• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lightspeed Interviews - The Sonic Community Interview Thread - KC be timing us out | And KID ↓

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

They both suck.

I Just find Touhou more appealing, even though that is still its own opinion.

In other news, everything else sucks too. Inb4NoU.

@#$%.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lucky Star has pseudo-furs. Touhou has attention whores.
There's a difference.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Lucky Star has pseudo-furs. Touhou has attention whores.
There's a difference.
How does that make a difference? (no pun intended)

If they suck, it doesn't matter by how much or which is worse, what matters is in the end that they suck, period.

;~;

Also, you're gonna have to explain these psuedo-attention ***** concepts to me. I thought the furry cosplay for lucky star was a joke/fan-art thing, and while Touhou has everything anybody could ask for, I don't know who is suppose to play the whiny lonely attention seeker.

... I should've known better though, that there'd be a lot to learn. Especially when the main character is a lazy b****.

... No wait, how do I know whether or not that's a canonical trait for Reimu or if that's just a personality that the fanbase has assumed of her? That's probably the only problem with such freedom of imagination.

*shakes head.* and I don't think I could ever bring myself to watch Lucky Star to find out if that furry cosplay thing happens somewhere down the line in the anime. I cannot, it's basically fan-service + random skits with no plot. I like watching anime with a plot. I'm a terribly biased @#$%er.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Misao.

Now your argument is completely invalid.
Fine, I'll look this up after I get back home from birthday scavenger-hunting.

You had better not be saying this just to instigate me though. ;_;

I can't help but get this eerie feeling that the further I push the things that-

Nevermind; just if I become a pest, somebody let me know, and either I'll try to fix it, tone it down, or leave all-together assuming I'm hopeless with changing certain parts of myself.

Edit: Very quickly, but this is quite an important update for the thread.

If you vote for somebody, and that person ends up being the next interviewee, I better **** well expect questions from you. The reason being is because I will not take chances with people getting scapegoated. It means a lot to some people that they get granted their week of that spotlight, and to have absolutely nobody ask anything would be really humiliating.

I'm going to add more onto this when I get back, but for now I'm in a hurry, and I want to make it clear that this is sort of like a family. Family if I recall correctly does not cop out

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oey, you people aren't even waiting for me to officially start the next voting process! :X

... Which would be right now, but I really have something I need to say.

Jerry, it just occurred to me that you come off like you expect I'm a complete troll. Whether or not you think this is fine, but the way you responded me to it sounds like that's what you think I am. we're gonna need to talk more about this over AIM, but there are some things I think I can get away with saying in public, because one I think it will help you, and two, I think it will help the both of us.

... If I may have this time to say something, I'd really like to talk more about this.

Jerry, please please, please tell me that you know I'm not doing this only to troll you. :< I've said it a couple of times, either because you forget, or that I don't want you to forget, but either way I do the things I do because it's who I am; not because I want to make your life miserable. In fact, I'm trying to go about the opposite of that.

At no point in your time spent on the internet will you not come across people who will behave the way I do to get a reaction out of you, and say the things they do to learn more about you and make fun of you for it. The only reason I'm so obvious with my trolling is because there's really no hiding it. When there's something I believe in, I will voice my opinion and I will do everything in my power to make sure I'm heard, even when I'm ignored/silenced.

There may also come at times in the real world where you need to be sure of your opinions, and feeling insulted/taken advantage of only shows how insecure you really are. This is a bad thing, with strangers or people you trust, because whether on intention or not, people who you hold dear to can still hurt you too.

Of course, I'm pointing back at myself when I say that. I try to be patient with you, but I'd be lying to you if I said I did not at one point (or a couple) consider letting you go about all of this on your own and whether or fly or drown would be not of my concern. Sadly, that may be the case right now; not because you are a lost cause, but you of all people would know why I have lost faith in my friends. Being betrayed hurts so bad and after so many repeats it becomes difficult to know who to believe in. Just please remind me every now and then that you can get around by showing interest in maintaining our friendship, and hopefully I'll be able to see it everytime that by just doing that I don't need to abandon you.

... At this point, I'm willing to try anything. So far, you've made progress. Still got a ways to go, but we'll figure it out with the process of elimination. Encouraging you works somewhat, reverse-psychology is a double-edged sword, and other methods of encouragement have their positive and negative effects. I'm only doing what I think will work best. The absolute best thing you could do is take interest in yourself; you need to have the fire burning inside of you, there's only so much air people around can blow before it falls onto the individual to ignite the flame.

Also, I think it was unfair of me to call you a depressed individual. You are no different than anybody else, who goes through struggles, right? I hope you can find it in you to forgive me, and I would understand if you had to hold it against me for a while, but just please don't ever get the two mixed up; and if it does come to the former that you don't need to suffer alone (just I may not be the best person to consult, obviously).

It just really infuriates me to see you talk like you're a helpless person, because you aren't. You're only creating that standard for yourself by saying things like that. I just hope that in your case, it's similar to mine where even if I put myself down I never stop trying until I cannot see a solution, and no way to improvise or nobody to look up to for suggestions/answers.

... I really need a bigger circle. The more people I can talk to, the more perspectives I'll be able to see...

And do me a favor. Hear me out:

I think it's pathetic that you have to get your inspiration from a near 18-year old boy who isn't even sure of his methods, is more likely than not confused himself, has little going for him now, and if I believe I am pathetic, what does that make the things that I actually make better?

I know you have the talent, you're just for whatever reason not wanting to utilize it. I can say for a fact you have more promising traits right now than I could probably hope to get. You're going to graduate college soon, I'm working to start it... You've had not one, but two jobs, whereas my work experience is limited/non-existent due to the "plan" my parents have set up for me, and chances are I will not ever work for money until I'm in my mid-twenties. Freaking C'mon man~, sure I'm working for a positive future, but it's a huge gamble to put any kind of investment into me now; why not do yourself a favor and channel all of that aspiration into yourself? ?_?

Oey, one of these days, I'll make something out of myself. Not for myself, but to make the time people put into me worth it in the end. I could not live with myself if I came all this way, with all the sacrifice people did, and threw that all away. Right now though, I want to be able to stand on my own two feet, me being spoiled has got to stop, or I will only end up taking advantage of good people... :(

... Having said all that, I'll start the next voting process now... I'll go for Excel this time. Chis seems to be having connectivity issues, and until he gets that resolved I want people who are active and can reply. Makes this thread look a bit more lively, ya know?

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Oey, you people aren't even waiting for me to officially start the next voting process! :X

... Which would be right now, but I really have something I need to say.

Jerry, it just occurred to me that you come off like you expect I'm a complete troll. Whether or not you think this is fine, but the way you responded me to it sounds like that's what you think I am. we're gonna need to talk more about this over AIM, but there are some things I think I can get away with saying in public, because one I think it will help you, and two, I think it will help the both of us.

... If I may have this time to say something, I'd really like to talk more about this.

Jerry, please please, please tell me that you know I'm not doing this only to troll you. :< I've said it a couple of times, either because you forget, or that I don't want you to forget, but either way I do the things I do because it's who I am; not because I want to make your life miserable. In fact, I'm trying to go about the opposite of that.

At no point in your time spent on the internet will you not come across people who will behave the way I do to get a reaction out of you, and say the things they do to learn more about you and make fun of you for it. The only reason I'm so obvious with my trolling is because there's really no hiding it. When there's something I believe in, I will voice my opinion and I will do everything in my power to make sure I'm heard, even when I'm ignored/silenced.

There may also come at times in the real world where you need to be sure of your opinions, and feeling insulted/taken advantage of only shows how insecure you really are. This is a bad thing, with strangers or people you trust, because whether on intention or not, people who you hold dear to can still hurt you too.

Of course, I'm pointing back at myself when I say that. I try to be patient with you, but I'd be lying to you if I said I did not at one point (or a couple) consider letting you go about all of this on your own and whether or fly or drown would be not of my concern. Sadly, that may be the case right now; not because you are a lost cause, but you of all people would know why I have lost faith in my friends. Being betrayed hurts so bad and after so many repeats it becomes difficult to know who to believe in. Just please remind me every now and then that you can get around by showing interest in maintaining our friendship, and hopefully I'll be able to see it everytime that by just doing that I don't need to abandon you.

... At this point, I'm willing to try anything. So far, you've made progress. Still got a ways to go, but we'll figure it out with the process of elimination. Encouraging you works somewhat, reverse-psychology is a double-edged sword, and other methods of encouragement have their positive and negative effects. I'm only doing what I think will work best. The absolute best thing you could do is take interest in yourself; you need to have the fire burning inside of you, there's only so much air people around can blow before it falls onto the individual to ignite the flame.

Also, I think it was unfair of me to call you a depressed individual. You are no different than anybody else, who goes through struggles, right? I hope you can find it in you to forgive me, and I would understand if you had to hold it against me for a while, but just please don't ever get the two mixed up; and if it does come to the former that you don't need to suffer alone (just I may not be the best person to consult, obviously).

It just really infuriates me to see you talk like you're a helpless person, because you aren't. You're only creating that standard for yourself by saying things like that. I just hope that in your case, it's similar to mine where even if I put myself down I never stop trying until I cannot see a solution, and no way to improvise or nobody to look up to for suggestions/answers.

... I really need a bigger circle. The more people I can talk to, the more perspectives I'll be able to see...

And do me a favor. Hear me out:

I think it's pathetic that you have to get your inspiration from a near 18-year old boy who isn't even sure of his methods, is more likely than not confused himself, has little going for him now, and if I believe I am pathetic, what does that make the things that I actually make better?

I know you have the talent, you're just for whatever reason not wanting to utilize it. I can say for a fact you have more promising traits right now than I could probably hope to get. You're going to graduate college soon, I'm working to start it... You've had not one, but two jobs, whereas my work experience is limited/non-existent due to the "plan" my parents have set up for me, and chances are I will not ever work for money until I'm in my mid-twenties. Freaking C'mon man~, sure I'm working for a positive future, but it's a huge gamble to put any kind of investment into me now; why not do yourself a favor and channel all of that aspiration into yourself? ?_?

Oey, one of these days, I'll make something out of myself. Not for myself, but to make the time people put into me worth it in the end. I could not live with myself if I came all this way, with all the sacrifice people did, and threw that all away. Right now though, I want to be able to stand on my own two feet, me being spoiled has got to stop, or I will only end up taking advantage of good people... :(

... Having said all that, I'll start the next voting process now... I'll go for Excel this time. Chis seems to be having connectivity issues, and until he gets that resolved I want people who are active and can reply. Makes this thread look a bit more lively, ya know?
Of course I don't think you are doing this to troll me. I guess when I was typing out my answers I was a bit tired or I'm just taking the questions kinda seriously. Some things we may need to talk over AIM about. I understand about not hiding the troll inside of you. Everyone has the right to express themselves. I'll try to understand, but just remember, I do take some things seriously. I forgive you about the depression question. We'll work on a way to hopefully help us both.

I understand about betrayed by another friend. I know that feeling. I've been betrayed many times by one of friends with transit. I put in suggestions to him and he takes all the credit for it. Just recently on Veolia Transportation Las Vegas Region Facebook account they posted a video on their page with a music rap of all the routes. They used a video I created with the fleet of buses that we have here in Las Vegas. for them. At the end they gave credit to my friend, but no credit to me. He was given credit for giving them the original video. Even though I felt I was betrayed, I'm not going out of my way of denying other friends. I will keep reminding you why we are friends and hopefully I can find a way to fill that gap.

Anyway, since we are starting the new voting, I'll vote for Excel

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Y'know, I know I'm not real important or anything or a prominent Sonic main but I did bring the idea of an interview thread to the board and I even came up with a name for the thing and to be quite honest I'm kind of offended that I've been pretty much overlooked since it started. /rant

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, I know I'm not real important or anything or a prominent Sonic main but I did bring the idea of an interview thread to the board and I even came up with a name for the thing and to be quite honest I'm kind of offended that I've been pretty much overlooked since it started. /rant
You almost make it sound like the only reason you came up with this was for attention.

"Hey guys, we should make an interview thread. But you guys better interview me."

^That's what I'm getting from this.

If you want to get interviewed so badly, the first thing I'd suggest is to maintain your patience and not complain because not enough people vote for you. And if you haven't noticed already, the pattern of people getting interviewed are the people who have been a part of these boards for a good while. My only advice is to work your way into the "Family". Give these people a reason to want to know more about you. This also includes you showing that you want to know more about your fellow Sonics.

With that said, my vote goes for Excel because I'm curious as to what your answers will be once you finally do get the spotlight.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
You almost make it sound like the only reason you came up with this was for attention.

"Hey guys, we should make an interview thread. But you guys better interview me."

If you want to get interviewed so badly, the first thing I'd suggest is to maintain your patience and not complain because not enough people vote for you. And if you haven't noticed already, the pattern of people getting interviewed are the people who have been a part of these boards for a good while. My only advice is to work your way into the "Family". Give these people a reason to want to know more about you. This also includes you showing that you want to know more about your fellow Sonics.

With that said, my vote goes for Excel because I'm curious as to what your answers will be once you finally do get the spotlight.
I've been an active member of the Sonic boards for well over a year now. FYI I'm interested in learning about the other players that I probably won't get a chance to meet. I want to get some insight on the person behind the gamertag. If it were about me I would've just suggested a "Tell Us About Yourself" thread which anyone could've posted a description and I would've posted mine first.

Don't get it twisted Sharpie.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate

What about me, I've been here for ages and only Kinzer has voted for me lol.

Anyways I'll vote Excel.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
I've been an active member of the Sonic boards for well over a year now. FYI I'm interested in learning about the other players that I probably won't get a chance to meet. I want to get some insight on the person behind the gamertag. If it were about me I would've just suggested a "Tell Us About Yourself" thread which anyone could've posted a description and I would've posted mine first.

Don't get it twisted Sharpie.
I don't see anything getting twisted here. Perhaps I'm just not convinced yet but it won't matter. Looks like you'll be the next one interviewed anyway.

What about me, I've been here for ages and only Kinzer has voted for me lol.

Anyways I'll vote Excel.
This is news to me. O_o

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Lol.

Even if I did vote for Chis now, Excel seems to be the next guy to interview. I'll still give a couple of days for people to cast their vote, but this is what the people want.

Also yeah, I wouldn't be too worried about getting interviewed soon. If you contribute a lot to the Sonic community, than more likely than not you'll be one of the first batch of people to get interviewed. That's just how popularity works (in both the good and bad way, in which case you're probably notorious. :X)

That's the only reason I could think of as to why people wanted to interview me, even though I don't amount myself to anything at all. XD Looks like people love (to hate?) me around here.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

Even though it's Excel's turn this time around, maybe we'll get Shugo next time?

Until then, I'm sorry it took me quite a while to get this up. Been busy with school and doing stuff.

You may start asking questions.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Here are my questions for Excel

-What was your reason why you picked up Sonic as a main?

-What was your reaction when you heard that Sonic was announced in Brawl?

-Do you believe that they should of pushed back Brawl to correct any glitches and/or improve the game?

-What changes would you do into Brawl if you were part of the team?

-What characters would you add and/or remove from Brawl?

-What is your 3 favorite Sonic games from both old school and new school series?

-Have you ever been on a New Flyer D40HF series?

-Have you enter any tournaments that was for a fundraiser?

-What is your favorite song from Crush 40?

-What are your top 5 favorite Sonic songs?

-Do you read manga? If so, what are your favorite series (up to 3 please)

-Do you like watching anime? If so, what are you favorite series (up to 3 please)

-What is your favorite match ups? How about least favorite match-ups?

-Do you like playing Sonic dittos?

-What is your favorite Sonic cartoon series?

-What are you top 3 favorite and least favorite Sonic characters?

-Other than Brawl, do you enter any other tournaments?

-Do you play trading card games?

-Other than Smash and Sonic games, what video game series do you like to play?

-What characters do you play in Melee?

-Do you French Toast?

-Do you watch the Food Network? If so, what is your favorite 3 shows?

I guess that's all for now. I have other things on my mind right now. If I can think of any more questions, I'll edit this post or create a new post.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Personally for me:
Best Neutrals - Battlefield and Smashville
Worst Neutrals - Lylat and FD
Best CPs - Frigate, PS1 and Delfino Plaza
Worst CPs - Brinstar, Halberd and Pictochat
1. Why did you put Pictochat as Sonic's worst CP?

2. Why isn't Yoshi's Island (Brawl) in Sonic's best CP?

3. How did you come up with the user Oreo (Excel)?
a) Why is Excel in brackets?

4. Is there a reason you prefer using Green Sonic over the other colours?

5. Favourite colour?

6. Favourite Pokemon?

7. Have you ever done a 100m sprint?
a) What was your time?

8. :093: or Steak?

May add more later.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Here are my question for Excel.

- How do you feel about your community? Both the Sonics and in your region.

-Would how you feel about you region be the reason you became regionless?

-Which Sonic AT do you use the most and why?

-How does it feel to finally be interviewed?

-Have any pets?

-Have any siblings?

-Is there another player in the Smash community that you look up to for inspiration?

-Have you ever played Mario Party 4?

-Want to?

-Why is Boomer your favorite Rowdy Ruff Boy?

That's all for now. Might edit more later.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
So you are pretty open about your gayness. So what do you look for in a man? Masculinity, girly girl ****, or straight up "G-ness"? Like you looking for a dude that's striaght outta compton or a dude that likes to get his nails done regularly?

You main sonic. He's fast. Does that indirectly mean that you're fast to finish in bed?

Since you're black, you have the ability to run as fast as sonic when the cops are after you. Do you wish you could run as fast as sonic when the cops aren't chasing after you?

Who's a smasher or smashers you look up to playstyle or personality-wise?

What's your dream job? Dream Lay?

also, WHY'D YOU LEAVE US!?!??! Come back TO FOX!!! we MISS YOU DAMMIT.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
So you are pretty open about your gayness. So what do you look for in a man? Masculinity, girly girl ****, or straight up "G-ness"? Like you looking for a dude that's striaght outta compton or a dude that's likes to get his nails done regularly?

You main sonic. He's fast. Does that indirectly mean that you're fast to finish in bed?

Since you're black, you have the ability to run as fast as sonic when the cops are after you. Do you wish you could run as fast as sonic when the cops aren't chasing after you?

Who's a smasher or smashers you look up to playstyle or personality-wise?

What's your dream job? Dream Lay?

also, WHY'D YOU LEAVE US!?!??! Come back TO FOX!!! we MISS YOU DAMMIT.
You seem to main a few different characters in brawl, is this a reflection of the many different positions you like in bed?

Fox is always competing against Falco, Do you have a "Brother" that you compete with?...He doesn't have to be black to be a brotha /isthattooharsh?ihopenot.extraheartsbecuzurPretty<3<3

figured I'd add to the list. Go fox mainzz.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
lol, fox boards be raiding this interview.

excell, why you hate us D :

also, who's faster brawl sonic, oooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mel.......brawl fox?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Uzi means, who do you think is faster, You or your prefered Partner?

speaking of which you seem to favour fast characters, does this mean you enjoy quickies more than meaningful stabs?

Top Bottom