all time?

-Who do you think would win in a fight, Sonic or Knuckles?

-Who's your favorite Brawl player and why?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
why the hell are you so fking emo?

Seriously, I want to know why.

Also, why dont you play any other characters even in friendlies?

Everytime time I ask you about about it, you ignore me and say, "oh but I already told you why." No you didnt you effing liar.

Trent

Smash Champion
-Do you get tons of hype whenever you fight Boss's Mario in bracket?

-What do you consider Sonic's worst match up?

-What is your own personal match up?

-What do you think, as a player, do you need to improve on?

-What is your favorite stage?

-Why do so many Sonic mains have the Sonic face hat?

-Are you hype for APEX?

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Soooo Speed.....

Are getting any new sonic accesories?

Hows college?

What your favorite food besides possibly steak and or chilli dogs?

How do you think you need to step your game up? Any bad habits?

Have you tried going japes at a tourney yet?

What do you think about going aggro with sonic?

Have you been taking care of the chaos emerald you have?

Why is sonic so hard to win with?

Why do you have self doubt in your abilities with sonic?

Do you feel that you can beat X? (X dont hurt me plz)

Do you feel you should start learning the MUs that you dont know or will you continue to be lucky?

How do you feel about our region MD/VA?

What does the sonics of MD/VA have to improve on?

Why do you hate amy?

Will you have mini sonics(kids) in the future?

If you have a dog what wil his name be?

If you had a hedgehog what will his name be?

Im done for now bro

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Speed!

How's life?

What are your goals, for life and in Brawl?

Do you believe there is still untapped potential in Sonic?

Do you believe you still have things to work on or have you reached your apex?

I'm pretty sure this may have already been asked in some form or another, but how do you manage to win, let alone play, when you don't seem to have any hope for yourself?

Who do you think is the underdog right now in the Sonic community?

If Sonic weren't in Brawl, would you still play this game? If yes, what character? Would you have that same dedication with that character as you do Sonic or would anything be different?

Does Sega do what Nintendon't?

Wjhat's your favorite Sonic game? How about your least favorite?

What about non-Sonic games?

i herd ya liek Mudkipz? z'at tru?

Have you ever investigated into the Megaman franchise?

Is there anywhere you would like to go in the world? Any reason in particular?

What do you think when you listen to this song?

If you were assigned to train a new player to become better with Sonic, how would you go about that?

Do you have anything to say to people who want to become the next best Sonic?

What do you believe is Sonic's strongest aspect of gameplay? How about his weakest?

Is there anything you don't like about Sonic in Brawl? How about as a character?

Grills?

Girls?

If you weren't/aren't playing Brawl, what would/do you do in your spare time?

Even if you may come off depressed, so you still try your best to help others as much as you can?

How come I like chicken even though I'm the Whitest Hispanic you'll ever meet?

Why am I such a racist? Why did I suddenly pick up a habit of calling everybody a "n***a" after having shortly joined the Smashboards Sonic community?

How often do you eat Steak or chili dogs?

How many hot dog wieners do you think you could eat if it were a challenge issued to you?

How about how many ounces of Steak? As in how much do you eat normally, and how much could you stuff in your belly?

Do you credit anybody or any group of people to have helped you get to where you are now? Who are they, and how exactly have they assisted you?

Do you think I'm a troll?

Do you plan on getting an apprentice, if you haven't already done so?

Seems to be a trend among Sonic players to refer to some form of speed. You being the most obvious. Do you believe it's coincidence, or have you used that screenname into their places besides here? Do you believe it's something else altogether?

You're Espy's son. Does that mean you got something going on for the Playboy Bunny girls? If you don't why are you lying to yourself?

I think that's it for me. If anything else comes up, I'll put it here or in a new post.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ignoring those thoughts that make you want to kill yourself/cry in a corner/what ever you emo kids do, where would you put yourself on the list of sonic mains? Honestly speaking, do you think youre better than me?

Trent

Smash Champion
I've always been curious about people debating the top 5 for Sonics.

Top two being a tie between Espy and X.

3/4 being a tie between Speed and KID.

5th being ??!?!?!?.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Lets get started!

Name: Marquez Gray
Residence: District Heights, MD
Race: African American

Here are my questions Speed and of course some of them will be repeats.

-Who help you improve your Sonic to the point where your gamestyle is today?
The Sonic boards as a whole. I try to talk with alot of the Sonic mains, with any chance i can get. I like to compare notes and see how they interpret the situations and how to react. I honestly can say i'd be worse if i never really met or talked to any of you guys...you all were a big help. The guides, the MU's, the little things here and there.

-What inspire you to main Sonic?
The old being a huge fan of Sonic thing. The first game i played was Sonic 1, and i liked the color blue. I enjoyed the game so much, he is my favorite character of all time. Out of dedication to the character, i picked the Blue Blur. :sonic:

-Where did your name come from?
That's a darn good question. I just...picked this name out of randomness. That and i was kind of an arrogant idiot back then. And this was my first forum and all, so i didnt know the rules of the internetz :laugh:

So i made this generic name...Now people opt to call me Speed. Speed is my tag...i just made that my tag out of irony yada yada Sonic Speed, you get the idea. :p

-Would you care if Brawl was delayed a few more months to allow Sakurai to fix up Sonic?
I honestly wouldnt care. They could have done so much more to make Sonic better, and i would have thunk it would have been well worth the wait. In the meantime, i'd be playing Sawnik games :3

-If you were part of the team creating Brawl, what modification would you do to Sonic and to the other characters? Who would you add into Brawl and who would you remove from Brawl?

I'd make Sonic's fsmash faster and make his dash faster too. I'd also make bair stronger...ridiculous that he has no killing power. :(

-Did you have days that you just want to just quit Brawl all together?

Many times. Not placing high, playing bad, sucking, never breaking the top 5...there were times i'd want to just give it all up. But i just couldnt. I wanted to be the best as something for once, and i chose to be the best Sonic. I wont stop until i am, no matter how much i want to quit.

-Did you have days that you had no confidence inside of you when you went to the tournament?

There were those times...I wouldnt feel pumped at all. Like, i'd mostly go to a smashfest before a tourney because my crew hosts them, and since they all know my Sonic so well, i'd be getting *****. Not only that, I want to live up to the hype that i get for some reason. I dont want to let anyone down, and if i feel that i am, there isnt any confidence at all.

-What is your favorite Sonic game both from the old school and new school series?

Dang, this is a tough one. I like all Sonic games...but i liked Sonic 3 & K the best from Old School, and i liked Sonic Adventure from the New School. Its honestly hard to choose from them all, i have so many favorites. :L

-Which Sonic voice actor did you prefer?

Ryan Drummond! :bee:

-Have you ever tried the Sonic energy drink called “Speed”?

Oh noooo, i never had that. :laugh:

-What is your favorite Sonic song?

Its a toss-up between Un-Gratify, Live and Learn, and It Doesnt Matter. I just cant choose one, but for the sake of the interview, It Doesnt Matter da bes.

-What is your favorite Crush 40 song?

Live and Learn. :O

-If you could be any Sonic character, which Sonic character would you be?

:sonic: Yus. Thats an easy one. :p

-Who are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? Who are you top 3 least favorite Sonic characters?

Does Sonic transformations count? T_T
Top 3
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles

Dislikes
Scourge
Fiona
Chris

-Do you have a Sonic collection?

Yup. I have mah Sonic games all stacked up in a way on my entertainment center. There's an Old School section and a New School section. I have a bunch of Sonic shirts if that counts too. Thats pretty much it...until i get more wallets and hats. And Chaos Emeralds. :p

-Do you have any Sonic character plushies?

I have one Sonic plush...thats it. :(
Im fine with that though.

-What kind of music are you into?

Trance, Techno, and a little bit of rock. (From sawnik)

-Have you ever heard of an acapella group called Rockapella?

Nope...o_o

-Do you have a hack Wii?

Yup. I have mah textures...and a Custom Sonic one. Thanks to Kupo for doing it.

-Other than Sonic games, what other series do you like to play?

Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Jak, Tales of, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai, Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Twisted Metal, MegaMan Battle Network, and MegaMan Star Force.

-Have you ever been a Gillig Phantom?

Nope. I never got on something like that.

-What is the transit system name in your hometown?

The Metro...

-If you can have any super powers, what power would you have?

I would want to be fast...and be able to teleport.

-Which Sonic character(s) represent your personality the best?

Im not sure...i could have Sonic's confidence at times, Tails' timid nature, and just a myriad of things.

-Do you watch Food Network? If so, what is your favorite program?

I looove the Food Network. Iron Chef America is my favorite show. The food on there looks delicious...and the way they prepare it is amazing.

-What is your favorite match up in Brawl? What is your least favorite match up in Brawl?
My favorite match is the Sonic ditto. I like to see the strategies they use and the tricks they have up their sleeves. Its a very fun experience. My least favorite match up is the MK and Tink MU's. Its so gay...MK is MK, and Tink is just ******** good. Then it branches off into other campy gay mu's like Falco, Snake, and Wario and others.

-What other fighting games do you like to play?

I mentioned those up in the other questions. :O

-Have you enter any other tournament besides Brawl?

I never really did...i gotta one time.

-Have you ever heard of a trading card game called “Battle Spirits”?

Never played that one...i never played a trading card game once actually.

-Internet Explorer, FireFox, or Google Chrome. Which web browser do you prefer using?

FireFox. With FireFox, i can use personas. Like this http://getpersonas-cdn.mozilla.net/static/5/1/259151/preview_large.jpg?1279749338

-Which version of “It Doesn’t Matter”, “Believe in Myself”, and “Unknown from M.E.” did you prefer?

The "It Doesn't Matter" from SA2

-Which Sonic cartoon series did you like the most?

Espy's gon hate. SatAM

-What are you top 5 favorite cartoon shows you like to watch?

SatAM, Sonic X, The Old School Sonic shows, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Ed, Edd, and Eddy.

-Do you read manga and/or watch Anime? If so, what are your top 5?

I never really read any mangas, or watched any Amines like that. If I did, it was just a glimpse of it.

-Have you ever collected bus passes and/or transfer before?

Not exactly...

-Have you ever read any of the Sonic comic book series?

Oh yes. Sonic Select, the Archie Sonic Comics, The Fleetway Super Sonic series, and the Sonic Universe. Basically all of them...its really entertaining.

-If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Im...not sure. I think i'd go to where everyone wants to. Japan seems to be an interesting experience.

-If you could modify Green Hill Zone to make it a legal stage, what would you do?

Wedge stole my idea. <_<
I'd make it like Battlefield, just a little larger.

-Chili dogs or Steak?

Ironically, they are both my favorite foods, im not joking. Bu=ut Steak is too good.

-Do you like A1 Steaksauce?

Oh yes.

-What was your best moment that you had in Brawl?

Going to my first tourney and playing my first pro player, Pierce. It was such a rush...and it was so fun. I did pretty well against him, and got a bair stagespike too. It was awesome. Got 3stocked next game sadly. :(

-Do you like to play claw machines when you are in the arcade?

Only if there's Sonic stuff inside of it.

-What is your favorite game to play when you go to an arcade?

Uh...it used to be Sonic the Fighters. But the mall got rid of it. =/
Now its just Tekken 5 DR and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

-Do you like waffles? Do you like pancakes? Do you like French toast?

Yah i liek Waffles! Nah, i dont liek pancakes! Yah i liek french toast!

-Do you think I’m too shy of a person with posting on the Smash boards?

You dont strike me as one...why would ya be? We're all here to help each other out, and we're cool about it. I see no reason why ya would be. O_o

-Do you get annoyed when I post too many questions?

Nope. Its really fun!

-What is your favorite Sonic texture that was made?

Other than my custom one? Super Sonic of course!

-Sonic Riders or Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, which one did you prefer?

Another tough one...Sonic Riders is the one i'd prefer, but i like them both. Sonic Riders is better because you can boost at anytime unlike ZG which require you to use your GP and make you slow down for a minute. Plus, power types weren't overfreakingpowered in Sonic Riders.[/COLOR]

-Have you ever been on a public transit system before?

Yeah. I just started to when i started college a few weeks ago. I gotta catch that metro to get to school. :L

-Have you ever played Sonic the Fighters in the arcade?

Yup. Answered that above. Mained only sonic in that too.

-If you had to train a brand new Sonic player, what is the first thing you’ll teach that person?

I'd teach him the basic things like spindash cancelling, ASC, and using his dash appropriately, while telling him Sonic can be played in a lot of ways. Picking their own style of play is key.

-Have ever attended an Anime Convention? If so, did you cosplay?

Not yet. T_T
But im going to Katsukon in February! :D I might just wear my Sonic hat and a sonic shirt.

-What was your favorite tournament that you ever attended?

My tourney where i got my highest placing at...5th. It was called UGZ, and its where i beat Chu and Logic. Longest time i stayed in winners bracket too. O_O

Okay, I think that should be enough questions. If I think of any more I’ll edit the post. Also if I accidently repeated some questions in the same post, I do apologize. I pre-made your question in advance.
Kk. Ergh, i gotta get home. It'll be 5 mins, i'll answer the rest there.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
How does it feel being in a region with a lot of Sonic mains and a random Scourge?
It feels weird...so many of us. Me, Kojin, Shado, Nazo, XLR8, Bio(if he still affiliates himself with Sonic), and Taj who uses Sonic now and then. Its really cool though, because we share many of our tricks and discuss alot MU's so its alot of learning. Only problem is people knowing the Sonic MU. :/

But we're really cool with each other, and its fun to to talk to them. :)

So speed

-Why is Sonic your main?

Played Sonic 1, and basically Sonic was my favorite character. I was hyped when he was announced for Brawl, so...yup. All Sonic.

-In your mind, is Sonic "Top Tier" material?

As of now? No...he has alot of stuff that can be unearthed though. Alot of stuff that we dont know yet. Endless Possibilties :)

-What is your favorite thing about Sonic in brawl?

The side taunt. Even though i rarely use it...its so good. @_@

-What's your favorite thing about Sonic in general?

If its one thing, its his determination and unshakable resolve. Its really motivating.

-Is Sonic your favorite video game character?

Of all time.

-Do you have a Secondary? If so who?

Black Sonic is the closest thing i'd get to one. And i barely use him. :3

-Is there a Sonic main that inspires you to keep improving your Sonic? If so, who?

All of you guys do! There's one thing about you all that keeps me going...your determination. I feel that i have to stay up there with you guys. You go out there and do work, and it makes me happy that I play this character. I will continue to improve and keep on improving!

-Did you cry when ash was turned to stone in the first pokemon movie? (lol random)

Didn't shed a tear. But i did feel a little sad. :(

-Do you actually like going fast in real life?

Oh yes. *insert Sonic X opening*

-Who'd be your main if Sonic wasn't in Brawl?

I probably wouldn't play this game to this level..and go random most likely, but i'd play Sonic games more lol.

-Would you like to see any Sonic characters in the next smash bros game (if there will be one)? If so, who and why?

Maybe Knuckles and Shadow? Everyone seems to want them in...i dont mind, but Sonic better be in there too.

-Do you think of Sonic in brawl whenever you come across steak?

Of course. Winning Steak baby. <3 KASR

-What would you change about sonic in brawl?

I'd make him dash faster...and make fsmash faster and make bair stronger.

-What's your favorite sonic game of all time?

Urgh...i like them all alot. Of all time though? Sonic Unleashed. Eat it Werehog haters.

-Who do you think would win in a fight, Sonic or Knuckles?

:sonic:

-Who's your favorite Brawl player and why?

hmm...I'd have to say my dad! Espy is my idol. He doesnt afraid of anything. But I really like the Sonic community alot too. <3
why the hell are you so fking emo?

Seriously, I want to know why.

Its not being emo! >_<
Its called an Inferiority Complex. Basically...everyone is better than me in everything and everyway. Im completely inferior than everyone else. I dont know why i have it, but its just how i am. Thats why i dont have any confidence at all, and thats why i dont trash talk, i know i wouldnt be able to back it up anyway. Thats why im so hesitant to help people sometimes. I dont want to make things worse.

An inferiority complex, in the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, is a feeling that one is inferior to others in some way. Such feelings can arise from an imagined or actual inferiority in the afflicted person. It is often unconscious, and is thought to drive afflicted individuals to overcompensate, resulting either in spectacular achievement or extreme schizotypal behavior, or both. Unlike a normal feeling of inferiority, an inferiority complex is an advanced state of discouragement, often embedding itself into one's lifestyle, and sometimes resulting in a retreat from difficulties. Also, Mental limitations – cause feelings of inferiority when unfavorable comparisons are made with the superior achievements of others, and when satisfactory performance is expected

I never was good at anything...didnt have anything that stood out from me. School was a drag, all i did was do the work and somehow did good. But anyone could do that. I just went along like that. I didnt really have any talents. So i played games. And still failed at that. But once i heard Sonic was in brawl, i wanted to be the best at that. If it was one thing, i wanted to be the best at something for once. And i chose this. So KID, its just how i was made man. I cant really explain it any better than that.

Also, why dont you play any other characters even in friendlies?

Everytime time I ask you about about it, you ignore me and say, "oh but I already told you why." No you didnt you effing liar.
wowowowo, i ignore you?! :( I dun remember that. Sorry man.
But i just dont. Only Sonic. I dun feel like dabbling in other characters. I understand it might be beneficial and stuff, but i just cant see myself picking someone else. I'd feel weird doing it.

Where's the best place to get steak?
Outback Steakhouse. :) The best.

-Do you get tons of hype whenever you fight Boss's Mario in bracket?

We did first time we played in tourney. I won set somehow. But we started playing each other more and more in brackets, and since me and boss are really cool with each other, its really gay that we have to keep playing each other. It sucks...

-What do you consider Sonic's worst match up?

Everyone who isnt Sonic. :<
lol his worst is definitely MK. Stupid bat with wings beats every single move we have. Freaking impossible.

-What is your own personal match up?

My worst? Or my favorite? My fav is Sonic dittos because they are the only enjoyable matches in the game to me. Uh...worst is MK cause he gay.

-What do you think, as a player, do you need to improve on?

Not going into autopilot thinking somethings work on every player. And maintaining a good balance between defense and offense. Sometimes i get too defensive and end up getting myself timed out because i choke near the end. :/ Sometimes i get too offensive and we all know what happens when a Sonic gets offensive and isnt doinitrite.

-What is your favorite stage?

Pictochat! :D
ISDR, stage transitions that opens up more ISDR's, the stage kills for you, its like the stage works with you! Such a good stage for Sonic.
<3 GHZ too...

-Why do so many Sonic mains have the Sonic face hat?

I guess thats the most common one. XD
Im not really sure...but its cool that we match. We too goodz.

-Are you hype for APEX?

Yep! Im leaving tomorrow morning at 12. Cant wait to see everyone, especially the Sonic mains. And the guests too...
Soooo Speed.....

Are getting any new sonic accesories?

Of course! Wont stop for a while. Right now, im working on more shirts. Needs some more Old Schewl.

Hows college?

Gay. Barely have anymore time to practice. Those fgts.

What your favorite food besides possibly steak and or chilli dogs?

Pizza. :D Pepperoni Pizza is soo good.

How do you think you need to step your game up? Any bad habits?

I need to stop being a scrub. :p
Like i mentioned earlier, i need to stop autopiloting like that and work on smart offense and better defense.

Have you tried going japes at a tourney yet?

Never had a chance to. Everytime i asked, "Japes is Banned". Oh well...im not sure how good it is for Sonic really.

What do you think about going aggro with sonic?

Eh, it works apparently. You have to be super smart with it, and not throw out random attacks hoping they hit. Just like Malcolm says. :L

Have you been taking care of the chaos emerald you have?

Its right infront of me. :)

Why is sonic so hard to win with?

He's a horrid character. No priority (in a sense), no kill moves, you have to be really creative and spot on to make things work, and basically you have to do alot more to win vs your opponent. Or thats what i think.

Why do you have self doubt in your abilities with sonic?

Cause im bad. I make terrible decisions at times, and i shield camp like an idiot. I know what im doing wrong, but i can never fix it, which ultimately leads to me not getting better. :/

Do you feel that you can beat X? (X dont hurt me plz)

Wuuuuut. Are you serious? O_o
I dont think so...

Do you feel you should start learning the MUs that you dont know or will you continue to be lucky?

I try to learn MU's...by wifi if possible or smashfests wise. But i gotta learn how to adapt and now autopilot like an idiot. Until then, im getting lucky.

How do you feel about our region MD/VA?

I really like our region. We have alot of talent, we just gotta step it up more! Alot of cool people here, and i like em.

What does the sonics of MD/VA have to improve on?

Im not entirely sure. I havent seen Bio and Kojin play Sonic alot lately. Nazo is really good, but he has to slow it down a little bit. Going all aggro with Sonic can work, but when it doesnt, you have to go on the defense and rethink your plan. You? You gotta use smart offense. Know when to lay off and wait it out. Shado is rusty lol. But this is all my opinion. I could be wrong. :L

Why do you hate amy?

She's a sck troll. Kupo T_T

Will you have mini sonics(kids) in the future?

Wait wut. I dont know...

If you have a dog what wil his name be?

I'd name him Muttski. Just like another certain dog. *hint hint*

If you had a hedgehog what will his name be?

Sonic.

Im done for now bro
kk thnx :)

Speed!

Kinzer!

How's life?

Life's pretty good right now, minus college being a duck. :O

What are your goals, for life and in Brawl?

In life...i want to get a job either dealing with Web Game Design or any other game field since my major is flexible and deals with alot of gaming stuff. And for brawl, i want to be the Best Sonic main ever. :sonic:

Do you believe there is still untapped potential in Sonic?

I think it is. Like I said earlier, its alot that we havent figured out. We have alot to figure out, and alot more to figure out. We have options, we just have to figure it out.

Do you believe you still have things to work on or have you reached your apex?

I honestly dont want to believe that i am. I want to push myself past the limits. I want to be the best Sonic alive in the whole world, and i want to work hard. I know what to do kinda...i just have to play better.

I'm pretty sure this may have already been asked in some form or another, but how do you manage to win, let alone play, when you don't seem to have any hope for yourself?

I honestly dont know...i just play. I lose all hope. Its a terrible feeling. I just try to play my best and hope for the best.

Who do you think is the underdog right now in the Sonic community?

Either Espy or X.

If Sonic weren't in Brawl, would you still play this game? If yes, what character? Would you have that same dedication with that character as you do Sonic or would anything be different?

I would play this game, but not with the same dedication. I wouldnt even play this game competitively if Sonic wasnt in here.

Does Sega do what Nintendon't?

Sega Owns. Nintendon't doesnt.

Wjhat's your favorite Sonic game? How about your least favorite?

My Favorite is Sonic Adventure. Can i say Shadow the Hedgehog was my least favorite?

What about non-Sonic games?

I listed em in Tails' questions. Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Jak, Tales of, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai, Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Twisted Metal, MegaMan Battle Network, and MegaMan Star Force.

i herd ya liek Mudkipz? z'at tru?

Yup. I like Swampert more though. :3

Have you ever investigated into the Megaman franchise?

A little of MegaMan X, Alot of MegaMan Battle Network, and MegaMan StarForce.

Is there anywhere you would like to go in the world? Any reason in particular?

Like in Tails' question, i'd like to go to Japan. It seems interesting.

What do you think when you listen to this song?

O=

If you were assigned to train a new player to become better with Sonic, how would you go about that?

I'd teach them basic things like ASC, spincancels, and i'd tell them that Sonic can be played any way, so make up your own way of play.

Do you have anything to say to people who want to become the next best Sonic?

You're not the only one to wanting to be the True Blue Blur! Dont give up!

What do you believe is Sonic's strongest aspect of gameplay? How about his weakest?

Momentum. I like it when you start getting that flow, the damage just racks up and the opponent is overwhelmed. His weakest? umm...dang. I'd have to say trying to camp vs a char that is very good at camping. Getting past walls like that are gay.

Is there anything you don't like about Sonic in Brawl? How about as a character?

Like i said, getting past walls are irritating. As I character? Iono. ._.

Grills?

Makes tasty fewd?

Girls?

There's one in particular that i started talking to. She's amazing...she'll be my first girl ever. <3

If you weren't/aren't playing Brawl, what would/do you do in your spare time?

I'd either read books just for fun, or studeh more. I actually would maybe learn how to draw better too.

Even if you may come off depressed, so you still try your best to help others as much as you can?

It sucks when one of my friends or someone i care for are feeling down or upset about something. I wanna help in any way i can if i can. Its not fun to see ,y friends like that.

How come I like chicken even though I'm the Whitest Hispanic you'll ever meet?

Chicken is gewd.

Why am I such a racist? Why did I suddenly pick up a habit of calling everybody a "n***a" after having shortly joined the Smashboards Sonic community?

The BlueSteak people have gotten to you! You can still break free loool. Its okay though, it isnt doing any harm. :3

How often do you eat Steak or chili dogs?

Whenever I can. And thats fairly often.

How many hot dog wieners do you think you could eat if it were a challenge issued to you?

Im not sure...im not much of a big eater.

How about how many ounces of Steak? As in how much do you eat normally, and how much could you stuff in your belly?

COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Dude, im not even sure. I just eat til im full...i cant give you a real answer. [/COLOR]

Do you credit anybody or any group of people to have helped you get to where you are now? Who are they, and how exactly have they assisted you?

Like I said, all of you guys, plus some other pros. Whether it is Sonic related techs, or stuff to improve of my player skill, you guys all helped.

Do you think I'm a troll?

Nope. Kinza too good.

Do you plan on getting an apprentice, if you haven't already done so?

Oh no...no thanks. Im nawt gewd enough.

Seems to be a trend among Sonic players to refer to some form of speed. You being the most obvious. Do you believe it's coincidence, or have you used that screenname into their places besides here? Do you believe it's something else altogether?

Yup...My tag is so...obvious. I think its a coincidence because this was the first forum i ever joined. So...its kind of a first time thing.

You're Espy's son. Does that mean you got something going on for the Playboy Bunny girls? If you don't why are you lying to yourself?

Whoa whoa. Lets get one thing straight...Im no furreh. Thats just daddy's thing. I dun share it.

I think that's it for me. If anything else comes up, I'll put it here or in a new post.
Okkaay. Thanks. :)

Ignoring those thoughts that make you want to kill yourself/cry in a corner/what ever you emo kids do, where would you put yourself on the list of sonic mains? Honestly speaking, do you think youre better than me?
Im...not...emo. :(
Uh...i'd probably follow what everyone else said and since they said number 3, i dont know. I'd have to believe them? I dont have it in me to say that im better than someone. :/

I've always been curious about people debating the top 5 for Sonics.

Top two being a tie between Espy and X.

3/4 being a tie between Speed and KID.

5th being ??!?!?!?.
Prolly ITT but since he quit...its a tossup now.

could be you trent...

if you had asked me about a week ago I would have said that 5 spot goes to ITT
Yup. Its up for grabs. I wanted to do this before apex because i wasnt sure if i would be able to get near another computer before monday. Thanks for the questions!

Uh...what if someone has more questions?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
than you just have to answer after the tourney.

anyway. good luck broski, thanks for the answers and kick butt at apex.

also, if you need any advice on what to do or cp vs somebody in brackets, feel free to text me.

585-269-8444

Id like to see somebody place well with sonic, since I cant be there.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Uh...what if someone has more questions?
Then I'll simply accommodate you the time. There is no rush, but I think everybody that wanted to ask you questions already has. Still, I'll wait and see though.

The next voting process will be a huge toss up. For all I know, I could be the next interviewee. ._. Not that I'm not looking forward to it, but I kind of hate to brag.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
KID ur not going to Apex? D:

Also..

Speed and Cyber are in my Apex pools. GL bros.

Edit: They moved Speed out of my pool. Now hes in a pool with Dynomite (Wario), Ninjalink and Delta-Cod. Idk who complained but he should have just stayed in mine. He's worse off in the new 1 lul.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im pretty much penniless at the moment, so im just going to have to watch.

Ill be rootin for ya mal. and hoping you dont get any ddds in your bracket.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Wow that sucks, but I can def relate. If it wasnt in NJ I wouldnt be able to make it either tbh.

As for the actual tournament...eh. I hope I do well. I'll do my best. Its def alot less stressful then MLG so we'll c.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Only for Malcolm, KID. Bring pretzels and french fries.
The traitor.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I wish Malcolm was in a pool with 5 Dededes.
Talk about a fat penguin orgy.

Anyway, let me see, I think what I'll do is start the next interview process now, and if nobody else posts new questions by Tuesday, I can go ahead and start the next interview process. In the case that somebody else does have some new questions, I'll push it back until next Friday, to give Speed some time to return from his stuff and reply.

Having that said, I think I'll go ahead and be a C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker and vote for our mod.

I'll leave the thread title as it is. I don't want people coming in here to vote when we got one of the best Sonic's up there right now.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Amy's da bess, Speed. Don't hate or I'll spam your VM wall with Amy pics again :p

Errrgh, all the questions pretty much been asked. I'll VM ya Speed if I have any questions lol.

@Kinzer: Can I vote syonryoken?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What do you mean tiebreaker, now I have the lead by two. :<

Dammit, I think at this point I think we have our next interviewee. ;~;

Oh well.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
I was kind of hoping for someone else to go first but I can’t wait any longer. Here are my questions Kinzer.

-When you first met me back at Brawl til you fall, what was your first impression of me?

-Do you think I ask for way too much help from you for Sonic advice?

-Do you think the Vegas Smash Brawl community will ever revive again in the future or is it dead and cannot be recovered?

-Who was the biggest inspiration to help you improve your Sonic to the point where it is today?

-Would you ever Sonic ditto money match me?

-Do you consider me as your ‘Sonic Rival’?

-What is your favorite Sonic game from both new school and old school series?

-What are your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? How about top 3 least favorite?

-I always believe (and continue to believe) that our matchup is in your favor like around 60:40. What is your belief of our matchup?

-What was your best match that you ever had?

-Other than Brawl and Sonic games, what other games do you like to play on your free time?

-Have you read any of the Archie Sonic comic book series?

-When Sonic was first announced in Brawl, what was your first reaction?

-If you were part of the team the created Brawl, what would you do to Sonic and to the other characters? What characters would you add or remove from Brawl?

-Do you want a Rosy the Rascal plushie?

-Which version of “It Doesn’t Matter”, Believe in Myself”, and “Unknown from M.E.” did you prefer?

-“Live and Learn”, “Open Your Heart”, or “Knight of the Wind”, which one did you like more?

-What Sonic character(s) represents your personality the best?

-What are your top 3 Anime you like?

-What type of music genre do you like?

-What is your favorite Megaman game you played?

-If you could be any Sonic character, what character would you be?

-Where did you get your name “Kinzer” from?

-What is your favorite match up against Sonic? What is your least favorite match up?

-Why do you always bring a bottle of A1 Steaksauce with you to every tournament or smashfest that you attend?

-Who do you like, Kagami or Konata?

-Since you play Touhou, if Reisen wasn’t a playable character, who would you play as?

-If Sonic wasn’t a playable character, who would you main?

-If Sonic wasn’t in Brawl, would you still be a competitive player or just play casually?

-What characters do you main/play in Melee?

-Do you like Lucky Star?

-What are your thoughts of the combo video that I created for both of us? What improvement should I have done, other than forgetting to put SK92’s name in the credits?

-What is your favorite Sonic song?

-Have ever been on a RTC Transit/Citizens Area Transit bus before since you lived here in Las Vegas?

-What is your favorite stage from any Sonic game that you played?

-Do you like Chili Dogs?

-Do you have any Sonic plushies?

-Do you still believe that I will become a good Sonic player?

-How do you like your steak cooked?

-Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure 2, which game did you like more?

-What characters do you like to play for fun in Brawl?

-Are you sure that Kagami does not equal Reisen?

-Do you believe I have too many Sonic plushies?

-Do you like to play claw machines or UFO Catchers?

-If you were/are going to attend Anime Vegas this year, what item is on your must buy list?

-Have you ever played Sonic 06?

-Do you think I’m too shy of a person with posting on the forums? Do you think I’m just an overall shy person?

-Do you know what was the original transit name of Las Vegas before it was changed to Citizens Area Transit back in 1992?

-What is your opinion about the Gamecube controller skins that I made for you and for the other Vegas Smashers?

-Why do you hate Megaman X6?

-Have you enter any other tournament before?

-Was it true that when you started playing Brawl in tournaments that you used a Wii Mote?

-Do you think I post way too many questions?

-I heard that you like Mudkip, is that true?

-What is your favorite Sonic texture that was created?

-What would you do to modify Green Hill Zone to make it a legal stage?

-What is your favorite stage to play on?

-Do you like waffles? Do you like pancakes? Do you like French toast? Can you wait to get a mouth full?

-What is your favorite bus?

-What’s your favorite kind of pizza?

-What your first reaction when you did iSDR on Frigate and when I found out iSDR on Castle Siege?

-What is your favorite Sonic AT?

I guess this is plenty of questions since it reach 3 pages on Microsoft Word.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I know this isnt the time, but i have to say this

yo tails, what is it with you and buses dawg?

questions for kin.

why do you bash brawl so much when its just like every other fighting game out there at the core.

why do you play garbs touhou games.

why do you think people want to interview you so bad

why dont you think anybody else is asking questions.

are you gonna show me some hospitality when I come up to vegas?

did you forget that Im coming up to vegas?

did you quit brawl because you thought you were bad

is it wrong of me to say you quit brawl?

why did your smash scene die

are you going to try and rebuild it?

have you been on aib lately?

have you read any of the many recently featured blogs about (re)growing smash scenes in ones area?

how do you feel about my constant antagonising of you and the rest of the sonic boards?

when are you graduating

what are you going to do then?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
-Questions for Kinzer-

What made you join Smashboards?

What happened to that supposed name change you were gonna get?

Sonic 4 or Sonic Colours? Which of these two are you looking forward the most?

Who's your favourite music band? (if any)

I can't think of anymore >.<

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
I know this isnt the time, but i have to say this

yo tails, what is it with you and buses dawg?
I kinda wanted to wait til it's my turn, but if you are curious, I'll answer it.

The reason I ask all these bus related questions is because I'm into buses. You can say I am a bus fanatic. I've been into buses since I was a kid.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
What’s this relationship between you and KID?

Do you play another game competitively?

What’s your favourite colour?

If you could make one wish come true, what would it be?

Have you ever been in a fight?

If so did you win?

How is it living in Las Vegas?

If possible, where else would you rather live? Or would you stay where you are?

Is your family secretly rich?

What are your hobbies?

Do you have a pet?

Do you have any codes that you live your life by?

Top Bottom