• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
10th Platinum (Dead Nation) toady. Almost done with Master Quest, as well. =]

S

smash brawl player 99021

F8AL removed Fuelbi from this conversation.

Your welcome, Typhlosion Room members.

Man Fuelbi, how can you ban yourself before I can even get admitted to the chat?

Disappointed, bro... :ohwell:

S

smash brawl player 99021

Well he got a free copy from Paprika Killer since he had an extra gift.
So I lost no money.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Protip: He used google search for the Z words.

I would have preferred less Zs, imo.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So I never understood what ZIO meant when he said the majority of music sucks nowadays. After tonight's VMAs, I can definitely agree.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I mean, i won't discredit them too much.

I am getting old.

And you know what happens to the old folk and the younger folk and the varying tastes in music.

but glad you got to witness what today's popular music consists of. I hope your eardrums really savored the flavor.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
ODIN described it to me as an RPG/Shooter, but with more RPG.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yup, video game music is the best! That the only thing listen to nowadays, everything else is meh....

Of course anything old is great, no awesome.

:phone:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So guys, I need a game reccomendation.

How is Deus Ex?
Amazing.

I've heard great things. Game definitely looks appealing from a story and gamepaly aspect.
More below in a second.

Trying to grasp what the gameplay is like
ODIN described it to me as an RPG/Shooter, but with more RPG.
And I feel that when I said that to you, I'm wrong.

It's RPG in the sense that you're playing a role, rather than a game with numbers and stats. It's closer to... I guess a shooter with a talent tree. It's very RPG in the presentation of story, the choices you can make (i.e. how you talk to people), and your 'talents'. Otherwise it's like Metal Gear (if you want it to be) +FPS. It's a beautiful game, and has an open world feel to it as well.

I'm not saying it's like Oblivion. There's sections of the game where you're running around a city (or two), and it's very non-linear. You'll pick up side quests and things like that, but like all quest games, if you stick to the main quest, yeah, it's linear ish.

There's also a cover system reminiscent to that of Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (never played R6V1). It works very well. My only complaint was towards the controls. Left Trigger is Cover, Right thumb stick press is ADS. Took some getting used to.

Oh, and I've been playing almost non-stop since it came. STILL haven't beaten it. So it's not short at all.

I would easily give it a 10/10, and if people want an in depth review, I'd be happy to write one.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm not big on shooters, but it seemed to be more of a stealth game, and that's what interests me to be quite honest.

Decisions, decisions. Might go with AC2 since FFXIV will be taking up most of my time, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom