• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Really?

I've heard a lot of praise about TWEWY, but you're the first to say it's better than Chrono Trigger. I guess I really need to hunt down a copy now.
Took about three months until a Gamestop in my area had one.

TWEWY has a great story. Bold and successful are the only things I can say to describe the soundtrack. The battle system is innovative and never got monotonous. Chrono Trigger was great and did soooooooooo much right. It's number three on my list, but I realized about two months after playing TWEWY that the only reason I continued calling it number one was so I could be a SNES JRPG hipster.

My top ten list goes like so:

1.) Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
2.) The World Ends With You
3.) Chrono Trigger
4.) Final Fantasy VI
5.) Kingdom Hearts
6.) Breath of Fire III
7.) Tales of Destiny
8.) Kingdom Hearts II
9.) Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
10.) Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 2

In making this list, I remembered the game I liked more than TWEWY.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Why would you want a 3DS remake? So that the sprites could be in 3D?
Same reason anyone would want a remake for one of their favorite older generation games, such as better graphics, (perhaps) an updated soundtrack, added features, yada yada yada.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
My closest gamestop has TWEWY in stock.
I may go get it sometime later this week.
I've been itching for a new game to play and I was thinking of going to get heartgold because I don't want to restart my SS anyways.

Patinator

Smash Champion
What do you do in Canada for Canadian Thanksgiving? Here in A-mer-i-ca we roast tur-key... um... you eat moo-oose?

I can't resist cracking Canada jokes, F8AL always knows I'm joking and that's what counts. :D

Enjoy your Canadian thanksgiving, Lythium (and other Canadians out there, eh)~

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it's the sequel to demon souls, if you've heard of that.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Please explain what this game is. The Internet seems to be buzzing about it, and I have no idea what it is.
I think it's the sequel to demon souls, if you've heard of that.
Basically, exactly that.

It's an incredibly tense dungeon-crawler in an open world environment. There is literally no story, but the challenge is actually just getting through the game. It's pretty difficult and unforgiving. You will die a lot. You go around exploring the area, killing enemies, leveling up, getting better equipment, etc.

I'd say if you're not sure about it, Demon's Souls is pretty cheap now, and a bit easier than Dark Souls.

edit: This may give you an idea of how the game actually plays. It's kinda hard to describe if you haven't seen it yourself. http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dark-souls/17-4966/

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Happy Thanksgiving to those in Canada.

Happy Columbus Day to those in the United States.

Happy Double Ninth to those in China / Hong Kong / Taiwan.

:3

Gates

Banned via Warnings
PR Balrog is good at a bunch of games. I think he even won a BB major once.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I remember one time PR Balrog was playing against Daigo in Shaq Fu in a FT5 MM.

They got to 4 games each before they decided to just keep their money and break the cartridge in half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom