• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can make your game easier by setting some skulls on. I forgot a good number of them, but i think the one that increases the amount of grenades your enemies drop, plus the increase in amount of grenades they use can help in degrading their AI. Grunts especially and you'll be relying on those stickies very heavily.

I can't remember the others . . .

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
It's more for the challenge. Ever since a year ago, I've set the difficulty to it's highest available for the challenge and rewarding feeling I feel when I finally beat it but I had frustration in just the second mission in Reach. Those heavily armored enemyamajig gave me double digits death alone. Not to mention I'm still getting used to it's controls. I press LT as I keep thinking it's the zoom/scope button get into cover buttton. :glare:
Fixed that for ya.

:bee:

I don't know why Halo controls are so different from other shooters. :urg: But transitioning from one to the other is always boggling to me.

finalark

SNORLAX
Fixed that for ya.

I don't know why Halo controls are so different from other shooters. :urg: But transitioning from one to the other is always boggling to me.
I know. My muscle memory always screws me up. On top of that, jumping is amazing in Halo but useless in everything else.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Steve Jobs is dead.

Macs can get viruses. Yes I went there!.
Wow dude...I just lost some respect for you.

I've never bought or owned something by Apple.

Also that was pretty ****ed up Shimazu. The guy had cancer for Christ's sake.
This. People can be so insensitive sometimes.

It's sad that he died of cancer but people are treating him like the ****ing messiah when really he's just some ******* who made ****ty computers for traumatic brain injury patients.
Enjoy your one day vacation.

Well, My condolences to his family and friends.

It's kind of rude to complain about apple's technology at a time like this. I'm just saying.
Kicking them while they're down, huh?

There's never a bad time to complain about a product you don't like.
Whatever, dude.

But there is a bad time to praise the man like a deity. And there is a bad time to crack jokes about dying to cancer.
Yup.

This just in, Gates is an *******.

An ******* with a good point, but still an *******.
Whatever, dude.

It's more for the challenge. Ever since a year ago, I've set the difficulty to it's highest available for the challenge and rewarding feeling I feel when I finally beat it but I had frustration in just the second mission in Reach. Those heavily armored enemyamajig gave me double digits death alone. Not to mention I'm still getting used to it's controls. I press LT as I keep thinking it's the zoom/scope button. :glare:
You mean the wraiths? I hate those ****ing things.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think it is okay to joke about anything, ever.

I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs doesn't mind that Ryu made a joke about one of his products. I'm pretty sure none of you actually care, beyond forging the appearance of caring, either.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, cause you know all of us personally and in real life so you can tell when we're being genuine about something. =/

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I just think it's in bad taste. :ohwell:
There was nothing truly malevolent behind Ryu's joke, that's why I feel there's nothing wrong with it. I'm not one to comment on good/bad taste because I don't care about that especially on the internet, but there is a huge difference between what Ryu said and what Gates said. One is a goofy joke, and one seems genuinely hateful and spiteful. I hate to bring this up but if it helps make my point, my father died of pancreatic cancer and I have way too many family members who have other forms of cancer. Yet, somehow, Ryu's joke did not affect anything. It's just a joke. We/they don't need soldiers on the internet to defend everything that may be in bad taste.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
wtf? so I'm not allowed to speak my mind without everyone attacking me as if I ever implied I was the only one who was right? sorry

rip steve jobs you sweet prince, if anyone says anything that isn't overwhelmingly positive about you I will defend you on internet forums.

just because I'm self-assured doesn't mean I feel like my opinion is objective. you are just uncomfortable because I'm confident in my opinions even when they aren't popular ones.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Whatever, dude.
So you're allowed to make a joke about a product until someone that helped produce and market that product passes away.

I don't understand the significance because nobody ever cared to mention or congratulate him before his death. I remember the ****storm that ensued after the iPad presentation. It's not in bad taste to poke fun at Apples products and I don't know why you whatever'd me.

But yeah R.I.P Jobs and numerous other people that also died that day. Can't forget about them.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Because the way Shimazu worded his post was "definitely a joke".
The joke is that Steve Jobs died of cancer, a "virus" of sorts. Jobs helped create Mac computers. There is a prevalent myth that Macs are somehow incapable of getting viruses...I hope I don't have to keep going.

If that's not a joke to you, I would like to hear what you interpreted it as.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Let's stop this now guys. It's what the filthy Capitalists want. :glare:

Meanwhile, here's a video to bring in some much needed laughter.

Fixed that for ya.

I managed to switch the controls to make it feel a bit better but it's not enough. Curse my muscle memory. :glare:
You mean the wraiths? I hate those ****ing things.
If they're green and use their shield-arm everything you shoot them then yes, it's them and I'm with you in hatred. :glare:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If they're green and use their shield-arm everything you shoot them then yes, it's them and I'm with you in hatred. :glare:
Oh, you mean the hunters. Yeah...they're a pain in the *** but not as much as the wraiths (huge blue tank like vehicles) who love to run you over or shoot you from far away. Elites on legendary difficulty still piss me off to this day. :urg:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm pretty sure none of you actually care
So this is how all of you think. No one caring about someone that just passed away

This is not how I think. This is something I need to look more closely into.

The top story headlines on every news station is not a joke.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
People, a person DIED.

Dead. Deceased. No longer among us. Has that not hit home for any of you?

It doesn't matter if you like the product they made, sold, or hated the music they produced, or whomever it could have been. (That last bit isn't really applicable, I know)

A person. DIED.

Please show some respect.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Damn straight, guys.

I don't want to be rude to y'all.

But joking about it is not the way to go when a person's family could be having a tough moment.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
People, a person DIED.

Dead. Deceased. No longer among us. Has that not hit home for any of you?

It doesn't matter if you like the product they made, sold, or hated the music they produced, or whomever it could have been. (That last bit isn't really applicable, I know)

A person. DIED.

Please show some respect.
Thank you ODIN. Teach these young'ins a lesson or two. They'll only listen to a peer, so.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think too many people spend unnecessary amounts of time mourning someone they never even met.

People die everyday but because this guy invented the ipod we're going to be hearing about him nonstop for the next year.

Sure, it's a terrible loss and obviously he willed be remembered, but apple will go on. The only people who should be making a big deal out of this are his family and co-workers.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Egh, I really did not want Steve Jobs to die. I don't care what everybody says about Apple products being ****ty, I think they're great products

Literally the man just died so show him some respect or something. Thanks to him, computers were finally made commercially available at an acceptable price, something only schools and government jobs could have back then. He also revolutionized the way we use cell phones, for better or for worse. While he may not have been the one to come up with the touch screen, he was the first one who started the whole mess by making touch screens the standard, something most companies need to implement these days if they expect sales. He also came up with some of the best computers of all time. While the Mac may not be great for gaming, which is why it gets most of its criticism in teh first place, the computer is amazing for other things, such as art. I've been told before by people that the Mac is an amazing thing if you want to do stuff like art because of how well the interface is. I've been told that making music, drawings, etc. on a Mac is a million times better than the PC. There's also the fact that the Mac is also way faster than a PC, and I mean a PC that hasn't been upgraded or tuned in any way. Web pages load up faster and looking through hard drives isn't as much of a headache as it is when you have a PC with a lot of clutter. The iPod also changed the way we listen to music and use portable gaming. I mean, right now the app market is starting to become a contender against other handhelds like the 3DS. While the app market is never going to be as good of a medium as a good old fashioned handheld, it is still generating large amounts of cash from people who want stuff to do on their idle time.

I could go on, but I think you all get the point. I mean, really the man died. Show some respect.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I will show as much respect for the one man as I do the many of soldiers that die for this country and the many more people who die every day of various causes. Those people are as significant to me as this person is.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Looks like Apple workers are now
jobless.

No but really. It's sad, but people are acting like he was Jesus or something.

I think too many people spend unnecessary amounts of time mourning someone they never even met.

People die everyday but because this guy invented the ipod we're going to be hearing about him nonstop for the next year.

Sure, it's a terrible loss and obviously he willed be remembered, but apple will go on. The only people who should be making a big deal out of this are his family and co-workers.
Basically this.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
death is a part of life
This. :glare:

F8AL said:
If they're green and use their shield-arm everything you shoot them then yes, it's them and I'm with you in hatred.
Oh, you mean the hunters. Yeah...they're a pain in the *** but not as much as the wraiths (huge blue tank like vehicles) who love to run you over or shoot you from far away. Elites on legendary difficulty still piss me off to this day. :urg:
Oh yeah. Those things were a pain for me in the second mission. I learned a hard lesson that day: never go head on against one. :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom