• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lightspeed Interviews - The Sonic Community Interview Thread - KC be timing us out | And KID ↓

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Lightspeed Interviews is short and catchy.

Also I'm already counting votes. I think I'll wait until the end of Saturday to put whoever's name up.

My vote goes to Espy if it wasn't already obvious.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
*joins bandwagon and votes Espy too*

I like the name, and lmao @ picture!

Do we start asking questions now or later?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We should wait until we actually find a candidate, otherwise who would you be directing those questions at?

Kupo Rose

Well I was ready to post general questions like;

"Why do you main Sonic?"
"How many Sonic games do you own?"
"Do you wear Sonic cloths/accessories regularly?"

Like those.

So yeah it didn't really matter who my questions were directed at, lol

Kupo Rose

Welcome one and all to the Sonic community interview thread. In here, we pick out the subforum's active members and ask them questions which hopefully they will respond with some very worthwhile replies.

Questions can vary from something as simple as "What did you have for dinner April 2nd?" to something complex such as "what is the meaning of life?" For everybody's sake, it would be best to think out your questions.

The person being interviewed has every right to deny answering a question or questions if for whatever reason the person is not comfortable or willing to say.

Pick appropriate things people! PG13+ would be a good guideline.

At this point in time, the main focus is to put up names in the original post so people can place a vote on who should be interviewed first, polishing the original post, taking suggestions...

And now making our first interview a huge success!

For repeat questions, the interviewee is free to answer once to the first person who asked or reply to it continuously. I'll have it set up for questions that are repeated to be displayed once and depending on whether or not the interviewee replies again or just once; I'll format it. Once again there is no pressure for getting all of this out now so if you want to come back on the same question with a different person go right ahead.

Potential candidates:

Espy
Tenki
da K.I.D.
Oreo (Excel)
sonictailslink
SonicMaster5
SoniKupo
Kinzer
Chis
WedginatorX
Trent
JayBee
Lucas Perfected
DJBrowny
kid craft 24/sonic master
Speed X

If anyone else wishes to be put up as a candidate or an interviewee in queue (or would not like to be interviewed at all), please notify me and I'll get on it ASAP. It would be highly appreciated that if you are to put your own name up that you are at least active enough to check this thread every so often; There are many other people that would also like to be interviewed and we cannot wait forever on just one person.

For those that wish to vote for themselves, either due to a lack of candidates or other personal reasons, please also consider a second candidate. Thank you kindly.

Although this will vary from person to person, the scheduling will work in that we start with the voting process, which will take anywhere from a weekend to a week depending on how fast things are going. After the voting process is complete and a candidate is picked out, anyone is welcome to start asking questions. The interviewee will then have a week to answer all the questions he/she chooses before the cycle begins and the next voting process begins. Again for those that have a busier lifestyle some extra time will be accommodated but also this thread will need to move on after some time to keep it alive and going.

Please take your time thinking about the questions. Although this won't exactly be enforced, try to make posts have some substance in them; avoid having an instant messenger-like "conversation" with the interviewee. There is no rush to get the questions out there and then; this is a forum. If something that hasn't already been asked by you or somebody else comes to mind, Go right ahead and ask. Even better, if the interviewee has yet to look over your last post and reply, edit that post and put them in there!

Vote Tally -

Until next time.

Wishes to remain confidential (:():

Nobody as of yet.

Hopefully no one should feel uncomfortable with this.

Profiles:

A simple way to getting to know the person interviewed. As time goes on, more Basic information fill-outs should be thrown in. Feel free to suggest some general things such as...

Name:
Residence:
Race:

Let's try to keep these really general. It wouldn't exactly be an interview thread if all one had to do was just copy & paste and fill out this little tidbit.

Past interviews:

1 - Espy:

Espy's interviewing process starts here, or on the 23rd post of this thread. Ends on the 58th post.

2 - Tenki:

Tenki's interviewing process starts here, or on the 59th post of this thread. Ends on the 94th post.

3 - KIDGoggles:

KIDGoggles' interviewing process starts here, or on the 95th post of this thread. Ends on the 126th post.

4 - WedginatorX:

Wedge's interviewing process starts here, or on the 127th post of this thread. Ends on the 158th post.

5 - Speed:

Speed's interviewing process starts here, or on the 159th post of this thread. Ends on the 194th post.

6 - Kinzer:

Kinzer's interviewing process starts here, or on the 205th post of this thread. Ends on the 231st post.

7 - Trent:

Trent's interviewing process starts here,or on the 245th post of this thread. Ends on the 275th post.

8 - Kojin:

Kojin's interviewing process starts here, or on the 276th post of this thread. Ends on the 310th post.

9 - Kupo:

Kupo's interviewing process starts here, or on the 311th post of this thread. Ends on the 348th post.

10 - Browny:

Browny's interviewing process starts here, or on the 349th post of this thread. Ends on the 348th post.

11 - Tails:

Tails' interviewing process starts here, or on the 399th post of this thread. Ends on the 348th post.

12 - Excel:

Excel's interviewing process starts here, or on the 451st post of this thread. Ends on the 493rd post.

13 - Chis:

Chis' interviewing process starts here, or on the 494th post of this thread. Ends on the 530th post.

14 - ROOOOOY!:

ROOOOOY!'s interviewing process starts here, or on the 531st post of this thread. Ends on the 548th post.

15 - Cloud:

Cloud's interviewing process starts here, or on the 549th post of this thread. Ends on the 554th post.

16 - Sharpie:

Sharpie's interviewing process starts here, or on the 555th post of this thread. Ends on the 587th post.

17 - Camalange:

Camalange's interviewing process starts here, or on the 588th post of this thread. Ends on the 614th post.

18 - Sonic Storm:

Sonic Storm's interviewing process starts here, or on the 615th post of this thread. Ends on the 657th post.

19 - Phoenix_Dark:

Phoenix Dark's interviewing process starts here, or on the 658th post of this thread. Ends on the 696th post.

20 - Da1AndOnlySonic:

D1AOS' interviewing process starts here, or on the 695th post of this thread. Ends on the 726th post.

21 - kid craft 24/sonic master:

TBA

With that said, let's have some fun now.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
This looks....Interesting...
How do i sign up?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oh, ok: I'd like to be interviewed
by a hot chick.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You're on an internet forum. :l The best I can do is just this guy's avi:

http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=141688

Oh also this should be self-explanatory but I guess it can't hurt to mention:

It's a silly idea to vote for yourself. If everybody did this it'd be a tie between everybody. If you feel you have to do this, at least vote for somebody else~. >_<

I also don't think it's a bad idea to limit the voting process either. If you want to vote for multiple people, go right ahead. There's no consequence for doing so (yet..).

Having said that, in the case of a real tie I'll either have people do some sort of tie-breaker, a recount, or maybe just let the both of them take questions. The Latter most is easier to handle/lazier but oh well.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That he is. I wonder if he'd be willing to do something like this though.

*Trying really hard not to turn this into another social. Failing miserably though.*

I think I'll just get it started sometime Friday Afternoon. This downtime is silly but I still need to wait for anybody else who may have some (serious) votes; Even if I'm fairly certain that Espy's going to have the honor of being interviewed first.

Although if KASR were actually here I'd be dying for an interview of him.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Aw you guys go and start taking ppls names for interview and i don't get informed? Now i feel unwanted. But i'm all for being interviewed. The idea sounds pretty cool if you ask me. :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Aw you guys go and start taking ppls names for interview and i don't get informed? Now i feel unwanted. But i'm all for being interviewed. The idea sounds pretty cool if you ask me. :)
The Xat chats are dead KC, it's all mostly on the subform now. :(

Anyway, I've added your name to the waiting list, and I think I'll go ahead and put Espy on the spotlight. I'll reserve this post as well as use it to ask my questions. You all have until June 4th/5th if you're hax and Aussie/Euro. That's a week from today. Get crackin' people, Espy can't answer if nobody has anything to post/ask!

One more update:

For repeat questions, the interviewee is free to answer once to the first person who asked or reply to it continuously. I'll have it set up for questions that are repeated to be displayed once and depending on whether or not the interviewee replies again or just once; I'll format it. Once again there is no pressure for getting all of this out now so if you want to come back on the same question with a different person go right ahead.

I'll put a note of that somewhere in the OP while I'm at it.

My questions:

Espy!

What motivates you to play Sonic the Hedgehog, both in Brawl and the series?

Do you owe your success to anybody who may have helped you or motivated you to keep going, or did you make your way to where you are now on your own? If the former, who? If the latter, how did you do it?

If Sonic was not in this game, what do you see yourself doing in the meantime?

What do you feel is your strongest aspect of gameplay?

Do you feel that your Sonic is unique compared to every one else's?

What do you believe other Sonic's should be doing better, if anything?

If you're not playing Brawl or Sonic, what do you do in your pass time?

What are your plans for the future? Both in life and for smashing?

How do you think Sonic as a character is doing?

Where do you see Sonic going as time goes on? Do you believe he will continue to succeed in capable hands or will that not even be a saving grace for the Blue Blur? How about the franchise?

Who do you feel is the strongest contender for representing Sonic if it isn't yourself? Actually, if you do believe you are the best representation Sonic has, why?

What do you feel is your strongest matchup? How about your favorite to play?

What about your weakest? How do you plan on overcoming that obstacle?

Any words of encouragement for any future, aspiring Sonic mains?

What do you think of Steak?

How do you think Sonic does in doubles? Who is his best partner? Can you see a double Sonic team going far with enough determination?

How do you feel about the Smash/Sonic community?

What do you believe is the most difficult thing to playing Sonic?

Do you believe there is something in brawl that blocks Sonic as a character from overcoming no matter how good the player may control him?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Espy:

Espy's Profile:

Name: Andrew (I prefer Espy though)
Residence: San Antonio, Texas
Race: Hispanic

Kinzer's questions:

I grew up playing the Sonic franchise, ever since I was a younger kid. I've loved the character and the games ever since then, and even now.

As for Brawl, I just want to be acknowledged as a great Sonic main, and I'll continue to climb to the top until I'm up with all of the other Smash Bros' greats. More or less, to be blunt about it, above the fact that I just love Sonic and the franchise, I also want to be regarded as a great Sonic main, the best, or otherwise.

Do you owe your success to anybody who may have helped you or motivated you to keep going, or did you make your way to where you are now on your own? If the former, who? If the latter, how did you do it?

I feel as though I really just pushed and pushed myself to reach the spot that I'm at right now. When I get determined, I feel as though I can do whatever I feel like doing, and that sensation is what motivates me to do the things that I do in the game. I do admit, I probably wouldn't be here without the other big names from the past. Malcolm, Blue, Tenki, Lucky, and Mr. 3000 were great players to study back when I first started practicing with him in '08.

I'd still play Brawl, and maybe still be competitive at it. I'd probably just main someone else, and continue to do what I do in my spare time. Surf the internet, chat, watch videos, and write stories and poems.

I personally think one of my crutches when it comes to intense game-play is my attitude about the game. I don't mind losing one bit (as long as tripping isn't involved), and winning's pretty cool, but what I really, truly want is a great fight from my opponent. Having a fantastic battle with my opponent excites me more than the victory screen at the end, and whenever the sparks are flying in a match, it pumps me up. When I get excited, I feel like I fight better, smarter, faster, and more precise, so I strive to duke it out with great players and gain experience. The better I am at fighting, the better the fights will be if I manage to reach the end of the brackets.

The way I see it, I love fighting other people in this game, especially great players like Razer, Dojo, Gnes, Ozz, Xyro, the list goes on and on. If I want to enjoy fighting guys like them, and fight MORE of them, I gotta win more, right? Win more great fights, and I get rewarded with even BETTER fights.

Overall, it feels like this attitude really helps to push me over the edge when it comes to breaking the mold in my skills.

Well, everyone has their own "flavor" to add to a character. Dojo's Meta Knight is much, much more aggressive than M2K's, and Gnes' Diddy is incredibly smart while Fliphop is incredibly skilled in techs. I feel like my Sonic is very flexible in that I can manage myself in most situations before the fight spirals out of my control.

I do need to stop SD'ing against certain players though. Sometimes I get carried away.

Applying proper pressure to the opponents. Yes, Sonic is a hit and run character, but I feel like many Sonics are trying too hard to either "hit", or "run". You know who you are. Find a balance between both attacking and running, and I guarantee you'll see improvement in your game.

Like I mentioned above, I typically spend my time watching videos or surfing the internet. I rarely ever watch television. I do go and spend time with friends here and there, and above that, another passion of mine is writing. I absolutely love to write. Poems are alright, but I almost always prefer to write prose pieces. Short stories.

I do like collaborating and reading other writer's works though. It's always a treat.

I plan to Smash for as long as my life allows me to. I love this franchise, I love the tournament scene/experience, and I love the people.

In life, I plan to strive to become a philosophy professor. At least, at the moment.

Well, he's doing moderately "okay", I suppose. He's still a bad character, definitely in the lower levels of mid tier for sure, but there ARE several players doing their part to show everyone that Sonic is not a character to be taken lightly.

Where do you see Sonic going as time goes on? Do you believe he will continue to succeed in capable hands or will that not even be a saving grace for the Blue Blur? How about the franchise?

In Brawl, Sonic seems like he's going to be sitting in the same general spot for awhile, if not the rest of Brawl's lifespan. Unless something absolutely game breaking comes along, we can finally settle down and become cozy in our current tier positioning. That's pretty much as high as Sonic can really go.

Sonic will do fine in tournaments though. So long as great players are able to evolve, so will Sonic.

The franchise? Who knows? Sonic Colors looks like it has some potential, and Sonic 4 already looks like a blast to play. I love the music in both, already.

Who do you feel is the strongest contender for representing Sonic if it isn't yourself? Actually, if you do believe you are the best representation Sonic has, why?

The best representatives, in my opinion, for Sonic, are without a doubt X, Speed, and myself. Not only have all three of these players proved themselves to be extremely potent with the character, but all three have gained some sense of noteriety in their region because of this.

Besides, I think it's cool that Sonic has a representative for the West, South, and East. Now if only someone from the North could step it up.

Sonic's strongest match up is probably Samus. You can get inside her wall fairly easily, KOing her never feels like a problem, and she can't kill you any better than you can kill her.

My favorite match to play is probably either vs. Snake, vs. Sheik, or vs. Pikachu. Snake is just very difficult to fight against, and I love the challenge. It's also not completely hopeless. Sheik is just all around fun to fight because both characters feel more or less the same in many ways. It also feels like the most absolute even match up I've ever played, and that is just fun. Pikachu is fun because there's almost no nonsense (aside from Pika's chain grab, which isn't too bad) in the fight. Just pure player vs. player.

Falco, for sure. It's frustrating, more so than Meta Knight.

Overcoming Falco? I guess I'll just have to play smarter. That's the only solution I see.
That shouldn't be too hard. :p

Never give up. Be determined and confident whenever you meet an obstacle, and smash it into a billion pieces. Most importantly, have fun.

It's delicious. I love eating steak with fries and gravy with wheat bread.

Sounds delicious, no?

How do you think Sonic does in doubles? Who is his best partner? Can you see a double Sonic team going far with enough determination?

Sonic does fine in doubles. He's a real pest with his ground speed, and he literally almost always covers his partner when they get attacked. It's pretty scary for me when I realize how easy it is to punish people in doubles. So many options, so little time, heh.

Best partners are definitely the heavy cast members aside from Bowser. Snake, Wario, DK, and King Dedede do great with Sonic. Of course, Meta Knight too, but he's Meta Knight. Anyone who can kill early is also a decent partner for Sonic (Fox, Olimar).

In my own experiences with PhantomX, Sonic and Ganondorf can be one HELL of a nasty team when played right.

Double Sonic would be tough, but it's doable, given the Sonic's play very well and cooperative at EVERY possible moment.

It would also be downright hilarious. I'd be afraid if I was on the opposing team of any combination of two high leveled Sonics.

Both communities are great. They've treated me well, and it's always a blast to be around all of the different players, talking about strategies and problem matches and whatnot.

Even when not concerning Brawl/Sonic, the people are just fun.

Without a doubt, netting the KO on the character. Sonic just can't kill, that's all there is to it.

Do you believe there is something in brawl that blocks Sonic as a character from overcoming no matter how good the player may control him?

No. Aside from Falco and Meta Knight, Sonic really has no true problems that automatically make it impossible for him to emerge as a winner. Even with the former two characters present, if the player plays their cards right, Sonic can overcome those matches too.

Tails' questions:

If Sonic wasn't in Brawl, what character would you main in Brawl?

Tough question, and my answer always changes! Instead, I'll just list possible mains if Sonic wasn't present:

Zelda
Jigglypuff
Wolf
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

I'm particularly fond of all of those characters. I even play as Zelda in Low Tier events, and so far I've done pretty well, I'd think.

What video game series do you like to play during your free time other than Brawl?

The Sonic series, obviously.
I'm also crazy for Pokemon, and I love other fighters like BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, and Street Fighter.

I'm also a sucker for anything classic, especially from the Genesis. Give me an accomplice and some Streets of Rage, and we're taken the syndicate down.

If you had the option to change Brawl from what it is right now, what changes would you do to Sonic or any character in Brawl?

I'd make Ganondorf faster, swap Jigglypuff and Wario's aerial acceleration, buff the speed of Sonic's attacks while making his down smash, back air, and forward smash stronger, nerf Diddy's bananas, the speed that Snake pulls out grenades, fix his absurd hitboxes, make Falcon stronger, get rid of Falco's chaingrabs and nerf his laser speed...

...and ban Meta Knight.

Other things too, but Balanced Brawl kinda touches up on a lot of it.

With the respect to the previous question, what character(s) would you add into Brawl?

From Nintendo:
Sukapon
Krystal
Isaac
Ray
Kumatora
Birdo
Zoroark
Mewtwo
Bowser Jr.
Micaiah
Mii
Dixie Kong
Ridley
King K. Rool
Captain Syrup

If you want to include third parties, I'll only list my top five because I can go on forever:

Megaman
Pac Man
Ristar
Marina Lightyear
Blaze the Cat

What is your all time favorite Sonic game?

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles. No other Sonic game has ever felt so complete.

Do you read or have read any of the Archie Sonic comic book series?

I sure do. I haven't read them lately, but I left off right when [Spoilers]
The Iron Queen and Snivley joined forces after Eggman was thrown into an asylum.

Do you have any Sonic plushies?

I have two Sonics, but one looks hideous. I also have a Rosy the Rascal plush, and I'm working on getting the rest of the cast.

What tips would you start with if you had to teach a new Sonic main?

Master Sonic's ground movement and auto cancels. The sooner you do that, the easier it will be to navigate the level and damage your opponents.

Do you like buses?

Buses?
You mean the yellow, long cars that take kids to school?

Yes, I like riding in buses.
I dislike driving behind one though.

Which Sonic character do you like the most in the Sonic series? Also the least in the series?

Gotta go with Blaze the Cat. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone local on the Sonic Boards...or Pikachu boards. I do like Sonic, Sally, Dulcy, Robotnik, Nic, Vector, Shade, and Aurora a great deal, though. Mammoth Mogul is awesome too. Easily my favorite villain aside from Robotnik. Hell, let's add Mina Mongoose and Barby Koala too, while we're at it.

Who I like the least?

Tough question. Mighty, SatAM Antoine, Chaos, Captain Whiskers, and Erazor Djinn can all burn in mediocre hell.

Do you enter any other video game tournament or trading card game tournaments besides Brawl? If so, which ones?

Well, I don't enter much tournaments aside from Brawl, but in the past, I've entered Yu-Gi-Oh! tournaments (I rocked an Exodia deck every time), played Melee (did pretty good with Jigglypuff. Didn't play her because she was good. Played her because Rest was awesome), and I've gotten pretty decent at Pokemon TCG and Pokemon.

Also entered a DBZ Budokai 3 tournament once. I mained Majin Buu and won. :p

Someday, maybe I'll give SSF4 or BlazBlue tournaments a shot, just for fun.

Do you have a Sonic collection?

Games? Why yes. I own every Sonic game in some non-emulated way, shape, or form with the exception of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, and Sonic Unleashed (Xbox360/PS3 version). I plan on buying both for the PS3 soon.

Other merchandise, not so much. I do have two Sonic hats, a Sonic beanie, three Sonic pins, a fanmade circular Sonic pin, three Sonic shirts, a Sonic wallet, three Sonic plushies, two Sonic figures, the first box set of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, and the full boxset of Sonic SatAM.

(just thought of some more)

What is your favorite song by Crush 40?

Tough one. Live and Learn or What I'm Made Of, for sure.

What is your favorite Sonic song?

Dear god. I can't choose. I'll just name a few favorites:
Lava Reef Zone
Sky Sanctuary Zone
Sky Chase Zone
Ending Theme for Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Fastest Thing Alive
Instrumental His World
Sonic Adventure 1 It Doesn't Matter
Aquatic Mine
Pumpkin Hill
The S-Team Theme #2 (It's one of the songs played during Sonic's race with the S-Team in Sonic X. Non-4kids, of course.)
Final Fortress

There's way too many to list, sorry. I'm stopping now before I go overboard.

Which Sonic cartoon series did you prefer?

Sonic SatAM, without a doubt. It was perfection.
I only wish it kept going.
Imagining some of the Archie comic events in animation makes me all giddy.

That, and the VAs were lol. Sonic was Urkel, and Dulcy's VA went on to play some popular roles on Cartoon Network. I recognized it right away when I heard Dulcy's voice again after so long. It was interesting.

What was your first Sonic game that you ever played?

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 when I was either 3 or 4. It was glorious.

In Sonic Heroes, which team did you like to play as most of the time and why?

Are we talking about for enjoyment, or literally "most of the time?"

I love playing as Team Rose because they were so flippin' broken. Team Sonic was very cool though. Felt awesome playing as all three main characters at once.

Literally, I played as Chaotix the most, because their missions took FOREVER on my first play through. How was I suppose to know the god **** flame was THERE?!

Do you like chili dogs?

Shadowlink would answer for you.
But since he's not here: Yes. Yes I do. Very much.

I plan on making Sonic's Chili Dogs soon. His recipe is in the first issue of the Archie Comics.

Speed's question:

When you first play Sonic games, do you just beat the game, or do you try to collect all the emeralds?

Kinda both. I do prefer playing through it once through before I get the emeralds though. It's fun to see the false endings the first time around.

Sonikupo's questions:

What's your favourite song from a Sonic game?

We went over this already above. It didn't go well, lol.

Why the username Espy?

Funny story about that.
Back in 2006, I went by "Red Ghost" or "Red" in my first two or three tournaments for Melee. After awhile, I decided to change my name to "Puffball", because I was surprised it wasn't already taken. The 64 for my SWF name was because I liked the "64" thing. Either way, after awhile, I got tired of it, and wanted a new name.

I stared at my Melee nickname screen, and fiddled around with several letters. After a few attempts, I ended up with Esp (I was fascinated with the concepts behind ESP at the time). Tried all the vowels, and they sounded odd, until I gave "y" a shot. Espy was born at that moment.

A lot of people think it's for "Espeon" though. Yes, I love Espeon, I think it's awesome, but that wasn't the motivation. It's a little irritating.

Imagine my surprise when "Espy" turned out to be a real word too. Funny that.

Why Blaze and not Tikal, Amy, Rouge or Sally etc?

Amy would be great if she didn't talk.
Rouge is just not my style.
Sally is awesome, but not as awesome as Blaze.
Tikal is great too, but doesn't compare.

I don't honestly know why. Maybe it's her color scheme, maybe it's her personality, how she plays in the Sonic Rush series, or even just how big her roles are in every game she's in.

Hell, let's make it all of the above and more!

Plus, she controls fire and runs almost as fast as Sonic while in high heels. That's pretty hot cool.

Best Sonic VA, Ryan Drummond or Jason Griffith?

Why are you even implying that there's an option?
Drummond, without a doubt.
Griffith may be getting better, but he's still no match for Drummond.

To you, what is Sonic's most memorable quote/phrase?

Well, it's not really a quote by Sonic himself, but it's on a lot of his artwork for SA1, and it really does mean a lot to me:

"I'll never look back. I've got no regrets. 'Cause time doesn't wait for me. I choose to go my own way."

Excel's questions:

How does it feel being a high placing Sonic main amongst the front runners of Texas smash?

It feels pretty nice. I can't imagine how else it would feel.

Do you have a secondary color of Sonic that you play?

Not in tournament. I always stick with the blue color, even in teams, if possible. I am fond of the black color, though.

Fun Fact: The black color was the color I played Sonic with all the time before my first offline tournament.

Chis' questions:

Has there been a time where you've had a bad run with Sonic and felt like giving up?

I've never felt like giving up, but my worst run with Sonic was back at HOBO19, I believe. I placed 33rd, and that was my all time worst placement I've ever had in any tournament. It really disappointed me at the time.

Couldn't do much else but shrug, and just play harder. Letting something disappointing like that linger can only lead to trouble, anyways.

Who would you call your rival and why?

Don't really feel like I have a rival, but if I had to make one, it would definitely be K Prime. We go back and forth in matches so much, and they are always so close. I don't think that neither of us will ever completely outdo the other in matches so long as we both play.

Bonus questions:

No honorable mention for Chris to burn to oblivion?

I said mediocre hell. Chris goes somewhere else.

is it true you're switching your main to ivysaur?

No.

I only use Ivysaur in friendlies.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Let's see what i can think of...Okay, thought of a few questions.

What video game series do you like to play during your free time other than Brawl?

If you had the option to change Brawl from what it is right now, what changes would you do to Sonic or any character in Brawl?

With the respect to the previous question, what character(s) would you add into Brawl?

Do you like buses?

Which Sonic character do you like the most in the Sonic series? Also the least in the series?

Do you enter any other video game tournament or trading card game tournaments besides Brawl? If so, which ones?

(just though of some more)

Which Sonic cartoon series did you preferred?

Do you like chili dogs?

That's all I can think of for now. I'll either edit this or post a new one if I can think of any more questions.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.

*Thinks of questions Speed was gonna ask*

That's all I can think of for now. I'll either edit this or post a new one if I can think of any more questions.
Guess im too slow. :O

I cant think of anything else to ask...uh...@_@

When you first play Sonic games, do you just beat the game, or do you try to collect all the emeralds?

argh, i cant think. Kinzer and Tails just ***** the questions lol.

Kupo Rose

This.

Okay lemme think...

Why the username Espy?

might edit later

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Has there been a time where you've had a bad run with Sonic and felt like giving up?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Okay, well let's get this started! Sorry if I kept you waiting.
My answers will be in yellow.

Espy's Profile:

Name: Andrew (I prefer Espy though)
Residence: San Antonio, Texas
Race: Hispanic

@Kinzer
My questions:

Espy!

I grew up playing the Sonic franchise, ever since I was a younger kid. I've loved the character and the games ever since then, and even now.

As for Brawl, I just want to be acknowledged as a great Sonic main, and I'll continue to climb to the top until I'm up with all of the other Smash Bros' greats. More or less, to be blunt about it, above the fact that I just love Sonic and the franchise, I also want to be regarded as a great Sonic main, the best, or otherwise.

I feel as though I really just pushed and pushed myself to reach the spot that I'm at right now. When I get determined, I feel as though I can do whatever I feel like doing, and that sensation is what motivates me to do the things that I do in the game. I do admit, I probably wouldn't be here without the other big names from the past. Malcolm, Blue, Tenki, Lucky, and Mr. 3000 were great players to study back when I first started practicing with him in '08.

I'd still play Brawl, and maybe still be competitive at it. I'd probably just main someone else, and continue to do what I do in my spare time. Surf the internet, chat, watch videos, and write stories and poems.

I personally think one of my crutches when it comes to intense game-play is my attitude about the game. I don't mind losing one bit (as long as tripping isn't involved), and winning's pretty cool, but what I really, truly want is a great fight from my opponent. Having a fantastic battle with my opponent excites me more than the victory screen at the end, and whenever the sparks are flying in a match, it pumps me up. When I get excited, I feel like I fight better, smarter, faster, and more precise, so I strive to duke it out with great players and gain experience. The better I am at fighting, the better the fights will be if I manage to reach the end of the brackets.

The way I see it, I love fighting other people in this game, especially great players like Razer, Dojo, Gnes, Ozz, Xyro, the list goes on and on. If I want to enjoy fighting guys like them, and fight MORE of them, I gotta win more, right? Win more great fights, and I get rewarded with even BETTER fights.

Overall, it feels like this attitude really helps to push me over the edge when it comes to breaking the mold in my skills.

Well, everyone has their own "flavor" to add to a character. Dojo's Meta Knight is much, much more aggressive than M2K's, and Gnes' Diddy is incredibly smart while Fliphop is incredibly skilled in techs. I feel like my Sonic is very flexible in that I can manage myself in most situations before the fight spirals out of my control.

I do need to stop SD'ing against certain players though. Sometimes I get carried away.

Applying proper pressure to the opponents. Yes, Sonic is a hit and run character, but I feel like many Sonics are trying too hard to either "hit", or "run". You know who you are. Find a balance between both attacking and running, and I guarantee you'll see improvement in your game.

Like I mentioned above, I typically spend my time watching videos or surfing the internet. I rarely ever watch television. I do go and spend time with friends here and there, and above that, another passion of mine is writing. I absolutely love to write. Poems are alright, but I almost always prefer to write prose pieces. Short stories.

I do like collaborating and reading other writer's works though. It's always a treat.

I plan to Smash for as long as my life allows me to. I love this franchise, I love the tournament scene/experience, and I love the people.

In life, I plan to strive to become a philosophy professor. At least, at the moment.

Well, he's doing moderately "okay", I suppose. He's still a bad character, definitely in the lower levels of mid tier for sure, but there ARE several players doing their part to show everyone that Sonic is not a character to be taken lightly.

In Brawl, Sonic seems like he's going to be sitting in the same general spot for awhile, if not the rest of Brawl's lifespan. Unless something absolutely game breaking comes along, we can finally settle down and become cozy in our current tier positioning. That's pretty much as high as Sonic can really go.

Sonic will do fine in tournaments though. So long as great players are able to evolve, so will Sonic.

The franchise? Who knows? Sonic Colors looks like it has some potential, and Sonic 4 already looks like a blast to play. I love the music in both, already.

The best representatives, in my opinion, for Sonic, are without a doubt X, Speed, and myself. Not only have all three of these players proved themselves to be extremely potent with the character, but all three have gained some sense of noteriety in their region because of this.

Besides, I think it's cool that Sonic has a representative for the West, South, and East. Now if only someone from the North could step it up.

Sonic's strongest match up is probably Samus. You can get inside her wall fairly easily, KOing her never feels like a problem, and she can't kill you any better than you can kill her.

My favorite match to play is probably either vs. Snake, vs. Sheik, or vs. Pikachu. Snake is just very difficult to fight against, and I love the challenge. It's also not completely hopeless. Sheik is just all around fun to fight because both characters feel more or less the same in many ways. It also feels like the most absolute even match up I've ever played, and that is just fun. Pikachu is fun because there's almost no nonsense (aside from Pika's chain grab, which isn't too bad) in the fight. Just pure player vs. player.

Falco, for sure. It's frustrating, more so than Meta Knight.

Overcoming Falco? I guess I'll just have to play smarter. That's the only solution I see.
That shouldn't be too hard. :p

Never give up. Be determined and confident whenever you meet an obstacle, and smash it into a billion pieces. Most importantly, have fun.

It's delicious. I love eating steak with fries and gravy with wheat bread.

Sounds delicious, no?

Sonic does fine in doubles. He's a real pest with his ground speed, and he literally almost always covers his partner when they get attacked. It's pretty scary for me when I realize how easy it is to punish people in doubles. So many options, so little time, heh.

Best partners are definitely the heavy cast members aside from Bowser. Snake, Wario, DK, and King Dedede do great with Sonic. Of course, Meta Knight too, but he's Meta Knight. Anyone who can kill early is also a decent partner for Sonic (Fox, Olimar).

In my own experiences with PhantomX, Sonic and Ganondorf can be one HELL of a nasty team when played right.

Double Sonic would be tough, but it's doable, given the Sonic's play very well and cooperative at EVERY possible moment.

It would also be downright hilarious. I'd be afraid if I was on the opposing team of any combination of two high leveled Sonics.

Both communities are great. They've treated me well, and it's always a blast to be around all of the different players, talking about strategies and problem matches and whatnot.

Even when not concerning Brawl/Sonic, the people are just fun.

Without a doubt, netting the KO on the character. Sonic just can't kill, that's all there is to it.

No. Aside from Falco and Meta Knight, Sonic really has no true problems that automatically make it impossible for him to emerge as a winner. Even with the former two characters present, if the player plays their cards right, Sonic can overcome those matches too.
@Tails

Tough question, and my answer always changes! Instead, I'll just list possible mains if Sonic wasn't present:

Zelda
Jigglypuff
Wolf
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

I'm particularly fond of all of those characters. I even play as Zelda in Low Tier events, and so far I've done pretty well, I'd think.

The Sonic series, obviously.
I'm also crazy for Pokemon, and I love other fighters like BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, and Street Fighter.

I'm also a sucker for anything classic, especially from the Genesis. Give me an accomplice and some Streets of Rage, and we're taken the syndicate down.

I'd make Ganondorf faster, swap Jigglypuff and Wario's aerial acceleration, buff the speed of Sonic's attacks while making his down smash, back air, and forward smash stronger, nerf Diddy's bananas, the speed that Snake pulls out grenades, fix his absurd hitboxes, make Falcon stronger, get rid of Falco's chaingrabs and nerf his laser speed...

...and ban Meta Knight.

Other things too, but Balanced Brawl kinda touches up on a lot of it.

From Nintendo:
Sukapon
Krystal
Isaac
Ray
Kumatora
Birdo
Zoroark
Mewtwo
Bowser Jr.
Micaiah
Mii
Dixie Kong
Ridley
King K. Rool
Captain Syrup

If you want to include third parties, I'll only list my top five because I can go on forever:

Megaman
Pac Man
Ristar
Marina Lightyear
Blaze the Cat

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles. No other Sonic game has ever felt so complete.

I sure do. I haven't read them lately, but I left off right when
The Iron Queen and Snivley joined forces after Eggman was thrown into an asylum

I have two Sonics, but one looks hideous. I also have a Rosy the Rascal plush, and I'm working on getting the rest of the cast.

Master Sonic's ground movement and auto cancels. The sooner you do that, the easier it will be to navigate the level and damage your opponents.

Do you like buses?

Buses?
You mean the yellow, long cars that take kids to school?

Yes, I like riding in buses.
I dislike driving behind one though.

Gotta go with Blaze the Cat. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone local on the Sonic Boards...or Pikachu boards. I do like Sonic, Sally, Dulcy, Robotnik, Nic, Vector, Shade, and Aurora a great deal, though. Mammoth Mogul is awesome too. Easily my favorite villain aside from Robotnik. Hell, let's add Mina Mongoose and Barby Koala too, while we're at it.

Who I like the least?

Tough question. Mighty, SatAM Antoine, Chaos, Captain Whiskers, and Erazor Djinn can all burn in mediocre hell.

Well, I don't enter much tournaments aside from Brawl, but in the past, I've entered Yu-Gi-Oh! tournaments (I rocked an Exodia deck every time), played Melee (did pretty good with Jigglypuff. Didn't play her because she was good. Played her because Rest was awesome), and I've gotten pretty decent at Pokemon TCG and Pokemon.

Also entered a DBZ Budokai 3 tournament once. I mained Majin Buu and won. :p

Someday, maybe I'll give SSF4 or BlazBlue tournaments a shot, just for fun.

Games? Why yes. I own every Sonic game in some non-emulated way, shape, or form with the exception of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, and Sonic Unleashed (Xbox360/PS3 version). I plan on buying both for the PS3 soon.

Other merchandise, not so much. I do have two Sonic hats, a Sonic beanie, three Sonic pins, a fanmade circular Sonic pin, three Sonic shirts, a Sonic wallet, three Sonic plushies, two Sonic figures, the first box set of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, and the full boxset of Sonic SatAM.

(just though of some more)

Tough one. Live and Learn or What I'm Made Of, for sure.

Dear god. I can't choose. I'll just name a few favorites:
Lava Reef Zone
Sky Sanctuary Zone
Sky Chase Zone
Ending Theme for Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Fastest Thing Alive
Instrumental His World
Sonic Adventure 1 It Doesn't Matter
Aquatic Mine
Pumpkin Hill
The S-Team Theme #2 (It's one of the songs played during Sonic's race with the S-Team in Sonic X. Non-4kids, of course.)
Final Fortress

There's way too many to list, sorry. I'm stopping now before I go overboard.

Which Sonic cartoon series did you preferred?

Sonic SatAM, without a doubt. It was perfection.
I only wish it kept going.
Imagining some of the Archie comic events in animation makes me all giddy.

That, and the VAs were lol. Sonic was Urkel, and Dulcy's VA went on to play some popular roles on Cartoon Network. I recognized it right away when I heard Dulcy's voice again after so long. It was interesting.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 when I was either 3 or 4. It was glorious.

Are we talking about for enjoyment, or literally "most of the time?"

I love playing as Team Rose because they were so flippin' broken. Team Sonic was very cool though. Felt awesome playing as all three main characters at once.

Literally, I played as Chaotix the most, because their missions took FOREVER on my first play through. How was I suppose to know the god **** flame was THERE?!

Do you like chili dogs?

Shadowlink would answer for you.
But since he's not here: Yes. Yes I do. Very much.

I plan on making Sonic's Chili Dogs soon. His recipe is in the first issue of the Archie Comics.

@Speed
Guess im too slow. :O

I cant think of anything else to ask...uh...@_@

Kinda both. I do prefer playing through it once through before I get the emeralds though. It's fun to see the false endings the first time around.

@Sonikupo
SoniKupo said:

We went over this already above. It didn't go well, lol.

Why the username Espy?

Funny story about that.
Back in 2006, I went by "Red Ghost" or "Red" in my first two or three tournaments for Melee. After awhile, I decided to change my name to "Puffball", because I was surprised it wasn't already taken. The 64 for my SWF name was because I liked the "64" thing. Either way, after awhile, I got tired of it, and wanted a new name.

I stared at my Melee nickname screen, and fiddled around with several letters. After a few attempts, I ended up with Esp (I was fascinated with the concepts behind ESP at the time). Tried all the vowels, and they sounded odd, until I gave "y" a shot. Espy was born at that moment.

A lot of people think it's for "Espeon" though. Yes, I love Espeon, I think it's awesome, but that wasn't the motivation. It's a little irritating.

Imagine my surprise when "Espy" turned out to be a real word too. Funny that.

Amy would be great if she didn't talk.
Rouge is just not my style.
Sally is awesome, but not as awesome as Blaze.
Tikal is great too, but doesn't compare.

I don't honestly know why. Maybe it's her color scheme, maybe it's her personality, how she plays in the Sonic Rush series, or even just how big her roles are in every game she's in.

Hell, let's make it all of the above and more!

Plus, she controls fire and runs almost as fast as Sonic while in high heels. That's pretty hot cool.

Why are you even implying that there's an option?
Drummond, without a doubt.
Griffith may be getting better, but he's still no match for Drummond.

Well, it's not really a quote by Sonic himself, but it's on a lot of his artwork for SA1, and it really does mean a lot to me:

"I'll never look back. I've got no regrets. 'Cause time doesn't wait for me. I choose to go my own way."
@Excel
How does it feel being a high placing Sonic main amongst the front runners of Texas smash?

It feels pretty nice. I can't imagine how else it would feel.

Do you have a secondary color of Sonic that you play?

Not in tournament. I always stick with the blue color, even in teams, if possible. I am fond of the black color, though.

Fun Fact: The black color was the color I played Sonic with all the time before my first offline tournament.
@Chis

I've never felt like giving up, but my worst run with Sonic was back at HOBO19, I believe. I placed 33rd, and that was my all time worst placement I've ever had in any tournament. It really disappointed me at the time.

Couldn't do much else but shrug, and just play harder. Letting something disappointing like that linger can only lead to trouble, anyways.

Don't really feel like I have a rival, but if I had to make one, it would definitely be K Prime. We go back and forth in matches so much, and they are always so close. I don't think that neither of us will ever completely outdo the other in matches so long as we both play.
Thank everyone for the questions! I enjoyed answering each of them!
<333~

If you have anymore before the next person, then please feel free to ask away!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No honorable mention for Chris to burn to oblivion?

Well, thank you very much for the interview Espy! If I can think of anything else, I'll post it here. Otherwise that goes for everyone else as well until June 4th when we do the next rotation.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No, not Chis our moderator. Chris Thorndyke from Sonic X.

At least I think that's who we are talking about. I know I was.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why would I want Chis to burn in hell?

He's not a furry, is he? We're required to burn.

Top Bottom