• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
What Smoove said.

:I
Don't hold it against me, Lyth, but I was more outraged at the fact that Gates got banned again. He didn't say or do anything particularly inflammatory, and was in fact being pretty neutral in regards to Jobs' death in comparison to, say, Ryu.

That said, I'm not holding a damned vigil for the man. I'm also not going to sit here and chastise people for speaking out in "poor taste." It is what it is, y'know? A person dies. It sucks. You'll take what you will from their time on Earth, for better or worse, and move on.

In other words, it's a matter of individual worth. You can't force someone to care, and you can't force someone not to care.

*shrugs.*

Smooth Criminal

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
He didn't say or do anything particularly inflammatory, and was in fact being pretty neutral in regards to Jobs' death in comparison to, say, Ryu.
It's sad that he died of cancer but people are treating him like the ****ing messiah when really he's just some ******* who made ****ty computers for traumatic brain injury patients.
Yeah, he definitely didn't say anything particularly inflammatory here. How is this not inflammatory?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
No!

Only go head on...

And then throw a plasma grenade and bank hard right.
The blueish-jet planethingamajig right?

Last time I tried that going against that, I died...alot. I'd rather fight them the cowardly way..and live. :glare:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
People, a person DIED.

Dead. Deceased. No longer among us. Has that not hit home for any of you?

It doesn't matter if you like the product they made, sold, or hated the music they produced, or whomever it could have been. (That last bit isn't really applicable, I know)

A person. DIED.

Please show some respect.
500+ people just died while you typed that. Why aren't you waxing emotional over them?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Okay, that is just a little immature of you, man.

Steve jobs died and we know what happened.
How are we supposed to know what happened to those 500+ people? How do we even know that they've passed away?

Are you trying to inform us that we only care about one celebrity dead and not care about what happened to the others?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
we care because we know who he was, and he had a direct effect on the technology in our lives. i care, but you may choose whether or not you want to.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
we care because we know who he was, and he had a direct effect on the technology in our lives. i care, but you may choose whether or not you want to.
I'm not saying I don't care about the guy and his accomplishments. I'm saying it's annoying when people act self-righteous and get on their soapboxes about it. It's sad such a brilliant mind died at such a young age, yes, but that shouldn't stop people from discussing his celebrity and his life, and yes, even making a silly joke here and there. It's not like we're going up to his family and saying "lol Macs suck". There is no point in over-dramatizing it and getting frothingly defensive over someone you aren't even personally connected to and who will never be affected by anything we say in the first place. That's just how I see it. I realize that's different than many people's perspective but, whateva.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kinda reminds me about hen MJ died, except with not as many haters

:phone:
MJ was a boss for one, and for second had his fair share of hate DURING his life cycle.

With all of his music I've heard, it really made me sick while he was alive that people would accuse him of what they did and put him through all that. Because he was a focus of media attention constantly, people looked to find anything and everything wrong about him and misconstrue anything he did.

All that happened to him showed us TRUE human nature, imo. And that nature makes me reconsider the seeds I've eaten.

I'm just salty.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Enjoy your one day vacation.
My vacation was so awesome, you guys. F8AL paid to fly me down to Barbados. I spent all day on the beach and all night drinking in a tiki hut the hotel had before I flew out in the morning. It was really great, next time I'll try and get them to make my vacation longer.

No pics though, I lost my luggage that had my camera in it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My vacation was so awesome, you guys. F8AL paid to fly me down to Barbados. I spent all day on the beach and all night drinking in a tiki hut the hotel had before I flew out in the morning. It was really great, next time I'll try and get them to make my vacation longer.

No pics though, I lost my luggage that had my camera in it.
Fail.

Smooth Criminal

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't realize how effective a 10char dodge tagging your posts was.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What's the other term? When the word is spelled the same backwards and forwards? Paragram or palindrome, I think it was.

"A man, a plan, a canal, Panama."

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I remember those days, once upon a time, when I had the freedom to do whatever I wanted (
sleep in
) on Saturdays.

Now I work. Curse you, work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom