• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If you don't know what to do just yet - get the crap you need to do out of the way.

Go to community college. I play less $1300 per semester on books and classes. And I don't put out of pocket because i qualify for the Pell Grant, which I am awarded with no payback of about roughly 5,000 a year. So you get covered and receive a check in the mail for the money you didn't use.

That **** is so cash. Things will get more difficult when you choose to go to a four year college, though. but for the two years you're in community college, you should be good.
See my problem is I need to get a 2yr that specializes in something, then work smalltime, work my way up/go to school on weekends to get a better job. I can't do my basics, 4 yr, then just go out an explore. I lack the money to do internships. I have to work full time, so yeah =/. Unless I lucked out on a paid one, that is.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Unless you need to go to uni for your job, don't.

It's a buttload of money, and you don't always get something out of your degree.

/speaking from experience

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
College is like, life changingly expensive in America.

Where as here you can nearly go for free if you play your cards right.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yay!

Unfortunately, speedfan is telling me that my laptop is on fire, so I may have to give it a bit of a break. :(
Get on when you can! :)

Cool, just add me and I'll get on that!! Wait who da LH leader of dis??

:phone:
Moi.

I added you and you're added to the LH chat. F8AL is the leader and ZIO and I are his 'helpers'.
I also added finalark as a 'helper'. He's cool and smart.

It's horrible I wish I were graduated already like F8AL :c
:troll:

I kinda miss being in school.
Not me.

I played Melee everyday during lunch in High School.

I really miss that.
I did too. Good times.

F8AL

I won you that copy of Section 8: Prejudice with all of its DLC so get the hell on Steam
I love you. <333333

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
the_alibi_of_tyrants

Add me on Skype, people.

I just got a brilliant idea. Why don't we, the LH people, put a podcast about gaming together?

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Invite me to the social group for this podcast!

I can't get on Skype right now, F8AL. I'm talking with my woman. :( I'll try and get on later, if ya'll are going to be awake.

Smooth Criminal

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Finally platinumed Storm 2 :D

Never have to play that game again....
I got the 50 rank wins the cheap way.

Deidara. I tried to use Pain. I won like 10 with him, but the lag made it really annoying, so I used the cheap method. I got pretty good with Pain, though. (My favorite Naruto Character, btw).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
how is that game as a fighting game btw? is it balanced? is the multiplayer good?

i think that game has the coolest animation of any fighting game ever

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
how is that game as a fighting game btw? is it balanced? is the multiplayer good?

i think that game has the coolest animation of any fighting game ever
Terrible. So many characters suck, so many broken. :/

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Not at all.

-Minato is too fast
-Sage Mode's Naruto has like Exodia the Forbidden one Priority
-Pain's Shirai Tensei can counter the entire world.

For some reason, UJ (Ultimate Ninjutsu's) Can be canceled out by everything, there is no "priority" or so it seems.

Deidara's Birds... oh god his birds.

Fun game to platinum, but you're better off with MVC3 for competitive.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha that's what i'm saying though. even mvc2 is competitively viable. i'm not trying to say that the game is competitively viable, but i'm just wondering what it's like if two good players play each other

if you have 4 characters who all have great attributes, then i'm sure each of those characters might have a chance against each other?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
haha that's what i'm saying though. even mvc2 is competitively viable. i'm not trying to say that the game is competitively viable, but i'm just wondering what it's like if two good players play each other

if you have 4 characters who all have great attributes, then i'm sure each of those characters might have a chance against each other?
Eh, it's more like who gets what off first most of the time.

Also, online due to input lag Sage mode naruto wins everytime almost.

Also, Substitution Jutsu makes everything broken. Forgot to mention that. Just spam L2 when you're in a combo (or some Xbox button), and 90% of the time you'll escape the combo as long as you have 10% Chakra.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
meter management and getting the first hit? sounds familiar!!

haha anyway

i want to try out the game

it looks awesome and fun

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
meter management and getting the first hit? sounds familiar!!

haha anyway

i want to try out the game

it looks awesome and fun
It's awesome. It's fun, but MVC [3 at least] far nicer too you. I mean one UJ off and you've lost pretty much. Making a come back is rare because they can dart around the field and stall or Sub. jutsu stall.

MvC [3 at least] has had comebacks at least.

It's fun, got a great adventure mode, and a great game to platinum/100%. Was my 9th platinum trophy actually ;). It just falls short competitively.

Speaking of FGs, you do any missions on MVC3 Chok? I'm 40 shy from my platinum on the game, and the capcom fighters are giving me a lot of trouble.

Ammy in particular. Weapon Change combos are so evil...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i don't own the game, but i did put a lot of time into my team. finished x-23, hsien ko, and tron mission modes in about a couple days when my friend first got the game

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well dern. I wish I lived somewhere where people amazing at this game could help me.

Actually, I've got one more trophy that's going to give me troubles.

Win 5 ranked matches in a row.

I think I'mma use the whole copy your save file after every win onto storage, then reload from that if you loose. I hate cheating, but the lag+ the fact I have 10wins/20losses yet I get paired with 200wins/60 losses a lot makes it hard to win...

MK is the same way... =/ Except I'm better and can hold my own there. Yet I loose online because lag is sooooo bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom